Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Bitters

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      John Flanagan
      (5.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (3.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      (0.5%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (41.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.1%)
      Phillipe Coutinho
      (11.1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (3.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      (30.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.2%)
      Victor Moses (sub)
      (0%)
      Martin Kelly (sub)
      (0%)
      Luis Alberto (sub)
      (0%)

Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton: In Game and Post Game Celebration

Read 31986 times
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton: In Game and Post Game Celebration
      Reply #759: Jan 29, 2014 11:27:49 am
      The missus bans me from the interweb on derby days, my brother being a blue, its to easy to start banter then even easier for the bitterness to break out into an argument, but as its not derby day anymore, I've been posting some nice reviews of the fantastic 4 to his facebook page :D, don't think he'll ever watch that film again ;D.

But what a great night, before the game I was terribly nervous, thinking the worst but hoping for the best, I put my usual bet on, 3-0 thinking we wouldn't keep a clean sheet but I did it anyways never thinking it would be 4, and should've really been more. When Stevie's goal when in, the flood gates opened and we destroyed them, my brother and his gang of bitter-lings keep harping on about "we bossed the possession, more passes.....ect" my response being simple, you dont win games with more possession, 4 goals certainly help though.
      Stevie was my Motm, bossed the game, playing like he did 5 years ago simply fantastic and another Derby goal to put with his collection. That said though the team as a whole were brilliant, lets hope we carry it on to the next game :D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #760: Jan 29, 2014 11:32:23 am
      Seems to be no end of the glut of goals coming from our S&S strike force, as shown against our neighbours last night. I just hope that Sturridge's temperament does not get the better of him, in other wise another brilliant display.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #761: Jan 29, 2014 11:44:37 am
      I'll post what I already know. Suarez and Sturridge are both world class strikers. The proverbial muts nuts.  I think Sturridge has the capacity to become a truly great player as much as Luis does. He just needs to keep his temperament in order...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #762: Jan 29, 2014 12:19:17 pm
      Superb display from the lads, that was a real team performance, even Cissosko looked ok'ish :-)

I have no problem with Sturridge being a bit pissed off at being subbed, shows the passion and I think it was more down to missing the penalty and then screwing up a bit later when he was through on goal and for some reason best know to him deciding to check back instead of shooting or passing to Luis. All in all though a superb display form Sturridge and he was my man of the macth for the second goal if nothing else.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #763: Jan 29, 2014 12:31:04 pm
      One or two of our players have huge improvement in them too. Sterling for one is a real beast of a player waiting to happen. Often he doesn't go at the defender when he should, or does when he shouldn't. He often picks the wrong pass, but all that is purely inexperience. Equally, when he learns how to make full use of his after-burner pace (and he's up there with the Cisse's of this world as the quickest we've had I think) he'll be a monster. As it is he is a real player these days and I love the kid, I just think he has it in him to be a real star on the World stage.

Coutinho too looked like he was remembering how to be a good player again last night. There were less speculative attempts at defence splitting nudges, more deft little passes and more workrate. At his best he can IMHO rival Oscar as Brazil's playmaker, we need him to find his touch for the run in. He's another player that I love to watch. Peter Beardsley said recently that Coutinho is a far better player than he ever was, but the geordie is being typically modest. Beardsley was a wonderful little footballer, and Phillipe would do well to watch videos of him and see how he positively influenced matches. He can get there though, we are not seeing anywhere near his full capability yet.

John Flanaghan is improving by the week. I'm not sure he has the weaponry to ever be an International regular, but he definately has it in him to be a (forgive me here) Denis Irwin type of 8/10 every week full back. He's a cracking lad is Flanno you can see it written all over him, and he's getting better quickly. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #764: Jan 29, 2014 12:33:41 pm
      Also I think it's only fair to point out that the manager was at least partially right in his assertion that the captain CAN play as a holding midfielder. One swallow doesn't make a summer by any means, but obviously if Stevie played like that every week in there we wouldn't have a problem. That said he's now played horribly once, OKish once and brilliantly once, so the next stop is consistency.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #765: Jan 29, 2014 12:38:59 pm
      Ohhhhh it's a lovelyyy dayyyy  ;D ;D ;D ;D, Surrounded by 4 bitters  :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #766: Jan 29, 2014 12:51:21 pm
      Still grinning, still buzzing and still winding every single bitter I know up.

What a night.

Fully deserved. I don't remember Mignolet making too many saves. One springs to mind and it actually ended up with Suarez scoring the 4th goal.

Time to build on this victory and push even higher up the table.

Thank you Reds.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #767: Jan 29, 2014 01:07:59 pm
      Just one question remains in my mind.

Stevie was BRILLIANT yesterday. But, he usual is BRILLIAN against the bitters.
      I am not too sure he is really cut out for DM (actually I am absolutely sure ie *NOT* cut out for DM) but he was kinda a good one in this game.

But, here is the question: Can he really be that good again WBA or even AFC? Only time will tell.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #768: Jan 29, 2014 01:16:57 pm
      Magical 24 hours, with hopefully a big signing (Konoplyanka on the left wing) to be revealed shortly.

All of a sudden, Coutinho's reinvention as tough tackling midfielder seems like one of the best January signings.

Things looking positive. It ll be tough but we should be favourites to land 4th spot
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #769: Jan 29, 2014 01:19:32 pm
      Just one question remains in my mind.

Stevie was BRILLIANT yesterday. But, he usual is BRILLIAN against the bitters.
      I am not too sure he is really cut out for DM (actually I am absolutely sure ie *NOT* cut out for DM) but he was kinda a good one in this game.

But, here is the question: Can he really be that good again WBA or even AFC? Only time will tell.

A question I asked  myself last night, can he still raise himself against those kind of teams, he was like a caged animal released last night, but for me the only one caging him is himself. If he plays like that every week we don't lose
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #770: Jan 29, 2014 01:27:04 pm
      Brilliant performance  from our team , for me  our captain  did   a great job  he is my MOTM   and all the other players put in a good shift really.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #771: Jan 29, 2014 01:30:50 pm
      Great performance and result from all involved. Normally the derbies are tight but it could have been 6-1 last night. The midfield looked much more tuned in to their defensive duties and with Sturridge and Suarez, you always have a chance to blow teams away. Good to see little Coutinho get back some form too. Let's hope he keeps it going because we're a much better team when he's playing well.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #772: Jan 29, 2014 01:48:40 pm
      The murder in college before hahaha bitters so jealous and obsessed who still think Martinez is one of the best managers in the league and can still get them fourth hahaha!

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #773: Jan 29, 2014 01:53:50 pm
      Was anyone else disappointed we didn't score more?

Maybe being a bit greedy but I thought we were capable of really humiliating them last night  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #774: Jan 29, 2014 02:02:13 pm

Maybe being a bit greedy but I thought we were capable of really humiliating them last night  ;D

I actually thought 8 was not beyond us, very charitable we were last night.

Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #775: Jan 29, 2014 02:04:08 pm

Too right I did! The blueshite were there for an even bigger humiliation last night. I was gutted when Sturridge missed that penalty, I was hungry for that fifth goal! The Everton end would of cleared out. Oh wait! It did clear out! Hahahahaha!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #776: Jan 29, 2014 02:05:45 pm
      I actually thought 8 was not beyond us, very charitable we were last night.

Yeah a shocking display of taking the foot off the gas Shabs, I was advocating double figures  :f_tongueincheek:  :f_whistle:  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #777: Jan 29, 2014 02:08:50 pm
      Too right I did! The blueshite were there for an even bigger humiliation last night. I was gutted when Sturridge missed that penalty, I was hungry for that fifth goal! The Everton end would of cleared out. Oh wait! It did clear out! Hahahahaha!

Yeah I noticed all the little bees buzzing off back to their new hive (see Club badge)  8)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #778: Jan 29, 2014 02:10:19 pm
      Yeah a shocking display of taking the foot off the gas Shabs, I was advocating double figures  :f_tongueincheek:  :f_whistle:  ;)

I stopped posting in the match thread as I thought we were about to witness history being mate by giving the Blueshite a right dressing down and footballing humiliation :D

We were insatiable last night.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #779: Jan 29, 2014 02:16:05 pm
      I stopped posting in the match thread as I thought we were about to witness history being mate by giving the Blueshite a right dressing down and footballing humiliation :D

We were insatiable last night.

I didn't post at all mate.  If there's footy on the tv, I lose the laptop  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #780: Jan 29, 2014 02:17:19 pm
      I had LFC on mute and watched it on fredsport which was 30 seconds behind next minute the crowd on lfc are going wild 30 sec later a goal goes in it was a funny night but oh so enjoyable.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #781: Jan 29, 2014 02:23:41 pm
      Still got a smile on my mush from ear to ear.
      Amazed at how we totally dominated in all the important areas of the pitch.
      Bitters Out fought and out classed,
      Was Baines weighed down with that huge new contract, did he have it in his pocket?
      Just need to perform like this in every game now, and we'll be capable of beating anyone

Quick Reply