Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Liverpool 2-0 Oldham: In game and Post Match Cup Chat

Read 28783 times
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Oldham: In game and Post Match Cup Chat
      Reply #437: Jan 06, 2014 12:26:07 am
      Oldham fan got stabbed outside the ground at the final whistle. Shocking, wish him a speedy recovery.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fan-stabbed-after-liverpool-fc-6470084
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,529 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #438: Jan 06, 2014 08:03:40 am
      First of all, a word on the supporters at the game today. Truly embarrassing. If you go on the Kop with every intention to just F***ing sit on your F***ing hands all game, you can F**k off. Sick to death of being the only one in about 5 rows to be singing and to be looked at like I've just taken a sh*t on the pitch.

Totally agree. Took my godson on for the first time -he's 5. I was doing my best to get people going, singing as loud as I could, but it was pointless. And I could have given the person who tutted a right earful, had it not been for the young lad I took with me.
      If you don't want to join in, go and sit in the Main stand or the Centenary.
      When will people learn? You don't get a good atmosphere unless you add to it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #439: Jan 06, 2014 08:50:09 am
      Missed the game yesterday and the highlights as I had a lot on but just great to get through the tie and into the fourth round.

Hoepfully Aspas goal will give him a bit of confidence for teh coming weeks.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #440: Jan 06, 2014 09:21:08 am
      Good win yesterday decent goal from aspas about time, can't say i'm over the moon because the squad is pretty thin i think bringing in more players this month is a priority if we want top 4 and a cup run.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #441: Jan 06, 2014 09:27:59 am
      Went to the game yesterday, and I'm not joking when I say the highlight was watching the draw for the next round in the Sandon before the game!

We were so poor in the first half it was painful, in the second half up until Sterling missed the glaring chance to put the game to bed early we played some good stuff. But after that and until we went down to 10 men we stumbled over the line.

After his first couple of games the loan of Moses looked a good bit of business, however since then he's offering us nothing and the first half yesterday was by far his worst display in a red shirt. I'd like at this point to say I felt sorry for Alberto getting pulled along with Moses at half time. I can see why BR did so because of the shape of the team however on performance Gerrard have clearly been subbed ahead of Alberto.

There were far too many players yesterday going through the motions and put in some dire performances Moses, Agger (didn't seem to be able to find a red shirt with his passes), Gerrard, Aspas (although for me when Suarez came on he looked a whole better player).

On another point, loved the young lad (8-10 year old) sat behind me who put many fans to shame with his singing and also loved a couple of blokes nickname for Hendo (wobbly).
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #442: Jan 06, 2014 09:44:09 am
      Only watched the highlights and read a few reports from the lads who went to the game, but I think we showed our soft underbelly again yesterday. Brendan has got a pretty good first 11 and even a few good players who can challenge for a place in the team.....after that, the rest of our players are very average. 

Very disappointing to have to bring players off at half time against a lower league team, but credit to Brendan for having the balls to do what was needed to win the game, although I am not sure what that will do to Alberto's confidence....

We really do need some top quality players, hopefully without having to sell the players they replace in the team, but instead selling the peripheral players that aren't good enough now ..... AND NEVER WILL BE. Certainly if we get CL football next season we will need a much stronger squad and the best way to ensure we get CL football is to strengthen now rather than wait till the summer.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #443: Jan 06, 2014 11:01:24 am
      I saw the brief highlights on TV last night, a good cup run wouldn't go amiss. Perhaps the most realistic chance of a trophy this season, although priority must be to finish in the top four.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #444: Jan 06, 2014 12:16:31 pm
      Game is on LFCTV now
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #445: Jan 06, 2014 12:59:48 pm
      Good to read some of the reports from people who went.  As you know the game was only shown in Qatar!

I think the radio made us sound better than we actually were.  Not surprised to see Cissokho and Moses come in for some stick.  We had Nuri Sahin on loan and personally I thought the lad did well but his loan was cancelled in January.

Unfortunately our squad can't afford the luxury of getting rid of Cissokho and Moses.

Nice to see Sterling have a good game, although to be honest, he should against League One opposition.  I don't think the lad has the guile for the Premier League and like Morgan may find himself ending up at a Championship or lower club.

Also disappointing reading about Gerrard's performance.  I definitely think he takes some of the zip out of our play these days.  If Gerrard can't boss a midfield against a team facing League Two then...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #446: Jan 06, 2014 01:01:10 pm
      I saw the brief highlights on TV last night, a good cup run wouldn't go amiss. Perhaps the most realistic chance of a trophy this season, although priority must be to finish in the top four.

No European football and no League Cup.  We should certainly have enough in the tank to play a handful of FA Cup games.  Surely we have to at least make the last 16 of this trophy.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #447: Jan 06, 2014 01:08:38 pm

Also disappointing reading about Gerrard's performance.  I definitely think he takes some of the zip out of our play these days.  If Gerrard can't boss a midfield against a team facing League Two then...

I don't think he was poor, but then again I don't think he did anything any of our other midfielders could'nt have done. Watching the game back again now he did just seem to walk around when he gave the ball away, that is unacceptable no matter who you are. Henderson, Allen and Lucas would not do that. We all love him for what he has done but that is inexcusable for me. Especially when everyone around him is busting a gut to get back.

The biggest worry for me was that Cissokho who is a defender seemed to be unable to do defensive duties. Backing off when stood 5 yards from his man is not a good thing. Not knowing how to go up for a header, his positioning in general also. What would make you feel better about him would be knowing his attacking makes up for his defensive frailties but unfortunately I don't believe it does.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #448: Jan 06, 2014 01:10:25 pm
      I thought Aspas and Alberto showed some encouraging signs yesterday.

Moses was abject.

Sterling MOTM for me.

2-0. That'll do Red Men.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #449: Jan 06, 2014 01:18:51 pm
      I think the radio made us sound better than we actually were.

I don't know how radio football transmissions are in England, but here the radio always makes the game to sound a lot better and more exciting than it actually is!
      A funny exercise is to have the game on tv and turn on the radio. The ball might be near the halfway line but the commentator on the radio would have you think something amazing is about to happen! :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #450: Jan 06, 2014 01:25:00 pm
      Watching a rerun on lfctv don't think we played that badly not brilliantly but we did enough to win comfortably.

Was good to see Kelly getting a full game and seemingly come through it unscathed.  Difficult to say whether he's back to his best against lower division opposition but he didn't make any glaring mistakes and was getting up and down the line well.

Also good to see Aspas in his favoured position and although he didn't set the world alight he scored his first goal and was busy all game.  Hopefully it gives him the confidence to contribute in future.

Overall happy we're through, we've got lower league opposition in the next round although it's an away game it still gives us the chance to have a look at some fringe players away from the melting pot of CL qualification games.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #451: Jan 06, 2014 01:25:19 pm
      I thought Aspas and Alberto showed some encouraging signs yesterday.

Moses was abject.

Sterling MOTM for me.

2-0. That'll do Red Men.

Indeed it will mate, unbelievably some head the ball on this very forum was comparing Moses with Sterling!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #452: Jan 06, 2014 01:31:55 pm
      Indeed it will mate, unbelievably some head the ball on this very forum was comparing Moses with Sterling!!

Christ.
      Really?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #453: Jan 06, 2014 01:55:05 pm

Oh aye, check it out in the Victor Moses thread from DanMann whatever, actually states Moses played better than Sterling!!
      I kid you not.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,724 posts | 880 
      Reply #454: Jan 06, 2014 02:04:12 pm
      Oh aye, check it out in the Victor Moses thread from DanMann whatever, actually states Moses played better than Sterling!!
      I kid you not.

Wake up and read.

I said first half.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #455: Jan 06, 2014 02:08:37 pm
      Wake up and read.

I said first half.

I made no mention of any time scale but stated that you indicated Moses played better than Sterling, they are the facts that are described.
      It appears you need to contact your optician and/or leave the skunk alone.   
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #456: Jan 06, 2014 02:11:50 pm
      Wake up and read.

I said first half.

Be hard for him to have a good 2nd half when he'd been subbed off at half time for being sh**e.  For a full International and African Player of the Year 2012 he didn't exactly rip it up despite playing against League 1 opposition.  Chelsea are welcome to him.
      DanMann

• 5,724 posts | 880 
      Reply #457: Jan 06, 2014 02:15:24 pm
      Be hard for him to have a good 2nd half when he'd been subbed off at half time for being sh**e.  For a full International and African Player of the Year 2012 he didn't exactly rip it up despite playing against League 1 opposition.  Chelsea are welcome to him.

Deb, try to understand. I compared Moses' first half with Sterling's first half.

Simple. Have a look back in this thread, and you'll see Paul describe Sterling's first half as "average". He wasn't great was he? Much better in the 2nd.

Anyway, that was yesterday. Now I've jumped on the bandwagon and will proclaim that no matter what Moses does, he should go back to Chelsea.  :roll:
      DanMann

• 5,724 posts | 880 
      Reply #458: Jan 06, 2014 02:23:30 pm
      I made no mention of any time scale but stated that you indicated Moses played better than Sterling, they are the facts that are described.
      It appears you need to contact your optician and/or leave the skunk alone.

You didn't mention that though did you.  ;D

Funny man. Why bring up the topic now anyway? Looks like you just want to have a moan. Or a wind up?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #459: Jan 06, 2014 02:28:10 pm
      Deb, try to understand. I compared Moses' first half with Sterling's first half.

Simple. Have a look back in this thread, and you'll see Paul describe Sterling's first half as "average". He wasn't great was he? Much better in the 2nd.

He was F***ing great in the second half sat on the bench as he was.

Anyway, that was yesterday. Now I've jumped on the bandwagon and will proclaim that no matter what Moses does, he should go back to Chelsea.  :roll:

What F***ing bandwagon?!?!
      He was given time and the opportunity to prove his worth to LFC, he failed on all counts, the consensus now is get shut and replace him with quality. 

Quick Reply