Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Bournemouth?

Brad Jones
      0 (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (1.2%)
      Martin Skrtel
      13 (15.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (2.4%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      5 (5.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      41 (48.2%)
      Victor Moses
      19 (22.4%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Jan 28, 2014 02:47:46 pm

Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Cup Match Discussion

Read 28164 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Cup Match Discussion
      Reply #322: Jan 26, 2014 01:24:40 am

All he did all game out on the left was get the ball ... run forward five yards ..... stop ...... then pass back.
      Looking busy.
      Looking sh*te.
      Can't remember him once taking anybody on.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #323: Jan 26, 2014 07:49:01 am
      All he did all game out on the left was get the ball ... run forward five yards ..... stop ...... then pass back.
      Looking busy.
      Looking sh*te.
      Can't remember him once taking anybody on.

this^^
       It will be easy for Jose to take his place back
       I would play flanagan on the left and kelly/Toure/ on the right  (If sakho is fit)on Tuesday, ,  Coleman and Mirallas will make a meal out of Ali

YNWA
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #324: Jan 26, 2014 09:52:51 am
      What do people want, we avoided a tricky away banana skin and are through to the next round.

That ITV panel were a disgrace, especially Dixon having a pop at us. Back in the day if that was United or now City, Chavs or Gooners it would have been "a sign of a good team" and all that bollocks!

You can look at it two ways, some of our performances were sh*te and the team in general wasn't great by any means but in previous seasons this was the kind of game we would have lost and gone crashing out of the cup.

Now lets go and put that historic mid-table back in their place on Tuesday!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #325: Jan 26, 2014 02:00:34 pm
      We played badly and won , nuff said .
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #326: Jan 26, 2014 05:37:29 pm
      Just drew away at Arsenal in the 5th round. Lets F***ing have it!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #327: Jan 26, 2014 05:50:34 pm
      Shi...t draw away to Arsenal given our record at their place. Hopefully they have got their hands full with champions league and league commitments. Wish we had got a home tie
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #328: Jan 26, 2014 11:51:44 pm
      Well at least Moses found his level.  ;D

Joking aside it was a very profesional performance from the lads against an organised and spirited Bournemouth side.

Well done Reds.

:scarf:
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #329: Jan 27, 2014 09:50:04 am
      Well, we're through, although the prospect of playing Arsenal at The emirates isn't appealing. We didn't play very well and teh usual weak points were apparent. Luckily, so are Sturridge and Suarez.

Jones(7). Did well enough, but I wish we had a better keeper to challenge Mignolet and hopefully take his place. Jones isn't it.

Kelly (4). Great to see him back, but miles away from the player he was before injury. I hope he can get back to that level and then get even better, otherwise his Liverpool career will be over.

Toure (5). Ponderous. The sooner we get Agger and Sakho fit the better.

Skrtel (7). Another quality "none shall pass" display from our most consistent defender

Cissokho (3). He's F***ing sh*t. It's a disgrace that he even gets to play for Liverpool, loan or not, and someone needs to get F***ing fired in our scouting department. Assuming we have one. At times it would appear that it is done via wikipedia and then we sign the cheque. I mean, how F***ing hard woukld it have been to go and watch this useless F***ing lump play football before getting him on loan? I saw him play once and knew he was F***ing sh*t. EVERYONE could tell after seeing him once. And yet here he is, week after week, lumbering around the F***ing pitch like a confused bear trying to sniff out a F***ing picnic.

Henderson (5). Ordinary, but oddly typical display: lots of running about; no discernible effect on the game; dreadful shooting.

Gerrard (6). Did pretty well, but needed more support from Henderson and Coutinho.

Coutinho (4). Needs dropping, but we have nobody else who can do what he does. Had no space or time and struggled.

Moses (6). Extra point for the goal. I am very frustrated with this divvy. There's some talent there, but he clearly coasts a lot of the time and is a lazy c**t. So he can F**k off back to Chelsea for all I care.

Suarez (7). Created plenty but his frustration nearly boiled over at times. Great skill and touch.

Sturridge (8). Another game, another goal. Great finishing and a lovely lobbed effort was also close.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #330: Jan 27, 2014 01:12:36 pm
      The two games prior to the Spurs game we won 5-1 and 4-1 WITH Gerrard, while he was out we won 2 lost 2. since his return we have won 4 games out of 5 (drawing the other).

Basing the demise of Gerrard on one result against a demotivated and tactically naïve Spurs side under a manager who's sacking has led to a resurgence of form is even harder to believe.

Yes our midfield is unbalanced at the moment but that is hardly down to Gerrard. We have had injuries to Lucas, Allen, changes of style and formation and with the return of Sturridge adding to the problems of balancing the team.

Point Taken Saint but we also beat Tottenham without Sturridge which once again begs me to believe Gerrards more deeper role is to ghost around the two centre halves more often than not as the last man which to me is a worry..It's to obvious to see our game plan after the first 5 minutes and managers like Wenger , Mourinhio and Pelligreni have the manpower to counter that with ease..thats exactly what Villa did at Anfield the other week.
      I'm at a loss at too how Henderson who blossomed in that SG role n midfield whilst SG was out can go missing in action all of a sudden SG returns...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #331: Jan 27, 2014 01:50:09 pm
      Point Taken Saint but we also beat Tottenham without Sturridge which once again begs me to believe Gerrards more deeper role is to ghost around the two centre halves more often than not as the last man which to me is a worry..It's to obvious to see our game plan after the first 5 minutes and managers like Wenger , Mourinhio and Pelligreni have the manpower to counter that with ease..thats exactly what Villa did at Anfield the other week.
      I'm at a loss at too how Henderson who blossomed in that SG role n midfield whilst SG was out can go missing in action all of a sudden SG returns...

I think Villa was a "one off" game in all honesty. I think Brendan thought we could just roll over them playing 4-2-4 .... as we found out to our cost, with only 2 in midfield we couldn't.

I think one of the reasons we have difficulty beating the top 10 sides, is that the way we are set up we can like you say be tactically outmaneuvered by good managers, especially those with the right players.

We have to play 3 central midfielders, especially when we play both Sturridge and Suarez otherwise no matter who we play in midfield we will be overrun. I don't think defensive midfielder is Gerrard's best position, but at the moment we have little option, but if Allen is fit .... it might work.

The biggest problem we have had this season imo has been transition. We have no one capable of moving the ball from defence to attack. Johnson who normally does it has been out of form (injured), Enrique again injured. Moses is perhaps the only one who has shown he can do it, but has been so poor he has hardly played, which leaves the long ball out of defense .... and I think Brendan saw Gerrard as better able to do that than Lucas (before his injury). I think this is the reason Brendan has been looking at attacking midfielders while we have all been screaming for a defensive midfielder. We need someone to help transition, someone who can take the ball and run 15-20 yards with it AND retain possession.

Probably the best example of what I mean was McManaman, who would pick up the ball in is own half and take it forward, transforming defence into attack. While at the moment we spend so long passing the ball about between our midfield and our defenders that the opposition can press and force mistakes, or into desperate hoofs up field. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #332: Jan 27, 2014 01:54:34 pm
      There was a lot of predictable play and watching it on the box it looked like Valerie Park Prescot.

Stevie was playing an Alonso and it was easy to see how Lambert with Villa had two men on him cutting off the supply of passes.

If Martinez plays the simple same tactic where is Plan 47 ?                                           

Oh I know !

Got it ! 

Play it out left through Cissokho .
      He'll get it through.
       :lmao:

Quick Reply