Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

The Official "What Are They Doing Now!?" FA Thread

Read 2548 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      The Official "What Are They Doing Now!?" FA Thread
      Dec 30, 2013 11:52:14 am
      Thought it would be handy to have one rant-injected thread concerning the FA and their stooges

Utterly devoid of common sense and the courage to make the big decisions in football. A bunch of clueless ignorant cowardly corrupt fascist dinosaurs who are only in it for the money.

Allegedly
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: The Official "What Are They Doing Now!?" FA Thread
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2013 12:37:28 pm
      There are a number of incidents to analyse.

Whether these poor decisions are a result of corruption or genuinely bad refereeing, I do not know. What I do know, is that these decisions are actually ruining the beautiful game and have already influenced the league table.

Let's start with West Brom who were wrongly cheated of all three points. That is one extra point to Chelsea. Or what about at the Emirates, when Walcott was fouled in the penalty area? Possibly an extra point won for Mourinho. Then last night against us, where Eto'o made no intentions to play the ball and took out Luis Suarez again inside the box. That's an extra two points for Chelsea there.

Already I see four points gained from poor refereeing decisions (assuming opponents score penalties).

Arsenal and Liverpool were again both subject to poor refereeing decisions, this time against City at the Etihad whereby both Walcott and Sterling were ruled offside for what would have been crucial goals.

It speaks volumes what Arsenal are currently achieving despite all the bad decisions. With that said, they haven't suffered as many bad decisions as we have. We had a goal ruled out against Arsenal because we took a quick free kick. Mirallas was only given a yellow card for potential a career threatening challenge. Manchester City were lucky to have a linesman and a referee who couldn't do their job. Lescott clearly fouled Suarez inside the box (therefore penalty), and Sterlings ruled offside goal was actually 3 yards onside. Eto'o fouls Suarez in the penalty area, as did John Terry a few moments earlier.

When are we going to finally see some justice?

It's either corruption or intimidation. Howard Webb can't be that incompetent from 5 yards away - he was looking straight at the incident!

There would be nothing greater but to see the likes of City, Utd, and Chelsea all found guilty of match fixing. Send them to the football League one!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2013 01:11:12 pm
      I think that's the bigger issue here, namely, what can be done about poor refereeing and/or corruption?

Football is a multi-billion business nowadays, and where there's money, there's money grabbing parasites. Only a few weeks ago, one defender was called out for receiving a £70k bribe to influence a match.

Perhaps the referees need extra help, another pair of eyes,

Perhaps managers can get 3 time outs per game where they can stop the game and challenge a 'big' call during the match. Video evidence can then be used to have another look at that Mirallas tackle, or that Suarez goal against Everton called offside, or the Eto'o tackle, or the City offside. Why do I say 3 time outs and not just one or two, because guaranteed if you only had the one time out, then there's nothing stopping the corrupt involved from making a blatantly stupid decision, just to use up that one and only time out. Ok so the game probably goes on for about an extra 20 minutes to half an hour, but surely if we're getting fair calls that's a small price to pay.

Sorry, bit of a ramble there, but you get my point
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2013 01:30:22 pm
      Howard Webb might have an agenda (being a former south Yorkshire copper and Yorkshire police closing ranks since Hillsborough) but if you look at his performances, he's actually quite consistent in not giving these. I mean, if you can't get sent off in the World Cup final for a Kung Fu kick, just what can you get sent off for? How this guy is our top referee I will never know.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2013 01:44:30 pm
      Corrupt. Isn't it a coincidence going into the game United are 2 points behind us then Eto'o the scumbag deliberately fouls Suarez in the box with both Webb and the linesman with plain view of it, a point would of took us 3 points ahead of United.

F***ing hate the officials in this county, those on here who won't blame the officials obviously didn't watch the game. Clear foul, in the box, should of had a penalty and came home with a point. Eto'o shouldn't of even been on the pitch after his tackle on Hendo. Load of bollocks. 
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2013 02:52:43 pm
      A bunch of clueless ignorant cowardly corrupt fascist dinosaurs who are only in it for the money.

I thought you were talking about politicians here. ;)

My 5 penneth, for what its worth.

I thought the OP was about the FA and the way they lord it over everyone and are accountable to no-one. That I fully agree on, they are jumped up nobodies trying to make as much money as they can, either for themselves or for the FA plc. They should have ALL footballing decisions taken out of their hands and a fully impartial body should be looking at match decisions, bans, fines etc. The FA should be looking after what they are supposed to be there for, the business that is English football, nothing else.

As for some big conspiracy against us, against Arsenal, against anyone else during games, that's just bullshit. I have no doubt the FA have their favorites (Man Utd for sure) and I know certain clubs get preferential treatment (Man Utd again). But one thing I am certain of...there's nobody anywhere telling Howard Webb not to give Suarez a penalty and, on the pitch, there is NO conspiracy.

Referees are human, humans make mistakes. They make mistakes that don't always make sense to us, even when they are 5 yards away looking straight at the incident. Thats football, theres no agendas going on, they do their best at what is an almost impossible job.
      As Rush said: Perhaps the referees need extra help, another pair of eyes, they get that, its called the fourth official, but it seems all he does is look back at stuff and then assess the ref after the game.
      However, I prefer to put up with mistakes and bad decisions than keep stopping the game to check if the ref got it right...football is a fluid game, you cant just keep stopping it to check things. Its always been the same and hopefully it stays that way.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2013 04:55:19 am
      Thought there was something fishy. (Stolen from FB)

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Dec 31, 2013 05:02:33 am
      Meh
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #8: Dec 31, 2013 06:24:25 am
      Most probably the PL refs standards is of the lowest in the whole continent. If they had refereed a match in Colombia, they would have become minced meat by now.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #9: Jan 13, 2014 04:54:10 pm
      Liverpool have been given more penalties than any other club in the Premiership
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Jan 13, 2014 05:02:24 pm

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh !!!!!!!!!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #11: Jan 13, 2014 10:53:11 pm

so what?

that doesnt mean anything.   mancity and us score more goals because we tend to shoot more.  you cant score if you dont shoot.  you cant get a pen call if you dont go wading into the 18. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2014 08:25:25 pm

That's cos we attack more than any other team in the prem  :P
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #13: Jan 14, 2014 08:36:00 pm

United have been booked for simulation more than any other club in the Premiership.  ;D

Quick Reply