Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Simon Mignolet
      5 (6%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      7 (8.4%)
      Martin Skrtel
      27 (32.5%)
      John Flanagan
      8 (9.6%)
      Steven Gerrard
      18 (21.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (3.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      3 (3.6%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (2.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      7 (8.4%)
      Luis Alberto
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2013 04:02:04 pm

Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 38588 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #713: Dec 02, 2013 12:23:34 pm
      I'd prefer to *eat* my own cock than watch that again

Taking a break from eating others eh? 

:)

On an aside, never understand why, as  fans, we only like re-watching good results/games.  Usually, for me, a game is worth a re-watch if people have said things that I didn't really see or I saw things that haven't been brought up. Generally, I just find t worthwhile when I have the chance to re-watch any game.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #714: Dec 02, 2013 12:29:15 pm

Taking a break from eating others eh? 

:)

On an aside, never understand why, as  fans, we only like re-watching good results/games.  Usually, for me, a game is worth a re-watch if people have said things that I didn't really see or I saw things that haven't been brought up. Generally, I just find t worthwhile when I have the chance to re-watch any game.

I can understand why Rodgers and his coaching and playing staff re-watch games in which we were poor, or got a bad result.

What's the point for anyone else to bother? Just painful.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #715: Dec 02, 2013 12:41:33 pm
      It's going to be a long f**king month.
      More like a long 6-8 weeks.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #716: Dec 02, 2013 12:50:48 pm

Told you it'd be a long month.
      ;)
      Stewie89
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #717: Dec 02, 2013 01:02:23 pm
      Firstly, hello to all fellow Liverpool FC fans. I have been reading this forum for a while without posting. I have decided to post today as a show of support for the club. Yes, without doubt it was a terrible display against Hull. So lacklustre on so many levels. No –one had a game to write home about and 3 points were thrown away with as far as I could glean a total lack of effort/performance. That said, I still support and that’s why I make my first post on a day like today, a day when I’m putting yesterday behind me and looking forward.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #718: Dec 02, 2013 01:11:22 pm
      But it's a regular problem.

Drogba constantly caused us problems, Benteke caused us problems, Carlton f**king Cole ran us raggered last year, Lukaku causes us problems etc etc etc. Our centre halves, and it doesn't seem to matter which pair it is, struggle against the big burley centre forwards.

When top teams are buying big bullying burly forwards while we ended up having pint size Aspas and Borini. Wonder whether BR realises he's managing a club steep in history.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2013 12:46:37 pm by redkop63 »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #719: Dec 02, 2013 02:02:17 pm
      Going to put myself through the full 90 again tonight, when I get back from work.  Some things I thought I saw and some I missed that I want to clarify.

Don't envy you. I couldn't stomach that again. Perhaps you can find a positive from it this time around, exempting the final whistle though?
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #720: Dec 02, 2013 02:43:27 pm
      Poor performance, and a poor result.  This game highlighted our lack of quality depth in attacking positions and at fullback.  We have a fantastic starting 11 when everyone is fit, but the drop in quality after that is alarming.  We could really use another top, versatile CF who can play with or in place of Suarez/Studge. 

I do think we still have enough quality to push on in our next few games and continue to stay near the top of the table, but we will need to invest in January in order to really push for a place in the top 4 this term. 
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #721: Dec 02, 2013 02:53:46 pm
      I've braved the forum today. I didn't have the balls yesterday to have a look. I am still not reading everyone's posts as I am sure one or two individuals are trying to bring Brendan and the team down, all doom and gloom.

There is no getting round the fact, we were awful yesterday. Some of the players appeared to lack real heart. Some lacked quality. We were well beaten by an average team who played their hearts out. Yes, two goals were fortunate but we defended badly and the midfield did F**k all. As for going forward, we lacked a creative edge. Obviously when you take Countinho and Sturridge out of the team, it is going to massively effect the creativity. However, the likes of Moses & Sterling posed little, if any, threat. In the middle, Hendo was his usual self, working his ass off but playing behind the forward is not his best role. Stevie played okay and Lucas looked weak. Massively disappointed and I refused to even talk to people about it yesterday, I was that angry.

HOWEVER, it's one game where we have looked poor. We have to build on our previous form, starting with a thrashing against Norwich. Some of the players need to seriously look at themselves after Sunday. As for Brendan, think he made a mistake in selection and tactics but I wouldn't place all the blame on him. I understand why he has shouldered the blame (psychology and all that) but the players have to take responsibility.

As for the so-called 'fans' on twitter and the off individual on here, I understand you want our club to be successful but there are ways to express your support. Damning the whole squad and Brendan is not going to work. This is the time when the team need us most. I am calling all fans present at Anfield on Wednesday to show as much support as you can.

The end. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #722: Dec 02, 2013 03:05:24 pm
      I've braved the forum today. I didn't have the balls yesterday to have a look. I am still not reading everyone's posts as I am sure one or two individuals are trying to bring Brendan and the team down, all doom and gloom.

There is no getting round the fact, we were awful yesterday. Some of the players appeared to lack real heart. Some lacked quality. We were well beaten by an average team who played their hearts out. Yes, two goals were fortunate but we defended badly and the midfield did f**k all. As for going forward, we lacked a creative edge. Obviously when you take Countinho and Sturridge out of the team, it is going to massively effect the creativity. However, the likes of Moses & Sterling posed little, if any, threat. In the middle, Hendo was his usual self, working his ass off but playing behind the forward is not his best role. Stevie played okay and Lucas looked weak. Massively disappointed and I refused to even talk to people about it yesterday, I was that angry.

HOWEVER, it's one game where we have looked poor. We have to build on our previous form, starting with a thrashing against Norwich. Some of the players need to seriously look at themselves after Sunday. As for Brendan, think he made a mistake in selection and tactics but I wouldn't place all the blame on him. I understand why he has shouldered the blame (psychology and all that) but the players have to take responsibility.

As for the so-called 'fans' on twitter and the off individual on here, I understand you want our club to be successful but there are ways to express your support. Damning the whole squad and Brendan is not going to work. This is the time when the team need us most. I am calling all fans present at Anfield on Wednesday to show as much support as you can.

The end. 

I'd go along with this, we have played well this season and I think and really really hope that was an isolated bad game. The players were cr@p and the manager got the selection wrong, the only positive was that it wasn't against one of our rivals, that would have been much worse. We have to bounce back well against Norwich and West Ham though and who knows maybe we'll even be able to beat Spurs, they are certainly underperforming at the moment.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #723: Dec 02, 2013 06:13:10 pm
      Well, a game that we should have walked away from with 3 points we instead walked away with playing 3 minutes of good football at the most.

Mignolet, didn't have a great deal to test him really but at the same time couldn't do anything about the goals.

The defence was once again very very worrying. Johnson has seriously gone off the boil these last few games, he had a bad game against the Bitters and yesterday he was just as bad. Johnson offered no real threat in attack and added nothing to the defence either, although he done nothing well, at the same time I can't think of anything dog awful but just that his overall performance was well below par.

Kolo Toure, my god he really did look like a typcial free signing, the guy was a mess on the pitch, he was all over the place and turning himself in knots at one point and after that performance I expect to see him returning to his seat on the bench for the next game, shocking!

Skrtel I think was our best player and you really wouldn't have thought so considering one goal took a massive deflection off him and he scored an own goal to seal things. Once again though he showed good tackling and determination to block the ball. Much like Mignolet letting in 3 goals last week was an injustice to his performance.

Flanno was much like Johnson IMO but showing more effort.

Gerrard once again put in the lack luster kind of performance we come to almost expect to see from him these days, he scored a good goal but that's it. Very much like Lucas and Hendo, got forward when possible but to no real affect and the same defensively. It was a very flat performance by the midfield 3, they couldn't even pull off a simple pass, constantly getting intercepted because they put next to no power on them. The midfield is where games are often won and lost and once again our midfield was a shambles.

Moses was positive and in the right mind set it seems but at the same time he was VERY unproductive, arguable at fault for one of the goals by gifting them possession and wasted a great chance right before Hull scored.

Sterling, woeful, shockingly woeful. He was unable to beat a single man, he couldn't make a pass, he couldn't provide even a half decent cross and was generally shocking. He needs to take a good look at himself and see whether he has the right mindset to make it with us because he almost seems cocky on the pitch now and expects to be able to pull everything off with minimal effort.

Suarez, who can blame him if he wants to still leave after being paired with Moses and Sterling, he was offered no support at all and there was no understanding by the 3 of them at all. It wasn't a good performance by Suarez but he was still his lively self and getting stuck in, all be it having to drop a lot deeper to get the ball because he was getting nothing from the midfield 3 and nothing from the other 2 up top.

Coutinho, sub standard performance but was a big step up on Sterling.

Alberto, along with Sterling our worst player IMO, he couldn't keep hold of the ball and Hull were getting through us like a hot knife through butter after he came on.

Now I don't normally go through the players like this so my apologies if people get irritated when people do this.

This was just an embarrassing performance and we looked like a relegation threatened team at best, so so shocking and on par with our shocking display against Saints and Arsenal. We have some really tough away fixtures coming up and it's these games against Hull that we HAVE to win to basically compensate for any points lost in the tougher games. Literally lost for words on how to describe it, there was absolutely no fight shown by the players yesterday and I was embarrassed watching that shambles of a display.

Massive wake up call for the team!

Outplayed by Hull, jesus christ!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #724: Dec 02, 2013 06:32:36 pm

I don't agree with you about Toure, I thought that with Skrtel he was our best player. Admittedly Toure struggled with his distribution, taking far too long (reminded me of Carra at his worst)  but they all did.

Apart from that I thought you were spot on.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #725: Dec 02, 2013 06:39:51 pm

I don't agree with you about Toure, I thought that with Skrtel he was our best player. Admittedly Toure struggled with his distribution, taking far too long (reminded me of Carra at his worst)  but they all did.

Apart from that I thought you were spot on.

Yeah I thought Toure was decent. Him and Skrtel did well to repel the runners which kept sprinting past Lucas both with and without the ball. Little Skrtel could do about the first, Moses gives it away, Lucas attempts to close it down but gets easily passed around just for a change, Skrtel closes down and is unlucky with the deflection. I didn't think they defended the second very well between them, while for the third the defensive side of our midfield was thirty yards back as Tom Huddlestone for the first time in his career outpaced someone.

There's only so much these lads can do, and as for distribution I feel for them too. When their go to man seven times out of ten simply gives it back to them when they roll it out to him, you can hardly wonder that eventually they have to give it the Carra treatment.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #726: Dec 02, 2013 06:45:45 pm
      It was a very depressing performance from the team and manager,as soon as I heard Sturridge and Philip were out I worried .
      Moses and sterling were just abysmal,luis had a big off day stevie looked very ordinary in fact no one shone .
      The thing that dissapointed the most was the subs BR should of just being brave and gone for a triple substitution like lambert did for villa against WBA instead of F***ing about he had fick all
      To lose and it could of worked.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #727: Dec 02, 2013 07:22:35 pm
      Still haven't seen the game, and I'm not sure I'll bother. I'd only be watching to see just how bad we were anyway.
      From what I've read the players were bad and the manager got it wrong tactically.

Maybe arrogance was to blame on this occasion, and this defeat could be the reality check the players need to spare them on.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #728: Dec 02, 2013 08:10:20 pm

Yeah I thought Toure was decent. Him and Skrtel did well to repel the runners which kept sprinting past Lucas both with and without the ball. Little Skrtel could do about the first, Moses gives it away, Lucas attempts to close it down but gets easily passed around just for a change, Skrtel closes down and is unlucky with the deflection. I didn't think they defended the second very well between them, while for the third the defensive side of our midfield was thirty yards back as Tom Huddlestone for the first time in his career outpaced someone.

There's only so much these lads can do, and as for distribution I feel for them too. When their go to man seven times out of ten simply gives it back to them when they roll it out to him, you can hardly wonder that eventually they have to give it the Carra treatment.

I think that is one of the big worries mate. If your goalkeeper doesn't have a bad game, and your two CB's are probably the pick of the bunch.... letting in 3 goals against a team that supposedly can't score is a bit of a problem. 

For me the bad habits of early last season have crept back into our game. Aimlessly passing it about at the back with little or no intent,  then making poor passes to players that are already under pressure as there is so little movement in front of them.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #729: Dec 02, 2013 08:39:56 pm
      Yeah I thought Toure was decent. Him and Skrtel did well to repel the runners which kept sprinting past Lucas both with and without the ball.

Poor Lucas, singled out in a midfield 3 :D

What about the one's who ran off Gerrard, does he get a pass for a wonderful freekick ?...

Lets be honest the whole 6 in front of the back 4 were F***ing Awful, including Suarez.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #730: Dec 02, 2013 09:48:11 pm
      People actually thought Toure was decent?

Oh my...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #731: Dec 02, 2013 10:22:26 pm

Oh my...

I thought he was poor.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #732: Dec 02, 2013 10:53:01 pm

Oh my...
      I think it was in comparison to Moses who has redfined what  the worst ever Liverpool player should look like.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #733: Dec 03, 2013 01:38:42 am
      60 minutes in.  We've played far too much hoofball, some very sloppy passing when in possession, made worse by some amateurish individual errors.  Been two incidents in which Skrtel was lucky to not be carded.  Most frustrating for me is we either had good off the ball movement ignored or no movement at all.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #734: Dec 03, 2013 07:10:20 am
      I dont agree Hull outplayed us. I think they were equally poor but just got the breaks in the box....that happens and is not to excuse our performance....just that theirs was equally as rank.  Id like to agree that this was an isolated bad game but I just dont see it myself. We have played very well at times and with all available players we are extremely threatening going forward.   But when I think of the space some teams have operated in and around our midfield this season it makes me cringe. When I think of Swansea in the second half passing it round us.....Southampton pressing us high in the second half and penning us in at the Annie Road End......Everton midfielders having twenty or so yards to run untouched through the centre of our midfield and their players having numerous one on ones.....Arsenal...well we know what happened there.   The point being this was NOT an isolated game. The centre midfield is a real problem for Liverpool and there are numerous reasons for that but what did we do in the summer to address the issue? We did nothing. Instead we brought in three central defenders and kept the other defenders we have.  I couldnt understand that decision at the time and today it still astonishes me.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #735: Dec 03, 2013 07:14:09 am
      I dont agree Hull outplayed us. I think they were equally poor but just got the breaks in the box....that happens and is not to excuse our performance....just that theirs was equally as rank.  Id like to agree that this was an isolated bad game but I just dont see it myself. We have played very well at times and with all available players we are extremely threatening going forward.   But when I think of the space some teams have operated in and around our midfield this season it makes me cringe. When I think of Swansea in the second half passing it round us.....Southampton pressing us high in the second half and penning us in at the Annie Road End......Everton midfielders having twenty or so yards to run untouched through the centre of our midfield and their players having numerous one on ones.....Arsenal...well we know what happened there.   The point being this was NOT an isolated game. The centre midfield is a real problem for Liverpool and there are numerous reasons for that but what did we do in the summer to address the issue? We did nothing. Instead we brought in three central defenders and kept the other defenders we have.  I couldnt understand that decision at the time and today it still astonishes me.
      I tend to agree with you,we had the biggest share of possession but did not use it to our advantage.

Quick Reply