Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Simon Mignolet
      5 (6%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      7 (8.4%)
      Martin Skrtel
      27 (32.5%)
      John Flanagan
      8 (9.6%)
      Steven Gerrard
      18 (21.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (3.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      3 (3.6%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (2.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      7 (8.4%)
      Luis Alberto
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2013 04:02:04 pm

Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 38580 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #667: Dec 01, 2013 11:36:28 pm
      I honestly really worry what the score is going to be against City.

Hopefully we pull a performance like the West Brom game out and we give them a real game, but I wont lie at the moment I think we'll get bloody hammered.

We play like we did today and a result like Spurs got last week is well on the cards.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #668: Dec 01, 2013 11:37:34 pm
      Q: Why is it often said that we have the best supporters in the world?
      A:Its obvious "they" don't come on this forum after a loss..
      I despair. :f_wah:
      try looking at some other sites this is "balanced" compared to most.
      Its also natural to be angry and pissed off after a defeat like that
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #669: Dec 01, 2013 11:42:48 pm
      to be fair most teams lose man city at home, we got win next two home games, we worse midfield l see in my life, hopeful we get least good midfield in january
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #670: Dec 01, 2013 11:48:01 pm
      to be fair most teams lose man city at home, we got win next two home games, we worse midfield l see in my life, hopeful we get least good midfield in january

That's fair Ireland and I wont worry about our top 4 aspirations if we lose to City. Just the way they're playing and the way we're playing, especially in midfield just feels like I might be tuning in for a horror. Who knows though, football is a funny old game, be great to get a proper result.

As for the next 2 games, if we don't come away with 6 points from those, top 4 will look like a bloody mountain to climb by christmas.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #671: Dec 01, 2013 11:59:13 pm
      Once again a team with a big burley centre forward bullied our centre halves. We suffered from it last year, we suffered from it last week and we suffered from it again today. Nobody associated with Hull will be complaining about that Sagbo's performance tonight, this is despite our best player supposedly being our centre half. Every time the ball went forward, they looked threatening.

The midfield was, again, as creative as my fashion style. (that's not a compliment). Huddlestone and Livermore were made to look like world class players due to how sh*t we were in the middle of the park. I've made my feelings towards Lucas' contribution well known and today was a prime example of it. Gerrard didn't do a F***ing thing other than that free kick. Henderson was so invisible I didn't think he had a bad game because I didn't think he touched the ball to have a bad game, he had a non-existent game which is bad (if that makes sense). Out wide, oh F***ing hell that was painful. Moses is one of the worst players I've seen in a Liverpool shirt and Sterling hasn't moved his game on from his early promise.

Suarez up top was frustrating because he was trying too much on his own and it simply weren't coming off today. Maybe he had to try it all on his own but it still doesn't hide the fact that what he did try today was poor.

And one man who must take his share of the blame is the manager. I usually don't blame the manager for on-field performances like this because it's the players who are out there under performing but today Rodgers must of seen at half time that it weren't working and we were lucky to go in level at the half because we didn't deserve to score. But he didn't change it. He stuck with it for too long. He stuck with players who were performing at a level that would struggle to make Tiber St's starting XI this Sunday. Obviously he can only make three subs but at least one of them should of been made at half time for Sterling or Moses for a creative player like Coutinho.

All in all it was a F***ing shambolic performance from everybody in a Liverpool shirt today. And it's put added pressure on the next two home games. They were games that we should win but now they've become games we must win.

Pissed off doesn't quite sum up how pissed off I am :laugh: (I'll try and end with a joke)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #672: Dec 02, 2013 12:03:48 am
      Only small crumb of comfort is that there is a game in 3 days time.

The whole table between 2nd and 9th is so bunched up that I think by the time we get to Man City and Chelsea we will really regret throwing away the 5 points over the past two games.

Fact is that our team isn't Champions League quality, neither is our squad and when United get into their groove we will be fighting for Europa League scraps with Newcastle, Spurs and Everton.

Once again a team with a big burley centre forward bullied our centre halves. We suffered from it last year, we suffered from it last week and we suffered from it again today.

Don't think that was the main problem.  More to do with our insipid midfield and our undersupplied forward line.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #673: Dec 02, 2013 12:11:17 am
      luis he wont here nextsummer, that worse see us play these year, we fu**ed lf luis get injury, buy good midfield in january and good foward, we could be good team
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #674: Dec 02, 2013 12:21:35 am
      January  2013.

Matt Smith .... not the Tardis one ......

Oldham 3  Liverpool 2

Team ..

01 Jones
          16 Coates
          37 Skrtel
          47 Wisdom (Gerrard - 55' )
          49 Robinson
          14 Henderson
          24 Allen
          31 Sterling Booked (Shelvey - 72' )
          07 Suarez
          15 Sturridge
          29 Borini (Downing - 55' )

Against an in yer face Centre Forward.

Nothing Changes..... including the team despite all the purchases in the summer.
      Had what was left of January's window and our famous August window of " squad and team " players.
      Didnt matter which did it ?

A JOKE.

Bye Bye Luis .
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #675: Dec 02, 2013 12:25:58 am
      Don't think that was the main problem.  More to do with our insipid midfield and our undersupplied forward line.

But it's a regular problem.

Drogba constantly caused us problems, Benteke caused us problems, Carlton F***ing Cole ran us raggered last year, Lukaku causes us problems etc etc etc. Our centre halves, and it doesn't seem to matter which pair it is, struggle against the big burley centre forwards.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #676: Dec 02, 2013 12:32:51 am
      I've seen this before from us, not just under Brendan (and to be fair it doesn't happen as much to him as it has a whole host of recent managers) but we looked devoid of ideas today and failed to break down a very tight/compact defensive unit - credit to Hull and Bruce who has them reasonably well organised at the back.

The credit to Hull doesn't take away the fact the this was our worst performance of the season and 10/11ths of the team looked s.hite and inept. We blew a chance to stay in second place today with a performance the players should be ashamed of. They couldn't even get into gear, they were stuck in fvcking neutral and paid the price.

Midfield needs an overhaul, they are our Achilles heel.

Norwich can't come soon enough.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2013 12:49:39 am by Beerbelly »
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #677: Dec 02, 2013 12:37:28 am
      Feel really depressed right now, just had a fight with my gf after the game as well... let's hope the manager can do something about it in the next game.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #678: Dec 02, 2013 12:39:02 am
      Feel really depressed right now, just had a fight with my gf after the game as well... let's hope the manager can do something about it in the next game.

I agree Brendan should shoulder some of this blame, but asking him to do something about the problems you have with your girlfriend is a bit much to ask in my opinion.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #679: Dec 02, 2013 12:51:37 am
      After the game, I used google to see some space in the internet to pour  my anger out..

I support the team and the manager,still..

But that was a crap performance, did they get their payment in front or what? and not trying to do anything at all..

They can't flow the ball forward when the scoreline was 1-1 , and I was thinking that might be a fitness level, and just live with it this week.

BUT It became a more disappointment when after it's 2-1 they actually CAN attack, this probably tell us that the players need to be kicked to have a run.

Next time I hope they play as motivated as like when they are in a losing scoreline from the very beginning!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #680: Dec 02, 2013 12:54:37 am
      I agree Brendan should shoulder some of this blame, but asking him to do something about the problems you have with your girlfriend is a bit much to ask in my opinion.

:lmao:

Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #681: Dec 02, 2013 01:01:12 am

Classic!
      Hullcityafc
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #682: Dec 02, 2013 01:04:23 am
      Some of you guys need to get a reality check on two fronts.

Some people saying things about Hull City being an average or poor team. Well we are in this league based on merit and so far this season have done very well. Besides beating Liverpool today we have also beaten the likes of Norwich, West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and the last time I checked we where still in the top half of the league.

We have lost to Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham and excluding the Chelsea game we where extremely unlucky to be beaten taking Tottenham to penalties once, outplaying Man City throughout the majority of the game and pushing Tottenham to the limit playing them twice in one week.

Yes you should be beating teams like us but don't be delusional to think we are a poor or average team. We like you had a blip last week against Crystal Palace it happens. Especially when a player like Huddlestone could quite easily get in the Liverpool first team.

Secondly it is quite laughable when you see comments about people saying you desperately need to get to the transfer window to splash some cash and bemoan the absence of Sturridge. Your teams is worth millions and millions has some of the greatest players in the world, worth at least quadruple the amount of our squad and we have our best two players out injured and Alex Bruce in defence.

It is crazy that some of you think the solution is to spend more money regardless of the pool or quality and expensive players you have as a result of being beaten by a "poor squad".

I also thought strangely enough that Skrtel was your man of the match today.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #683: Dec 02, 2013 01:05:13 am
      Wow! Skrtel gets the most votes on the MOTM poll. Now nothing surprises me anymore.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #684: Dec 02, 2013 01:16:22 am
      Wow! Skrtel gets the most votes on the MOTM poll. Now nothing surprises me anymore.
      And why not? He had a good game today with two unlucky deflections.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #685: Dec 02, 2013 02:09:47 am
      And why not? He had a good game today with two unlucky deflections.

You're kidding, right? One deflection that the keeper had covered had he not stuck his foot in there, and one own goal that would've ended up closer to the corner flag than the goal post had he not stuck his head in. But at least he provided Rodgers with the perfect opportunity to sit him out.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #686: Dec 02, 2013 02:26:44 am
      You're kidding, right? One deflection that the keeper had covered had he not stuck his foot in there, and one own goal that would've ended up closer to the corner flag than the goal post had he not stuck his head in. But at least he provided Rodgers with the perfect opportunity to sit him out.

so you suggest that he should have stepped aside to let the hull player shoot freely on goal? Shame on him for trying to block a shot.

Now nothing suprises me anymore
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #687: Dec 02, 2013 04:13:18 am
      Was Gerrard that good today Mick?
      Apologies to butt in your conversation. Trying to put a finger on motm. Just can't get around to choosing anyone so I'll boycott this vote unless I change my mind later. Stevie was poor but was the best in our shirt, made a couple of advanced runs too inside the box and the service to Suarez was poor.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #688: Dec 02, 2013 04:47:15 am

gotta remember the speed this game goes at.  in both situations of deflections.. on a better day, skrtel's body part could've saved a goal.  Skrtel was doing his very best to stick a piece of his body in the way of a shot, too bad he was just a fraction of a second too slow.

however, we shouldn't have been in the position of them shooting the way they did in the first place.  the 2nd goal against us was a classic shooting fish in a barrel kind of goal.... I cringed when it was unfolding, somehow knowing that it was destined to go in :(
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #689: Dec 02, 2013 06:47:33 am
      I am still too angry to comment after this mauling by Hull City Tigers.Enough said.

Quick Reply