Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Stoke

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (0.7%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      11 (7.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      44 (29.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      76 (50.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      16 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: Jan 17, 2014 06:30:29 pm

Stoke 3-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delightful Relief

Read 39243 times
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Re: Stoke 3-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delightful Relief
      Reply #782: Jan 14, 2014 12:35:10 am
      West Bromwich Albion
      Fulham
      Southampton
      Manchester United
      Cardiff
      West Ham
      Norwich
      Crystal Palace

Remaining away games.
      Anyone scary in there ? No.

haha..

every game is a scary game until 3 pts are in the bag :D

BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #783: Jan 14, 2014 08:25:13 am
      thought for the Stoke keeper! first full prem debut. Either going to have a blinder against us as most do, glad he didn't have that blinder, weather couldn't have helped him too as he was also not used to playing in a cold, wet, noisy brittania. Lady Luck keep shining on us baby.  :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #784: Jan 14, 2014 08:37:26 am
      thought for the Stoke keeper! first full prem debut. Either going to have a blinder against us as most do, glad he didn't have that blinder, weather couldn't have helped him too as he was also not used to playing in a cold, wet, noisy brittania. Lady Luck keep shining on us baby.  :D

Nothing to do with luck buddy we just outplayed them........!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #785: Jan 14, 2014 03:29:15 pm
      Louis post match comments," it's more important we finish in the top 4 "  Well yes it is, but what if we failed to ? Is that a Louis ultimatum. Perhaps thats a sign Mr Henry needs to get his wallet out this Jan.

If you are referring to Luis Suarez' post-match comment of course it was an ultimatum, it was ignored of course very conveniently by the person whose ears it was meant for, it is all going to plan for JWH - Luis got reformed and is predictably playing like a man possessed. His value has quadrupled(+) do you think our owner is losing any sleep about Luis Suarez ultimatums?
      He won't invest his own money in LFC but he sure as hell wouldn't be averse to the odd million or two in the way of a dividend.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #786: Jan 14, 2014 03:36:13 pm

He won't invest his own money in LFC but he sure as hell wouldn't be averse to the odd million or two in the way of a dividend.
      OPM

I find it extremely hard to believe that you wouldn't act in the same manner where you in his shoes. But I guess you are cut from a higher quality moral cloth than most eh? ;)
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #787: Jan 14, 2014 03:52:27 pm
      Mr Henry comes across as a very intelligent man and speaks with wise words but it's clear to see he is more interested in his sh*t American Baseball team. During his conference in the link above, speaking about Liverpool he could not stop mentioning the Red Sox and this supposed big rivalry between them and the Yankees which only people in the States tune in to watch which us couldn't give two fucks about. Also this connection between Red Sox fans and Liverpool supporters?  :lmao: What was he smoking over there in Boston? There never will be a connection, because we couldn't give a sh*t about Baseball infact any American sport. Well I don't anyway.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #788: Jan 14, 2014 04:02:52 pm
      OPM

I find it extremely hard to believe that you wouldn't act in the same manner where you in his shoes. But I guess you are cut from a higher quality moral cloth than most eh? ;)

On the contrary I like a great many people I know would feel ill at ease with any undeserved award, moreso if it was for a perceived unfulfilled service.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #789: Jan 14, 2014 04:59:05 pm
      Mr Henry comes across as a very intelligent man and speaks with wise words but it's clear to see he is more interested in his sh*t American Baseball team. During his conference in the link above, speaking about Liverpool he could not stop mentioning the Red Sox and this supposed big rivalry between them and the Yankees which only people in the States tune in to watch which us couldn't give two fucks about. Also this connection between Red Sox fans and Liverpool supporters?  :lmao: What was he smoking over there in Boston? There never will be a connection, because we couldn't give a sh*t about Baseball infact any American sport. Well I don't anyway.

I don't think he intended for you to "care" about the Red Sox or their rivalry with the Yankees. I believe the analogy was one used to help describe to the people in attendance (Americans, Bostonians specifically) why he bought LFC. Those people don't understand the rivalry between us and the scum so the best way for him to help them understand was to liken it to the Red Sox and Yankees rivalry...which is actually quite similar in many ways to our rivalry with the Mancs. Had he been talking to a room full of LFC supporters...likely he wouldn't worry too much about framing the Reds vs. Mancs rivalry as we'd already understand it fully.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #790: Jan 14, 2014 10:59:19 pm
      Perhaps we ought to take a bit more interest in the Red Sox. I personally couldn't give a toss about the sport, but while they are wining, and on top of the pile, perhaps they will warrant less investment. That can only mean more investment in JWH's second sport. Liverpool F. C. Soccer team, Eh ?
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #791: Jan 15, 2014 12:51:59 am
      Mr Henry comes across as a very intelligent man and speaks with wise words but it's clear to see he is more interested in his sh*t American Baseball team.

Also this connection between Red Sox fans and Liverpool supporters?  :lmao: What was he smoking over there in Boston? There never will be a connection, because we couldn't give a sh*t about Baseball infact any American sport. Well I don't anyway.

Well you can f*ck right off buddy.

FL Red you've got a valid point but it would be nice if some of the more presumptuous posters didn't ignorantly assert that all Americans are oblivious to all things football(soccer). After all there ARE over 330 million of us... And some are bound to know something about the mighty reds.

YNWA
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #792: Jan 15, 2014 05:10:27 am

FL Red you've got a valid point but it would be nice if some of the more presumptuous posters didn't ignorantly assert that all Americans are oblivious to all things football(soccer). After all there ARE over 330 million of us... And some are bound to know something about the mighty reds.

YNWA

agree.

dont forget too, the wealthiest sports league in the world in terms of revenue is american football.  This sport played really only in one country generates so much cash.  N.A. really is a blue ocean when it comes to football.  Along with Asia, Henry and LFC is doing it right by tapping into this market...plus alot of true sport fans are kind of the same... the first team you get exposed to personally could end up being the team you cheer for all your life.    That is a ton of new potential revenue for our beloved LFC. 

BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #793: Jan 15, 2014 06:18:36 am
      D
      Nothing to do with luck buddy we just outplayed them........!

Totally agree, but there was luck going for us left, right and centre in this match. Soft pen, a defensive cock up for the Suarez goal (keeper had a part to play in this), Gerrard OG fantastically saved, Skertel still getting away with WWE.  you're right tho, we did outplay them too and was impressed with our overall performance.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #794: Jan 15, 2014 08:07:21 am
      Skertel still getting away with WWE.

I must admit that Skrtel worries me with his antics in the goal area, If he does not keep his arms to himself he could cost us dearly in some future match.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #795: Jan 15, 2014 10:35:31 am

YNWA

I've got a point though like it or not.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #796: Jan 15, 2014 01:48:56 pm
      I've got a point though like it or not.

I struggled to find one in what you posted, other than LFC supporters don't care about the Red Sox...and I'm not sure how that's relevant since he wasn't addressing LFC supporters to start with.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #797: Jan 15, 2014 02:10:23 pm
      I struggled to find one in what you posted, other than LFC supporters don't care about the Red Sox...and I'm not sure how that's relevant since he wasn't addressing LFC supporters to start with.

It is relevant because he is the owner of Liverpool FC. Like many LFC supporters I have no interest in baseball , but I do have an interest in what our owners say and do.

Not knocking Americans or baseball mate (although baseball is one sport that makes cricket seem exciting :)
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #798: Jan 15, 2014 02:14:32 pm
      It is relevant because he is the owner of Liverpool FC. Like many LFC supporters I have no interest in baseball , but I do have an interest in what our owners say and do.

Not knocking Americans or baseball mate (although baseball is one sport that makes cricket seem exciting :) )

Exactly mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #799: Jan 15, 2014 02:22:22 pm
      I don't have an interest in everything they say or do, only care about what they say concerning our club. I couldn't care less what they say about the Red Sox just as I'm sure that Red Sox fans don't really care what they say about LFC.

Not knocking Americans or baseball mate (although baseball is one sport that makes cricket seem exciting :)
      You can knock baseball all you want....it's a horrible sport.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #800: Jan 15, 2014 02:27:36 pm
      You can knock baseball all you want....it's a horrible sport.

Typical American, you try to take the fun out of everything :(

:)

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #801: Jan 15, 2014 03:23:06 pm
      Typical American, you try to take the fun out of everything :(

:)

You can knock Americans too....horrible lot they are.....
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #802: Jan 15, 2014 03:59:59 pm
      You can knock Americans too....horrible lot they are.....

Finally we agree on something :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #803: Jan 15, 2014 04:08:35 pm
      On the contrary I like a great many people I know would feel ill at ease with any undeserved award, moreso if it was for a perceived unfulfilled service.

Don't worry Stuey, I think the chances of you ever being in John Henry's position of owning a football club are very very small.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #804: Jan 15, 2014 04:14:18 pm

Hmm but there is a link between Boston and Liverpool isn't here in the shared ancestory, Ireland. I'd also say that the people of Boston have a fairly similar mind set to Scousers. Boston is my favourite city in the US, although Chicago wasn't to far behind.

Quick Reply