Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v City?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      2 (1.7%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      9 (7.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      29 (24.4%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (5.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      13 (10.9%)
      Luis Suarez
      22 (18.5%)
      Raheem Sterling
      34 (28.6%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Dec 29, 2013 07:39:29 pm

Man City 2-1 LFC: In Game and Post Match Debates

Read 35723 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: Man City 2-1 LFC: In Game and Post Match Debates
      Reply #667: Dec 27, 2013 10:32:12 am
      Let's look at that

At worst, they get a penalty, and only one, because Skrtel wises up after conceding the penalty and possibly the goal. He behaves himself from thereon in. But that's trivial compared to the goal we got chalked off, the penalty on Suarez, and the clattering he took from Lescot on the line - which, by the rules means another penalty. Man City have the funds to be able to cope with not getting into the ECL. They can brush it off. We can't it means a lot more to us as a club. Not only that, because of the entire debacle, our manager now gets a fine and a possible touch line ban. And when you consider that all defenders all over the country are grabbing opposition players every weekend, yet only Skrtel seems to be getting the finger, and during a game when the officials shafted us for 90 minutes; yeah we certainly can moan
      I agree with you generally but this is irrelevant.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #668: Dec 27, 2013 10:33:03 am
      Surprised so many thought Yaya was class. Thought we were all over him until we tired at the end. Same for Fernandinho. Didn't see Nasri anywhere. Silva unfortunately was picking up the ball in dangerous positions and Lucas couldn't handle him. In general though I thought we dealt very well with them, all they offered was drilled in crosses pretty much. Which makes it even more annoying how we handed them two goals.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #669: Dec 27, 2013 10:40:53 am
      I think there's a big difference between Skrtels wrestling and the pull on Suarez. Actually, were it not that a) he'd gone on about it for f*cking ages previously and b) he's a c*nt, Owen wouldn't have mentioned Skrtel yesterday. It was nowhere near so blatant as it had been in previous games, because Kompany was doing exactly the same to him. Skrtel had the city captains shirt up round his shoulders, Kompany had his forearm in our mans throat and also had hold of his shirt. Kompanys method is to get into the flight path of the ball early, then hold his position there through sheer physical strength before he heads it. It is entirely legitimate for the defender to try and strength him out of it, but ultimately in my view a mistake. You'd be far better off putting a more nimble and wily campaigner against Kompany, because you aren't going to beat him in an arm wrestle (we haven't actually got one, but I'm saying IF we did, like the little fella who used to play for Italy who's name escapes me).

Lescott on Suarez was a completely different situation, he was pulling at Suarez to try and stop him getting to the ball. Suarez though did make the spot kick practically ungiveable with his theatrics. He'd have been far better off just standing there and letting the ball hit him. Mind you, with that c*nt of a ref Lescott could have finished up wearing a red shirt when it was cleared away with Suarez bareback and we still wouldn't have got it.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #670: Dec 27, 2013 10:58:58 am
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #671: Dec 27, 2013 11:00:54 am
      Having posted after the match yesterday, I covered all the negs but failed to say, apart from Skrtel holding etc, he otherwise had a good game with a few great tackles and blocks.
      And apart from the few missed chances, every man in red far exceeded the expectations we had 10 games ago when we were bumbling through matches.
      Hats off to the manager for in stilling the belief, getting the tactics right to suit our players and to all the players for raising their games.
      I did think wed beat city on out current form and as it turns out we deserved to as well.
      I'm made up with the progress I never thought we were capable of, and hope we can now keep the momentum up for the remainder if the season.
       Evidently we are capable of beating anyone, any where, and with the jam window fast approaching, hopefully we can add a bit of quality and only get stronger.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,765 posts | 7184 
      Reply #672: Dec 27, 2013 11:04:53 am
      forgetting the obvious cheating b***ard linesman what about Sterling missing an open goal and Couthino hitting the ball straight at Hart when either corner would have done. We have been here so  many times in the past played really well but got nothing from it and worst of all it gave City a 3 point advantage on the day. There is nothing Brendan can do this is down to the players and whether in the final analysis they are good enough to make that leap from heroic losers to gallant winners. I think they have it but how many times have we thought that in the last two decades.Football is a funny game because a win at Chelsea would give us more points than perhaps we had expected from the two games when two draws would have been very good results.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #673: Dec 27, 2013 11:09:05 am
      we lost to Man.city  away, we could easily have got something from it , There were times in the game where we were all over them with our moves,and play let alone the bad decisions that spoiled the gameby the ref,  AND NO other team   did that at the etihad
        We should all be proud with the way the team played
         Pellegrini: Win over 'best team' in the Premier League helps our title chances
         Graham poll wants BR to be punished for his comments after the game, wonder if he ever wanted that to any   comments other mangers made
          lets look forward , I still think we are on the right track- facing chelsea in a  couple of days , not an easy job again , hope we can be more fortunate with "decisions"this time , ,

YNWA

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,393 posts | 1025 
      Reply #674: Dec 27, 2013 11:40:57 am
      I'm certain Brendan will be fined and banned from the touch line for his comments. I am also pretty certain that the ref's boss will not be telephoning Brendan to apologise for the linesman's pathetic mistake when he gave Sterling offside when he was blatantly ONSIDE!
      All that aside, the lads did us proud, we should go into the Chelsea game full of confidence. We have shown we can compete with the best. Bring 'em on! Can't wait.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #675: Dec 27, 2013 11:44:05 am
      Dust ourselves down and go again
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #676: Dec 27, 2013 11:57:20 am
      I agree with you generally but this is irrelevant.

Of course it's relevant.

If they don't make ECL they have the money at their disposal to more than put that right. They'll still attract players because (a) they have the money to pay stupid wages to keep Aguero and Co. happy at the club (for one more season at least), (b) if it's just the one season they miss out on, then they've already got a great clutch of 'world class' players to attract other world class players whether they are 1st or 5th and (c) the world is watching and players around Europe at least will know they've won the title not long ago. Whereas we've only got Suarez to attract other players, we don't have the cash Man City have to entice world class players to our club if Man City are sniffing around the same player, we've not won a title for 24 years, and our last big impact on Europe was around 9 years ago when we won it. And lest we forget, if we miss out on ECL, we'll very probably see Suarez move to a team that gets ECL season in season out. You can't have the world's best footballer playing not playing in the ECL

How is that irrelevant?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      Reply #677: Dec 27, 2013 12:04:43 pm
      Precisely this

Let's take it out on the chavs
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #678: Dec 27, 2013 12:15:04 pm
      Of course it's relevant.

If they don't make ECL they have the money at their disposal to more than put that right. They'll still attract players because (a) they have the money to pay stupid wages to keep Aguero and Co. happy at the club (for one more season at least), (b) if it's just the one season they miss out on, then they've already got a great clutch of 'world class' players to attract other world class players whether they are 1st or 5th and (c) the world is watching and players around Europe at least will know they've won the title not long ago. Whereas we've only got Suarez to attract other players, we don't have the cash Man City have to entice world class players to our club if Man City are sniffing around the same player, we've not won a title for 24 years, and our last big impact on Europe was around 9 years ago when we won it. And lest we forget, if we miss out on ECL, we'll very probably see Suarez move to a team that gets ECL season in season out. You can't have the world's best footballer playing not playing in the ECL

How is that irrelevant?
      It's relevant to us, of course. I'm saying it was irrelevant in the context you were using it. The way i picked you up, and correct me if i'm wrong, was that the referee should be taking this in to consideration and should let it affect his decision.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #679: Dec 27, 2013 12:15:10 pm
      F**k mason, the c*** has a history of shafting us at every opportunity. i think it started when rafa had a go and ever since, he's taken an agenda against us and makes a point of f***ing us over at every opportunity.

what does the FA do? "investigate" and probably ban rogers. what will the linesman and the ref get? protection. naturally, every organisation has to protect its employees and deal with mistakes behind closed doors...but the problem with referees association and fa is that they don't. referees don't get punished for poor/biased refereeing and they don't have
      to explain themselves.

i don't have my rose tinted glasses on, both coutinho and sterling should have put the game beyond doubt and beyond the influence of bitter/substandard referees. but we shouldn't have to put up with this sort of agenda year in year out.

i really hope this isn't the start of fa/referees vs rogers because they will shaft us. it took 5 or 6 similar outbursts from ferrgie against referees before fa did anything about it, but they're quick off the blocks with us. pathetic self-serving c***.

rant-not-over
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      Reply #680: Dec 27, 2013 01:00:49 pm
      It's relevant to us, of course. I'm saying it was irrelevant in the context you were using it. The way i picked you up, and correct me if i'm wrong, was that the referee should be taking this in to consideration and should let it affect his decision.
      No not the referee. Only how both teams would eventually deal with the fallout that would result from bad officiating. Just saying it would hurt us more than the billionaires down the road
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #681: Dec 27, 2013 01:05:24 pm
      The Daily Manc Fail saying Rodgers MUST be charged hahaha  :lmao: 2013 going on 14 football for you these days, F***ing pathetic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2529803/GRAHAM-POLL-Brendan-Rodgers-lost-plot-charged-ref-outburst-Manchester-City.html
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #682: Dec 27, 2013 01:09:50 pm
      Wonderful performance yesterday we were very unlucky to lose that game.
      I can't remember being more proud of our side after suffering a defeat.

Well done Boss for having a pop at the Ref if Sterling's 1st half goal had stood
      as it should have done different game imo.
      Saying that Sterling should have saved it for us near the end my Mrs could have scored that.

All in all a great performance which Brendan & the boys can be proud of
      Play like that every game & we'll go all the way...
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #683: Dec 27, 2013 01:15:53 pm
      Wonderful performance yesterday we were very unlucky to lose that game.
      I can't remember being more proud of our side after suffering a defeat.

Well done Boss for having a pop at the Ref if Sterling's 1st half goal had stood
      as it should have done different game imo.
      Saying that Sterling should have saved it for us near the end my Mrs could have scored that.

All in all a great performance which Brendan & the boys can be proud of
      Play like that every game & we'll go all the way...

Not one decision went our way mate, an onside goal ruled out for offside, we should of had a free kick on the edge of the box when Lescott came into the back of Suarez and several other decisions whereas Citeh were getting free kicks for petty tackles challenging for the ball. Worst officiating game I've seen in a long time, simply robbed.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      Reply #684: Dec 27, 2013 02:04:17 pm
      FA, Mason, linesman, Daily Fail, Mancs, poor refereeing, match fixing, it doesn't matter.

Every man, manager and his dog know we really are on our way back

The sleeping giant just opened one eye and there's nothing they can do about it
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #685: Dec 27, 2013 02:28:22 pm
      The FA think they can scare us. What can they do apart from let more decisions against you? let this happen, get a private team to highlight this day in day out and they will be revealed a corrupt organization. If you don't do no wrong there's nothing to fear. If I had the authority I would probe that linesman with The Hague Court. f**ker.
      On the other hand the game was great and even the disallowed goal and scored goal was due to Suarez setting it up? Would have given the motm to Raheem had he scored.
      Will be interesting to see the officiating when we play the Chav's.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #686: Dec 27, 2013 03:00:50 pm
      Well the hangover has lifted and I'm pissed off but very happy(if you get my drift).
      Thought we were brilliant and have to say that was one of the worst refereeing performances (and Lino )I've ever watched in watching Liverpool and football in 35 F***ing years.
      All the city lads in the pub came over to me and my Liverpool supporting friends at the final whistle and said no other team has come to the etihad and played like that they were genuinely shocked we got nothing out of the game.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,765 posts | 7184 
      Reply #687: Dec 27, 2013 03:10:38 pm
      Mason attended the Liverpool Institute in the early 90's obviously a blue nose as well as a manc.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #688: Dec 27, 2013 03:21:15 pm
      FA, Mason, linesman, Daily Fail, Mancs, poor refereeing, match fixing, it doesn't matter.

Every man, manager and his dog know we really are on our way back

The sleeping giant just opened one eye and there's nothing they can do about it

.....they will keep on trying tho'.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #689: Dec 27, 2013 03:32:09 pm
      Just found this on Wikipedia

"In 2009 Mason refereed the FA Youth Cup final between Arsenal and Liverpool. Later that year he was handed a one-week demotion to the role of fourth official after his handling of a match between Fulham and Liverpool in which he sent off Liverpool players Jamie Carragher and Philipp Degen; Fulham ultimately won the fixture 3–1".

Obviously a blatent manc. What a rat.

Quick Reply