Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Bitters

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      John Flanagan
      (5.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (3.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      (0.5%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (41.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.1%)
      Phillipe Coutinho
      (11.1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (3.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      (30.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.2%)
      Victor Moses (sub)
      (0%)
      Martin Kelly (sub)
      (0%)
      Luis Alberto (sub)
      (0%)

Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton: In Game and Post Game Celebration

Read 31989 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton: In Game and Post Game Celebration
      Reply #782: Jan 29, 2014 02:25:27 pm
      I had LFC on mute and watched it on fredsport which was 30 seconds behind next minute the crowd on lfc are going wild 30 sec later a goal goes in it was a funny night but oh so enjoyable.

Done that myself many times mate  :D
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #783: Jan 29, 2014 03:57:12 pm
      I like it when Studge and Luis have a go at each other.
      It shows the standards they demand of each other.

It actually made me happy to see Danny leave the field in a mood, for two reasons:

A) the manager let him know that him getting a hat trick is a secondary objective, and the team comes first

B) his frustration shows the level at which he is judging himself, and also the winning mentality we need

Stevie was the absolute personification of authority. My MOTM.

Well done you mighty reds! YNWA!!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #784: Jan 29, 2014 04:15:04 pm
      Wow, what a performance. That, along with Tottenham, was Brendan's best tactical plan since he arrived. We let them pass it around the back, but as soon as it got in to midfield we closed down at pace. Brilliant to watch.

Mignolet: made a couple of good saves early on to keep us up. His distribution was also very good today. He even backed off of one cross to Lukaku early on. Clearly he remembered his error last week for Benteke's goal :D. 7/10

Flanagan: I think our right fullback position has been solved. He's still got a lot to improve on going forward, but he is very comfortable on the ball, and seemed to be first to everything. Gave Pienaar fits. I didn't think he had it in him to make it at Liverpool, but he's proving me and the rest of the doubters wrong. What an improvement and what a performance. 8/10

Skrtel/Kolo: Didn't put a foot wrong the whole game. Lucky that Lukaku went off early, though :P. 7/10.

Cissokho: I thought he defended well. Still clueless with the ball, but he didn't get roasted and was generally in a good position. 6.5/10

Gerrard: Why can't you have this intensity for every match? He was immense. Interceptions, tackles, blocks. Played a disciplined destroyer role and helped keep Barkley quiet. That header, too. 9/10.

Henderson: Went about his job and stayed tight to Barkley and Osman when he had to. Very disciplined performance. He's blossoming. 7.5/10

Coutinho: Outstanding. His best overall performance in a red shirt. Got us out of some tight spots in midfield, and made McCarthy and Barry look foolish on several occasions, which is no easy task. Has a lot of work to nail the #10 role down, but today he looked the part. 8.5/10

Sterling: Excellent as always. Helped Flanno out with Baines and held the ball up well as usual. Also played a neat sequence with Coutinho to start the move for the second goal. 7/10

Sturridge: Had to stop typing this so I could go have a w*nk. Absolutely phenomenal. All over the pitch. Selfish at the end, but at least the game wasn't in the balance. 9/10.

Suarez: Had to stop typing so I could go have another w*nk. Brilliant performance. Hustled and harried them all over the pitch. Well taken goal. 8.5/10

As far as Everton go, I continue to be impressed with Barkley. He's going to be some player for Everton and England for years to come. Best talent to come out of Merseyside since Gerrard, easily. Let's tempt them with a bid :D

Took off work to catch the match, and I was just laughing after Studge's 2nd goal. What a performance.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #785: Jan 29, 2014 04:25:31 pm
      Last night was fantastic. Suarez and Sturridge on top form, Gerrard was immense, Flanno was very solid, Cissokho had one or two accurate passes, Sterling and Coutinho ran them ragged. Fantastic performance and great result.

Heard Brendan talking after and he mentioned about how he will 'over-analyse' the game and where we went wrong. Don't mean to bring a downer but I know why. There were two or three occasions when we could have been punished, particularly from a long-range shot early on from Barkley. But for a few good saves and great tackles by Gerrard, it may have been a different story. I don't want to take the gloss of a great performance, just a few things we need to be wary off going on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #786: Jan 29, 2014 04:42:02 pm

Sterling: Excellent as always. Helped Flanno out with Baines and held the ball up well as usual. Also played a neat sequence with Coutinho to start the move for the second goal. 7/10

Sturridge: Had to stop typing this so I could go have a w*nk. Absolutely phenomenal. All over the pitch. Selfish at the end, but at least the game wasn't in the balance. 9/10.

Suarez: Had to stop typing so I could go have another w*nk. Brilliant performance. Hustled and harried them all over the pitch. Well taken goal. 8.5/10

Hahaha if you don't wear glasses you're gonna need them the way SaS are carrying on.

staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #787: Jan 29, 2014 05:40:21 pm
      Late posting this cause I was out celebrating after the match.
      What a brilliant result. The lads gave 150%, closing down everywhere, superfast counter attacks, great passing...and against the bitters...awesome, just awesome.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #788: Jan 29, 2014 06:10:31 pm
      There are some of the blueshite that sink to new depths, they seem to think that public displays of their classless, moronic traits elevates their status.
      The sight of their grotesque, misshapen features hurling hate and abuse as well as missiles at any red shirt was disturbing.
      The authorities will take action and punish the club for their action, a 10 point deduction might prompt some of the less maladjusted in their number to isolate the fuckwits that are a disgrace to their club, city and society in general.
      They've been at that for a while now and I have yet to see the fa do anything about it . Like you said they should have points deducted .

lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #789: Jan 29, 2014 07:16:31 pm
      Anyone think we are especially suited to playing against teams who want more of the ball than us? Caught between two worlds against Villa maybe.

Its very ominous for Arsenal and Swansea up next at Anfield who both like to keep the ball.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #790: Jan 29, 2014 07:32:21 pm
      They've been at that for a while now and I have yet to see the fa do anything about it . Like you said they should have points deducted .

Luis has reported the coin throwing to the FA, let's see if they do anything about it.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #791: Jan 29, 2014 07:37:50 pm
      Luis has reported the coin throwing to the FA, let's see if they do anything about it.
      At the end of the day it's assault .

Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #792: Jan 29, 2014 07:39:13 pm
      Liverpool fans applaud Lukaku when he is stretched off injured, Everton fans throw coins and hurl abuse at Suarez going to take a corner.

Who are the classy ones?

Some Evertonians are right bitter jealous scum. A club supported by taxi drivers.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #793: Jan 29, 2014 07:40:42 pm

It is mate but let's see how the FA deal with it.  They'll probably do nothing or try to pin the blame on our fans instead.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #794: Jan 29, 2014 07:42:35 pm
      A club supported by taxi drivers.

I actually took a cab in Liverpool that the driver had an Everton tattoo on his arm!
      He asked where I was from, and when I told him "Brazil", he asked what I was doing in Liverpool. I said 'to watch LFC' so he showed me his arm :D
      Nice fella apart from that little detail though! I met even Tranmere fans when I was over there, these people actually exist  :f_tongueincheek:
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #795: Jan 29, 2014 07:45:56 pm

Can you imagine what the FA would do should Luis have thrown something into the crowd?
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #796: Jan 29, 2014 07:50:26 pm
      I actually took a cab in Liverpool that the driver had an Everton tattoo on his arm!
      He asked where I was from, and when I told him "Brazil", he asked what I was doing in Liverpool. I said 'to watch LFC' so he showed me his arm :D
      Nice fella apart from that little detail though! I met even Tranmere fans when I was over there, these people actually exist  :f_tongueincheek:

Flamengo or Fluminese?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #797: Jan 29, 2014 07:54:16 pm
      Can you imagine what the FA would do should Luis have thrown something into the crowd?
      With the W/C coming up they'll probably turn it on him to destabilize him  .

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #798: Jan 29, 2014 07:56:17 pm
      Just about recovered from last night's game.  Superb first half - although most of the post match chat around the ground was that Everton had escaped an even bigger hiding. 

General feeling was that the penalty miss sort of took the sting out of our impetus.

Anyway, biggest win at Anfield against the blues in my lifetime and was pleasure to be there to sample it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #799: Jan 29, 2014 08:14:23 pm
      Liverpool fans applaud Lukaku when he is stretched off injured, Everton fans throw coins and hurl abuse at Suarez going to take a corner.

Who are the classy ones?

Some Evertonians are right bitter jealous scum. A club supported by taxi drivers.
      My Brother who sits in the Main Stand at the Anny rd end said he could see Everton Fans actually fighting amongst themselves after the 3rd goal went in !! WTF is that all about !!..
      just a quick mention to say how quiet Baines was last night given the hype about him as being a threat before kick off. Respect to flanagan and Sterling putting pressure on him and blocking his game out..
      Is it just me or does Aly Cissokho play like joey Jones?..

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #800: Jan 29, 2014 08:18:40 pm

Flamengo!!!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #801: Jan 29, 2014 08:31:47 pm
      F**k me what a hangover I've had today ,had to be up at 6.30 to start a trek to Manchester to fit carpets in some swish apartment for no other than Matt Jansen (remember him)anyway,then a full flat then a hall stairs landing but I've had a smile as wide as the Mersey after that destruction of that sh*te from across Stanley park ,bloody brilliant performance all over the park(yup even ally :-).)just collapsed in my bed fu**ed but happy.walk on lads walk on.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #802: Jan 29, 2014 08:34:20 pm

How are Liverpool FC received in Brazil? They must surely be interested by the progress of Coutinho. Oh and is Cavalieri really doing as brilliant a job in goal for Fluminese from what I've heard? By the sounds of things it seems as if we let a very good second goalie go!
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #803: Jan 29, 2014 08:56:32 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #804: Jan 29, 2014 09:40:09 pm
      Certainly is, Gerrard seemed to be playing as a sweeper at times, rather than DM.

It's a bit of both Rodders as it's how I think Brendan likes the DM to play.

We've seen it when Lucas plays as well as the centre backs split very wide and the DM drops in between.

Quick Reply