Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Bournemouth?

Brad Jones
      0 (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (1.2%)
      Martin Skrtel
      13 (15.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (2.4%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      5 (5.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      41 (48.2%)
      Victor Moses
      19 (22.4%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Jan 28, 2014 02:47:46 pm

Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Cup Match Discussion

Read 28217 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: LIVE: Bournemouth v Liverpool
      Reply #276: Jan 25, 2014 03:09:50 pm
      anybody who thinks Coutinho is overated isn't a Liverpool fan. Fergison was bashing our players before in his book, although you probably didn't know that since if you knew much about football,  which I'd assume you don't,  then you would not think Coutinho is overated.  One of my friends who is unfortunately an Arsenal fan and is very bias towards arsenal to the extent lee Dixon is even rates Coutinho. Mr Shankly summed it up. You don't really look to be a Liverpool fan with 23 posts saying Coutinho is overated.  Whatever team you do support, I'd assume if you were being honest you'd have him any day of the week.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Cup Match Discussion
      Reply #277: Jan 25, 2014 03:10:52 pm
      Its cause he runs from the hips and has to bend back when shooting.....Oh Wait that was pure bollix! He just bottled it!

Isn't that a disability recognised by sir bacon face and nobody else? Your comment is pure bollox by the way.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #278: Jan 25, 2014 03:18:13 pm
      coutinho very overrated offers very little apart from the odd through ball lightweight and goes missing far to often

That's why you'd get trampled underfoot if he were put up for sale.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #279: Jan 25, 2014 03:18:59 pm
      Job done. Played it in second gear before the derby and now an extra few hours rest over Everton as well.

Considering how poor we usually are against lower league teams it's hard not to be pleased about today as far as I'm concerned.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #280: Jan 25, 2014 03:19:03 pm
      We played like we were allowing Bournemouth to enjoy playing with gods.

The  Cissokho-bashing is ridiculous.

Victor was gonna be the MOTM but Sturridge just stole it.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #281: Jan 25, 2014 03:19:21 pm

Tomorrow after the Chav game.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #282: Jan 25, 2014 03:26:23 pm

Fixed that for you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #283: Jan 25, 2014 03:26:51 pm
      Sturridge motm for me, got his head down from the off and would have scored more if he wasn't played offside all day by defenders who could not handle him. 
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #284: Jan 25, 2014 03:31:06 pm
      At least Sturridge looked good, which is promising for Tuesday.

Gerrard and Henderson together in midfield gives me nightmares.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #285: Jan 25, 2014 03:33:38 pm
      We went down there, in difficult conditions on a gluepot pitch, but played a strong team, kept a clean sheet, and won fairly comfortably. Job done.

Now off to play the small club, who haven't won at our place for 15 years. Time to remind them who rules the roost in the city again.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #286: Jan 25, 2014 03:43:21 pm
      Took the stepson quad biking today for his eighth birthday ,sounds like the quad biking was a lot more fun than the game then .
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #287: Jan 25, 2014 03:46:34 pm

Ahhh, I see what you did there.  :D
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #288: Jan 25, 2014 04:02:52 pm
      Through. Clean sheet. Kelly played more minutes. Flanagan back. No injuries. Suarez and sturridge linked up well. Moses scored. Oh and did I mention united being rubbish?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #289: Jan 25, 2014 04:04:03 pm
      It was a decent result, we still had quite a few gears if we needed them, something which none of the commentators realised, but why let an excuse to stick the boot in to Liverpool pass you by.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #290: Jan 25, 2014 04:09:52 pm
      Well after putting my tele on for the first time in ages and watching the ITV coverage I can only say thank fk for streaming on the laptop where you can have an Argentinian commentator who sings when a team scores as opposed to the most one eyed, biased commentary/punditry that has ever been encountered...well since last year when we lost to Oldham.   I KNOW!!  OK?  None of this matters...they are always biased for the lower league teams and all the rest but the endless talk of the shirt pull incident {shirt pulling in the penalty box!? Whod have thought that EVER happened??)   The lack of discussion at the linesman Camp and his flagging Suarez offside when he was clean through and ONSIDE and the lack of the replay when they had half a chance thanks to the same linesman but their player looked a mile offside. Townsend gives their player the man of the match, Keane thinks our defence is awful and ignores the fact that we are missing a group of first team defenders {Sakho, Agger, Enrique, Johnson)  We were shaky in the first half but it was their cup final and once they ran out of steam we were far more dangerous....in the second half they were toothless but you would not have thought this if you watched ITV and took their pundits seriously. Honestly, complete arse gravy.   As for Adrian Chiles...well he is literally the worst man in the world.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #291: Jan 25, 2014 04:17:29 pm
      Isn't that a disability recognised by sir bacon face and nobody else? Your comment is pure bollox by the way.   

Read my post! I was slagging whiskey nose off with it. I did say "oh wait, that was pure bollix"!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #292: Jan 25, 2014 04:30:24 pm

Read my post! I was slagging whiskey nose off with it. I did say "oh wait, that was pure bollix"!

So you were.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #293: Jan 25, 2014 04:32:57 pm
      My team ratings:

Jones: Reminded us that however many mistakes Mignolet has made in the last few weeks, like Reina before him he has no serious competition. 5/10

Cissokho: This lad would make any back four in the country look dodgy, even Man City or Chelsea. Utterly utterly dreadful, I can't work out whether he is worse going forward or backwards. The worst player I have ever seen wearing a Liverpool shirt, and God knows that's saying something. Makes Nunez look like Messi, Dossena look like Maldini and Traore look like Dessaily. 0 out of 1 billion.

Skrtel: Not too bad under the circumstances, certainly can't fault his bravery. 7/10

Toure: Did Ok but does look more of a stop gap than a regular about to be established. 6/10

Kelly: Not really good enough if we're honest and lucky not to give away a penalty. Obviously better than Cissokho, but then so am I. 5/10

Henderson: At his brainlessly infuriating worst with the chance over the bar (how many times does he have to do that?) and occasionally wasteful in possession. Did though run around a lot which was handy because nobody else did. 6/10

Gerrard: Exposed once again by a two man midfield and dodgy fullbacks, thought he coped about as well as could be hoped under difficult circumstances. 6/10

Coutinho: Not his best day and often outmuscled. 5/10

Sturridge: Very greedy on one occasion in particular, but very classy on the ball. Great finish for the goal. 8/10

Moses: His best game in a red shoirt was God knows when, but this was his best game in a white shirt anyway. Always looked a threat and actually looked interested. If he maintains this aspect of his performance he would IMHO have a place in our squad (mind you so would anybody else who's actually still fit). Anyway I made him our MOM 8.5/10

Suarez: Not his best day but still better than most. 8/10

Sunstitutes.....

Flanaghan: Poor and off the pace when he came back into the fray but still managed to be the best full back we saw all day by miles. Here's hoping he's fit enough to replace Cissokho at left back on Tuesday night.

Sterling: Looked lively for the few minutes he was on.

Alberto: Not for the first time looked good enough to warrant the question why he doesn't get a bit more of a chance sometimes.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #294: Jan 25, 2014 04:33:10 pm
      we should be called "Luispool" there was another player who was so dominant in his era that the team was named after him also.what would we do without him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #295: Jan 25, 2014 04:35:40 pm
      Cissokho is so bad I started thinking how good our old friend Jimmy ~T, was it my imagination or can he not use either foot
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #296: Jan 25, 2014 04:37:12 pm
      we should be called "Luispool" there was another player who was so dominant in his era that the team was named after him also.what would we do without him.

I would be over the moon if he was half as loyal as Liddell.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #297: Jan 25, 2014 04:37:50 pm
      Cissokho is so bad I started thinking how good our old friend Jimmy ~T, was it my imagination or can he not use either foot

He's a rarity in that you can say his right foot is just as good as his left while keeping a straight face, and all the while not be actually praising the lad up.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #298: Jan 25, 2014 05:17:01 pm
      He's a rarity in that you can say his right foot is just as good as his left while keeping a straight face, and all the while not be actually praising the lad up.

Haha brilliant! I actually feel a bit sorry for the fella. I'm pretty sure he's that nervous that it's making him more nervous. Especially as he was only brought in to cover for Enrique!! Hopefully he'll have a rest soon.

Anyway. Typical FA Cup early round game for us. Made hard work of the first half but totally comfortable in the second. Not sure anyone really had a great game. But two goals, clean sheet and onto the next round. That'll do me.

Quick Reply