Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Spuds?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      2 (1%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.5%)
      Jon Flanagan
      10 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      122 (61.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (1%)
      Luis Suarez
      47 (23.7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      10 (5.1%)
      Luis Alberto
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Voting closed: Dec 18, 2013 06:04:29 pm

Spurs 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 41347 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Re: Spurs 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #713: Dec 16, 2013 10:05:17 pm
      Just Silva, Yaya, Nasri, Navas, and Negredo to worry about now huh? ;)

Looking forward to what plan BR has up his sleeve to play these lot, I doubt it will be the same tactics as against Spurs, there again why not let's have 6-5 win.............
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #714: Dec 16, 2013 10:12:01 pm
      There was an unsung hero on the pitch yesterday doing a monster job .

That was Lucas.

Well according to that iconic fountain of knowledge federer (how could such a great sportsman's name now have connotations along the lines of 'ignorant fruitcake'?) he was given the run around by Dembele.

Seriously.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #715: Dec 16, 2013 10:28:07 pm
      Yea.. It's hard to believe that both Lucas and Coutinho aren't in the Brazilian squad for next summer and yet that Knob Paulinhio is..

When Paulinho features for Brazil, he is employed in a position that gets the best out of him. I still think it's a crime that Coutinho has yet to feature for Scolari's team since his move to us. Has he something against the lad? What I find even more bizarre is that Willian was selected for Scolari's team only recently despite warming the bench at Chelsea. What doesn't make sense is that at Shakhtar, he was their star player along with Mkh and Fernandinho. Then he comes to Chelsea, sits on the bench, and gets selected to play for Brazil.

Then you look at the talent Shakhtar had on display against Manchester United. You had Teixeria, Douglas Costa and Taison. Three excellent talents who at times were a joy to watch, yet Bernard who doesn't even start for Shakhtar, gets into the national team every single time.

If Coutinho doesn't get selected for this Brazil squad (which is just absurd), then that doesn't say anything about him or those getting in the squad before him. It's more to do with that tw*t in charge.

Oh, why did Kaka feature for them last spring? He spent his entire Real Madrid career sitting on the bench. I hate Scolari
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #716: Dec 16, 2013 10:42:32 pm
      he was given the run around by Dembele.

Dembele was on the pitch? I thought he got lost in multiple pockets at the handshake just before kick off. Still a search on now to try and find out if he has gotten out of a pocket.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #717: Dec 17, 2013 03:58:37 am
      There was an unsung hero on the pitch yesterday doing a monster job .

That was Lucas.

As soon as you mention an unsung hero, they aren't.

-George Carlin

:bert: :ernie:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #718: Dec 17, 2013 05:38:04 am
      Watched it again today and Sterling, Flanno, Suarez, Lucas and Hendo stood out clearly for me.

Allen, Coutinho, the back two all good performances.

Just amazing Spurs refused to attack Flanno and targeted Johnson every time. Shows he pathetic he has become. Countless times lost the ball, always out of position and Lucas covered him every time. Can't wait for Kelly to come back.

We absolutely crushed them. Nt only on the scoreboard but they didn't have a chance verse that performance.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #719: Dec 17, 2013 06:17:24 am
      Watched it again today and Sterling, Flanno, Suarez, Lucas and Hendo stood out clearly for me. Allen, Coutinho, the back two all good performances.

Swap Coutinho for Lucas or maybe just add Coutinho to your standouts and you have nailed it mate.

I thought Coutinho was only behind Henderson and Suarez for our best player. Every time I watch him he seems on a higher level to most of our players. Certainly if Sterling had read a couple of his passes we would have had another couple of goals.

CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #720: Dec 17, 2013 06:34:22 am
      Havent  posted for ages, but i just  want  to  say that  not everything was rosy on sunday  and i need to  get this off my  chest..............
      SIMON MIGNOLET
      What the hell  did he do on sunday? Sweet FA thats what. the rest of the team ran and ran and all probably covered every blade of grass but not him. He earns a fortune every week and this week he will pick up his pay packet for doing absolutely ZERO.
      At one stage the camera panned to  him and while the others are running their socks off he was sat on  a comfy chair in his goal area reading the sunday  papers.NOT ON.
      The worst thing about this was he walked off the pitch all happy with no sense of guilt or embarrassment.Rodgers needs to  have a word with the lazy get!!! It was a waste him being  on the pitch, BR should have subbed him for another outfield player!!!!!
      If he gets picked against  Cardiff i hope he gets his finger out and does a stint like the rest  of the team.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #721: Dec 17, 2013 09:15:10 am
      Some of our first touch passing in this game was a joy to behold. We moved the ball with such conviction and crispness -Coutinho, Henderson, Sterling, Allen all contributing to this regularly.

One that sticks to mind is Henderson's (almost no-look) cross field ball about 40 yards into space that he had no right to hit, but it was right into the path of Coutinho and how he knew he was there I still don't know as Coutinho was nowhere in sight at the time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #722: Dec 17, 2013 09:18:20 am
      One that sticks to mind is Henderson's (almost no-look) cross field ball about 40 yards into space that he had no right to hit, but it was right into the path of Coutinho and how he knew he was there I still don't know as Coutinho was nowhere in sight at the time.

It was fantastic.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #723: Dec 17, 2013 09:27:05 am

I really like Hendo so for some reason seem to watch his individual performances more (just like a few years ago) but another favourite of mine was when he 1-1'd it across the whole midfield from left to right just casual as you like! Taking the piss outta Spurs :D
      Gen.aka.Ian
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #724: Dec 17, 2013 10:35:33 am
      SIMON MIGNOLET
      What the hell  did he do on sunday? Sweet FA thats what.
      Mate, if you look at the stats for the game you will see that Spurs did NOT have a shot on target so he wouldn't have anything to do.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #725: Dec 17, 2013 11:10:51 am
      I really like Hendo so for some reason seem to watch his individual performances more (just like a few years ago) but another favourite of mine was when he 1-1'd it across the whole midfield from left to right just casual as you like! Taking the piss outta Spurs :D

Watched the game live and made a mental note that the first replay was going to be that pass which I'll swear disappeared in the lower stratosphere before dropping millimetre perfect, under the foot of Johnson I think it was [could be wrong].
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #726: Dec 17, 2013 11:35:08 am
      Remember the first minute of the game it had all the indications of being a disaster . Still smiling at how good the lads where and even if we only beat Cardiff 1-0 I will be more than happy as long as the performance is there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #727: Dec 17, 2013 11:40:10 am
      Remember the first minute of the game it had all the indications of being a disaster . Still smiling at how good the lads where and even if we only beat Cardiff 1-0 I will be more than happy as long as the performance is there.

We must all be aware of the challenges Cardiff pose on Saturday. You've got a plucky side there who are going to be fighting for their manager big style after his disgraceful treatment by that truly insane owner of theirs. Not a foregone conclusion by any means.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #728: Dec 17, 2013 11:46:28 am
      We must all be aware of the challenges Cardiff pose on Saturday. You've got a plucky side there who are going to be fighting for their manager big style after his disgraceful treatment by that truly insane owner of theirs. Not a foregone conclusion by any means.
      That's why I think the performance is so important and not thinking we can turn up ant tonk them 5-0.1-0 sitting top of the league will be a sight to behold.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #729: Dec 17, 2013 12:01:43 pm
      I hope this embeds now, but this is a video of our general defensive game on Sunday. Something which was very impressive. Pressing, high up the pitch too I may add and general hunting the ball in packs.

Defending
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #730: Dec 17, 2013 12:36:55 pm
      Mignolet is F***ing sh*te! I mean, he never made a single save all game. #BringBackReinaInJan  ;)
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #731: Dec 17, 2013 12:45:39 pm
      Delight&despair on Sunday. 1,2&3 nil i lifted my 2 year old happy boy & we where both as happy as 2 pig's in sh*te,lifting him up over my head,cheering etc etc you know the drill. Come 4&5 nil poor fecker was hiding was hiding behind the curtain's leaving me to do it alone. Final whistle went he came out from behind the curtains with a big hug for me and just said''dada over''with a big smile.  :)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #732: Dec 17, 2013 01:19:45 pm
      Mignolet is f**king sh*te! I mean, he never made a single save all game. #BringBackReinaInJan
      completely agree...did you see the way he watched all those balls bounce out out for goal kick? the least he could have done was pretend to save them...what a lard arsed lazy piece of monkey juice. OFF OFF OFF!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #733: Dec 17, 2013 01:56:05 pm

Best bit for me was the build up for Hendersons goal.
      Long pass to Coutinho and the first time cushioned touch inside the CB was a thing of beauty.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #734: Dec 17, 2013 02:09:08 pm
      Best bit for me was the build up for Hendersons goal.
      Long pass to Coutinho and the first time cushioned touch inside the CB was a thing of beauty.
      That pass by Coutinho can only be described as a cushioned first-touch through ball... genius!!!!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #735: Dec 17, 2013 03:03:52 pm
      Mate, if you look at the stats for the game you will see that Spurs did NOT have a shot on target so he wouldn't have anything to do.
      Cue in definition of Irony...

Still buzzing.

Quick Reply