Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Prisons.

Read 2577 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Prisons.
      Jul 01, 2006 09:35:41 am
      Sorry to get a bit heavy but is it just me or does anyone else think less people should be going to prison but for longer?

Example:

1. Paedophile gets 2 years.

2. Pensioner who didn't pay £800 council tax gets three months.

Now surely the hardened criminals in this country need to go to prison for far far longer, and things like fines and fraud -> these people just need punishing in their pockets (sell their houses or something).

Prison is for protecting the public from people who are dangers to society.

Am I mad with my thinking? No wonder the prisons are full.
      Luis_Garcia_rules
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Prisons.
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2006 08:28:30 pm
      why do you want to know all this anyway?????
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Prisons.
      Reply #2: Jul 02, 2006 10:10:27 am
      Quote from: "Luis_Garcia_rules"
      why do you want to know all this anyway?????

so is old trafford, get my drift.... ;)
      Luis_Garcia_rules
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Re: Prisons.
      Reply #3: Jul 02, 2006 11:49:31 am
      Quote from: koolkidda
      Sorry to get a bit heavy but is it just me or does anyone else think less people should be going to prison but for longer?

Example:

1. Paedophile gets 2 years.

2. Pensioner who didn't pay £800 council tax gets three months.

Now surely the hardened criminals in this country need to go to prison for far far longer, and things like fines and fraud -> these people just need punishing in their pockets (sell their houses or something).

Prison is for protecting the public from people who are dangers to society.

Am I mad with my thinking? No wonder the prisons are full.

well actually i do think that paedophiles shud get longer than 2 years and rapists shud get longer as well
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Prisons.
      Reply #4: Jul 06, 2006 10:40:47 pm
      Where did that one come from Koolkidda ?  Anyway in answer to your question, i think that the likes of pensioners who get prison sentences for coucil tax non payment is disgusting, they shouldn't be hit in their pocket either, they probably got in that mess in the first place cos they ain;t got enough dosh to pay for it so they should have help before they get in that mess.  As for harden criminals, the repeat offenders should have the book thrown at them as they have had their chances, and for first offenders I believe everyone should be given at least one chance, we all make mistakes in life.   End of another rant, second one today hehehe !!  ;D

Quick Reply