Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Old Liverpool Pictures

Read 65909 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Old Liverpool Pictures
      Reply #46: Jan 15, 2014 10:37:02 pm

Toxteth, July 81
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #47: Jan 15, 2014 10:44:02 pm

The Royal Court 1947
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #48: Jan 15, 2014 10:48:04 pm

Boss photie that, proper ghost town!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #49: Jan 15, 2014 10:48:32 pm

Pre War, St Lukes.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #50: Jan 15, 2014 10:55:20 pm

The old Overhead Railway through the Strand.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #51: Jan 15, 2014 11:11:17 pm

September Road , Tuebrook 1910.. a better pic than previous post.. our house was number 3 (just on the left by gaslight post).
      Many amazing memories from growing up in and around this area.. 8)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #52: Jan 15, 2014 11:23:47 pm

Toxteth July 4/5 1981

Yea.. when you look at the Rozzers uniforms back then compared to these days they where Lambs to the Slaughter...shitty little plastic shields !!  a baton and a pair of air wear..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #53: Jan 16, 2014 06:39:36 am
      There was all kinds of carrying on when that bank was fired, it was the only one around there and essential to the community.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #54: Jan 16, 2014 12:59:23 pm

To be honest the façade of St Lukes doesn't look dramatically different today, we call it the bombed out church but in fact it was an incendiary bomb meant to burn out and not directly destroy the  structure of the building. There's more structural damage been done by the vandals than the Lufttwaffe.
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #55: Jan 16, 2014 01:05:31 pm
      Sends shivers down my spine this picture, Victorian Sefton Park. Something about it is proper creepy.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #56: Jan 16, 2014 02:29:08 pm
      Cricket on Lime Street.. Thats a bit odd !!

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #57: Jan 16, 2014 07:06:08 pm

Yep he sure did Jimsouse67.
      He served me in there a few times and used to mumble under his breath or make some camp comment about the obscure Reggae or Blues album I was buying trying to convince me his Nightmares in Wax offering was better... but I suppose he was part of the whole Probe records experience and without him the place wouldn't have been the same..He's a right weirdo now :laugh: :f_whistle:
      You're right again mate, Back Tracks was next door, to the right.. another cool place to root through the wooden beer crates and find a rare 7' or two.. then along came the cassette tape !! :roll: ha ha.
      The Lincoln's Inn Rock Bar up the side street to the left on the same block...Newky Brown nights a plenty !! ;D

Cheers for clarifying that mate,I do remember one of his outfits looked like something he got from a buffalo complete with this mad arse brown fur hat that he must have got from Davy Crockets grave ;D.
      Yes back tracks was a quality second hand record shop,I remember hearing it was closing down so pulled a sicky from work  and went down a few days before it closed as there was a few posters I wanted off the ceiling,the guy said I could have them for nothing if I could get them down ,so ran over the road to the hairdressers to borrow a set of ladders that they luckily had.still have the posters to this day.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #58: Jan 16, 2014 10:11:35 pm
      Churchill visits Liverpool after the May Blitz 1941
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #59: Jan 16, 2014 10:21:06 pm
      Cheers for clarifying that mate,I do remember one of his outfits looked like something he got from a buffalo complete with this mad arse brown fur hat that he must have got from Davy Crockets grave ;D.
      Yes back tracks was a quality second hand record shop,I remember hearing it was closing down so pulled a sicky from work  and went down a few days before it closed as there was a few posters I wanted off the ceiling,the guy said I could have them for nothing if I could get them down ,so ran over the road to the hairdressers to borrow a set of ladders that they luckily had.still have the posters to this day.

Thats right mate he looked like Adam Ants cousin..I remember he had a freaky coloured contact lens in one eye as well.. proper odd ball.
      Quick thinking there mate with getting them posters off the ceiling.. nice one ;D..what posters were they?..prob worth a few bob now?
      Do you remember the actual Probe paper record bags you got your new album in?...I've still got one of those in my folks attic back home..I remember buying couple o picture discs from Back Tracks..still got those too.. Blondie - Picture this and The Cars - Best friends Girl.. loads o coloured vinyl 7' too..
      Good times mate !! 8)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #60: Feb 05, 2014 08:38:22 pm
      Remember this?..great Photo... Pretty certain this is after he scored the winner against St Etienne.. could be wrong but judging by the utter carnage in the Main stand it looks like to me..what a night.. :)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #61: Feb 05, 2014 08:48:06 pm
      Boys Pen...match day 8).... 35p !!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #62: Feb 06, 2014 06:30:57 am
      It cost my old man an old sixpence (tanner) for me  when I first went into the Boys Pen in Kemlyn  Road. When they moved the pen into the back corner of the Kop it cost 9 pennies in old  money. From memory I think it was one and six to get into the ground when the pen was moved to the Kop. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Feb 06, 2014 03:31:07 pm
      Remember this?..great Photo... Pretty certain this is after he scored the winner against St Etienne.. could be wrong but judging by the utter carnage in the Main stand it looks like to me..what a night.. :)

a mate of mine took his wife to that match. Afterwards he said he wouldn't take her to another match what was the point after witnessing that it would never be as exciting
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #64: Feb 06, 2014 03:32:09 pm
      It cost my old man an old sixpence (tanner) for me  when I first went into the Boys Pen in Kemlyn  Road. When they moved the pen into the back corner of the Kop it cost 9 pennies in old  money. From memory I think it was one and six to get into the ground when the pen was moved to the Kop. 

your lucky I used to get catapulted through the turnstiles in the Paddock so me dad didn't have to pay.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #65: Feb 06, 2014 03:41:58 pm
      I remember the flyover being built on queens drive.They knocked down the worlds best lemonade shop next to the baths .....bas**rds. Never tasted dandielion and burdoch as good since.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #66: Feb 06, 2014 07:30:39 pm
      The Boss helps clear the snow before a game..

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #67: Feb 06, 2014 08:20:40 pm
      your lucky I used to get catapulted through the turnstiles in the Paddock so me dad didn't have to pay.

:lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: Feb 09, 2014 11:41:25 am
      Some absolute superb pics in here folks. Many thanks for posting. Keep them coming!

Quick Reply