Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v City?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      2 (1.7%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      9 (7.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      29 (24.4%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (5.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      13 (10.9%)
      Luis Suarez
      22 (18.5%)
      Raheem Sterling
      34 (28.6%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Dec 29, 2013 07:39:29 pm

Man City 2-1 LFC: In Game and Post Match Debates

Read 34708 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Man City 2-1 LFC: In Game and Post Match Debates
      Reply #690: Dec 27, 2013 03:41:29 pm
      "In 2009 Mason refereed the FA Youth Cup final between Arsenal and Liverpool. Later that year he was handed a one-week demotion to the role of fourth official after his handling of a match between Fulham and Liverpool in which he sent off Liverpool players Jamie Carragher and Philipp Degen; Fulham ultimately won the fixture 3–1".

Obviously a blatent manc. What a rat.

proper rat. i'm telling you, he has a history of it with us...and the c***s at the fa have a history of unearthing these rats to officiate our game. disgrace imo, absolute disgrace.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #691: Dec 27, 2013 03:51:27 pm
      Just as a matter of interest I wonder how many Liverpool matches mike dean has Reffed , Rodgers has a good point on it .
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #692: Dec 27, 2013 03:55:11 pm
      We  played a good game it  is just sad that we didn't get anything from the game.What  makes me happy is that we  have improve a lot comparing to last  season,this season we are among the top teams   I just  hope  that we continue to  improve  and Iam sure that  in this fixture next season we will do better.My MOTM  is Steeling even he missed that opportunity to level the game.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #693: Dec 27, 2013 04:05:10 pm
      Just as a matter of interest I wonder how many Liverpool matches mike dean has Reffed , Rodgers has a good point on it .

Dean is a Liverpool supporter isn't he?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #694: Dec 27, 2013 04:17:36 pm
      almost 24hrs since the start of the game and i'm still overly pissed off.  all those cliches of 'get over it' or 'stop crying over spilled milk' is going through my mind right now and really i should just put this game aside as our lads did play well.

However, i really wish there was something we can do.  yesterdays game is a loss, it will result in 0 pts for us and this point we should move on.  but i wish there was something we can do to ensure horrible officiating wont ruin games like this in the future.  a proper screening process for refs.. or something.  in the real world where you actually have to answer to people for your mistakes, companies do try to learn what went wrong and act to correct it.  i'm hoping something comes from this but history tells me that rodgers will get a nice ban and fine, and that will be the end of it.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #695: Dec 27, 2013 04:19:14 pm
      I'd be checking that linesmans bank account to see how much went in lately .
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #696: Dec 27, 2013 04:20:49 pm
      Dean is a Liverpool supporter isn't he?
      I don't know if he is .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #697: Dec 27, 2013 04:26:47 pm
      Disappointing not to get a point yesterday, deserved it, but Citeh away won't define our season. Didn't see the match, just the highlights on MOTD. How linesman got the Sterling offside wrong I don't know, a really terrible decision. Suarez in the box, could've been a peno, but when you look at what Martins been up to in recent matches at the other end, will call that one quits. Some other poor decisions too, and have no problem with BR coming out strong after the game and giving the officials a salvo, though imo the greater manchester thing was stretching it - still good to get a dig in, might make them think twice in future games.
      At the end of the day, Sterling should've scored from Suarez's perfect cross and Migs made a complete ballsack of the Negredo shot, should really be catching that never mind tipping it over, so am goin to swallow those and move on.
      Before the game thought BR might go 5 at the back, but he stuck to the 2 CB/attack-is-best-form-of-defense plan and was proved right (know we lost, but we really should've come away with a point at least). So fair fucks to BR again. If he does that against Chelsea I'd expect we'll cause them boys even more problems than we did Citeh.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #698: Dec 27, 2013 04:28:36 pm
      Btw, just found this little tidbit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2335879/FA-replace-Cup-final-referee-from-the-Wirral.html

>>
      Mike Dean has the ignominious distinction of being the first referee to be removed from a FA Cup final.
      Dean, a member of the Cheshire FA, lives in the Wirral, close to Liverpool, and, belatedly, the FA referees department decided this could compromise him when Liverpool play West Ham in next month's final.
      The FA have "complete faith in Dean's refereeing ability, integrity and impartiality", they said. "The fact he is from the Wirral might lead to comment and debate which could place him under undue additional pressure. The decision has been taken with the best interests of Mike Dean and the competition in mind."
      Alan Wiley, of the Staffordshire FA, who was Dean's replacement to officiate at the Millennium Stadium on May 13, will now take his place. Wiley was the referee for February's League Cup final in which Manchester United beat Wigan Athletic 4-0.
      The change is likely to have been decided by officials at the FA's refereeing department - Neale Barry, head of refereeing, Ray Lewis, chairman of the referees' committee, and the vice-chairman David Elleray. None of the three could be reached for comment yesterday.
      Traditionally, the identity of the FA Cup final referee is revealed after the semi-finals, but the choice of the Cheshire FA official was first revealed on April 7, more than two weeks before Liverpool and West Ham secured places in the final.
      At the time, Dean said: "I'm absolutely ecstatic. It is every referee's dream."
      Match officials must sign a disclaimer listing any team they support and cannot officiate in matches with those teams.
      Dean supports neither Liverpool nor Everton and has officiated in only one Liverpool game, against Sheffield United, in the League Cup, on Jan 8, 2003, and two Everton games, in the Premiership against Manchester United on Dec 26, 2003 and against Wigan on Jan 31 this year.
      >>

Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #699: Dec 27, 2013 04:34:48 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2335879/FA-replace-Cup-final-referee-from-the-Wirral.html

>>
      Mike Dean has the ignominious distinction of being the first referee to be removed from a FA Cup final.
      Dean, a member of the Cheshire FA, lives in the Wirral, close to Liverpool, and, belatedly, the FA referees department decided this could compromise him when Liverpool play West Ham in next month's final.
      The FA have "complete faith in Dean's refereeing ability, integrity and impartiality", they said. "The fact he is from the Wirral might lead to comment and debate which could place him under undue additional pressure. The decision has been taken with the best interests of Mike Dean and the competition in mind."
      Alan Wiley, of the Staffordshire FA, who was Dean's replacement to officiate at the Millennium Stadium on May 13, will now take his place. Wiley was the referee for February's League Cup final in which Manchester United beat Wigan Athletic 4-0.
      The change is likely to have been decided by officials at the FA's refereeing department - Neale Barry, head of refereeing, Ray Lewis, chairman of the referees' committee, and the vice-chairman David Elleray. None of the three could be reached for comment yesterday.
      Traditionally, the identity of the FA Cup final referee is revealed after the semi-finals, but the choice of the Cheshire FA official was first revealed on April 7, more than two weeks before Liverpool and West Ham secured places in the final.
      Match officials must sign a disclaimer listing any team they support and cannot officiate in matches with those teams.
      Dean supports neither Liverpool nor Everton and has officiated in only one Liverpool game, against Sheffield United, in the League Cup, on Jan 8, 2003, and two Everton games, in the Premiership against Manchester United on Dec 26, 2003 and against Wigan on Jan 31 this year.
      >>

The Wirral isn't in Liverpool though?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #700: Dec 27, 2013 04:41:55 pm
      The Wirral isn't in Liverpool though?
      So why remove him then ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #701: Dec 27, 2013 04:47:05 pm

>>
      >>

The FA made the rules up in 2006 ^^ as they went along, the FA make the rules up as they go along today.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #702: Dec 27, 2013 04:55:34 pm
      My brother used to play with mason in bolton fed as a teenager and confirms he is a red the slap headed c###
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #703: Dec 27, 2013 05:35:11 pm

Because he is a red. Half of the Wirral support Liverpool and a few others support Everton and Tranmere. The Wirral isn't Liverpool but it takes me ten minutes to get there.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #704: Dec 27, 2013 05:40:32 pm

>>
      >>

Says it all.
      Its the FA remember .... who may now give Brendan a slapped wrist.

How dare he !?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25526952

???
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #705: Dec 27, 2013 06:16:59 pm
      Thought we were class at times last night. Some of the passing at times a delight and we should have had 3 maybe 4 goals

However our big problem raised its head again, defending balls into the box, we just cant do it. And until we get in a defender who can deal with balls into the box we will fall just short because we concede too many goals of the same type, which shows were not learning. If we want to be champions then I think we the fans and the management team need to realise Skrtel and Agger cannot play at the back for us.

Mignolet made a howler for there 2nd but his mistakes are so rare it would be unfair to have a go at him.

What the linesman was watching when he waved Sterling off Ill never know, and though Skrtel could have given away 1 at our end, I thought it was a stone waller for us on Suarez

I thought the way we approached the game was admirable no fear and had a go. Even some of our own though this was a lost cause but I believed city could be got at if you play ball, which we did

Similar performance will beat Chelsea. Then we need to be wise in January. If we can get the centre half we need in and maybe another forward and or midfielder we will be very close to ending the famine

Finally I thought we bossed there much praised midfield. Thought Henderson especially had a cracking game   
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #706: Dec 27, 2013 07:30:36 pm
      Didnt comment last night, was proud and fuming all in one go ,should have and could have quite easily got a result there ,despite all the goings on with the lino and the ref we still should have won it ,BR can do fck all about dodgy finishing and a fcking big howler from our goalie,

What he can do something about is the way we defend or dont in this case set pieces or corners ,Skrtel if i am honest is doing my fcking nut in ive seen posters on here raving over him ,well for me he is fcking sh*t at defending ,not to bad on the ground but in the air he just dosent compete for it ,if he spent more time actually going for the ball he might actually do well , instead he wants to swap fcking shirts every game before the whistle is gone ,not good enough imho ,not too bothered by the penno for that reason alone because ive been saying it for a while and now the pundits are picking it out it wont be long before he gives a penno away. 
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #707: Dec 27, 2013 08:35:58 pm
      Still gutted about yesterdays result. We deffo deserved something out of that game. that linesman should be given a lifetimes subscription to Spec-savers, he needs it.

What worries me now after Brendans outburst, is what price a Chelsea pen on Sunday, through Skrtel's shirt pulling ? Especially with motormouth Owen on about it every time he co-commentates.

C'mon the redmen lets tw*t the plastic club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #708: Dec 27, 2013 08:43:04 pm
      What worries me now after Brendans outburst, is what price a Chelsea pen on Sunday, through Skrtel's shirt pulling ? Especially with motormouth Owen on about it every time he co-commentates.

Fair point but then you could argue theres more chance on them scoring from a set piece and maybe if Martin concentrated more on the ball then the man he might actually prevent goals
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #709: Dec 27, 2013 08:53:03 pm
      Fair point but then you could argue theres more chance on them scoring from a set piece and maybe if Martin concentrated more on the ball then the man he might actually prevent goals

That's also a valid point. Had he done that at Citeh a bit more, then who knows.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2013 09:15:16 pm by Reslivo »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #710: Dec 27, 2013 09:21:12 pm
      Spot on Brian if he actually attacked the ball instead of trying to molest the player he could do quite well ,Sako fills me with a bit of dread tbh but at least he tries to smash it in the air and will try and go through a player to get it , for all his last ditch tackling on the floor we are leaking goals big time with his refusal to go and attack the ball instead of the player.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #711: Dec 27, 2013 10:25:28 pm
      I'm at the point where you can see exactly what Rodgers is trying to instill, if he feels any player needs to be shipped out as they are not fitting with what he's trying to achieve then I'm all for it, whether that be Skrtel, Agger, Lucas etc, I'm beginning to think Lucas's future at the club is in jeopardy and that he'll probably moved on in the summer.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #712: Dec 27, 2013 10:32:48 pm
      I'm at the point where you can see exactly what Rodgers is trying to instill, if he feels any player needs to be shipped out as they are not fitting with what he's trying to achieve then I'm all for it, whether that be Skrtel, Agger, Lucas etc, I'm beginning to think Lucas's future at the club is in jeopardy and that he'll probably moved on in the summer.
      He'd better be getting those knuckles tattooed with YNWA if he wants to stay .

Quick Reply