Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Stoke

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (0.7%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      11 (7.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      44 (29.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      76 (50.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      16 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: Jan 17, 2014 06:30:29 pm

Stoke 3-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delightful Relief

Read 39280 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Re: Stoke 3-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delightful Relief
      Reply #805: Jan 15, 2014 04:47:57 pm
      Hmm but there is a link between Boston and Liverpool isn't here in the shared ancestory, Ireland. I'd also say that the people of Boston have a fairly similar mind set to Scousers. Boston is my favourite city in the US, although Chicago wasn't to far behind.

Chicago is a truly horrible place, Boston I can see why people would like it, but still too big for me. Of course I generally despise the larger metropolitan areas. Once you get above about 750,000 people, I'm ready to move on. Give me a nice small island with a nice beach and warm breezes.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #806: Jan 15, 2014 04:54:32 pm
      Hmm but there is a link between Boston and Liverpool isn't here in the shared ancestory, Ireland. I'd also say that the people of Boston have a fairly similar mind set to Scousers. Boston is my favourite city in the US, although Chicago wasn't to far behind.

More so than most will recognize, and it's a fantastic place to be.

You'll never hear me banging on about how great baseball is because it just doesn't excite me like it did when I was a kid. But I did live (and to an extent still do) through a very exciting time in Boston sports history. FSG's track record has few critics in baseball for a reason, and I was one happy boy when they bought my beloved club across the Atlantic.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #807: Jan 15, 2014 05:13:23 pm
      Mr Henry comes across as a very intelligent man and speaks with wise words but it's clear to see he is more interested in his sh*t American Baseball team. During his conference in the link above, speaking about Liverpool he could not stop mentioning the Red Sox and this supposed big rivalry between them and the Yankees which only people in the States tune in to watch which us couldn't give two fucks about. Also this connection between Red Sox fans and Liverpool supporters?  :lmao: What was he smoking over there in Boston? There never will be a connection, because we couldn't give a sh*t about Baseball infact any American sport. Well I don't anyway.

He was speaking in Boston to the Boston Chamber of Commerce.
      Duh.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #808: Jan 15, 2014 05:51:56 pm
      He was speaking in Boston to the Boston Chamber of Commerce.
      Duh.

No sh*t Sherlock.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #809: Jan 15, 2014 05:57:22 pm
      Chicago is a truly horrible place, Boston I can see why people would like it, but still too big for me. Of course I generally despise the larger metropolitan areas. Once you get above about 750,000 people, I'm ready to move on. Give me a nice small island with a nice beach and warm breezes.

Palm Island Caribbean.
      A boat ride over from Union Island.
      Union Island with an outside toilet shed for a customs post.
      A runway with pot holes and dead 707s pushed off to the side.

Ah yes FL.

Im back there.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #810: Jan 15, 2014 05:59:15 pm
      Don't worry Stuey, I think the chances of you ever being in John Henry's position of owning a football club are very very small.

It could be that your grasp of the English language is not what it should be or you are overly presumptuous, either way I would be indebted if you could indicate to me where I claim to aspire in any way to the position of JWH.
      Of course it may very well be that you are of the opinion that the conduct of the man and his company are beyond scrutiny and do not bear enquiry, if that is so the English language is far from your only challenge.   
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #811: Jan 15, 2014 06:02:22 pm
      It could be that your grasp of the English language is not what it should be or you are overly presumptuous, either way I would be indebted if you could indicate to me where I claim to aspire in any way to the position of JWH.
      Of course it may very well be that you are of the opinion that the conduct of the man and his company are beyond scrutiny and do not bear enquiry, if that is so the English language is far from your only challenge.   

:lmao:

Brilliant.

You crack me up Stu.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #812: Jan 15, 2014 06:27:57 pm

To quote the great move Blazing Saddles.......you use your tongue prettier than a $20 whore.....
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #813: Jan 15, 2014 06:37:28 pm

Well put stuey and not a word of scouse in your reply, not bad for a kid who grew up in Walton. cheers. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #814: Jan 15, 2014 06:56:51 pm
      Well put stuey and not a word of scouse in your reply, not bad for a kid who grew up in Walton. cheers. 

It's only in the the written word Billy lad, you know what they say 'you can take the man out of Walton but no one gets out of Walton jail'.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #815: Jan 15, 2014 07:03:47 pm
      It's only in the the written word Billy lad, you know what they say 'you can take the man out of Walton but no one gets out of Walton jail'.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #816: Jan 15, 2014 09:13:24 pm

You crack me up bud...you are a walking thesaurus, my friend.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #817: Jan 15, 2014 09:22:10 pm
      You crack me up bud...you are a walking thesaurus, my friend.

Who's this thesaurus lad Ian?  ;) ;D
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2014 10:08:50 pm by stuey »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #818: Jan 15, 2014 09:36:16 pm

Not sure if you are taking the piss this time mate as there's no smiley face but .....

;)

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #819: Jan 15, 2014 10:07:12 pm
      Not sure if you are taking the piss this time mate as there's no smiley face but .....

;)

Of course he is taking the piss.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #820: Jan 15, 2014 10:16:07 pm

;)

Forgot the smileys Ian, take the piss??? Would I take the piss out of you mate?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #821: Jan 15, 2014 10:42:33 pm
       :D

Damn and I took 3 minutes to get that photo sorted.  ;)

Quick Reply