Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

World Cup 2014 Draw

Read 13667 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: World Cup 2014 Draw
      Reply #46: Dec 06, 2013 06:16:31 pm
      Your record against us is actually pretty good though. But yeah, you seem quite screwed.
      A dodgy sending off in a friendly match helped us a heap against you guys from memory. We're like Fat Sams wet dream the way we play football at times so we don't exactly deserve to progress.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #47: Dec 06, 2013 06:36:44 pm
      I think England will struggle to win a game. Up against three teams that will enjoy the heat England's run till you drop approach under Hodgson means we will not last long.

Although Hodgson's make the ball do the work approach (sit back and boot the ball as far upfield as you can) may actually suit us.... while all the other teams laughingly try to play football on the ground we will just sit back and launch it as we march on to the final :D
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #48: Dec 06, 2013 06:49:26 pm
      After the way the FA treated Luis it was written in the stars that Uruguay would be in the same group as England. How much money would you put on Uruguay to send England home and Luis to score the vital goal.
      Karma is a wonderful thing! It could just be pay back time for the FA.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #49: Dec 06, 2013 07:02:31 pm
      Weird, weird draw. Argies got a sh*t group, AND will play just a few kms from their country, in Porto Alegre. Too lucky. In fact TOO lucky

*gasp* Fifa accused of favouritism, corruption and bias? For shame Fifa! I would never have thought it of you  :roll:

But seriously what is with this rule change rubbish the day before that ends up giving France arguably the easiest group they could have got.

I'm looking at you Michel...

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #50: Dec 06, 2013 07:07:06 pm
      Ha Engerland don't have a chance of getting through that group!! Suarez and Cavani will rip the Engerland defence to pieces!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #51: Dec 06, 2013 07:53:43 pm
      http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/dec/06/world-cup-travel-guide-england-in-brazil-manaus-sao-paulo-belo-horizonte?CMP=twt_gu

The Itaquerão, as the stadium is popularly called, is the home of Corinthians, the country's second-largest club, after Flamengo.

8)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #52: Dec 06, 2013 08:00:01 pm
      Australia well fu**ed. And Uruguay v England. Perfect!
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #53: Dec 06, 2013 08:45:43 pm
      I really hope I'll have more luck in the next tickets sales phases, cause I'll be depressed if the only game I go to is Belgium vs Algeria.

if it wasn't that far away for me, I would gladly take your ticket :).
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #54: Dec 06, 2013 09:02:44 pm
      I don't know I think Australia got a perfect group if this was ..cricket or rugby world cup unfortunately its THE world cup and we are going to be well destroyed.

I am very happy for Luis and his chance to give the FA some return on the support they have shown him over the past few seasons.

I also agree with Diego, f*ck the interpretive dance off. If you want a spectacle organise a 5 aside with Zico, Rivelino, Maradona, Francescoli and Hugo Gatti against Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Baresi, Zoff and Laudrup
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #55: Dec 06, 2013 09:33:26 pm
      What are England worrying about?!!! They've got Tom Cleverly in their ranks for goodness sake! If that isn't cause for hope then, f**k me, I don't know what is!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #56: Dec 06, 2013 09:55:21 pm
      Going to make this thread a sticky, and unsticky the WC qualification thread.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #57: Dec 06, 2013 10:31:08 pm
      I'm going to be optimistic and say England will finish 3rd in the group.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #58: Dec 06, 2013 10:33:12 pm
      Sh*t Draw. Some groups are FAR too weak. The Argies will have a fiesta in thgeir group. Colombias group is also weak. Brazils one is also quite easy.

WOW, I expected a tough draw for Uruguay, but 3 WC winning NTs in one group seems odd.

It's all relative.  Argentina, Brazil and Colombia have got 'weak' looking groups because they are top seeds and quite good at footy.

Any group England were going to be in as not a top seed would have been difficult.

I don't think Uruguay have got a tough group at all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #59: Dec 06, 2013 10:52:19 pm
      Can imagine it now, Suarez handles on the line like against Ghana, get's away with it and then goes up the other end, blatantly dives and wins a penalty, takes the penalty and kills Ingerland's hopes of getting through the group stage.

Seen a few people saying France have an easy group, I don't think so at all, I think all the teams are at a similar level to be honest because France are no where near the dominant team they used to be.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #60: Dec 06, 2013 11:08:08 pm
      I think if France squad comes together as good a it potentially can then that should walk that group.

No guarantee that with happen though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #61: Dec 06, 2013 11:34:14 pm
      Wow, we got properly screwed. Wonder if there is any way we can convince Messi to defect to the US before the tourney. ;D
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #62: Dec 06, 2013 11:58:02 pm
      I think England will struggle to win a game. Up against three teams that will enjoy the heat England's run till you drop approach under Hodgson means we will not last long.

Errrrm, climate in Uruguay is temper, with temperatures in the 20s  C usually. Not everything below the Ecuador is filled with coconut palm trees and chickens in birds cages ;) We will suffer the heat just like the rest. Its the Humidity that will kill us all. 100% everyday with the heat will be hard
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #63: Dec 07, 2013 12:04:20 am
      It's all relative.  Argentina, Brazil and Colombia have got 'weak' looking groups because they are top seeds and quite good at footy.

Any group England were going to be in as not a top seed would have been difficult.

I don't think Uruguay have got a tough group at all.
      Id take Iran, Mexico, Croatia Cameroon and Bosnia anyday instead of Italy and England. Even when We neverlost a competitive match against ENgland, and a match between Italy and Uruguay is basically a mirror match
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #64: Dec 07, 2013 01:04:25 am
      Errrrm, climate in Uruguay is temper, with temperatures in the 20s  C usually. Not everything below the Ecuador is filled with coconut palm trees and chickens in birds cages ;) We will suffer the heat just like the rest. Its the Humidity that will kill us all. 100% everyday with the heat will be hard

Temperatures in the 20's is hot to me mate, we may not live in igloo's but that's just because we are not very good with our hands. Average temp during our season is about 10 C  and we don't tend to worry about humidity, what with all the rain constantly pissing down.

Four Yorkshiremen
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Dec 07, 2013 01:32:38 am
      Whilst Uruguay and Italy are favourites over England in the group, it's nowhere near over yet. Uruguay have Cavani and Suarez and on their day they can destroy any defence but they in turn have quite a poor defence and can be got at. Jordan proved that on a number of occasions, they just lacked any type of finishing ability to make it count. Where Italy are concerned, it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up a draw just like at the Euro's in 2012.

One thing is for sure, I'd rather go out to the likes of Uruguay and Italy than Algeria, Cameroon etc.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #66: Dec 07, 2013 02:05:05 am
      Jordan proved that on a number of occasions, they just lacked any type of finishing ability to make it count.

To be fair Uruguay had already had it won after the 5-0 1st leg lead, they were never going to go for it anywhere near as much in the 2nd leg with a lead like that. Will be a different situation entirely come the World Cup.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #67: Dec 07, 2013 02:21:44 am
      To be fair Uruguay had already had it won after the 5-0 1st leg lead, they were never going to go for it anywhere near as much in the 2nd leg with a lead like that. Will be a different situation entirely come the World Cup.
      Its funny, because historically, we are reknown for our tough defending (ask ARgentina or Brazil ;) ), but yes, our defence has been pretty average in the past year or so. But in tournaments its a whole different animal. Its our Midfield that im worried about, now that Forlan is down the hill

IF Suarez is firing on all cylinders, we can beat anyone in the world.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #68: Dec 07, 2013 12:00:23 pm
      Agreed. I'd consider them dark horses to win the whole thing.

Quick Reply