Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The 206th Merseyside Derby - Post Match Discussion.

Read 19592 times
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Re: The 206th Merseyside Derby - 20th October 2007
      Reply #230: Oct 20, 2007 03:17:07 pm
      Wow, we were lucky today, Everton deserved a draw, but three points is three points and that avenges Maloudas dive.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #231: Oct 20, 2007 03:18:42 pm
      Stunned and euphoric! That's me!

Couldn't believe he took Gerrard off. Just when we were beginning to get a grip in their half. All the space we had!! I haven't seen that much space in a derby for a long time, and we probably wont for a long time coming.

Agree with Court saying we got out of jail. But that's football. Three points obviously the big factor but something else to note is a massive morale boost. What better way to get back on the road to winning ways than against the bitters!!

Still need to improve on the passing front and one or two players showed signs of not being good enough to play for us today.

But isn't it a lovely feeling?...... ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #232: Oct 20, 2007 03:19:46 pm
      Maybe Momo is a hard worker in training. OR he was brought in to break down the midfield of Everton's. I dont think its rocket science to know he wasnt working but the change Rafa pulled off won it for us.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #233: Oct 20, 2007 03:21:02 pm
      We won - simple as.

Yes Dirk could / should of seen red, but the ref never thought it.
      Yes it should of been a pen for Lescott in the last seconds, again the ref had a better view than most.

Thats all the blueshite can moan about.
      They had the best part of the game between 15 - 45 mins, and nothing after that.

In simple term, we bossed the game for 60 out of the 90mins.
      We gave them an own goal (I maybe wrong, but did they have a shot on target ??)
      Gerrard, definate pen and sending off.
      Neville - well that was cheating !!, this is when a penalty goal should be awarded.

So happy with the lads played and commitment shown.
      Lucas put in a very impressive shift.

Andy Gray yet again making a blueshite cock of himself again  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #234: Oct 20, 2007 03:24:58 pm
      My opinion, was shocked he took Gerrard off, especially as Sissoko had a mare, but we seemed to play more as a team when Gerrard actually came off.

Masch came more into the game at the end and Lucas played well when he came on, unlucky not to score the winner.

Plus I wish he would of made the Pennant/Sissoko switch 15 mins earlier.

But happy days in the end, derby win, 3 points, we can now hopefully travel to Turkey with a bit more confidence.

afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Re: The 206th Merseyside Derby - Post Match Discussion.
      Reply #235: Oct 20, 2007 03:30:33 pm
      Lucas or Sisoko at CentreMid?For me it has to be Lucas...
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #236: Oct 20, 2007 03:37:44 pm
      never a penalty you see it happening all the time Carvalho gets away with it time and time again. Lescott looking for the penalty.

going for a pint with one of the worst bitters you can imagine later, i cant wait :D

my grandads just walked in (season ticket holder for the bitters) i looked at him smiled and walked past and he said "hollow victory"

i said "Everton FC, forever and always in Liverpools shadow"
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #237: Oct 20, 2007 03:39:58 pm
      Dont you just love the 'friendly' banter with the Bitters  :lmao: 
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #238: Oct 20, 2007 03:44:06 pm
      I think today's decisions might be strange except for one thing:

Wednesday 24th October. Besiktas v Liverpool. We're going to Turkey (again).

Strange Jammy - you not having a dig at someone else who mentions Pako's loss?
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #239: Oct 20, 2007 03:47:11 pm
      f*ck me I cant stop smilin

European cup final 2005---------------->derby wins-----------------> sex

:D sorry need to edit the above there we go :)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #240: Oct 20, 2007 03:48:48 pm
      Nice viewing  :lmao:

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #241: Oct 20, 2007 03:49:42 pm
      f*ck me I cant stop smilin

European cup final 2005---------------->derby wins-----------------> sex

:D sorry need to edit the above there we go :)

Bloody hell mate, did you have to wait that long for a bit of nooky ?  :lmao:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #242: Oct 20, 2007 03:50:23 pm
      Did nobody else hear Rafa say that Gerrard plays with his heart and not his brain?

Look Rafa - it's a derby game ffs.

Secondly, if Momo keeps Lucas on the bench one more time this season... I will REALLY think Rafa is on something....

Lucas needs a run in the team now, with Xabi or Masch playing the holding role - for me Stevie G looks a lot more of a threat on the wing coming on ...or even PLAY HIM UP-FRONT with Torres.

I am sure that Torres and SG just behind him would tear Prem and European defences apart...

Voro and Kuyt (nothing apart from pens...and thank feck for them)... deserve Carling Cup footy I'm afraid...
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #243: Oct 20, 2007 03:54:29 pm
      Voro and Kuyt (nothing apart from pens...and thank feck for them)... deserve Carling Cup footy I'm afraid...

Sorry mate, totally disagree with you on this.
      They played the part they were asked to.
      Yes Voronin missed a few today, but both forwards defended from the front today.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #244: Oct 20, 2007 04:02:05 pm
      We are already asking for trouble the way we started the game. Its a matter of time before the blue nose scored and Rafa was just too naive not to see that. We treated them with too much respect. We're always a yard short compared to the blue nose when chasing for a loose ball. Approach very similar to that of the game against Marseille only difference we didn't (or almost) lost today. Just wonder what Rafa's thinking. No passion shown by the players until SG got the penalty.

By starting Momo, we're already asking for trouble as i kept on saying time and again he's not ready for Liverpool & the PL 'cause his first touch is shocking and the blue nose just love that as they close u down fast and it's easy to rob the ball off momo while he tumbles easier than a bowling pin. Someone pls ask him to take up intensive weight lifting and don't starts falling all over the place as it is causing us anxious moments and he's a liability. Quality of our passing is shocking and one wonders what we do on the training pitch.

The blue nose have taught us how to play football the Liverpool way, lots of intelligent passing and quick on the move instead of too many overhead balls while our passings were going all over the places. If they had the qulaity of players that we have, we would have been hammered by a dozen of goals.

The folllowings have passed the useful shelf life  :- Hypia, JAR & Momo. Particularly Hypia & Rafa is too blind not to see that. He'e the weakest link of the backline. How many times the opposition have exploited that and Rafa continues to play him  week in week out. He should have replaced Hypia 5 yrs ago but he didn't and it has now come back time again to haunt him. Rafa is in total disarray at the moment and he has simply lost the plot. Let's be honest we don't derserve to win today but who cares, 3 points in the bag.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #245: Oct 20, 2007 04:04:10 pm
      Bloody hell mate, did you have to wait that long for a bit of nooky ?  :lmao:

haha no them 2 wins are superior to the deed :)
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #246: Oct 20, 2007 04:10:04 pm
      Strange Jammy - you not having a dig at someone else who mentions Pako's loss?

Already done - and I thought you didn't want to argue?
      Cy
      Reply #247: Oct 20, 2007 04:10:55 pm
      we won and that is all matters, I couldn't care less about blushite moaning over penalties decision, like Smiggers said what goes around cames around..This 3 points brings us back where we belong and put some pressure on arsenal and united...Gerrard been substituted do sound a bit weird but RAFA must have his reason, no doubt that this will be ask why did you take Gerrard off..

In all a good day, always a good day to beat them, especially over there..still at work until 9.30 pm, but missus been called and told to get a fews cans for me for tonight..;)...
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #248: Oct 20, 2007 04:15:10 pm
      when it was 1-1 late in the game i actually said "we need robbie"  :o
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #249: Oct 20, 2007 04:18:15 pm
      Yoohoo!!!!!!!!!!! LiverpoolFC won, they won!!!!!!!!!!

I was worried when boss Rafa Benitez took out Gerrard and send Leiva in, but Lucas, he proved his ability, he should have a goal if Neville don't use his 'God's hand' (sorry, It's 'hands', the ball touched both his hands!)! Neville, oh mr Neville, why should You do that? You just have to let the ball in and let LiverpoolFC's 20 years old midfielder has his first goal, why should you do that anyway? when the result is always the same! No, It's worse to You!

Voronin missed a lot, Riise missed too! (a 85% chance that the ball go in!) hope they will not miss agian next match.

Gerrard's penalty case was an discutable case, I don't know but seem like he was foul out of the penalty area, whatever, for me, he deserve to win that penalty! And in the end of the match, Letscott claim that he should have a penalty, but may be he don't know that was the 90+4th minuite (there're just 3 minutes injury time!), and the ref should ended the match a minute ago, may be after the law, he should have that penalty, but for me, that's fair egnound!

Kuyt did a good job, nothing to complain!

Thought LiverpoolFC win a bit luckily (That's just my opinion!) 3 points is 3 points, They will walk agin on the winning road! Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2007 04:24:56 pm by Chitose »
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #250: Oct 20, 2007 04:20:19 pm
      i dont think it was a penalty it happens all the time, Carvalhos made a career out of it.
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #251: Oct 20, 2007 04:34:04 pm
      I hate watching j.Lescott's hair...
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #252: Oct 20, 2007 04:36:24 pm
      From the official site: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N157380071020-1538.htm

Rafa Benitez dedicated the dramatic derby win over Everton to the supporters by declaring: "This was for you."
      The Spaniard believes the victory – clinched with a stoppage time penalty from Dirk Kuyt – was thoroughly deserved.

"That was for all our fans," said Benitez. "Our supporters are always fantastic and I dedicate this win to them.

"We thought we deserved to win the game. Our two penalties were both very clear.

"We had a lot of chances during the game but didn't take them. We kept going and got the win."

A bizarre own goal from Sami Hyypia gave the Blues a half-time lead, but two second-half spot kicks from Kuyt - both of which resulted in sendings-off - put Liverpool back to winning ways.

The winner came after Steven Gerrard was substituted for Brazilian Lucas Leiva – a decision which may have raised one or two eyebrows.

Benitez explained: "We weren't keeping the ball very well and were in too much of a hurry sometimes with our final pass.

"I put Lucas on because he is a very good player who can pass the ball well for us.

"In the end, Lucas helped us win the game by having the shot that led to our winning penalty."

Quick Reply