Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Bournemouth?

Brad Jones
      0 (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (1.2%)
      Martin Skrtel
      13 (15.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (2.4%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      5 (5.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      41 (48.2%)
      Victor Moses
      19 (22.4%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Jan 28, 2014 02:47:46 pm

Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Cup Match Discussion

Read 27968 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1635 
      Re: LIVE: Bournemouth v Liverpool
      Reply #299: Jan 25, 2014 05:27:02 pm
      anybody who thinks Coutinho is overated isn't a Liverpool fan. Fergison was bashing our players before in his book, although you probably didn't know that since if you knew much about football,  which I'd assume you don't,  then you would not think Coutinho is overated.  One of my friends who is unfortunately an Arsenal fan and is very bias towards arsenal to the extent lee Dixon is even rates Coutinho. Mr Shankly summed it up. You don't really look to be a Liverpool fan with 23 posts saying Coutinho is overated.  Whatever team you do support, I'd assume if you were being honest you'd have him any day of the week.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Cup Match Discussion
      Reply #300: Jan 25, 2014 06:02:18 pm
      There's a possibility we could draw Shef Wednesday in the fifth round.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #301: Jan 25, 2014 06:08:22 pm
      There's a possibility we could draw Shef Wednesday in the fifth round.

yes please
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #302: Jan 25, 2014 06:17:31 pm
      I would be over the moon if he was half as loyal as Liddell.

We bred them loyal in those days, Liddell, Paisley, Taylor  Jones,  Moran to name a few. The first time I saw Billy Liddell play I knew L.F.C. was my club for life.
                Back to Bournmouth they must of watched us play Villa as they used the same tactics and took the game to us and it could of paid off if it were not for their finishing. Once again our defence was very shaky and had me very worried at times.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #303: Jan 25, 2014 06:26:39 pm
      We bred them loyal in those days, Liddell, Paisley, Taylor  Jones,  Moran to name a few. The first time I saw Billy Liddell play I knew L.F.C. was my club for life.
                Back to Bournmouth they must of watched us play Villa as they used the same tactics and took the game to us and it could of paid off if it were not for their finishing. Once again our defence was very shaky and had me very worried at times.

Sitting Gerrard so deep just allows teams to press us it just doesn't work for me. On reflection the lads did a good job as the pitch seemed a bit of a nightmare so onwards and upwards.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #304: Jan 25, 2014 06:39:41 pm
      Strange game.....but we got the result..
      I've played on better Sunday league pitches but thats the nature of the FA Cup I suppose..
      I didn't realise Henderson was on the pitch until the half time whistle blew...
      Without S.a.S we'd have been in the sh*t there today..
      Thought Skirtel was our best player in defence.
      Kelly's finished..
      Cissoko & Moses we're dreadful.

Oh and I'll never watch another LFC game on ITV again.. there all Cocksucking presenters and commentators..

All in all thank f**k we're through..

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #305: Jan 25, 2014 06:54:50 pm
      I Liked the way Sturridge took his goal, from Suarez's through ball. Sturridge with 3 goals in as many games since his return from injury, seems a natural goal scorer and a vital member of the side.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #306: Jan 25, 2014 07:05:32 pm
      Thought Moses had a pretty decent game to be fair. The lad clearly has ability.  He just needs to knuckle down and give 110% every time. He'll get more game time that way. ..

Sturridge on the other hand is just fabulous,  and IMO could run Luis close for our player of the season. Such ability and flair.  He's been unlucky with injuries in his career but hopefully that'll become a thing of the past.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #307: Jan 25, 2014 08:02:56 pm
      Moses had a better game than Jordan, don't know who that says more about. Glad we won but Stevie dropping deep and our midfield just ain't working.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #308: Jan 25, 2014 08:08:02 pm
      Thought Moses had a pretty decent game to be fair. The lad clearly has ability.  He just needs to knuckle down and give 110% every time. He'll get more game time that way. ..

Sturridge on the other hand is just fabulous,  and IMO could run Luis close for our player of the season. Such ability and flair.  He's been unlucky with injuries in his career but hopefully that'll become a thing of the past.

Agree w.r.t Moses, he has ability. And he did OK/well - though against lesser opposition.

Even so, there are still times today when I'd see him not making an angle for a pass, or even turning his back on the ball when 10 yards away. Maybe that's unfair on him, and if I watch other guys closely will see them at it too - but for whatever reason seems more noticable with him.  Still needs to improve the attitude.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #309: Jan 25, 2014 08:52:44 pm
      Moses had a better game than Jordan, don't know who that says more about. Glad we won but Stevie dropping deep and our midfield just ain't working.

Its bothering me that we are tweaking the team to keep Stevie here for a few more years. Moses could actually be the equivalent of a new signing if he can just sort his head out because the lad has got talent.Henderson best performance's occurred whilst Stevie was out injured he has been poor since Stevie returned.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #310: Jan 25, 2014 08:59:23 pm
      Watched the full game on tv. Then came on here to read a few post and see quite varied opinions on different players. Interesting reading.  My opinion for what its worth, Not much I guess, is that this was always going to be a difficult game. Bournemouth aint setting the Championship on fire by any measures, but they do try to play good footy and keep the ball on the ground. Our players must have been a bit nervous, regarding our past results agains lesser sides. It isn't great and they must have known, had it gone wrong, they would have been slaughtered. As it happens, we did have a nervy start, gradually got on top, mainly due to Bournemouth knowing they had to keep the midfield packed to crowd the game down. That succeeded for a while at the expense of their non event in the final third, apart form a couple of early half chances. Poor pitch compared to prem standards, but we overcame that. We didn't take full control of the mid field, in my opinion, because once again Gerrard was too deep. Henderson does lots of running but with limited positive input. Most of the time when in possession, he looks for Gerrard, so once again most of his passing was sideways and backwards. Moses was better than usual, but still not top quality, Decent goal, but if Mignolet had let that in he would have been hung out to dry. Coutinho was not on his best form again, Sissokho very poor again, Toure not overly convincing, but done the basics, Skrtel, usual 100% but not terrific playing it out on the deck. Kelly looked like he was still trying to get back to his best, and in Mignolet we have a keeper who gives the back 4 the jitters. Sturrigde and Suarez a level above the rest, in the country that is. Overall, tough fixture, but job done and into the next round.
      I think our problem is our defence is put under pressure too often, due to the midfield lack of cohesion, which means we give the ball away to often in dangerous areas of the field. Our own half, and individually our defence is just not good enough to cope. Our fluidity from mid field to the forward line is sporadic at best, and it seems that the thinking is not sharp enough. There are often runners and passes open, only for the ball to go square, or the hesitancy lets the opposition get too close, so it has to go sidewards or back. Screaming my lungs out, how the F**k didn't you see that ? Second half, Stevie started to fire a few decent passes around, but if we don't improve vastly for Tuesday, second half performances might just be a bit to late.
       This is pretty much what we've been like for the last few games, yet we still seem to field pretty much the same starting 11, with the same tactics and set up. It obviously isn't working, and we are relying on scoring more goals than them, whoever they might be, but we're too shaky at the back, and to disjointed in mid field to rely on that against better sides. Think Brendan needs to do better. MOTM for me was Skrtel. It could easily have been Sturridge or Suarez, but he was our best defender and we are looking vulnerable there, so he has a lot to do. Oh, and just a mention about Henderson's shooting. Schoolboy errors.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #311: Jan 25, 2014 09:02:21 pm
      Scrappy game but we got the desired result and where in the Hat for the next round.

MOTM for me was Skrtel, never let anything passed him all day. Special mention to Stevie as well, thought he did 110% better than he did last match. Made some crucial last minute tackle that kept them scoreless.

Lovely play again from SAS for the 2nd goal and well taken goal from Moses. Is that now 11 players who have scored at some stage for us this season?

Well done lads.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #312: Jan 25, 2014 09:18:45 pm
      We appear less cohesive with Gerrard in the team. He doesn't offer he same fluidity and effects the shape of the team. It is no coincidence that Hendo was probably on par with Suarez as being our best player whilst Gerard was out with injury.

We need a tactically sound player to sit in that holding role. Many would prefer to see another option to Lucas but, regardless of how slow he is, he processes things a lot quicker than Stevie does. He reads the game better and is generally a much better player off the ball. He adds that stability, especially when in a three man midfield.

Henderson I believe is our best central midfielder now. He demonstrates decent levels of energy and the maturity aspect of his game is improving too. How can we not try and get the best out of this player? But to add to that, I don't think he offers as much in attack when both of our prime strikers are fit.

From this game, I didn't really learn anything I didn't previously know. The game highlighted a few things:

- Henderson isn't the same player with two strikers and/or Stevie in the team
      - gerrards lack of tactical intelligence is exposed in the DM position
      - Moses clearly doesn't care about a future at lfc
      - Coutinho doesn't play as well with Suarez in the team
      - Two man midfield doesn't work
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #313: Jan 25, 2014 09:33:26 pm
      The game highlighted a few things:

- Moses clearly doesn't care about a future at lfc

;D

Sorry, but this comment was just too funny to pass by.

Go on, amuse me. Why did this game highlight to you that Moses doesn't care about his future at LFC?

What exactly led you to that conclusion from today's game?  :f_doh:
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #314: Jan 25, 2014 09:47:38 pm
      ;D

Go on, amuse me. Why did this game highlight to you that Moses doesn't care about his future at LFC?

As I said, today's game didn't show anything I didn't already know. There is your answer.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #315: Jan 25, 2014 09:59:01 pm
      Henderson best performance's occurred whilst Stevie was out injured he has been poor since Stevie returned.
      Correct !!
      It's hard to believe we went to Tottenham not so long ago and put 5 past them with ease and Henderson bagged a goal and ran the midfield.. ???
      If Gerrard plays that same deep role against Everton with Lukaka and their debut boy breathing down his neck on the edge of our box we've only got ourselves to blame if his intended 60 yard through ball goes backwards or square  >:(
      We do have a better balance though with just Sturridge and Suarez as our only forwards without adding Sterling to make 3 up top..
      Coutinho was crowded out today in their bottle necked midfield but he is more dangerous in the middle and not on the wing..He's NOT a winger..we'll need him and Henderson attacking the midfield against Everton not passing back to Gerrard..Martinez must be rubbing his hands together.. >:(

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #316: Jan 25, 2014 10:13:50 pm

xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Thanks guys.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #317: Jan 25, 2014 11:55:07 pm
      Its bothering me that we are tweaking the team to keep Stevie here for a few more years. Moses could actually be the equivalent of a new signing if he can just sort his head out because the lad has got talent.Henderson best performance's occurred whilst Stevie was out injured he has been poor since Stevie returned.
      Don't think it's a coincidence that Hendo has played better with Stevie out. Wouldn't want to have to make that decision but the boss may need to consider putting the captain on the bench at times. 

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #318: Jan 26, 2014 12:02:17 am
      Games like that need little analysis. You just hope to get through it and we did. The pitch and other conditions level things out so to win and keep a clean sheet is more than good enough.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #319: Jan 26, 2014 12:10:54 am
      ;D

Do you fancy Moses or something mate? I'm sorry but I think he is straight. Maybe Hitzlsperger will be more up your street.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #320: Jan 26, 2014 12:30:51 am
      Do you fancy Moses or something mate? I'm sorry but I think he is straight. Maybe Hitzlsperger will be more up your street.

:D

He's come under some ridiculous criticism, and I just like to point out when I see even more ridiculous criticism.

Today he played well.. yet some people still claim that based on today's game, it shows he is rubbish, not wanting to be here, not got the right attitude, lazy.. take your pick.

All I did was ask for an example. None was given though. Not surprising. So, case closed.  ;)

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #321: Jan 26, 2014 01:16:08 am
      Correct !!
      It's hard to believe we went to Tottenham not so long ago and put 5 past them with ease and Henderson bagged a goal and ran the midfield.. ???
      If Gerrard plays that same deep role against Everton with Lukaka and their debut boy breathing down his neck on the edge of our box we've only got ourselves to blame if his intended 60 yard through ball goes backwards or square  >:(
      We do have a better balance though with just Sturridge and Suarez as our only forwards without adding Sterling to make 3 up top..
      Coutinho was crowded out today in their bottle necked midfield but he is more dangerous in the middle and not on the wing..He's NOT a winger..we'll need him and Henderson attacking the midfield against Everton not passing back to Gerrard..Martinez must be rubbing his hands together.. >:(

The two games prior to the Spurs game we won 5-1 and 4-1 WITH Gerrard, while he was out we won 2 lost 2. since his return we have won 4 games out of 5 (drawing the other).

Basing the demise of Gerrard on one result against a demotivated and tactically naïve Spurs side under a manager who's sacking has led to a resurgence of form is even harder to believe.

Yes our midfield is unbalanced at the moment but that is hardly down to Gerrard. We have had injuries to Lucas, Allen, changes of style and formation and with the return of Sturridge adding to the problems of balancing the team.

Quick Reply