Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Are Everton better than us?

Read 13601 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Are Everton better than us?
      Reply #161: Jan 29, 2014 01:40:38 am
      Haven't touched this thread because the answer is obvious but i don't get this post, JD;

Ask yourselves this.

If they had Luis Suarez and we didn't what would the table look like?

They don't, though. Likewise we don't have X player or Y player, either that could make us champions.

You have what you have and the players you have make you better or worse than another team. Hypothesising between clubs and players and who has who is just a very simple way of looking at things and unrealistic.

To answer the question in the OP, i would have to lean towards "no". 4 a while now i've read people say they're a decent team but 4 me i see 0 about them that would make me think that's true.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #162: Jan 29, 2014 02:31:59 am
      I hope not
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #163: Jan 29, 2014 03:15:17 am
      Dunno, but Bill Kenwright was on the pitch at the break, picking them up.

Shame that, nice gesture from Kenwright - pick out the fans who threw them, but don't fine the club.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #164: Jan 29, 2014 06:41:15 am
      Dunno, but Bill Kenwright was on the pitch at the break, picking them up.

Probably use the money to finance a new signing.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #165: Jan 29, 2014 06:47:18 am
      As Skip said in Brendan's thread, Martinez has had only 6 months in the job, Brendan has had 18 months and spent over £100m where Martinez has spent a negative £12.5m. When you compare those 2 stats there really should be no excuse for Brendan to finish below them and if we do he'll have no hiding place as it simply wont be acceptable given our lack of European football.

Huge game against them at Anfield coming up and ask yourself which team will have a clear vision going in of how they're going to play and how they're going to set up and which one might be going in experimenting, tweaking, having to play players out of position or trying to form new positions. You wouldn't actually think we were the ones who'd spent that £100m at the moment.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #166: Jan 29, 2014 10:46:29 am
      Em...........hell nah
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #167: Jan 29, 2014 10:47:58 am
      The grass is always greener on the other side... all of a sudden Martinez - a manager very few people wanted when linked to LFC - became a tactical mastermind (the 8-0 defeats at Wigan completely forgotten) and Brendan was just a "naive" manager... reality check. More faith in our guys, people.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #168: Jan 29, 2014 10:51:32 am
      The grass is always greener on the other side... all of a sudden Martinez - a manager very few people wanted when linked to LFC - became a tactical mastermind (the 8-0 defeats at Wigan completely forgotten) and Brendan was just a "naive" manager... reality check. More faith in our guys, people.

When I was reading this I had to keep going back to the beginning because the old Travis song just kept taking over the way I was reading it and trying to fit your words to the tune.

;D

The sentiment I fully agree with though Diego
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #169: Jan 29, 2014 11:11:24 am
      Like I said a few days ago.......... NO, simples :P
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #170: Jan 29, 2014 11:53:28 am

Given the choice between Martinez and Rodgers, I think everyone preferred Rodgers. Same now. I'm not at all convinced that he was ever offered the job properly, or that Rodgers was second choice and I agree, some of the F***ing drivel spouted on here is embarrassing.

As for Martinez at Wigan, his "nice football" allied with regular and worrying defensive collapses, were always a huge issue for me, and I thought would be a factor at Everton. So he has done a great job there so far (apart from last night, obv).
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #171: Jan 29, 2014 12:26:00 pm
      how funny is this post now :)

as a club and the supporters, i think it's fair to say and emphatic NO! NIET! NEIN! NON! never in a million years mhuhaha
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #172: Jan 29, 2014 12:52:28 pm
      :lmao:

No they're F***ing not.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #173: Jan 29, 2014 12:59:46 pm
      Hawkins1988
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #174: Jan 29, 2014 01:06:27 pm
      Everton have a great team no doubt, but they will never reach the pinicle of english football (top 4) if they sell there best player ie fellani rodwell rooney proberbly barkley in a season or two, we proved last night how are squad is stronger than theres, we both had injurys but liverpool coped better overall Liverpool have a stronger squad and will finish higher than the blue noses this year we will achieve top four IBWT
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #175: Jan 29, 2014 01:07:11 pm
      When I was reading this I had to keep going back to the beginning because the old Travis song just kept taking over the way I was reading it and trying to fit your words to the tune.

:lmao:

Given the choice between Martinez and Rodgers, I think everyone preferred Rodgers. Same now. I'm not at all convinced that he was ever offered the job properly, or that Rodgers was second choice and I agree, some of the f**king drivel spouted on here is embarrassing.

As for Martinez at Wigan, his "nice football" allied with regular and worrying defensive collapses, were always a huge issue for me, and I thought would be a factor at Everton. So he has done a great job there so far (apart from last night, obv).

Yeah, I agree Martinez is doing a great job for them, and I was actually one of the very few here who liked him when he was linked with the LFC job. He was never my favorite name for the post but I've been a fan of him for a while. Anyway, what shocked me this week was how people who not long ago were so completely against the idea of appointing him (he was just a sh*t manager from a sh*t club then, they said) talking about Martinez as if he was a tactical mastermind in comparison to our own 'tactically naive' manager. Same goes for the quality of the squad.

For me it was nothing but an example of how the grass is always greener on the other side... that is, how people often fail to give credit to what they have, as opposed to what others have.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #176: Jan 29, 2014 02:32:09 pm
      Who the F**k is Stones for Everton?  :D Proper sh*t him, worse than Aly and that is saying something!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #177: Jan 29, 2014 02:36:54 pm
      Quite simply no they are not, I was expecting the game yesterday to be much much tighter, but we were better in all areas. The only one of their players I like the look of is Barkley, I think he'll become an immense player.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #178: Jan 29, 2014 03:00:55 pm
      Nope.Never thought they were. And yesterday had nothing to do with it. The small club (Rafa! hehe) always see us as a "mini cup final" which shows in their performances.

Its conceivable that they COULD finish ahead of us. But its unlikely. Their aspirations are never top 4, whereas ours *should be*.

As a club, they are naturally top 5 to 8 or 9. We are one of the most successful of all time.
      As a team, they are ok, and have no glaring weakness. We are similar in perfomrance but with some world class. We do have some glaring weaknesses and could be improved more easily eg by midfield/defence/depth. A main weakness of ours is physicality eg away from home.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #179: Jan 29, 2014 06:58:09 pm
      Surely time to lock this topic, given last night's resounding result.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #180: Jan 29, 2014 07:06:02 pm
      Before this thread gets locked because of Everton getting turned over 4-0, I'd just like to point out that loanee LuCACKu is out for four weeks! Unlucky bitters you can still try and scrap out a Europa League place over Davey Moyesiahs Manchister Yernited  :lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #181: Jan 29, 2014 07:53:09 pm
      Topic Locked.

Continued discussion/laughter at the blues can continue in one of the other many relevant threads.

Quick Reply