Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah - Basle

Read 63746 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Mohamed Salah - Basle
      Reply #759: Jan 24, 2014 11:07:33 pm
      We are not going to sign the lad why is this thread still open ???lock it please it's depressing .ta
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #760: Jan 24, 2014 11:18:18 pm
      We are not going to sign the lad why is this thread still open ???lock it please it's depressing .ta

What's more depressing is so many people on this forum wetting their knickers over a squad player we didn't sign.

Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #761: Jan 24, 2014 11:19:40 pm
      What's more depressing is so many people on this forum wetting their knickers over a squad player we didn't sign.

You was one of them lad, what you going on about?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #762: Jan 24, 2014 11:24:08 pm
      You was one of them lad, what you going on about?

Ummh not over Salah buddy, maybe sarcasm is not your forte

Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #763: Jan 24, 2014 11:28:37 pm
      Ummh not over Salah buddy, maybe sarcasm is not your forte

You obviously don't know how good Salah is, he is a decent player who would of improved us attacking wise and he was one of Brendan's targets that's why we are raging.

Bet if we had signed him though you would of been buzzing don't deny it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #764: Jan 24, 2014 11:39:54 pm
      You obviously don't know how good Salah is, he is a decent player who would of improved us attacking wise and he was one of Brendan's targets that's why we are raging.

Bet if we had signed him though you would of been buzzing don't deny it.

I'm sure he is a decent player and he would have added to squad depth but who would he have replaced.......Raheem... ....maybe Coutinho........in reality he would have been ready to challenge for a position sometime in March.
      Our needs in challenging for Top 4 are not in bringing in competition for Raheem and Coutinho.
      That's why I am not overly bothered we have not signed him.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #765: Jan 25, 2014 12:10:42 am
      Our needs in challenging for Top 4 are not in bringing in competition for Raheem and Coutinho.
      Although I think he would have improved our squad a lot more than some of our recent signing, I have to agree, a defensive mid must be our priority now.
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #766: Jan 25, 2014 11:00:06 am
      How come.Chelsea still havent finalise this deal yet?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #767: Jan 25, 2014 11:19:51 am
      How come.Chelsea still havent finalise this deal yet?

Work permit apparently
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #768: Jan 25, 2014 11:39:02 am

Squad player????you having a laugh???
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #769: Jan 25, 2014 12:04:38 pm
      I'm sure he is a decent player and he would have added to squad depth but who would he have replaced.......Raheem... ....maybe Coutinho........in reality he would have been ready to challenge for a position sometime in March.

It doesn't matter whether the player was the right player for our needs or not and who knows whether we would have signed him and then gone on to sign a defensive midfielder as well, the entire point of this sorry episode is FSG's penny pinching in the transfer market has cost us another of BR's key targets which is seriously harming our club's chances of a Top 4 finish and it's that which has people upset, not the loss of the player himself.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #770: Jan 25, 2014 01:08:27 pm
      And now he was just supposed to be a squad player ?

I suggest we officially change his nickname and call him the Egyptian missed.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #771: Jan 25, 2014 06:43:19 pm
      Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers still holds Mohamed Salah hope
      25 January 2014
      Last updated at 17:56

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he has not given up on signing Mohamed Salah from Swiss champions Basel despite his imminent move to Chelsea.

Salah, 21, is yet to undergo a medical or agree personal terms, but is expected to move to Chelsea having held talks with the Reds earlier this month.
      However, Rodgers says they will not give up on the Egypt midfielder.

"The window is not closed yet so we haven't given up on him, no," Rodgers told BBC Sport.

Rodgers's side advanced into the fifth round of the FA Cup on Saturday with a 2-0 victory over Bournemouth and Liverpool's manager says he is still hopeful of adding to his squad before the end of the January transfer window.

"Salah was a player we're interested in and we hoped we could do a deal but as of yet there is nothing done on it," he added.
      "The club is still looking for players we can bring in to strengthen the squad.

"It is a difficult market in January so we'll see what happens. If nothing comes in then the players I have have been outstanding for me this season and we'll enter into the final part of it with confidence if we have the same group of players."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25898102
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #772: Jan 25, 2014 06:58:16 pm
      Don't think Abramovich is dancing around in circles having just found out about his anti Israel stance. Second thoughts?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #773: Jan 25, 2014 07:18:05 pm
      I just feel, in a couple of days, its going to be very embarrassing for the club and BR on this transfer. While Jose repeatedly confirming that the player hasnt arrived cos of non-EU and that he is expected to sign by Tuesday, its very confusing and kinda shameful that BR keeps mentioning that we are still after him. It was confirmed by the player himself in Twitter

Its like a kid complaining his big neighbour took the toy he wanted for a long time from Toys r us!!  >:(

We were poor in our homework and it has left us in no man's land with no contingencies in place
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2014 07:30:10 pm by Vicks86 »
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #774: Jan 25, 2014 08:03:21 pm
       I know that BR has 'previous' in talking poo to the press but............... when Martyn Skrytle was getting his head stapled,  did anyone else notice a certain Dr Zaf Iqbal was absent ???.... Hmmm  :-\
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #775: Jan 25, 2014 08:15:41 pm
      Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers still holds Mohamed Salah hope
      25 January 2014
      Last updated at 17:56

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he has not given up on signing Mohamed Salah from Swiss champions Basel despite his imminent move to Chelsea.

Salah, 21, is yet to undergo a medical or agree personal terms, but is expected to move to Chelsea having held talks with the Reds earlier this month.
      However, Rodgers says they will not give up on the Egypt midfielder.

"The window is not closed yet so we haven't given up on him, no," Rodgers told BBC Sport.

Rodgers's side advanced into the fifth round of the FA Cup on Saturday with a 2-0 victory over Bournemouth and Liverpool's manager says he is still hopeful of adding to his squad before the end of the January transfer window.

"Salah was a player we're interested in and we hoped we could do a deal but as of yet there is nothing done on it," he added.
      "The club is still looking for players we can bring in to strengthen the squad.

"It is a difficult market in January so we'll see what happens. If nothing comes in then the players I have have been outstanding for me this season and we'll enter into the final part of it with confidence if we have the same group of players."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25898102

Well it's not rocket science. FSG need to pull their finger out and match Chelsea's offer and I'm certain Salah would be a Liverpool player.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #776: Jan 25, 2014 08:55:27 pm
      I know that BR has 'previous' in talking poo to the press but............... when Martyn Skrytle was getting his head stapled,  did anyone else notice a certain Dr Zaf Iqbal was absent ???.... Hmmm  :-\
      He was abducted by Aliens    :)

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #777: Jan 25, 2014 09:11:46 pm
      He was abducted by Aliens    :)

Well he's got a sort of klingon name (if you say it quickly), so I suppose thats possible. ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #778: Jan 25, 2014 09:15:23 pm
      Well he's got a sort of klingon name (if you say it quickly), so I suppose thats possible. ;D

More Romulan than Klingon.  ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #779: Jan 25, 2014 09:16:48 pm

how did I know you would come back on that one. ;D
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #780: Jan 25, 2014 09:27:04 pm

Youre not actually 'Gene' are you?   :o
      redsordie27
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts |
      Reply #781: Jan 25, 2014 10:05:25 pm
      Salah wants us Salah wants us Salah wants us!

Quick Reply