Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Players out on loan. Good or Bad?

Read 4549 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Players out on loan. Good or Bad?
      Reply #23: Jan 27, 2014 12:17:21 pm
      Great post Debs.

Got some knowledge in there.

I don't know what day it is sometimes !  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24: Jan 27, 2014 12:55:55 pm
      I understand some of the negative comments about not previously doing well when loaning out our players but things have changed at the Academy since those days.

One of the reasons Rodolfo and MacParland were sacked was because they didn't believe in the loan system and one of Brendans first moves was to bring in Alex Inglewhite from Spurs who has a very good track record with it.  Since then we've seen a much more cohesive way of getting our youngsters out to Clubs prepared to give them regular playing time.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Jan 27, 2014 03:53:41 pm
      I'll start with the grade A decision of sending Pepe out on loan, whoever came up with that masterstroke needs to be castrated!! Should still be at the club and should still be our first choice.

Assaidi, probably done him good to go out on loan, he had a season with us where Rodgers would very rarely play him and in truth it leads you to highly question as to why we signed him if we aren't even going to play him. He's settled in at Stoke now though and is influencing games, certainly proving he knows how to find the net, against the top teams that is too!! Think him being able to adjust to the English came could lead him to become a good option to have when rotating the team or need that extra bit of flair off the bench, think he could certainly become of some good use to us but I get the feeling Rodgers still won't play him should he return to the club.

Borini, much like Assaidi, finding his feet well at Sunderland and although he struggled there at first he is really starting to come into his own, certainly becoming a lot more of a threat to the opposition. I don't think he would ever go on to become a top class player and certainly not good enough to compete with SAS but he'd provide better back up to the team than Aspas IMO. He showed towards the end of last season he can be effective coming off the bench, scored with one of his first touches in the 6-0 thrashing of Newcastle and hit the post in a following game I believe. Staying injury free is the key to Borini having any sort of future with us but whether we'd have benefited from not sending him out on loan this season I remain unsure.

Suso, done him the world of good and is having a real impact on La Liga, right up there at the top in terms of assists and is probably their most influential player. He done well for us last season when he played, I remember when we played the Mancs and he came on at half time, within a few minutes he either directly got the assist or was heavily involved in the build up to our goal. We may have benefited from not loaning him out this season but I think in the long term we will benefit a lot more by sending him out on loan for this season. He's growing into a very good player without the pressure on him that you could say Sterling has.

Illori, pointless signing thus far and why we are loaning him out to a foreign team after keeping him at Melwood for 6 months to adjust to English football is beyond me. Should have loaned him out to an English team, or better yet, actually given the lad a chance.

Other than these lads I haven't really looked out in too much detail at the others but given the fact they are youngster that appear to be nowhere near the first team set up it is certainly better for them if nothing else.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2014 04:19:55 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #26: Jan 27, 2014 04:18:16 pm
      Loaning out Borini may prove to be a master stroke. Doing well, and looking like he could actually do a thing or two for us when he gets back. Either that or he'll have raised his transfer value which Ayre will immediately pocket and then tell us we have no money for transfers.

Quick Reply