Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: LFC v West Ham Utd.

Mignolet
      6 (5.8%)
      Johnson
      1 (1%)
      Flanagan
      1 (1%)
      Allen
      18 (17.5%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.9%)
      Sakho
      12 (11.7%)
      Henderson
      2 (1.9%)
      Gerrard
      1 (1%)
      Suárez
      29 (28.2%)
      Coutinho
      26 (25.2%)
      Sterling
      5 (4.9%)
      Kelly (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Lucas (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Moses (Sub)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Liverpool 4-1 West Ham: In game and Post Match Glee

Read 25352 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1274 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 West Ham: In game and Post Match Glee
      Reply #575: Dec 08, 2013 03:42:05 am
      Like I said previously, keep Allen in the starting line up, give him the games and confidence and get his rhythm going and he will provide for us. He's going in the right direction, fingers crossed he keeps improving. Here's me predicting he'll score against Spuds.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #576: Dec 08, 2013 04:41:02 am
      just finished watching the game as i had work all day

i'm buzzing with the result... but what a weird game it was. 

A couple of things I would like to mention

Suarez's slippery self is just so great to watch.

sakho has got to continue starting... i thought he had a fantastic game

allen did well today... his confidence is growing and with that he can definitely help create chances for us

cou is just a brilliant player... with some better finishing, we could've had at least 3-4 more goals

mig's stellar save was a huge huge highlight for me

flanagan... i really like this lad.  if you look at how he played last year and even the first couple of games vs now... he has so much more mobility and is willing to take risks

gerrard... i hope he is ok soon.   hamstrings can be tricky

sterling i thought played well.  yes he didnt score but he was so quick, created chances and was very unselfish

srktel ... i thought he played well.   unlucky with his og but he was pretty boss in the air

johnson... he was ok.   his assist to suarez obviously saved him from wrath haha

hendo ... thought he was decent.  nolan's foul on him was absolutely brutal.... i took a gander at the west ham boards and they seem happy to see nolan gone for 3 games ;D

we need to maintain our tempo, team play and intelligence .... we can grab some solid results if we do!
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #577: Dec 08, 2013 08:37:28 am
      For some who wasan't sure, it was indeed Lucas who gave the ball away and they had a bit of possession before the Skertel own goal. But I agree with some, we played well with Lucas back and the Brazilian will be key if Stevie has a lengthy spell off.
      Moses was guilty against Hull and here he was again constantly trying to beat his man and losing possession.  Overall a great team performance bar Moses. Hope the fella starts clicking soon before we are led to conspicuous thoughts that he has been sent by the Chav's to sabotage our games.  ;)
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #578: Dec 08, 2013 11:24:23 am
      BBC are and have been against Liverpool since the days of Rafa and it has got worse over the years.

Where to watch proper highlights? Is there anywhere I can watch the Sky highlights online somewhere?

Thanks.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #579: Dec 08, 2013 11:34:53 am
      BBC are and have been against Liverpool since the days of Rafa and it has got worse over the years.

Where to watch proper highlights? Is there anywhere I can watch the Sky highlights online somewhere?

Thanks.

Kill the volume and the BBC is quite watchable.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #580: Dec 08, 2013 02:54:53 pm
      Gave Sakho my motm. Thought he was superb. Closely followed by Skrtel who was just brutal in the air. Not his biggest fan but when he's in this form he is just brilliant.

Everyone else was decent. Some highs and some lows from all involved.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1274 
      Reply #581: Dec 08, 2013 06:25:36 pm
      Gave Sakho my motm. Thought he was superb. Closely followed by Skrtel who was just brutal in the air. Not his biggest fan but when he's in this form he is just brilliant.

Everyone else was decent. Some highs and some lows from all involved.

Though Sakho was excellent again, so impressed with him ever since he's come in, not really put a foot wrong in my opinion. As he beds in to Liverpool more, he should get better. I think he has to start against Tottenham.

As for the BBC, too damn right it was F***ing lousy last night. While Messrs Shearer and co shed too many tears over Man Utd, they could have cut the crap out and put in a bit more of Liverpool. Judging from the highlights, Sterling was non-existent in the game, yet the chances he had in the game weren't even shown. What a load of sh*t. Is there anyway to complain to this paedo harbouring organisation?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #582: Dec 08, 2013 07:52:44 pm
      Did anyone see who Stevie gave the armband to when he came off?  looked like he threw it at someone but I didn't see who became captain.  Skrtel maybe?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #583: Dec 08, 2013 07:59:35 pm
      Did anyone see who Stevie gave the armband to when he came off?  looked like he threw it at someone but I didn't see who became captain.  Skrtel maybe?

The ball boy by the Kop.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #584: Dec 08, 2013 08:06:15 pm

Think it was Johnson..?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #585: Dec 08, 2013 08:14:06 pm
      All I could do for motm was to judge from what I saw on motd. On that evidence I gave it to Coutinho. Will watch the flu match on lfctv if I get time tonight. Great win though, and pleased we held it together when West Ham had their moments. Whoever we play, will get  some opportunities to get on top, it's how WE deal with that what counts, and by all accounts we dealt with it well yesterday.
      And for once, We got 3 points when all around us bar spuds were dropping them. And spuds were lucky, they are not playing well at all at the mo.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 528 
      Reply #586: Dec 08, 2013 08:59:23 pm

Thanks.

The BBC have  Hansen and Lawrenson on their punditry team, but whoever edits the highlights this season must be a raging Manc.
      We played loads of really nice intricate stuff yesterday and the beeb showed virtually none of it. They've done that all season.
      The worst was the win over Man U - they showed us scoring early on and then literally didnt show even ONE more attack of ours in their coverage. It was really ridiculous. But yeah yesterday was pretty bad as well. First half they made it look like West Ham were all over us!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #587: Dec 08, 2013 11:18:18 pm

was johnson

surprised the armband went to him tbh.  i wouldve gave it to srktel before johnson.

imo it should be

gerrard -> agger -> lucas -> srktel  ..........before the whole i want to leave issue in the summer.  I would've put suarez before lucas
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #588: Dec 09, 2013 02:47:01 am
      I'm confused.... are we still a club in crisis ???  After the Hull game, the sky was falling and we were going to be lucky to have a chance at the top 4 and even that was only contingent on us signing a few quality players in January.  Yet, a mere two games later and things seem just peachy based on the posts I've been reading on here....

Never amazes me how fickle and knee-jerky some of the support can be!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #589: Dec 09, 2013 02:58:01 am
      I'm confused.... are we still a club in crisis ???  After the Hull game, the sky was falling and we were going to be lucky to have a chance at the top 4 and even that was only contingent on us signing a few quality players in January.  Yet, a mere two games later and things seem just peachy based on the posts I've been reading on here....

Welcome to 2013.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #590: Dec 09, 2013 02:58:06 am

No I wouldn't say we were in crisis but I would not say that everything is rosey, peachey and title race back on.

Real test  of our ambition and quality will come within the next couple of weeks.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #591: Dec 09, 2013 04:57:40 am

this is just the calm before the storm.  everyone knew we needed to win these two games and we did.  however i highly doubt anyone is fooling themselves that we have a strong enough team to challenge for the title.  the next few games leading into january imo will truly expose what we need to buy in the upcoming transfer window
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #592: Dec 09, 2013 05:45:31 am
      surprised the armband went to him tbh.  i wouldve gave it to srktel before johnson.

I'd give it to Luis. Talk about leading by example this season. Would be a huge statement and honour to him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #593: Dec 09, 2013 07:40:42 am

I'd give it to Luis. Talk about leading by example this season. Would be a huge statement and honour to him.

f***in A, I would too, who knows what goes round in the loon's head but giving him the honour of captaining the team would definitely make him think, that gesture alone is sending the ultimate 'we trust you Luis ' and want you leading,
      Can't imagine the pride he would feel , and that ladies & Gentlepersons could make the difference in him making a decision , that and us obviously qualifying for CL next season,
      Not saying we should strip Gerrard of the armband to keep luis here , just make him vice take it from there ?

YNWA
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #594: Dec 09, 2013 09:11:35 am
      Not really a very emphatic 4-1 victory, but I don't really care. Suarez and Coitinho were outstanding, but the loss of Gerrard will be very keenly felt, as Lucas is a terrible player.

Mignolet (7). Oh for a clean sheet! One fabulous stop and a brilliant throw to instigate an attack. Great refkexes.

Johnson (6). Some wicked crossing, but still looks a bit like a confused bear sniffing out a picnic at times.

Sakho (7). He is never going to be a claming, Rolls-Royce defender, but his sheer power and drive is imfluential.

Skrtel (6). Another own goal, but I thought he was pretty good overall.

Flanno (6). Plnety of energy and commitment, but needs more composure

Allen (6). Pretty ordinary in the first half, but grew in influence as game went on. Still nowhere near good enough to be in our first XI

Gerrard (7). Creates havoc from his deadballs and he was entirely in control of this game. Terrible news about his injury, and I'm dreading Lucas being back in the first XI

Sterling (6). Some signs that he is getting his game back together. Always a threat with his pace, but needs to add brains and decision-making.

Henderson (6). MUch better from Henderson and now approaching his best form, which is a typical 6 out of 10 and lots of running.

Coutinho (8). Classy, effective, brave forward play. Integral.

Suarez (8). Ordinary game by his standards. Very good by anyone else's. Another goal and the usual havoc wreaked. What a player.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #595: Dec 09, 2013 10:21:19 am
      I thought we were in control for large parts of the game and well deserved winners in the end.
      My MOTM went to Coutinho, who has really attempted to be positive since his return. Considering he has been asked to play wide left, then behind SAS, now centrally behind Suarez on occasion, he has done really well. Although few of his passes missed the mark at times, i think it will improve once the other midfielders anticipate the passes better.

My concern (has been for a while) is still that our midfielders arent contributing enough of a goal scoring threat. Without Suarez, we often struggle to create goal scoring opportunities...making Coutinho's role even more important in the team.

Great weekend of results all-round, lets hope we keep the momentum heading into next yr!!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #596: Dec 09, 2013 01:26:23 pm
      F**kin A, I would too, who knows what goes round in the loon's head but giving him the honour of captaining the team would definitely make him think, that gesture alone is sending the ultimate 'we trust you Luis ' and want you leading,
      Can't imagine the pride he would feel , and that ladies & Gentlepersons could make the difference in him making a decision , that and us obviously qualifying for CL next season,
      Not saying we should strip Gerrard of the armband to keep luis here , just make him vice take it from there ?

YNWA

but we did give him the armband for the odd game last year.   didnt seem to make a difference come summer.    kinda related to the other thread in this forum... we need CL footy or luis is gone.  that would then be a huge step backwards for the club.... i hope FSG invests this coming window
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #597: Dec 09, 2013 02:10:20 pm

Winning those 2 games was imperative to keep our hopes alive but it's results in other games that have lifted spirits the most  ;)  Without the defeats for the chavs, scum, spuds and city over the same 3 game period we would have been out of the top 4 by now. 

Quick Reply