Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Champions League Draw manipulated?

Read 3114 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Champions League Draw manipulated?
      Dec 16, 2013 01:20:05 pm
      A twitter account yesterday appeared to correctly predict result of this mornings Champions League draw. It would seem that all the predictions were correct, as you can see here, on a twitter account named "uefacorruption".

It's possible that the people behind these tweets posted all the possible results on their account and then deleted the incorrect tweets, or even set up multiple accounts with all the possible draws covered and then deleted all but the one with the correct predictions.

I haven't been able to find any evidence to suggest the "uefacorruption" twitter feed has had any other predictions posted at the same time as the correct ones made almost a day ago now. Any deleted tweets or accounts aren't easily recoverable by anyone other than Twitter itself I think.

The Champions League is one of the most profitable competitions out there, and, in my opinion it's naive to think there isn't some money changing hands prior to the draw. There have been many occasions before when people have raised issues with the alleged corruption at UEFA when it comes to the Champions League, but I've yet to see actual evidence of draw rigging or match fixing.

Is this a first? If true, will it come to anything, or be brushed under the carpet? And if it isn't, I'd be very interested to know how the predictions were so accurate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Champions League Draw manipulated?
      Reply #1: Dec 16, 2013 01:22:38 pm
      A twitter account yesterday appeared to correctly predict result of this mornings Champions League draw. It would seem that all the predictions were correct, as you can see here, on a twitter account named "uefacorruption".

It's possible that the people behind these tweets posted all the possible results on their account and then deleted the incorrect tweets, or even set up multiple accounts with all the possible draws covered and then deleted all but the one with the correct predictions.

I haven't been able to find any evidence to suggest the "uefacorruption" twitter feed has had any other predictions posted at the same time as the correct ones made almost a day ago now. Any deleted tweets or accounts aren't easily recoverable by anyone other than Twitter itself I think.

The Champions League is one of the most profitable competitions out there, and, in my opinion it's naive to think there isn't some money changing hands prior to the draw. There have been many occasions before when people have raised issues with the alleged corruption at UEFA when it comes to the Champions League, but I've yet to see actual evidence of draw rigging or match fixing.

Is this a first? If true, will it come to anything, or be brushed under the carpet? And if it isn't, I'd be very interested to know how the predictions were so accurate.

Counter rumours on twitter saying that the account posted different outcomes and deleted the wrong ones.
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2: Dec 16, 2013 01:25:47 pm

Counter rumours on twitter saying that the account posted different outcomes and deleted the wrong ones.

Of course mate, that was my first thought as well. It's entirely possible. I'd like to see some evidence (maybe in the form of a screenshot or something) that would prove the account tweeted several different outcomes and deleted the wrong ones. That would clear it up for me.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Dec 16, 2013 01:28:11 pm
      Bookie Bashers ‏@BashDaBookies 2m
      The @uefacorruption account tweeted all 48 possible permutations, and then as soon as the draw was made deleted the 40 incorrect predictions
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Dec 16, 2013 01:38:13 pm
      I'd be more interested in:

When was the account Private.
      When was it then made public.

It would be easy enough to make a private account, post up all the permutations, then delete the wrong ones.
      Make your account public after the draw and hey presto, you've "exposed" Uefa.
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: Dec 16, 2013 01:52:17 pm
      I'd be more interested in:

When was the account Private.
      When was it then made public.

It would be easy enough to make a private account, post up all the permutations, then delete the wrong ones.
      Make your account public after the draw and hey presto, you've "exposed" Uefa.

Very true, it would seem this is the most likely scenario.

Easiest way to avoid detection early on, and then still have timestamps to "prove" you posted the correct results well before.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,679 posts | 6688 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Dec 16, 2013 08:00:15 pm
      The first thing I noticed about the Draw that made me think mmmmm was when I saw the Chavs to play Galatasaray. Funny that Drogba gets to go back to Stamford Bridge and get what I'm sure would be a very warm welcome back.

Hope he knocks them out of the tournament.  :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Dec 17, 2013 01:19:35 am
      This story comes out every year after the knockout draw.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #8: Dec 18, 2013 04:38:19 pm
      Same thing happened a few months back

The practise was almost the same
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #9: Dec 18, 2013 11:03:40 pm
      Rigged !

Look at the list of winners since the new millennium, only us and Porto have won it without being in the top two richest teams in one of either La Liga, EPL, Serie a or the Bundesliga. Since 2006 that trend is 100 %. The CL is an affirmation of the richest top 8-10 clubs in Europe. Barca, Madrid, Citeh (now), PSG, Utd (will drop out), Chelski, PSG (now), Bayern, Serie A will struggle to get one in there.

Rigged it was never fair to begin with.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Dec 18, 2013 11:57:59 pm
      Rigged !

Look at the list of winners since the new millennium, only us and Porto have won it without being in the top two richest teams in one of either La Liga, EPL, Serie a or the Bundesliga. Since 2006 that trend is 100 %. The CL is an affirmation of the richest top 8-10 clubs in Europe. Barca, Madrid, Citeh (now), PSG, Utd (will drop out), Chelski, PSG (now), Bayern, Serie A will struggle to get one in there.

Rigged it was never fair to begin with.

Don't get how you are coming to the conclusion it's rigged when you are saying that it is always one of the richest clubs now. Course it is, it's no surprise that's it's the club with a lot of money in the quarter final onwards (except maybe the odd club that scrapes through). Not rigged if it's them clubs there by spending the money to get that far.

Quick Reply