Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah - Basle

Read 63744 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Mohamed Salah - Basle
      Reply #23: Dec 15, 2013 09:28:28 am
      I see he's being dubbed the 'Egyptian Messi'. The 'Egyptian Messi' teaming up with the 'Welsh Xavi' is mouthwatering to say the least... throw in the 'Iranian Iniesta' and we're nearly there.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #24: Dec 15, 2013 12:11:26 pm
      Really Dado? Surely the "in all seriousness" comment showed I was joking.

Meh not sure I caught on mate big night last night bit under the weather
      Redpower
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #25: Dec 15, 2013 01:55:42 pm
      I watch every FC Basel game, so I know something about Salah.

When he joined Basel, it was all about his speed.  He's the fastest man I've ever seen in a FCB dress, even with the ball on his feet. However, he wasted too many chances and more played for himself & the gallery than for the team.
      Over the last few months he really improved and now is a team player (maybe also because he learned some English, in the beginning he only spoke Arabic) and works a lot defensively. Furthermore he started to score frequently.
      He certainly is a great player and has a huge potential and I think he would improve our team. Maybe not for the starting XI yet, but he can easily decide a game as a substitution.

About the price tag I'm hot too sure. Some European top clubs were interested in Salah for the last few months & if it's true that Monaco wants to buy him hes more likely to be 20mio than 10mio...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #26: Dec 15, 2013 02:27:25 pm
      I watch every FC Basel game, so I know something about Salah.

When he joined Basel, it was all about his speed.  He's the fastest man I've ever seen in a FCB dress, even with the ball on his feet. However, he wasted too many chances and more played for himself & the gallery than for the team.
      Over the last few months he really improved and now is a team player (maybe also because he learned some English, in the beginning he only spoke Arabic) and works a lot defensively. Furthermore he started to score frequently.
      He certainly is a great player and has a huge potential and I think he would improve our team. Maybe not for the starting XI yet, but he can easily decide a game as a substitution.

About the price tag I'm hot too sure. Some European top clubs were interested in Salah for the last few months & if it's true that Monaco wants to buy him hes more likely to be 20mio than 10mio...

Faster than Phillip Degan ? Hope he's not as injury prone. Degan is the only player I have seen who's bones break when he receives a hard look.

Looks a good player from the youtube clip posted, but not what we NEED most. We already have Sterling and he won't get a game either once Sturridge is fit.
      Redpower
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #27: Dec 15, 2013 03:31:51 pm
      he certainly is faster than Degen & he wasn't injured yet since he joined Basel.

Some Swiss Newspapers are saying Salah's agent was in Liverpool last week & that a 12mio Pound deal is in the pipeline.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #28: Dec 15, 2013 07:12:09 pm
      One of the best Egyptian footballers imo, had a boss game against Chelsea in the CL. I'd have him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Dec 15, 2013 09:02:17 pm
      Meh not sure I caught on mate big night last night bit under the weather

:D get well soon bud.
      Redpower
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 16, 2013 06:21:53 pm
      If Sterling can keep up his game as he did yesterday, we don't need Salah at all...
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 16, 2013 08:33:33 pm
      A left sided winger much more of a priority given sterling's form and sturridge having to slot into a 4231. At the moment coutinho plays there, moses should be sent back and Ibe is a couple of seasons away in all likelihood
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #32: Dec 16, 2013 08:50:44 pm
      Ibe isnt as far away as you think, the assets are already there for him, he needs to become consistant for the u21's and make the step up, probably this season starting with the cup game against mansfield/oldham
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #33: Dec 16, 2013 08:52:04 pm
      If Sterling can keep up his game as he did yesterday, we don't need Salah at all...
      Completely disagree. Sterling is 19 year old kid. It is natural for him to have fluctuations in his form. And we will be in europe next season, we definitely need more depth.   
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #34: Dec 17, 2013 01:37:41 pm
      Completely disagree. Sterling is 19 year old kid. It is natural for him to have fluctuations in his form. And we will be in europe next season, we definitely need more depth.   

Indeed, It's not because Sterling has a few good games that we shouldn't strenghten in that area. I do think central midfield is priority though
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35: Dec 20, 2013 03:45:20 am
      One of his friends claiming he is 99% off to Liverpool, bo***cks surely! Another Willian/Mkhitaryan build up here..

I guess that 1% is Spurs sniffing around
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36: Dec 20, 2013 06:43:14 am
      One of his friends claiming he is 99% off to Liverpool, bo***cks surely!

Report: Mohamed Salah “99% certain to join Liverpool in January”, says former teammate
      Basel winger Mohamed Salah is expected to sign for Liverpool in the January transfer window, according to his former teammate Mohamed Zika.

The Egyptian international was strongly linked with a move to Liverpool last week in the press after Brendan Rodgers was spotted in Germany watching Basel’s 2-0 defeat to Schalke in the Champions League.

The 21-year-old much-hyped midfielder could be set for a £12 million switch to Anfield to bolster Rodgers’ attacking options.

The English-language Egyptian football website King Fut picked up on the television interview with Salah’s former teammate Mohamed Zika telling Kora Kol Yoam that Salah is “99%” certain to join Liverpool.

King Fut translate Zika’s words in response to being asked whether Salah will move to Liverpool as, “Basically, yes. Inshallah (if God wills).

“He makes us and all of Egypt proud. Everyone talks about Mohamed Salah now. And aside from that he’s my friend, so I’m even happier for him.”

Zika and Salah played together between 2010-2012, before Salah’s move to Europe at an Egyptian Premier League club now re-branded as Arab Contractors SC.

Salah has been described as the ‘Egyptian Messi’ and has won lots of praise since moving to Basel in Switzerland last year.

According to Squawka, Salah has scored twice and created seven chances in his six Champions League appearances for the Swiss side this season.

Salah has already won 27 caps for his country, scoring 17 goals in those appearances.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/12/report-mohamed-salah-99-certain-join-liverpool-january-says-former-teammate/

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #37: Dec 20, 2013 12:05:39 pm
      Report: Mohamed Salah “99% certain to join Liverpool in January”, says former teammate
      Basel winger Mohamed Salah is expected to sign for Liverpool in the January transfer window, according to his former teammate Mohamed Zika.

The Egyptian international was strongly linked with a move to Liverpool last week in the press after Brendan Rodgers was spotted in Germany watching Basel’s 2-0 defeat to Schalke in the Champions League.

The 21-year-old much-hyped midfielder could be set for a £12 million switch to Anfield to bolster Rodgers’ attacking options.

The English-language Egyptian football website King Fut picked up on the television interview with Salah’s former teammate Mohamed Zika telling Kora Kol Yoam that Salah is “99%” certain to join Liverpool.

King Fut translate Zika’s words in response to being asked whether Salah will move to Liverpool as, “Basically, yes. Inshallah (if God wills).

“He makes us and all of Egypt proud. Everyone talks about Mohamed Salah now. And aside from that he’s my friend, so I’m even happier for him.”

Zika and Salah played together between 2010-2012, before Salah’s move to Europe at an Egyptian Premier League club now re-branded as Arab Contractors SC.

Salah has been described as the ‘Egyptian Messi’ and has won lots of praise since moving to Basel in Switzerland last year.

According to Squawka, Salah has scored twice and created seven chances in his six Champions League appearances for the Swiss side this season.

Salah has already won 27 caps for his country, scoring 17 goals in those appearances.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/12/report-mohamed-salah-99-certain-join-liverpool-january-says-former-teammate/

This is brilliant if true. We're attracting some of the best young talent in Europe and Salah isn't a fringe player either!
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #38: Dec 20, 2013 01:48:18 pm
      Can't wait, hope that's true! Easily one of the best Egyptian players around atm. Sign him up!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Dec 20, 2013 03:30:21 pm
      Been watching a few video's of this lad, if signed I think he will be equally incredibly exciting as he is incredibly frustrating until he matures more as a footballer, he's fooking lightning quick, but his end product and decision making at times leave a lot to be desired.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #40: Dec 20, 2013 04:06:14 pm
      .... he's fooking lightning quick...

You're not kidding, mate. I won't pretend to know a lot about him so I've been doing the same, watching videos and he is incredibly quick!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Dec 20, 2013 07:10:52 pm
      You're not kidding, mate. I won't pretend to know a lot about him so I've been doing the same, watching videos and he is incredibly quick!

Definitely one who'd be dangerous on the counter Rep mate, seems to lose possession a lot though from the video's I've watched.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Dec 20, 2013 07:14:41 pm
      Everywhere he's gone, Brendan loves pace on the wings. Not surprised by that. Just hope he has a brain too.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #43: Dec 20, 2013 09:05:01 pm
      He is very highly rated in Egypt (well Egyptians have a knack of overrating their own players :D), but I would take his friend's comments with a pinch of salt, I saw the interview (which is in Arabic) and not really convinced
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Dec 21, 2013 12:38:29 am
      Been watching a few video's of this lad, if signed I think he will be equally incredibly exciting as he is incredibly frustrating until he matures more as a footballer, he's fooking lightning quick, but his end product and decision making at times leave a lot to be desired.

This is why I said he strikes me as a similar player to Ryan Babel. Can do something great but at the same time frustrate the hell out of you! All part of developing a player though I guess.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #45: Dec 21, 2013 06:07:32 am
      This is why I said he strikes me as a similar player to Ryan Babel. Can do something great but at the same time frustrate the hell out of you! All part of developing a player though I guess.

I'm hoping if anyone can get the best out of him, it will be Brendan.

Quick Reply