Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Inquest Hearing Updates

Read 14913 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre Inquest Hearing Updates
      Reply #46: Feb 16, 2014 07:19:16 pm
      The good thing is that this is now so high profile that the IPCC will have to actually do their jobs for once instead of brushing things under the carpet.

don't underestimate their  policy of "sticking together and saying fuckall" its how they and all powerful bodies work.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #47: Feb 16, 2014 08:34:32 pm
      don't underestimate their  policy of "sticking together and saying fuckall" its how they and all powerful bodies work.

From the way it has been laid out the investigating bodies seem to be conducting their inquiries independently and coming to unaffected conclusions - hopefully.
      Unlike the original enquiry when the S. Yorkshire Police Authority had complete control over every aspect of evidence, and we know what happened there.
      No doubt the guilty parties would prefer the closed shop variety of concealment, that preference however does inevitably imply guilt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #48: Feb 16, 2014 09:30:26 pm

From the way it has been laid out the investigating bodies seem to be conducting their inquiries independently and coming to unaffected conclusions - hopefully.
      Unlike the original enquiry when the S. Yorkshire Police Authority had complete control over every aspect of evidence, and we know what happened there.
      No doubt the guilty parties would prefer the closed shop variety of concealment, that preference however does inevitably imply guilt.

there is no implication of guilt there is only guilt as far as I am concerned but I just feel that when push comes to shove other than the odd sacrificial lamb they will in the end close ranks.I know it seems an odd thing to say now but had we had the revolution we needed in 1919 then these people would probably not have the power they have now the power they have had for centuries.I am terribly sceptical of these people and until I see the likes of Dukinfield behind bars then I will await the outcome with some reservation.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #49: Feb 16, 2014 10:13:45 pm
      there is no implication of guilt there is only guilt as far as I am concerned but I just feel that when push comes to shove other than the odd sacrificial lamb they will in the end close ranks.I know it seems an odd thing to say now but had we had the revolution we needed in 1919 then these people would probably not have the power they have now the power they have had for centuries.I am terribly sceptical of these people and until I see the likes of Dukinfield behind bars then I will await the outcome with some reservation.

The ''implied guilt'' reference was in so far as if the bodies being investigated attempt the same questionable conduct ie closing ranks and manufacturing evidence their case would be absolutely untenable - as good as an admission of guilt.
      That course of action is not available - there is nowhere to hide.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Feb 18, 2014 12:20:18 pm
      I don't know who these fuckers think they are, but this has me fuming all over again.

South Yorkshire Police refused to reveal if families of Hillsborough victims were spied on.

A Freedom of Information (FOI) request asked the force, who policed the disaster, whether officers carried out surveillance on Hillsborough victims in the wake of the 1989 tragedy.

It also asked if it had information on any other force or service carrying out surveillance.

Last month the Met Police refused to confirm or deny whether undercover officers were used to spy on families and campaigners.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said it would be adopting the same stance as the Met.

In a response to the FOI request, submitted on website whatdotheyknow.com , the force said: “We would classify ‘victims’ of Hillsborough as being those who died, anyone injured, people who were present suffering trauma and stress and the family members of those involved.

“The law of statistics for such a large group means that it is possible that some of them may, at some time, or even currently, be linked to some sort of surveillance, but not because of their links to Hillsborough.

“The police’s use of surveillance is strictly monitored and regulated and is not an activity taken lightly.

“The reasons for doing so are always linked to an investigation and the type of crimes involved can range from theft to more serious matters such as organised crime or even terrorism.”

It said there were public interest factors in favour of confirming or denying the information but revealing it could “impair the prevention or detection of crime and harm national security by rendering security measures less effective”.

The force said it agreed with a statement released by the Met on the matter.

The Met Police statement said: “We have been asked in recent days whether undercover officers were deployed into the Hillsborough campaign.

“We replied that we will neither confirm nor deny details of the deployment of undercover officers.

“This is a long-established practice to avoid criminals targeted for undercover operations drawing conclusions if we were to give negative answers in some cases but not comment in others.

“Once we start denying false or incorrect allegations, our silence in other cases could be taken as a confirmation, and that could be very damaging and dangerous for those who risk their lives to combat organised and serious criminality.”

Similar FOI requests have been submitted to Merseyside Police , West Midlands Police and West Yorkshire Police but responses have not yet been received.
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/south-yorkshire-police-refuse-reveal-6721355
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2014 12:50:12 pm by RedPuppy »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #51: Feb 18, 2014 12:55:11 pm
      I don't know who these fuckers think they are, but this has me fuming all over again.

South Yorkshire Police refused to reveal if families of Hillsborough victims were spied on.

A Freedom of Information (FOI) request asked the force, who policed the disaster, whether officers carried out surveillance on Hillsborough victims in the wake of the 1989 tragedy.

It also asked if it had information on any other force or service carrying out surveillance.

Last month the Met Police refused to confirm or deny whether undercover officers were used to spy on families and campaigners.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said it would be adopting the same stance as the Met.

In a response to the FOI request, submitted on website whatdotheyknow.com , the force said: “We would classify ‘victims’ of Hillsborough as being those who died, anyone injured, people who were present suffering trauma and stress and the family members of those involved.

“The law of statistics for such a large group means that it is possible that some of them may, at some time, or even currently, be linked to some sort of surveillance, but not because of their links to Hillsborough.

“The police’s use of surveillance is strictly monitored and regulated and is not an activity taken lightly.

“The reasons for doing so are always linked to an investigation and the type of crimes involved can range from theft to more serious matters such as organised crime or even terrorism.”

It said there were public interest factors in favour of confirming or denying the information but revealing it could “impair the prevention or detection of crime and harm national security by rendering security measures less effective”.

The Met Police statement said: “We have been asked in recent days whether undercover officers were deployed into the Hillsborough campaign.

“We replied that we will neither confirm nor deny details of the deployment of undercover officers.

“This is a long-established practice to avoid criminals targeted for undercover operations drawing conclusions if we were to give negative answers in some cases but not comment in others.

“Once we start denying false or incorrect allegations, our silence in other cases could be taken as a confirmation, and that could be very damaging and dangerous for those who risk their lives to combat organised and serious criminality.”

Similar FOI requests have been submitted to Merseyside Police , West Midlands Police and West Yorkshire Police but responses have not yet been received.
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/south-yorkshire-police-refuse-reveal-6721355

LMFAO.(sic)

Guilty as F**k.

These were innocent, grieving families and victims here, not drug barons, or miners (sic again).

If the SYP were innocent, then they would produce the evidence to prove that they were innocent. Thick bas**rds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #52: Feb 18, 2014 01:02:14 pm

As inferred earlier mate they are doing what they do best, closing ranks and arrogantly displaying no sign whatever of contrition despite the fact that particular police authority has been found guilty of corruption consistently for a 25 year period.
      No coincidence that F***ing witch instigated the evil and the establishment still permit the corrupt bas**rds to cling to power.
      Of course the S. Yorkshire police are the first head on the block when the truth prevails followed in order of rank by civil servants and a gaggle of MP's to the dizzy heights of ministerial office and beyond.
      Time has been the ally of the conspirators indeed the F***ing witch has popped off before the truth emerged fully and her evil unmasked, there are still plenty of her accomplices to pursue and they will fall.   
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #53: Feb 18, 2014 01:45:13 pm
      I know mate.

This is one of the few subjects which has the capacity to raise my temper to boiling point.
      I mean red in the face, vein popping out in the forehead, proper anger.

I find myself wanting to keep up with what'[s happening, but at the same time holding back because those cu*ts F***ing sicken me.
      They still, to this day, have no regard, empathy or sympathy for what they put those poor people through.
      It's all about protecting their own arses, the sociopathic F***ing wankstains.

Sorry, but I'm going to leave it there for now before I break something.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Mar 11, 2014 12:13:33 pm
      VERY, VERY IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING THE NEW INQUESTS FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. THEY ARE READING LIVERPOOL FC RELATED FORUMS AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES TO ENSURE THESE RULES ARE ADHERED TO.

PLEASE PEOPLE MAKE SURE YOU ABIDE BY THESE RULES, THE LAST THING WE (THE FAMILIES/SURVIVORS) NEED IS FOR THE INQUESTS TO BE PREJUDICED IN ANY WAY.

10 March 2014

HILLSBOROUGH INQUESTS

The inquests into the deaths of the 96 people who died as a result of the events at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989 are due to begin on 31 March 2014.

The inquests will be heard by a Coroner (Lord Justice Goldring) together with a jury.

Editors, publishers and social media users should note that the inquest proceedings are currently active for the purpose of the Contempt of Court Act 1981.

The Attorney General wishes to draw attention to the risk of publishing material, including online, which could create a substantial risk that the course of justice in the inquests may be seriously impeded or prejudiced, particularly as this inquest involves a jury.

This risk could arise by commentary which may prejudge issues that witnesses may give evidence about, or matters that the jury will need to consider in reaching their verdict.  The inquests could also be prejudiced by publishing details of material (whatever its source) which may not form part of the evidence at the inquest.

The Attorney General’s Office will be monitoring the coverage of these proceedings.

Editors, publishers and social media users should take legal advice to ensure they are in a position to fully comply with the obligations they are subject to under the Contempt of Court Act.  They are also reminded of the advisory note issued by Lord Justice Goldring on 11 February 2014.

For media enquiries please contact: The Attorney General’s Press Office on 020 7271 2448 or

pressoffice@attorneygeneral.gsi.gov.uk

Bernadette Caffarey

Attorney General's Office| Treasury Solicitor’s Department |

E: bernie.caffarey@attorneygeneral.gsi.gov.uk  T: 020 7271 2440 M: 07867 520 314

20 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0NF Out of hours pager: 07623 946316  Twitter: @ago_uk

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #55: Mar 11, 2014 05:39:33 pm
      VERY, VERY IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING THE NEW INQUESTS FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. THEY ARE READING LIVERPOOL FC RELATED FORUMS AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES TO ENSURE THESE RULES ARE ADHERED TO.

PLEASE PEOPLE MAKE SURE YOU ABIDE BY THESE RULES, THE LAST THING WE (THE FAMILIES/SURVIVORS) NEED IS FOR THE INQUESTS TO BE PREJUDICED IN ANY WAY.

10 March 2014

HILLSBOROUGH INQUESTS

The inquests into the deaths of the 96 people who died as a result of the events at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989 are due to begin on 31 March 2014.

The inquests will be heard by a Coroner (Lord Justice Goldring) together with a jury.

Editors, publishers and social media users should note that the inquest proceedings are currently active for the purpose of the Contempt of Court Act 1981.

The Attorney General wishes to draw attention to the risk of publishing material, including online, which could create a substantial risk that the course of justice in the inquests may be seriously impeded or prejudiced, particularly as this inquest involves a jury.

This risk could arise by commentary which may prejudge issues that witnesses may give evidence about, or matters that the jury will need to consider in reaching their verdict.  The inquests could also be prejudiced by publishing details of material (whatever its source) which may not form part of the evidence at the inquest.

The Attorney General’s Office will be monitoring the coverage of these proceedings.

Editors, publishers and social media users should take legal advice to ensure they are in a position to fully comply with the obligations they are subject to under the Contempt of Court Act.  They are also reminded of the advisory note issued by Lord Justice Goldring on 11 February 2014.

For media enquiries please contact: The Attorney General’s Press Office on 020 7271 2448 or

pressoffice@attorneygeneral.gsi.gov.uk

Bernadette Caffarey

Attorney General's Office| Treasury Solicitor’s Department |

E: bernie.caffarey@attorneygeneral.gsi.gov.uk  T: 020 7271 2440 M: 07867 520 314

20 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0NF Out of hours pager: 07623 946316  Twitter: @ago_uk

Thanks for posting this Deb.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #56: Mar 11, 2014 09:46:23 pm
      Good one Debs +.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #57: Mar 12, 2014 09:50:36 am