Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Simon Mignolet
      5 (6%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      7 (8.4%)
      Martin Skrtel
      27 (32.5%)
      John Flanagan
      8 (9.6%)
      Steven Gerrard
      18 (21.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (3.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      3 (3.6%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (2.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      7 (8.4%)
      Luis Alberto
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2013 04:02:04 pm

Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 39225 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #552: Dec 01, 2013 05:26:38 pm
      I was going to single out individuals and criticize them for their failings in general and today, but I will just say that the shape of the whole team looks odd all this season, it's like playing pikmin or something they end up in clusters at various times during the game or large areas are open for the opposing players to take advantage of, instead of everyone knowing their position, it's like the manager tells them that after so many minutes concentrate on the right or left side, I might be seeing things wrong.
      I'd rather have the team being great in their prefered position and really looking safe in that role than have some weird fluid interchangeable tactics or whatever the coaching staff think it's called.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #553: Dec 01, 2013 05:33:29 pm
      I do not expect LFC to put out teams with workman like players and I think Luis probably thinks the same.This was probably one of the worst if not the worst teams ever sent out by LFC

No excuse for me.

Anyway..

It's getting us nowhere.. Have a good night Walt
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #554: Dec 01, 2013 05:34:22 pm
      I think today has been like a dam bursting for a lot of people. We all knew that our performances weren't really title challenging, but we all hoped that they would become better while expecting reality to creep up and hit us over the head. I think that reality has finally hit us.

We need players and if we don't get them and the right ones, a title challenge or even top four is going to be way beyond us.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #555: Dec 01, 2013 05:34:35 pm
      Funny thing is, we'll probably batter Norwich on Wedensday and then EVERYONE will be questioning those who questioned our team.

Fact of the matter is, we can beat Norwich and West Ham at home, but we'll never be consistent enough to finish top four.

Lets not have short memories now. Even if we batter Norwich, there is still something fundamentally wrong with this team.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #556: Dec 01, 2013 05:38:50 pm
      in simple terms one world class player the rest either average or just slightly above some u21s need to be having a go now im afraid rodgers signings have proved to be very ordinary
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #557: Dec 01, 2013 05:38:54 pm
      Funny thing is, we'll probably batter Norwich on Wedensday and then EVERYONE will be questioning those who questioned our team.

Fact of the matter is, we can beat Norwich and West Ham at home, but we'll never be consistent enough to finish top four.

Lets not have short memories now. Even if we batter Norwich, there is still something fundamentally wrong with this team.
      the answer is probably about £100mill to be precise.
      The disgusting way in which FSG are coning people about their intent has been laid bare today.
      Brendan can never be judged unless he is given the tools to do the job.
      The question for me about him is has he got the balls to front FSG about their intentions.
      This is the worst starting 11 I can remember and we have aspirations of finishing in the top four?.Not a F***ing chance
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #558: Dec 01, 2013 05:42:51 pm
      the answer is probably about £100mill to be precise.
      The disgusting way in which FSG are coning people about their intent has been laid bare today.
      Brendan can never be judged unless he is given the tools to do the job.
      The question for me about him is has he got the balls to front FSG about their intentions.
      This is the worst starting 11 I can remember and we have aspirations of finishing in the top four?.Not a f**king chance

I agree with you that FSG are conmen but I also think Brendan has spent plenty mate.

Sakho
      Allen
      Alberto
      Illori
      Aspas
      Borini

£70m worth of players that all could have been available to him today not on the pitch. Yes he needs backing more, like the cases with Willian/Costa/Mkhitaryan but I can no longer buy the argument that he hasn't been given money, just not enough. Already playing down how much we'll spend in January apparently, I get the feeling it wont be long until we're told "anything above 7th will be a fantastic achievement".
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #559: Dec 01, 2013 05:43:41 pm
      Pressure  was on and we cracked, again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #560: Dec 01, 2013 05:45:10 pm
      What ever Jose said to his players at half time he has had a reaction from the Chelski players, that's what I want to see from BR, unfortunately not seen many of those yet.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #561: Dec 01, 2013 05:45:41 pm
      you could have posted that nearly every season over the last 20 years mate.
      The difference being we have had spells of success this squad is possibly the worst I have seen in a generation.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #562: Dec 01, 2013 05:46:56 pm
      I agree with you that FSG are conmen but I also think Brendan has spent plenty mate.

Sakho
      Allen
      Alberto
      Illori
      Aspas
      Borini

£70m worth of players that all could have been available to him today not on the pitch. Yes he needs backing more, like the cases with Willian/Costa/Mkhitaryan but I can no longer buy the argument that he hasn't been given money, just not enough. Already playing down how much we'll spend in January apparently, I get the feeling it wont be long until we're told "anything above 7th will be a fantastic achievement".
      But we keep being told Kenny was sacked because of his signings and just look at Brendans FFS.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #563: Dec 01, 2013 05:50:03 pm
      But we keep being told Kenny was sacked because of his signings and just look at Brendans FFS.

Who told us that Walt?  I thought it was because he backed Suarez, or was it that he had too much sway with the fans, or was it we had the worst home record ever recorded in the league by Liverpool.  I don't know any more.  :roll:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #564: Dec 01, 2013 05:51:36 pm
      open your eyes he would not pass to Sterling or Moses
      Neither would I
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #565: Dec 01, 2013 05:51:51 pm

Well I'll never accept that was the only reason Kenny was sacked mate as you know. I will say that Brendan needs to get a couple of signings spot on January or I actually don't think he'll get a 3rd year because I don't think we'll finish high enough, with this current squad for him to justify it with FSG.

Now before anyone says that's me calling for him to be sacked, no, it's just I believe FSG will have a minimum expectation of Champions League this year and without a couple of great signings I don't think we'll make it.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #566: Dec 01, 2013 05:51:55 pm

Unfortunately that seems a recurring theme. What we do about it I don't know, but if we have ideas about top 4, then somebody had better put their thinking caps on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #567: Dec 01, 2013 05:55:27 pm
      Who told us that Walt?  I thought it was because he backed Suarez, or was it that he had too much sway with the fans, or was it we had the worst home record ever recorded in the league by Liverpool.  I don't know any more.  :roll:
      that's what I believe is the corporate line.It wasn't because he won a trophy or got to another final or qualified for Europe but then again as things stand who knows
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #568: Dec 01, 2013 05:56:55 pm
      Sakho has got to play some time, our defense at the moment is a shambles.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #569: Dec 01, 2013 05:59:17 pm

It depends upon how Norwich play, doesn't it? Liverpool's problem, contrary to popular belief, isn't beating smaller teams, it's beating teams that are compact and put a lot of players behind the ball. Any team that plays open football is always vulnerable to our counter attacks but we look clueless, and have for many years now, on how to go about breaking teams down. It's long been our failing.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #570: Dec 01, 2013 05:59:46 pm
      The quality of our strikers except SAS and Coutinho is pathetic.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #571: Dec 01, 2013 06:10:46 pm
      1. Sterling is an impact sub and no more.
      2. Coutinho never influences games coming off the bench.
      3. Our record with Flanagan in the team is poor. That may be coincidental or due to playing 3 times away from home but basically he is too lightweight for the premiership.
      4. Given the above , and cissokho's form we may have to play Henderson at right back, Johnson at left back and re introduce Allen.

Sturridge's injury could really derail us. The centre back issue is massive. Has it really. One down to who partners Skrtel? On the evidence of today that will be whoever grabs his chance out of sakho and Agger...
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #572: Dec 01, 2013 06:14:58 pm
      We had no left footed players in our team today. Absolutely no balance to the side at all.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #573: Dec 01, 2013 06:19:44 pm
      Awful performance today, the only player who put in any sort of shift was Skrtel.

I can accept defeat but the simple fact is we just didn't seem interested today.

Rodgers must stop changing the centre back pairing, Moses' attitude has stunk from day one and Jordan Ibe should be ahead of Sterling on recent performances.

Spurs, City and Chelsea away coming up...we could end up in or around the bottom half by the new year going on that performance!

Only positive is we've got a game Wednesday to put things right. The boss and the players need to step up.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #574: Dec 01, 2013 06:22:55 pm
      Didnt understand the team selection to be honest. Fair enough injury forced Brendan's hand somewhat up the pitch but F**k all reason to play Toure (who has had two shockers in a row) and move Skrtel to left centre back. Pointless. Brendan said it was to deal with Hull from set plays after last weekend - but Hull don't have huge players like Lukaku to deal with to be honest.

Why when things were going quite well did he mess with the side? Brendan guilty of over thinking me thinks, Agger's absence caused us issues in defence and in passing from the back.

On other notes our wingers were atrocious, we have no creativity without Coutinho and we no longer have the SAS partnership to mask other issues in our side.

Cracks starting to appear and the table looks a lot more realistic

Quick Reply