Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre Inquest Hearing Updates

Read 15069 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Pre Inquest Hearing Updates
      Dec 16, 2013 09:46:17 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre Inquest Hearing Updates
      Reply #1: Dec 16, 2013 03:12:24 pm
      Interesting stuff but the Police FEd etc still seem to think its ok to stall delay and mislead.No change there then
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2: Dec 16, 2013 05:30:06 pm
      Hillsborough video's '10 minute' gap
      A Hillsborough pre-inquest hearing has been told a police video of the tragedy has 10 minutes of footage missing.
      Pete Weatherby barrister for some of the families said one of the police tapes had an ''unexplained 10 minutes of footage missing''.
      New inquests into 96 fan's deaths to take place in March will consider the emergency services response for the first time.
      Thirteen former or serving police officers have declined to speak to the police watchdog's Hillsborough inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25399435

The silence is deafening.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: Dec 16, 2013 08:25:06 pm
      Very much so Stu.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4: Dec 16, 2013 10:14:32 pm
      You could not make this up.

Tampering with evidence, but the guilty will go unpunished.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Dec 16, 2013 10:16:53 pm
      Hillsborough video's '10 minute' gap
      A Hillsborough pre-inquest hearing has been told a police video of the tragedy has 10 minutes of footage missing.
      Pete Weatherby barrister for some of the families said one of the police tapes had an ''unexplained 10 minutes of footage missing''.
      New inquests into 96 fan's deaths to take place in March will consider the emergency services response for the first time.
      Thirteen former or serving police officers have declined to speak to the police watchdog's Hillsborough inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25399435

The silence is deafening.

Hopefully they're given powers to force these people to give evidence. Their jobs are to uphold the law, refusing to speak to the court is tantamount to contradicting that oath they took on entering service with 'the force'. It absolutely stinks of guilt and they should not be allowed to simply decline.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6: Dec 16, 2013 10:58:43 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Dec 17, 2013 12:17:58 am
      An exerpt from the above Stuey:

Pete Weatherby QC, who is representing 22 families from the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said there was an β€œan unexplained 10-minute gap" in one of the 20-minute tapes.

A second tape, which was expected to contain continuous footage, was found to be adulterated with film from the first tape.

How the punishment can ever fit this crime I don't know and at this stage I've stopped being shocked by the level of corruption.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #8: Dec 17, 2013 10:40:29 am
      An exerpt from the above Stuey:

Pete Weatherby QC, who is representing 22 families from the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said there was an β€œan unexplained 10-minute gap" in one of the 20-minute tapes.

A second tape, which was expected to contain continuous footage, was found to be adulterated with film from the first tape.

How the punishment can ever fit this crime I don't know and at this stage I've stopped being shocked by the level of corruption.

You're right mate it is totally unbelievable that the whole inquiry has been rigged from day 1 by the establishment, what defies credibility is the fact there are still obstacles being erected by the same culprits who think they are untouchable.
      Their days are numbered, platitudes and plaudits are observed and acknowledged but the 96 will see justice and rest deservedly.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9: Dec 17, 2013 08:44:24 pm
      Their days are numbered, platitudes and plaudits are observed and acknowledged but the 96 will see justice and rest deservedly.

We live in hope mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10: Dec 18, 2013 08:48:00 am

That hope snowball is rolling and getting bigger Luke:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-families-call-police-officers-6409812

Lord Justice Goldberg ruled that the names of the officers refusing to cooperate must be disclosed.
      Andrew O' Connor counsel for the IPPC had told the hearing that the names could not be released for 'operational' reasons.

Lord Justice Goldberg however said ''it is perfectly straightforward, the information will be disclosed to me and if relevant will be passed on to interested parties''.

Right there is an example of how the establishment web of falsehood is to be dismantled, the process will be arduous but the liars at the heart of the conspiracy are fully aware of how close justice is looming. 
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2013 09:20:04 am by stuey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: Dec 18, 2013 11:02:32 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-families-call-police-officers-6409812

Lord Justice Goldberg ruled that the names of the officers refusing to cooperate must be disclosed.
      Andrew O' Connor counsel for the IPPC had told the hearing that the names could not be released for 'operational' reasons.

Lord Justice Goldberg however said ''it is perfectly straightforward, the information will be disclosed to me and if relevant will be passed on to interested parties''.

Right there is an example of how the establishment web of falsehood is to be dismantled, the process will be arduous but the liars at the heart of the conspiracy are fully aware of how close justice is looming. 

Stuey I do believe that the Inquests will leave no stone unturned this time and will follow the wishes of the families regardless of what the establishment want.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #12: Dec 18, 2013 11:07:54 am
      I do believe that the Inquests will leave no stone unturned this time and will follow the wishes of the families regardless of what the establishment want.
      They've no-where left to hide 'debs and no f**ker wants to be seen giving them any succour. Their time, no matter how late, has come. I hope they suffer.  >:D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Dec 18, 2013 11:19:09 am
      They've no-where left to hide 'debs and no f**ker wants to be seen giving them any succour. Their time, no matter how late, has come. I hope they suffer.  >:D

Exactly mate.  They'll get their comeuppance once and for all and although it's taken far, far too long to get there it'll be all the sweeter when we do   >:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14: Dec 18, 2013 02:36:52 pm
      Stuey I do believe that the Inquests will leave no stone unturned this time and will follow the wishes of the families regardless of what the establishment want.

We couldn't have wished for a better start Debs, Lord Justice Goldberg is demonstrating where the power lies and the police puppet in the form of the IPPC have to play it by the book. The F***ing nonsense of the past 23 years is not admissible, in spite of the gallant words and ''condemnation'' of some sacrificial officials the IPPC is the same tool of the establishment that sought to dishonour the victims.
      We are confronted by the same monster it appears. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Dec 18, 2013 03:42:17 pm
      We couldn't have wished for a better start Debs, Lord Justice Goldberg is demonstrating where the power lies and the police puppet in the form of the IPPC have to play it by the book. The f**king nonsense of the past 23 years is not admissible, in spite of the gallant words and ''condemnation'' of some sacrificial officials the IPPC is the same tool of the establishment that sought to dishonour the victims.
      We are confronted by the same monster it appears. 

But this time the monster has lost it's weapon mate.  It can no longer hide behind its web of lies, because those lies have been found out.

Unlike the establishment that hid all the evidence away never to be viewed again (they hoped), the families and survivors worked together collating information, building their own portfolio of the bigger picture.  The jigsaw was finally revealed on 12th September 2012, still missing plenty of pieces but we had enough that the world could no longer deny what we'd been fighting for for so long.

Those families know more about the events of Hillsborough than anyone involved in the cover up or the ongoing inquiries.  It's no surprise that each time an inappropriate person has been put forward as part of the inquiries, the families have responded to have them removed, with good reason.  They know they can't put a foot wrong this time, we're one step ahead of them and have evidence to back it up.

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #16: Dec 18, 2013 09:43:15 pm

That's promising news stuey, hopefully it won't be brushed under the carpet again.  I've not been around much lately or been able to follow updates but it is astonishing how SYP, et al have lied and got away with it*, my god, along with all the other disgusting wrong-doings by "our nations" POLICE force, now video evidence appears to have been tampered with by them.  Total and utter scum.

Well in Lord Justice Goldberg for those words, I hope they mean something.

*SO FAR - People like LJG might make sure these scum don't.

JFT 96
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17: Dec 19, 2013 05:43:01 pm
      I just want to say thanks to everyone posting updates.
      This is my "go to" place for any news on this now.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #18: Dec 19, 2013 11:45:14 pm
      How they can sleep at night I'll never know, only a matter of time before they get a knock on the door.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: cu*ts.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #19: Dec 20, 2013 10:12:08 am

I was reading a piece in Wednesday's Echo again last night about the officers refusing to give evidence at the inquest, I stopped and wondered why I was actually re-examining a story that was perfectly familiar to me, then thought process took over and the proposition applied to the inquest where the same  rule applied - why are the same facts being regurgitated for re-examination when it is established their foundation is corrupt.
      Lord Justice Goldberg appears to take the same view and has dismissed a police request to retain the obscurity that hid the truth for 24 years.
      This in itself is major progress, if the ruling about concealing the officer's ID had been allowed to stand we would be treading the same path that stretched on for all those years, Lord Justice Goldberg has shown his hand - he is not in the pocket of the liars and the establishment.   
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #20: Dec 21, 2013 01:28:01 am
      David Duckenfield and other significant Hillsborough police 'decision makers' to be quizzed in new year
      18 Dec 2013 17:51
      Jon Stoddart expects criminal investigations to be concluded within months of the conclusion of new inquests ending

Share on print Share on email
      David Duckenfield, who was South Yorkshire Police match commander on the day of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989David Duckenfield, who was South Yorkshire Police match commander on the day of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989
      Hillsborough match commander David Duckenfield and other "significant decision makers" from the day of the disaster will be quizzed by investigators in the new year.

Assistant Commissioner Jon Stoddart, officer in command of criminal investigation into the 1989 tragedy - Operation Resolve, confirmed today that Duckenfield, who made the decision to open the exit gates, would be questioned as part of inquiries.

Deputy officer in command Assistant Chief Constable Terry Sweeney said investigators would speak to all those who had been involved in decision making on the day or were within close proximity when "key decisions" were being made.

It was also revealed that thirty-five police officers interviewed by Operation Resolve who were on duty or responded on the day had never been spoken to before.

The Hillsborough vigil at St George's HallThe Hillsborough vigil at St George's Hall 
      Mr Stoddart said eight police officers had refused to be interviewed, but some of those were because of ill health.

He said the investigation was expected to be completed within a "matter of months" of the conclusion of inquests into the 96 deaths - which are due to start on March 31 and scheduled to last for six months.

It will then make recommendations to the Crown Prosecution Service on whether manslaughter charges should be brought.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/david-duckenfield-significant-hillsborough-police-6428738
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #21: Dec 21, 2013 01:34:04 am
      David Conn ‏@david_conn 4m

Police investigating potential manslaughter for Hillsborough deaths say they're going back to 1975, when official safety guide was published

Rob ‏@JFT96Rob 29m

#Hillsborough criminal investigation, Operation Resolve, has website http://operationresolve.co.uk  & now also setting up twitter @oresolve
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,932 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Feb 05, 2014 03:49:23 pm
      Did anyone see the Newsnight programme from Monday night, I caught the tail end of the report and want to watch all of it, ?

Or if anyone has the latest from the new enquiry  ?

YNWA

Quick Reply