Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

"Vaping". Smoking cessation with E-Cigs

Read 23603 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: "Vaping". Smoking cessation with E-Cigs
      Reply #46: Mar 12, 2015 05:02:35 pm
      Thats one mean looking vaping machine...
      What was the Dollar on something like that Swab?.. if you don't mind me asking like...

the MVP is under 30 quid (MVP 2)

I've just bought a Kayfun rebuildable atomiser as well, and if anyone is interested this place http://www.mrslord.co.uk/ is doing bogof on 24mg juices while stocks last. I know it's a bit strong but it can always be mixed with some 6mg to bring it down a bit, and the juices from this site are F***ing fabulous.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #47: Mar 16, 2015 06:20:21 am
      thinking of picking up a vape to smoke weed with, i smoke cigarettes socially, not daily, but i end up smoking them daily through bongs. i know mixing tobacco with your green is the worst and i need to get away from it while i'm still relatively young. it's a big change to go to if you love bongs!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #48: Mar 18, 2015 09:29:24 am
      thinking of picking up a vape to smoke weed with, i smoke cigarettes socially, not daily, but i end up smoking them daily through bongs. i know mixing tobacco with your green is the worst and i need to get away from it while i'm still relatively young. it's a big change to go to if you love bongs!!

Don't believe it would be any good mate, filters is what Vaping is all about and it would only affect the blow.
      Haven't smoked blow for some time but I did use it for 35 years although nearly always in a spliff.
      If the bong does it for you mate and that is blow in it's purest form using a contraption like that would be a complete waste of time.
      Bier
      Reply #49: Mar 18, 2015 10:36:55 am
      Don't believe it would be any good mate, filters is what Vaping is all about and it would only affect the blow.
      Haven't smoked blow for some time but I did use it for 35 years although nearly always in a spliff.
      If the bong does it for you mate and that is blow in it's purest form using a contraption like that would be a complete waste of time.

Smoking weed with a vaporizer is actually common and was a thing already long before these e-cigs started popping up. It's actually much healthier, it's like inhaling pure THC without the harmful carcinogens. A bong is actually quite unhealthy as you're still inhaling smoke, contains alot of carcinogens, vaporizing is much purer and less damaging to your lungs.

You don't have to add tobacco with a bong though?
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015 11:03:11 am by Bier »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #50: Mar 18, 2015 02:10:10 pm
      Smoking weed with a vaporizer is actually common and was a thing already long before these e-cigs started popping up. It's actually much healthier, it's like inhaling pure THC without the harmful carcinogens. A bong is actually quite unhealthy as you're still inhaling smoke, contains alot of carcinogens, vaporizing is much purer and less damaging to your lungs.

You don't have to add tobacco with a bong though?

Using the bong in the strict sense does not include tobacco, with either hash, bush or skunk. Smoking pot has never been healthy, still insist vaping the blow is detrimental to the experience.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #51: Mar 18, 2015 02:14:21 pm

You can get a vaper for this if you want one.
      I'm reliably informed that a "volcano" is the best one, but there are different systems as well, and you can get vape atomisers that burn weed.

Contrary to what some think, vaping has nothing to do with filters. What you burn is exactly what you vape with no filtration system in an atomiser or clearomiser.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #52: Mar 18, 2015 02:55:12 pm
      You can get a vaper for this if you want one.
      I'm reliably informed that a "volcano" is the best one, but there are different systems as well, and you can get vape atomisers that burn weed.

Contrary to what some think, vaping has nothing to do with filters. What you burn is exactly what you vape with no filtration system in an atomiser or clearomiser.

Have you smoked pot with a bong?
      To answer the lad's question experience of both activities is required.
      Vaping, filters, atomisers, purifiers, clearomisers, Scroogomisers are not the relevant point, the lad wants to know if he will get the same hit - I was endeavouring to shed some light on the subject having smoked bongs, spliffs, hubbly bubblies, pipes with pot and all manner of tobacco accessories. 
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015 03:11:18 pm by stuey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #53: Mar 18, 2015 03:42:41 pm
      Have you smoked pot with a bong?
      To answer the lad's question experience of both activities is required.
      Vaping, filters, atomisers, purifiers, clearomisers, Scroogomisers are not the relevant point, the lad wants to know if he will get the same hit - I was endeavouring to shed some light on the subject having smoked bongs, spliffs, hubbly bubblies, pipes with pot and all manner of tobacco accessories.

And I was telling him there are no filters in any vaping equipment, and that vaping equipment for what he wants already exists.
      In fact he'll get a much better and cleaner smoke from a vaporiser than from anything else.

His question was about if he could "vape" pot, and the answer is yes he can.
      Bier
      Reply #54: Mar 18, 2015 04:04:46 pm
      Using the bong in the strict sense does not include tobacco, with either hash, bush or skunk. Smoking pot has never been healthy, still insist vaping the blow is detrimental to the experience.

I know it doesn't include tobacco, or doesn't have to, that's why I commented on what Del Boca Vista said, about mixing it with tobacco and wanting to move away from that and the bong. He can do one without the other. But even without tobacco, firing weed up produces toxic smoke.

I've experienced both, and a vaporizer is in no way detrimental to the experience, I'd even say the opposite. There's specific vaporizers for weed. What it does is take out the combustion part, which produces the most toxic and cancerous substances. Instead of firing it up it's heated just enough for the psychoactive cannabinoids to vaporize. I read that with a vaporizer you inhale 95% cannabinoids, while with combustion it's 12%. It's pretty heavy stuff, instant too.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015 04:29:32 pm by Bier »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #55: Mar 18, 2015 05:12:03 pm
      I know it doesn't include tobacco, or doesn't have to, that's why I commented on what Del Boca Vista said, about mixing it with tobacco and wanting to move away from that and the bong. He can do one without the other. But even without tobacco, firing weed up produces toxic smoke.

I've experienced both, and a vaporizer is in no way detrimental to the experience, I'd even say the opposite. There's specific vaporizers for weed. What it does is take out the combustion part, which produces the most toxic and cancerous substances. Instead of firing it up it's heated just enough for the psychoactive cannabinoids to vaporize. I read that with a vaporizer you inhale 95% cannabinoids, while with combustion it's 12%. It's pretty heavy stuff, instant too.

Fairy muff but I know which is the more authentic blow and if you're paying £100+ an ounce if there's any doubt about ingredients being eliminated the authentic choice is the one to go with.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #56: Mar 18, 2015 05:23:20 pm

My lad quit ciggies not long after me and bought a vaporiser for his pot.
      He says he gets more off it for less put into it, so it would seem his experience backs up your stats.
      Then again, he smokes the green stuff and not the sh*t they try to pass off as "hash" these days.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Mar 18, 2015 05:36:34 pm
      Back to vaping, I got one of these recently to go with the kayfun 4 atomiser

The kayfun has 3 different configurations so you can alter tank size

It looks complex, but isn't really.

The tall piece that looks like a chimney stack is basically an injection system for the vape juice.

The small part on the far right with 4 screws on top is the part that creates the vape.
      This is done by making your own coil like this:

Then high grade cotton is threaded through the coil, and hangs down the sides into where the juice is injected.
      As the juice is pulled up the cotton by the heat of the coil and then heated, it turns to vapour, and this in turn is drawn up through a central part into the mouthpiece.

The advantages of this system are that you get a much cleaner, smoother vape, it produces more vapour and a lower strength of nicotine is needed.
      The disadvantage is that it is fiddly and more time consuming to set up (albeit cheaper), but I've found that after doing it a few times, it starts to become a lot quicker.
      The coil is made by wrapping Kanthal wire around a suitable object, (I use a small screwdriver), and then trapping under the screws.

I still keep and use old atomisers like the protank, but I'm moving away from that system slowly but surely.

A coil will last at least 2 weeks, but the wicks need to be replaced every few days.
      Bier
      Reply #58: Mar 18, 2015 05:38:34 pm
      Fairy muff but I know which is the more authentic blow and if you're paying £100+ an ounce if there's any doubt about ingredients being eliminated the authentic choice is the one to go with.

Authentic blow and authentic choice? Is that like smoking granny's weed? How conservative of you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2015 07:51:25 pm
      Authentic blow and authentic choice? Is that like smoking granny's weed? How conservative of you.

No mate that's like smoking sh*t hot skunk that knocks you down if you don't treat it with respect.
      Sounds to me as tho you been tokin on your juvenile vape gear and wandering way off topic.
      Granny fixation or what??
      Leave it out if I was you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #60: Apr 30, 2015 05:26:48 pm
      Took delivery earlier of a kangertech Subtank mini.

This atomiser gives you the best of both worlds.
      There are 2 "decks", one for building your own coils and wicks on, and then the premade OCC coils, which you cal also re-wick and re-coil if you want to.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #61: Jun 18, 2015 05:39:53 pm
      The latest addition to my atomiser collection is the veritable nautilus mini.

I also have an ijust 2 kit on order.

Shiny things ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #62: Jun 18, 2015 06:02:30 pm
      The latest addition to my atomiser collection is the veritable nautilus mini.

I also have an ijust 2 kit on order.

Shiny things ;D

So you have stopped "smoking" and are now addicted to vaporizers? Way to go? ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Jun 18, 2015 06:06:46 pm
      So you have stopped "smoking" and are now addicted to vaporizers? Way to go? ;D

Nope, I'm working my way down to vaping all the time with 0% nicotine, and I do it because I enjoy it, not because of addiction.
      I go through the day using a weak (3mg) juice alternated with a 0% juice in different atomisers.
      In fact I can and do vape with 0% nicotine juices exclusively some days when I feel like it, and I don't really miss the nicotine at all.
      Problem is I stocked up n 3mg juices and I don't want to just chuck them  :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Sep 10, 2015 02:28:18 pm
      Broke my vaping mod whilst on hols and had to replace it, so I ended up buying the Solara DNA40.
      The DNA40 refers to the type of chip used, and is a 40w mod with variable voltage and wattage, plus temperature control.

Cracking bit of kit though, and much, much better than my previous mod as it delivers the power more efficiently.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #65: Sep 04, 2016 03:23:53 pm
      Ain't had a ciggie for 3 days :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #66: Sep 04, 2016 03:28:59 pm
      All these people giving up smoking....they just can't commit to anything :)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #67: Dec 14, 2016 08:48:41 am
      Nearly a year off the ciggs on a very mild ecig and still not One cig think I've done well.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #68: Dec 14, 2016 09:58:08 am
      Nearly a year off the ciggs on a very mild ecig and still not One cig think I've done well.

Good work mate, I've been off cigs for almost 2 years now with an e-cig. Yesterday was my first day on 0% nicotine and I'm doing ok so far...

Need to quit entirely by end of January as I'm going travelling and most countries I won't be able to get hold of e-cig stuff, definitely don't wanna start on the proper cigs again.

All on track so far!

Quick Reply