Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Hodgson admits to playing unfit Sturridge.

Read 5071 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Hodgson admits to playing unfit Sturridge.
      Reply #23: Dec 03, 2013 08:43:37 pm
      Imagine how much the FA would have kicked off if in the last game of the season we played Sturridge with an injury and jeopardised his chances of playing at the World Cup.

Wait, I forgot, the FA are a bunch of useless tw*ts
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #24: Dec 03, 2013 08:51:44 pm
      I don't give a F**k nor am I surprised that the withered old helmet did this, frankly I wouldn't expect any better of him because I know the type of character this shithouse of a man is, he managed my club for, what felt like, an eternity.

The question we ask ourselves now is, what are we going to do differently this time about getting bummed by the FA (which I'm now pretty much convinced stands for F***ing AMATEURS)?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #25: Dec 03, 2013 08:54:21 pm
      The man is still doing damage to our prospects of being a successful club once again ' despite he is no longer manager here.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #26: Dec 03, 2013 08:54:27 pm
      What a royal c**t
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #27: Dec 03, 2013 08:59:59 pm
      What a complete bell end. His actions could cost us 4th.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Dec 03, 2013 10:20:18 pm
      Sue the old pr**k and the FA. Disgraceful!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #29: Dec 04, 2013 01:36:43 am
      One from the archives.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson angry over Gerrard injury

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson said he was "disappointed and a little bit angry" about losing Steven Gerrard to an injury suffered in an England friendly.

The Reds captain faces three to four weeks out because of a grade two hamstring tear suffered in England's 2-1 defeat by France on Wednesday.

The 30-year-old went off after 84 minutes despite Liverpool requesting that he only play for an hour.

Hodgson said he and Gerrard wanted to draw a line under the matter.

The former Fulham boss stated: "As Liverpool manager I am frustrated and disappointed to lose such an important player for such a long period of time.

"Anything I say - other than I am disappointed and even a little bit angry about it - would be dishonest.

"But I know Steven, as an important player for club and country, is keen to put a tin lid on the matter.

"He is disappointed and sad too but he is going to do everything he can to get back to fitness as quickly as possible."

Hodgson was also rocked by Friday's news that midfielder Jay Spearing faces up to six weeks on the sidelines after suffering an ankle injury in training.

The 21-year-old turned his ankle and cracked a small bone just above the ankle in his fibia, ruining his hopes of making his first Premier League start against West Ham on Saturday.

England boss Fabio Capello has said he would speak with Hodgson to sympathise about the Gerrard situation but did not intend to apologise.

The Italian said he kept Gerrard on the pitch longer than intended against the French because he needed an experienced player on the pitch as Rio Ferdinand and Gareth Barry had been substituted because of injury at half-time.

However, at his Friday news conference, Hodgson confirmed the meeting was yet to take place.

"I don't expect apologies from anyone and I'm not prepared to add any fuel to the fire," he added.

If Gerrard is sidelined for four weeks he will miss matches against West Ham, Tottenham, Steaua Bucharest, Aston Villa, Newcastle and FC Utrecht.

The absence of such an influential player is a massive blow to the Reds as they look to turn around a disappointing start to the season in which they have only won four of their first 13 Premier League games.

After the game on Wednesday Liverpool fitness coach Darren Burgess criticised Capello and England on social media website Twitter for their extended use of Gerrard, although the posts were subsequently deleted.

"Unbelievable from all associated with England and English FA with regard to SGs [Steven Gerrard's] injury. Completely ignored agreement and past history," his first tweet read.

"Completely amateurish and now we pay for their incompetence. Absolutely disgraceful."

Liverpool will be compensated financially for the loss of their skipper as the FA's insurance policy will cover his wages for the weeks he misses because of an injury picked up on international duty.

However, Gerrrard's absence leaves Liverpool short in central midfield for the game against West Ham as Lucas Leiva will be suspended, while Christian Poulsen has struggled to adapt to the Premier League after his summer move from Serie A side Juventus and Spearing is now injured.

Playmaker Joe Cole is also sidelined as he recovers from the hamstring strain picked up at Bolton on 31 October.

However, Hodgson has been boosted by better news on strikers Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt, and defenders Martin Skrtel and Glen Johnson.

Torres played the second half of Spain's defeat by Portugal after picking up an ankle injury last Saturday in the loss at Stoke.

Netherlands international Kuyt, Slovakia centre-back Skrtel and England right-back Johnson did not go on international duty as they recovered from injury and all four should be fit to face the Hammers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9206129.stm

Interesting change of tune eh Roy?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Dec 04, 2013 01:58:10 am
      Cuuuuuuuuuuunt!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Dec 04, 2013 07:03:01 am
      What an absolute Cretin this man is, he simply endangered a players career to what , prove a point, he is for me probably the most incompetent fool in English football but yet the equally incompetent FA hire him to mis-manage their national team,

Is it any wonder therefore that most countries laugh at them and many hate their sheer arrogance, 'we are England' we expect preferential treatment,

In the world of Hodgeland where no one else matters except me and what I bewieve,

Me thinks the loons have taken over the asylum, and it won't be long before the white coats arrive.

YNWA

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Dec 04, 2013 11:22:29 am
      Don't keep talking Roy.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #33: Dec 04, 2013 11:43:55 am
      A total fraud of a manager, and in using that title I belittle every professional who has ever stood on a touchline.

I cannot put into words how much I hate this F***ing owl face tw*t.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #34: Dec 04, 2013 04:08:14 pm
      Hodgson is a blert-extra-ordinaire. But I bet there were plenty kissing this shill's behind when he was here.

Moving on, its hardly surprising that Sturridge or indeed one of our "essential players" (Mignolet, Suarez, Sturridge... perhaps Gerrard) is out for a significant length of time.

Fenway invested v little in the 1st 2 windows. They spat in our faces by scamming Rodgers on 2nd Sumer (ie forcing Carroll out, then refusing to stump an extra mil for striking cover). And this Summer again was a complete joke, with cheapos, also rans forming the overwhelming bulk of the signings.

Really a club like Liverpool should have 4 or 5 decent strikers. Aspas is a 5th or even 6th striker at very, very, VERY best. So we now have ONE acceptable striker ie Luis who infact isn't even a striker first and foremost but actually a deep lying forward.

I think it also reflects on the FA considering Rodgers to be a little lightweight and inexperienced in these matters. Would that Scotch c**t Fergutwat have let Sturridge out, in the same position? I v much doubt it.

Moral of the story, you cant be remotely serious with just 2.1 strikers on the books. Even in the 80s and 90s, we'd have more than that. And football is an INFINITELY more squad orientated game these days.

Very worrying times. Our challenge for 4th could even be finished before the window opens.
      Dont wanna say "I told you so", but....

Quick Reply