Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hillsborough Families to sue Kelvin MacKenzie

Read 22173 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Hillsborough Families to sue Kelvin MacKenzie
      Reply #23: Apr 04, 2013 06:07:34 pm
      How the F**k do people keep hiring him?! Seriously!

The establishment takes care of it's own, the c**t in question is a lost cause for them and they know it. He will be abandoned by them and made a sacrificial example.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: Apr 05, 2013 04:35:06 pm
      The establishment takes care of it's own, the c**t in question is a lost cause for them and they know it. He will be abandoned by them and made a sacrificial example.

Aye Aye Cap'n.

It all comes to those who wait.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #25: Apr 05, 2013 04:48:16 pm
      Aye Aye Cap'n.

It all comes to those who wait.

As you say Skip and we have waited too long for the real culprits to be hung out to dry, or in the case of Thatcher just hung out.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #26: Apr 08, 2013 11:05:37 am
      The Telegraph have confirmed that it was a one off thing and Mckenzie will not write for them again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #27: Apr 08, 2013 12:15:31 pm
      The Telegraph have confirmed that it was a one off thing and Mckenzie will not write for them again.

It was only some online nonesense anyway and the F***ing leper has been dispensed with whether or not.
      The c**t is in status free fall and there is still some way to plummet.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #28: Apr 08, 2013 12:18:02 pm
      Yes, excellent news. Have the telegraph made a statement confirming this. I know other media sources and Henry Winter have said as much. It would be good to see their reason if they give one.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: Apr 08, 2013 12:30:06 pm
      Yes, excellent news. Have the telegraph made a statement confirming this. I know other media sources and Henry Winter have said as much. It would be good to see their reason if they give one.

Nothing from the the Telegraph itself but plenty of other broadsheets giving "the unprecedented level of vitriol from the public" as a reason mate.
      Lord Brett
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 08, 2013 08:45:06 pm
      It's nice that my first post here is some good news: McKenzie's reputation goes further down the pan as he gets the Daily Mail sues for £200,000 for libel. Couldn't happen to a nicer newspaper!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/apr/08/kelvin-mackenzie-libel-claim-daily-mail
      LFCexiled
      Reply #31: Apr 09, 2013 08:07:58 am
      It's nice that my first post here is some good news: McKenzie's reputation goes further down the pan as he gets the Daily Mail sues for £200,000 for libel. Couldn't happen to a nicer newspaper!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/apr/08/kelvin-mackenzie-libel-claim-daily-mail

Is that the devil on his shoulder coming to get him?

Nobody should leave that man alone until he's next to thatcher, I won't.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Apr 18, 2013 03:05:29 pm
      Dropped from The Telegraph thanks to one Jocky Hansen.

The truth - why the Telegraph dropped Kelvin MacKenzie's column

Has Kelvin MacKenzie become unemployable? Two weeks ago the former Sun editor lost his online column on the Daily Telegraph after just one effort (see here).

In July last year, he parted company with the Daily Mail after spending barely a year there as a columnist. Prior to that, from 2005 onwards, he wrote a column for the Sun.

It is also apparent that he is no longer the maverick right-wing voice of choice for BBC1's Question Time or Radio 4's Any Questions.

Why should this be? In a word, Hillsborough. Twenty-four years on from the tragedy he cannot escape the fury of the people of Liverpool for his front page that defamed the city's football fans.

One disastrous decision, to refer to the disgusting and false allegations about Liverpool FC's fans as "The Truth", has haunted him ever since.

Many scores of the comments below his Telegraph column referred to Hillsborough while others condemned the paper for "dumbing down" by publishing his views.

But I can reveal the real reason it was decided to drop MacKenzie. I understand that the editor, Tony Gallagher, was made aware by the sports desk of deep upset about the hiring of MacKenzie by its writers, especially its star columnist Alan Hansen.

Hansen, who played for Liverpool on the day of the Hillsborough tragedy that caused 96 deaths, has always been a strong supporter of the bereaved families.

Last year, when the Hillsborough Independent Panel report was published, Hansen wrote in the Telegraph of his "respect for the families and the campaigners who have fought so hard for the truth to come out."

In that article he also wrote:

"I have encountered ignorance about Hillsborough on many occasions, finding myself having to correct the inaccurate version of events."

No version of events was more inaccurate than that published by MacKenzie's Sun, so it was unconscionable for Hansen to have him as a Telegraph colleague.

Nor, I understand, was Hansen the only member of the sports team to object to MacKenzie being hired. Another of the paper's leading football writers protested strongly too.

Gallagher would also have to take account of the negative publicity should Hansen have resigned. Imagine the headlines about the departure of a respected Match of the Day TV pundit.

As for MacKenzie's sudden departure from the Mail, the reasons were shrouded in secrecy at the time. The Mail gave no explanation and MacKenzie said he was asked by the investors backing his online TV channel, Sports Tonight, wanted him to "focus on it full time".

I didn't believe that at the time, as I made clear in a blog post headlined Kelvin MacKenzie's abrupt Mail departure is baffling.

I pointed out that his final Mail column attracted several don't-go-Kelvin pleas among the 400 or so comments (now reduced to 42, I note).

So I wondered whether there had been a falling-out with the editor, Paul Dacre. Though denied by MacKenzie, I now understand that I was closer to "the truth" than his infamous Hillsborough headline.

MacKenzie was extremely upset about the editing of his column, which included the refusal to publish certain items. He regarded this as censorship. It led to a series of row and eventually, after one extremely contentious decision not to run a certain item (the contents of which I cannot disclose), MacKenzie went.

There was relief also among the Mail's sports staff because of the Hillsborough connection.

So, for the moment at least (and just possibly forever), MacKenzie's long, colourful and controversial newspaper career is over. He has been censored. And now he truly can focus full time on his own sports venture.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2013/apr/18/kelvin-mackenzie-dailytelegraph
      Lord Brett
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 18, 2013 05:04:20 pm
      I cannot tell you how chuffed I am to hear this news. Alan Hanson is an absolute hero, and the final step is to make sure the lying fat f**ker is shamed off out television screens as well.

One thing though: what could Makenzie possibly have written that was too offensive and/or libellous for the Daily Mail to print?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Apr 18, 2013 06:40:19 pm
      Well done Alan Hansen and co. Well done.

Telegraph were bunch of idiots for even hiring MacKenzie in the first place.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35: Apr 18, 2013 06:53:29 pm
      Instantly thought about Hansen's position when that low piece of scum was signed to write a column for them. Delighted to see they got him removed. Remove the tw*t of an editor who thought it was sensible for the c**t to write for them as well. I like The Daily Telegraph as a paper (along with The Times and The Guardian) but there was no way I was going to read it again for as long as that sh*t was writing for them. Definitely raised questions about the probably declining standards of that paper.

And I find it so sad that before September the media, broadcast and paper, thought it was ok to employ this monster. We now no longer see him on Question Time even though the truth about his filthy lies was well out there. The media establishment should hang their heads in shame.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #36: Apr 18, 2013 07:02:52 pm
      Should've been burned with Thatcher but that c**t's time will come.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #37: Apr 18, 2013 07:05:39 pm
      Well done, Jocky.

Hopefully that vile creature's days writing in newspapers and appearing on TV and radio are finally over.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #38: Oct 29, 2014 01:26:29 pm
      Host 'sorry' as MacKenzie appears on show
      The host of BBC1's Pointless quiz has apologised on social media after MacKenzie appeared on the show on Saturday.
      Richard Osman received a number of Tweets subsequently concerning the liars inclusion in the show and responded by saying he totally agreed with their concerns.
      He added that he was unaware of MacKenzie's appearance until an hour prior to the recording of the show and had complained about his presence in the studio.
      Replying to a concerned fan Richard Osman said ''jtlovell1979 Nope, about an hour before. Strongly argued against it''.
      MacKenzie appeared on the show alongside BBC and ITN's former political broadcaster Jon Sergeant.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/pointless-host-richard-osman-apologises-8006447

Watch Pointless occasionally and always thought Richard Osman was sound, this story more than confirms the perception.
      Could not believe my F***ing eyes when the pr**k showed up and was glad to hear his career has gone rapidly downhill.
      Sensed there was some reservation in Osman's attitude at the time but didn't realise he was so clued up on the lying b***ard, good on ya lad.   
      « Last Edit: Oct 29, 2014 01:41:46 pm by stuey »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Oct 30, 2014 04:00:29 pm
      Oh if ever a man deserved to be hung drawn and quartered then this is the man.I urge people to look up the punishment I suggest as I firmly believe it would be appropriate and I would be very willing to assist

Quick Reply