Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Tom Ince (Blackpool)

Read 7737 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Tom Ince (Blackpool)
      Reply #46: Feb 01, 2014 12:52:34 am
      Not sure why you guy's are all so anti the Ince family in regard to Tom's transfers.

He couldn't get a game at LFC and was moved on to Blackpool.
      He is a damn good players who could have a very impressive career.
      He and his Dad and trying to do what's is best for Tom's development. Yeah, Paul is a bit of a loose canon and as a player he divided opinion but i am sure whatever moves he is recommending to his son isn't about money about about progression as a player.

If that means that he gets loaned out, waits till his contract is up at Blackpool and then potentially makes a good move to a more established team then good for him.

If we are really concerned about a sell out percentage of 35% then we really are worrying about the wrong things.

I personally can still see him ending up in the red shirt and i reckon he'd do very well.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #47: Feb 01, 2014 12:53:54 am
      Not sure why you guy's are all so anti the Ince family in regard to Tom's transfers.

He couldn't get a game at LFC and was moved on to Blackpool.
      He is a damn good players who could have a very impressive career.
      He and his Dad and trying to do what's is best for Tom's development. Yeah, Paul is a bit of a loose canon and as a player he divided opinion but i am sure whatever moves he is recommending to his son isn't about money about about progression as a player.

If that means that he gets loaned out, waits till his contract is up at Blackpool and then potentially makes a good move to a more established team then good for him.

If we are really concerned about a sell out percentage of 35% then we really are worrying about the wrong things.

I personally can still see him ending up in the red shirt and i reckon he'd do very well.

Well no you won't because he has just gone on loan at Crystal Palace.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #48: Feb 01, 2014 12:55:07 am

Really?

I'd bet my house he'll never play for us again.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #49: Feb 01, 2014 01:15:01 am
      Well no you won't because he has just gone on loan at Crystal Palace.

I said ending up'….hence in the future. Have you heard of the internet? It's pretty fantastic and means that we are all privy to information but are allowed to share opinion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #50: Feb 01, 2014 01:15:59 am
      I said ending up'….hence in the future.

You'd still be wrong. :f_tongueincheek:

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #51: Feb 01, 2014 01:16:39 am
      Really?

I'd bet my house he'll never play for us again.

I reckon you may be wrong.
      Opinions of course, but he is a player we have tracked for a while and we all know how keen our current financial team are on a free transfer or loan.
      I see him as a player that could be very effective for us once he has had a chance to develop, test himself and gain experience elsewhere.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #52: Feb 01, 2014 01:17:44 am

Ah! I 100% could be wrong….but still a signing i'd like to see.
      Be good to see him playing for us in the future i reckon. Some time this August would be my bet.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #53: Feb 01, 2014 01:18:46 am
      Ah! I 100% could be wrong….but still a signing i'd like to see.
      Be good to see him playing for us in the future i reckon. Some time this August would be my bet.

I don't see what all the fuss is about personally and think if he was anyway half decent he'd be here already.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #54: Feb 01, 2014 01:21:55 am
      I don't see what all the fuss is about personally and think if he was anyway half decent he'd be here already.

I am not going to to patronize you by reckoning you should look over the last 18 months or so of our fruitless transfer dealings to see that half decent or realized quality is of no indicator on whether a player ends up at Anfield or not.

Yes there are better players out there, but on a free transfer for a player with obvious potential and good stats based upon the championship, i still see him as a good squad player initially who could really push on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #55: Feb 01, 2014 01:24:40 am
      I am not going to to patronize you by reckoning you should look over the last 18 months or so of our fruitless transfer dealings to see that half decent or realized quality is of no indicator on whether a player ends up at Anfield or not.

Too true my man.

But he wouldn't cost that much and if we were willing to travel to the Ukraine and spend £15M on apleyr for Ince's position something tells me Brendan doesn't quite fancy him.

But you're right and FSG could leave him with little option come summer time.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2014 08:49:08 am by srslfc »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #56: Feb 01, 2014 04:34:22 am
      Utterly agree.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe