Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 2-0 Oldham: In game and Post Match Cup Chat

Read 28894 times
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Oldham: In game and Post Match Cup Chat
      Reply #391: Jan 05, 2014 05:29:08 pm
      Watching the highlights, Jones pulled off some decent saves. Looks like he had a impressive game.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #392: Jan 05, 2014 05:32:01 pm

Thanks

Amazing how much easier it looks when you can actually see the game.

Stirling absolutely ripped them apart.... if  he had a little more end product we would have won by 4 or 5.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #393: Jan 05, 2014 05:34:54 pm
      Of course he's serious, with or without Aggers injury, we still need to inject some quality into the squad and should look to do so every window or would you be happier staying as we are ?
      I agree we need to add some quality,  but for me the priority should be wing back. I think Agger,  Sakho, Toure and Skrtel are quality enough and Ilori is good cover.  I am just saying,  we can't go buying new players because 1 is injured. Sakho is back in a week so I thought it was a bit kneejerk to forget about our real areas that need attention.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2014 05:55:04 pm by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #394: Jan 05, 2014 05:39:02 pm
      He's a bad idiot mate and when I say bad Idiot, I mean really bad.
      A bit uncalled for to say the least.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #395: Jan 05, 2014 05:43:25 pm
      A bit uncalled for to say the least.

Would you like me to pull up and quote a whole load of your idiotic posts that have made me form that opinion ? :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #396: Jan 05, 2014 05:47:36 pm

Watching those it looks like Iago had a good game and Hendo an even better one. Sterling should have finished a few more of the chances he had but also had a hand in a lot of our better stuff.

Any news on why Agger went off? Looked like a muscle injury the way he was hobbling but obviously only saw him for a second or two.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #397: Jan 05, 2014 05:47:57 pm
      Would you like me to pull up and quote a whole load of your idiotic posts that have made me form that opinion ? :D
      so, just because you're out of order on this occasion you're gonna troll through old threads where I was wrong or quote things out of context? Upto you how you want to spend your time, but it is rather pathetic I'd rather just forget about it because it is off topic bs! With 28k posts you should know about the forum rules. Anyway.  Back on topic. As I said, happy with the result.  I expect Bournemouth in the next game and it will be a bit tricky. Glad we avoided premiership teams for now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #398: Jan 05, 2014 05:49:25 pm
      Hamstring (I think) mate... same as Sakho.

Ah balls! We really are dropping like flies, perhaps Illori might get a look in now? Any more CB's take the knock and we'll be getting Hansen out of retirement.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #399: Jan 05, 2014 05:54:11 pm
      Ah balls! We really are dropping like flies, perhaps Illori might get a look in now? Any more CB's take the knock and we'll be getting Hansen out of retirement.
      Ilori might be good cover. I feel he was Coates replacement because of his long injury. It is good some people remember our current squad players. According to physiotoom Sakho woll be fit for Stoke though so it won't be ilori's time just yet.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #400: Jan 05, 2014 05:56:10 pm
      Sounds like Aggers injury isn't too serious, calf cramp is how Brendan described it in his post match.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #401: Jan 05, 2014 05:57:47 pm
      Sounds like Aggers injury isn't too serious, calf cramp is how Brendan described it in his post match.
      Let's hope you're right Debs !
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #402: Jan 05, 2014 05:59:36 pm

Hope that's all it is, but coming off with "just" cramp and leaving us with 10 men is not what I expect from our Viking.   
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #403: Jan 05, 2014 06:00:50 pm
      Watching those it looks like Iago had a good game and Hendo an even better one. Sterling should have finished a few more of the chances he had but also had a hand in a lot of our better stuff.

Any news on why Agger went off? Looked like a muscle injury the way he was hobbling but obviously only saw him for a second or two.

Sterling wasted 3 good chances in that 1st half - as shown in those highlights.

Anyone else, and he would have been heavily criticised.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #404: Jan 05, 2014 06:01:12 pm

had one last night myself at the end of my match.  went in for the shot and felt it cramp up. 

a few days and it'll be all loosened up
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #405: Jan 05, 2014 06:01:15 pm
      That is good news. Also makes me feel better for being against the kneejerk new defender bandwagon.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #406: Jan 05, 2014 06:03:10 pm
      Hope that's all it is, but coming off with "just" cramp and leaving us with 10 men is not what I expect from our Viking.   
      Surely coming off with a suspected hamstring which turns out to be a 'cramp' is better than staying on believing it to be cramp and making a hamstring problem worse ?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #407: Jan 05, 2014 06:04:55 pm
      That is good news. Also makes me feel better for being against the kneejerk new defender bandwagon.

I don't think Mick was trying to start a new defender bandwagon mate. Just trying to point out that injuries can happen at any time and usually when and where you are weakest. You need a strong squad and while you may think it is strong enough........ most don't.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #408: Jan 05, 2014 06:05:13 pm

It was a risk but we're through and hopefully Dagger will be fit for the next game rather than out for a month.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing when it works in our favour  ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #409: Jan 05, 2014 06:06:44 pm
      Surely coming off with a suspected hamstring which turns out to be a 'cramp' is better than staying on believing it to be cramp and making a hamstring problem worse ?

If he and our physio's can't tell the difference between cramp in his calf and a hamstring we have problems mate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #410: Jan 05, 2014 06:07:52 pm
      he would have knew it was cramp. I've felt both when playing at a youth level around 10 years ago. They feel nothing alike. Once you get it in sometimes it is better to come off because it keeps coming back until you rest it. It can be a liability for instance,  if he got it while he had the ball he could lose the ball in a dangerous area.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #411: Jan 05, 2014 06:12:09 pm
      he would have knew it was cramp. I've felt both when playing at a youth level around 10 years ago. They feel nothing alike. Once you get it in sometimes it is better to come off because it keeps coming back until you rest it. It can be a liability for instance,  if he got it while he had the ball he could lose the ball in a dangerous area.

In the good ol' days when men were men and sheep trembled at the sound of a zipper we would have just stuck Agger up front to avoid that. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #412: Jan 05, 2014 06:15:44 pm
      In the good ol' days when men were men and sheep trembled at the sound of a zipper we would have just stuck Agger up front to avoid that. 

:lmao: :lmao:

But yeah, we would.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #413: Jan 05, 2014 06:15:44 pm

Dear oh dear.

Quick Reply