Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Simon Mignolet
      5 (6%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      7 (8.4%)
      Martin Skrtel
      27 (32.5%)
      John Flanagan
      8 (9.6%)
      Steven Gerrard
      18 (21.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (3.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      3 (3.6%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (2.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      7 (8.4%)
      Luis Alberto
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2013 04:02:04 pm

Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 40188 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Live: Hull vs Liverpool
      Reply #460: Dec 01, 2013 04:05:35 pm
      I feel sorry for Skrtel cause I actually think he was one of our best, behind Touré only.

Sterling and Moses highlighted our weakness in terms of squad depth and midfield was once again below par. Henderson is not up for the job of being our main creative CM as the only thing he does is run, and run, and run, while the pairing between Gerrard and Lucas remains a reason for worry.

It worries me that Sterling might end up like Jonjo Shelvey, at some smaller club, but not up to the job at LFC. He needs to go out on loan so he can hopefully develop into the player we hope he'll, but playing in the reserves clearly isn't helping him.

Moses has qualities going forward but is too erratic and his work rate leaves much to be desired. It was a very silly mistake for their first goal (a lucky goal, to be fair) and it probably affected his confidence. In the future, if we have players like Coutinho and Sturridge out due to injury again, I would prefer to use players who might not be as explosive and fast as Sterling but more technically sound to exchange passes with the likes of Suarez, even if at the expense of some speed going forward - like Alberto seems to be (still a big question mark though) and Allen.

Let's hope Southampton and Swansea do the job against Chelsea and Man City... unlikely, but it would surely help us stay where we are in the league table.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #461: Dec 01, 2013 04:06:09 pm
      we were truly outplayed. 

lets face it, the midfield needs new bodies.  first XI type of players.   At the same time, Johnson needs to be benched for a bit, he over thinks everything and is quite slow to the ball.... so many times he imagines himself nutmegging opponents but what really happens is that he is caught flat footed after losing the ball. 

we had extremely poor final third attacking threat.  our midfield were never strong enough to help push up.  coutinho when he subbed on had many instances where he was desperately looking for someone to thread the ball to but no one ran up and gave him an option.

just poor poor poor really
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #462: Dec 01, 2013 04:06:31 pm
      The problem was in the defence.
      The problem was the 11 players on the pitch and come to think of it the manager as well
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #463: Dec 01, 2013 04:07:34 pm
      If you'd watched the pre-match on Sky where they met with Bruce, he talked about how they analysed our performance last week and that forced him to have a change of tactics, albeit accounting for Sturridge being included, he talked about set pieces and getting the ball out from the back to the front very quickly.

There you go the tactical and analytical battle was won by Bruce.
      We wish Brendan is like that. I wonder what he does outside of his office hours. Analyse videos or play golf?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #464: Dec 01, 2013 04:08:44 pm
      I saw Rafa produce teams that battered teams like ~Juventus,Real Madrid and Barcelona and get us to two CL finals.I saw Kenny deliver us title after title.
      And now I see Brendan producing a side so inept that we go to Hull and get battered,
      This is FSG we might win the league in 10 years but today is all that counts in football and I wish today they would just F**k off
      LFCexiled
      Reply #465: Dec 01, 2013 04:08:53 pm
      So that's what we look like without Suarez.

Woeful performance by the majority, you never earnedbyour coin today lads.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #466: Dec 01, 2013 04:09:00 pm
      The problem was the 11 players on the pitch and come to think of it the manager as well

He should have cut loss at half time. But he allowed the same tactics to go on.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #467: Dec 01, 2013 04:09:27 pm
      Wow, hard to know what to say :( That was a woeful, horribly inept display made worse because that was a crap Hull side. No point picking out players, we were awful all over the park. Shambolic stuff, have we played worse in 2 seasons? Last season at home to West Brom comes to mind.

Thought Moses and Sterling were poor, but we almost worse when they went off, Coutinho was wasteful and Alberto was completely anonymous.

Can you lay it at BRs doorstep? Hindsight is a great thing, Dagger at the back might have given distribution from the back a bit more composure. Maybe Coutinho from the start might have made a difference. But we were SO bad, difficult to know what he could have done, and where we go from here. If we play even half as bad as that in future matches we are in trouble.

We've seen this happen in previous seasons, we go on a run of unexplainably average/poor run of performances, drop a chunk of points, and end up out of the running.  We absolutely HAVE to bounce back in the next match and put this behind us, because that was a horrendously poor display.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #468: Dec 01, 2013 04:09:51 pm
      We saw to day that the manager is far too impressed by himself. He isn't Bill Shankly reincarnated at this point he is more like Hodgson.
      Sacking Kenny to bring in a man who brought us Borini,Allen Moses etc and we are told Kenny got sacked for his signings which Brendan still uses.
      He is FSG's man and it is they who are responsible

When people said  ... you can't get a rookie manager in and hope to win the leaue, i simply don't believe that but the evidence is out there and Hull's game have me believing what was said. I don't mind having Rafa back here at this very moment.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #469: Dec 01, 2013 04:10:07 pm
      I'm not defending anything soft lad

There is more to it than lambasting a manager just because you don't like him which you clearly don't.

You enjoy your slaughtering here.. I'll leave you to it

Ha ha "soft lad"

Whatever P.D. reduce yourself to personal comments after being challenged, expected better from you.

You were clearly defending him and suggesting those placing blame at his feet should give their heads a wobble, back away from that or back it up, simply trying to have it both ways is poor.

As for not liking him, no today I don't like his decisions and think he needs to learn fast that when we're looking sh*te things need changing before 65minutes and the game starts drifting away from you.

So today, yes he was sh*te!
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #470: Dec 01, 2013 04:10:27 pm
      Victor Moses ultimate employer is Chelsea.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #471: Dec 01, 2013 04:10:31 pm
      I can remember one poster a few pages back who called for Rodgers to walk.
      Today is what matters in football.Being twated by Hull isn't something that should be accepted
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #472: Dec 01, 2013 04:10:38 pm
      You could tell what kind of game it was going to be when Victor Moses tried to lob the ball over the top to beat his man then forget to actually run on to it, then by the ti me it registered and he started to run, he'd lost the ball and it was heading goal wards.

I'd honestly never let him near the pitch again after that, no wonder Chelsea were so keen to loan to a rival.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #473: Dec 01, 2013 04:11:07 pm
      The whole team just didn't turn up today.
      No intensity, no energy, no imagination. Our passing and movement was so slow and leaden-brained.
      Coutinho was the only player who looked even remotely sharp.
      Don't know if we took the 3 points for granted, but that was truly dire.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #474: Dec 01, 2013 04:11:11 pm
      From the first minute when I noticed Flanagan and Johnson receiving the ball and turning back towards our goal I thought there is a problem here. Then I noticed how slow the game was being played...almost like in slow motion....and how hard it was for our players to basically control the football and pass it forward as opposed to backwards.  We could not deal with the pressing that their forwards engaged in. We went to pieces. It was embarrassing to watch against such an obviously limited team. Hull were terrible. They cant pass a ball and they simply waited for the breaks in our box and then once in the lead took play to the wings and held it up winning numerous free kicks and throw ins. They also took about a minute each time play was due to be restarted. For such a crap team as them, they could not have played a better game plan. Im amazed at how limited we were...I knew our midfield had problems but I was not fully aware of how tentative we are. Gerrard is non effective playing so deep. He just doesnt impact on the game in open play because his role does not allow it. Henderson was terrible and Lucas looked lost. Suarez looked fed up....Moses was quiet and Sterling too weak. I said in one of the other posts when reds were saying...can we win the title? I said id be thrilled with 4th. Sad to say but Id also be amazed.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #475: Dec 01, 2013 04:11:20 pm

The problem was the 11 players on the pitch, the subs, the coaches, FSG, the manager and come to think of it the directors.... all except Kenny of course :)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #476: Dec 01, 2013 04:11:31 pm
      The midfield needs a serious overhaul with significant funds spent on that department. Most of them are just not up to the standard required - quick, intricate, passing play. Very few are of the ability to play like that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #477: Dec 01, 2013 04:11:32 pm
      When people said  ... you can't get a rookie manager in and hope to win the leaue, i simply don't believe that but the evidence is out there and Hull's game have me believing what was said. I don't mind having Rafa back here at this very moment.
      he should never have been sacked in the first place
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #478: Dec 01, 2013 04:11:56 pm
      Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard were both dog sh*t today.

Manager consistently picking the wrong team these days.  I genuinely fear what strategies he will employ now that Sturridge is out for two months.

We could be miles out of the top four by the end of this month.

I disagree, Gerrard was the only midfielder who was decent, his range of passing again was good, unfortunately he can't do it by his own again and Lucas again showed why he will never be a top midfielder.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #479: Dec 01, 2013 04:12:00 pm
      I saw Rafa produce teams that battered teams like ~Juventus,Real Madrid and Barcelona and get us to two CL finals.I saw Kenny deliver us title after title.
      And now I see Brendan producing a side so inept that we go to Hull and get battered,
      This is FSG we might win the league in 10 years but today is all that counts in football and I wish today they would just f**k off

Calm down mate, we also saw Rafa produce teams that constantly failed to beat teams near the bottom of the table and this performance today reminded me very much of Kenny's last season in charge.

Your generalizations are so boring...
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #480: Dec 01, 2013 04:12:08 pm
      How Huddleston bossed the midfield still baffles me.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #481: Dec 01, 2013 04:12:16 pm

I have a little suspicion that he is "cheap to employ".
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #482: Dec 01, 2013 04:12:38 pm
      You could tell what kind of game it was going to be when Victor Moses tried to lob the ball over the top to beat his man then forget to actually run on to it, then by the ti me it registered and he started to run, he'd lost the ball and it was heading goal wards.

I'd honestly never let him near the pitch again after that, no wonder Chelsea were so keen to loan to a rival.
      I cannot remember a worse performance than today

Quick Reply