Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Brad Smith (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 17866 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Brad Smith Player Thread
      Reply #23: Dec 11, 2015 12:17:13 pm
      Yep he looked good didn't he? In terms of actual delivery he'd be up there with Moreno already, although despite being fast he's nowhere near so quick as Alberto (not many are to be fair though). No idea what he's like defensively, but there's definitely a future for him in the game anyway.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #24: Dec 28, 2015 01:26:33 pm
      I think Brad will feature at some point in this holiday schedule frenzy. He's fast and has maybe the best delivery into the box on that left hand side. Needs to work more on his personal defensive duties, but he's still young and has time to work on that.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Jan 08, 2016 10:29:49 pm
      Good on the night, and took his goal like a poacher, first touch, bang.  Well done lad.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Jan 08, 2016 10:31:05 pm
      Good on the night, and took his goal like a poacher, first touch, bang.  Well done lad.

when you have a left foot as good as his you have to make the grade did you see how quickly he reacted only a left footer could do that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #27: Jan 08, 2016 11:30:00 pm
      He played well relatively compared to his team mates, he had plenty of opportunities to deliver a decent cross today something he is supposed to excel at, but unfortunately fell into the LFC trap.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Jan 09, 2016 12:16:24 am

Got quite a lot to offer in this team. Did well tonight. Solid throughout in a match that was hard to control and where the pitch was bloody awful. Developing well at this club.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #29: Jan 09, 2016 12:33:28 am
      hope he starts vs Arsenal!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Jan 09, 2016 05:41:53 am
      Until Ojo came on he seemed like the only one wanting to dribble the ball and get up the pitch. Quality taken goal, keep up the good work Brad.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #31: Jan 09, 2016 08:45:57 am
      My MoTM last night. Well done Brad, keep working hard lad.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Jan 09, 2016 10:27:16 am
      Well done Smith, can see many many more games for him this season.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #33: Jan 20, 2016 10:16:31 pm
      Would love to see Brad get some more first team minutes. Puts in such a lovely ball into the box.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: Jan 21, 2016 12:19:34 am
      Love everything about this lad, can't believe we nearly lost him for nothing. His performances have defo got to be giving Jürgen a nice dilemma at left back.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #35: Jan 21, 2016 03:45:13 am
      Love everything about this lad, can't believe we nearly lost him for nothing. His performances have defo got to be giving Jürgen a nice dilemma at left back.

Doubt it. We've still not seen him actually defend. In every game he's played we've been the much better side or in the case of Southampton game, we were several goals up and cruising.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2016 04:15:45 am

Doubt it. We've still not seen him actually defend. In every game he's played we've been the much better side or in the case of Southampton game, we were several goals up and cruising.

Much better side against Exeter away??? Hmmm don't agree with you there! He dug in that game when many went hiding and got up to score the equaliser.

For the record defending isn't Moreno's strong point so don't see why your so quick to dismiss it.

In Clyne, Flanno, Moreno and Smith (current fit fb's in squad) Jürgen has a good mix to be able to rotate and keep fresh, in a position that in modern football can be so physically demanding.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2016 04:27:58 am
      Much better side against Exeter away??? Hmmm don't agree with you there! He dug in that game when many went hiding and got up to score the equaliser.

For the record defending isn't Moreno's strong point so don't see why your so quick to dismiss it.

In Clyne, Flanno, Moreno and Smith (current fit fb's in squad) Jürgen has a good mix to be able to rotate and keep fresh, in a position that in modern football can be so physically demanding.

We had the better 11 players on the pitch against Exeter.

Moreno not being good defensively is total cliche. This season he's made no more mistakes than most other good full backs in the league. Last season it was definitely true, but he's been fine defensively this season.

I agree our fullback options do now look fine. I'd even throw Randall in there as I think he has been solid. Clyne and Moreno are comfortably our best options though and I think Moreno has the highest upside out of the lot of them.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #38: Jan 22, 2016 12:37:41 am
      Very encouraging from young Brad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39: Jan 22, 2016 01:06:08 am
      We had the better 11 players on the pitch against Exeter.

Moreno not being good defensively is total cliche. This season he's made no more mistakes than most other good full backs in the league. Last season it was definitely true, but he's been fine defensively this season.

I agree our fullback options do now look fine. I'd even throw Randall in there as I think he has been solid. Clyne and Moreno are comfortably our best options though and I think Moreno has the highest upside out of the lot of them.

Yeah I think the Moreno criticism is hyper sensitivity in all honesty. Ok, he isn't perfect and will make mistakes but there's more than enough to work on there. Sure he made some critical errors in some big games last season that I think hangs in the back of many people's minds but he's been solid this season I don't worry about when I see his name in the starting eleven.

That said, if Brad Smith continues to develop at the rate he's going it won't be long before we see him overtake Alberto.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #40: Jan 22, 2016 01:22:08 am
      Moreno is a top quality fullback in my opinion that looks poor at time due to those around him
      Yeah he has to improve defensively but feel the essence is there
      Smith reminds me of an old fashioned fullback who has been enlightened into coming forward and enjoys it 
      Not a bad selection problem of differences in my opinion
      Would love to see how Brad handles being in a Prem game...the norwich game is a good one to find out?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #41: Jan 22, 2016 04:51:51 am
      Moreno is a top quality fullback in my opinion that looks poor at time due to those around him
      Yeah he has to improve defensively but feel the essence is there
      Smith reminds me of an old fashioned fullback who has been enlightened into coming forward and enjoys it 
      Not a bad selection problem of differences in my opinion
      Would love to see how Brad handles being in a Prem game...the norwich game is a good one to find out?

No, the Norwich game is not a good one to find out IMO. Moreno will have had a week off, he should play. If we get into a situation where we are playing 3 important fixtures in a week, throw him in one of those rather than giving Moreno all 3. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Yeah I think the Moreno criticism is hyper sensitivity in all honesty. Ok, he isn't perfect and will make mistakes but there's more than enough to work on there. Sure he made some critical errors in some big games last season that I think hangs in the back of many people's minds but he's been solid this season I don't worry about when I see his name in the starting eleven.

That said, if Brad Smith continues to develop at the rate he's going it won't be long before we see him overtake Alberto.

This season he's been quite consistent IMO. I've made the argument before, but I think Clyne and Moreno have been perhaps the two most consistent players in our side. 95% of the time they're performing somewhere between 6/10 and 8/10. Very rare is it for them to fall below that or go above that.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #42: Feb 01, 2016 02:09:27 am
      Solid performance again by the lad, this time against a stronger oppo. He's done nothing wrong when he's been called upon by the gaffer, and I know many will disagree as previously stated above but he's better defensively than Moreno. I'm loving this competition between the 2 as hopefully it will push Moreno to improve on his weaknesses. Keep up the good work Brad lad.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #43: Feb 10, 2016 01:48:51 pm
      I saw quite a few people championing young Bradley in the match thread, and I must say that I'm a bit confused by it.  While he was far from terrible, I thought he ultimately brought the same type of performance we typically get from Alberto, minus the pace, stamina, and shitty haircut of the Spaniard....

He did get forward well in the 1st half and he created some decent chances with crosses and balls into the box.  However, after every attack broke down West Ham were always quick to counter down their right and Brad was caught out of position on numerous occasions and lacked the pace to catch up with play.  When he seemed to tire in the 2nd half, his forays forward reduced drastically and he started getting skinned in 1v1 situations against Antonio. 

At the end of the day, it was an industrious performance from young Bradley, but the same flaws that plague Moreno's game (poor positioning, too attack minded, not good enough 1v1, etc) are also apparent in Smith's.... 

Honestly, after almost 2 full years on the sidelines Flano already looks the best fullback at the club again!!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #44: Feb 11, 2016 04:09:05 am
      Think smith has done enough to certainly push Moreno and possibly take his place BUT I would still rather flanno at left back over either of them
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Mar 09, 2016 09:59:11 am
      Just got a call up for the Aussie squad.

Quick Reply