Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)

Read 84498 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)
      Reply #1426: Jun 03, 2015 09:27:40 pm
      For what it's worth apparently Cheryshev has got 7 goals and 11 assists for Villarreal this season (all competitions), which is pretty good for a winger, and done it in a decent league. I'm not enamoured by him, but I can see it would be a better transfer, or at least less risky, than kono. Third option is sterling tells his agent to f**k off, which is by far my favourite

Answer honestly had you ever heard of Cheryshev before we were linked to him?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1427: Jun 03, 2015 09:30:51 pm
      dude wants 100k a week.

im sorry but if u take stoke out of the picture and had signed this guy for 100k a week you same people would be saying we're crazy and not signing 'proven' players.

Fans are never satisfied.

The article I read is He is @ 100k a week with Dnipro, he is asking for more to leave

YNWA
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1428: Jun 04, 2015 11:26:17 am
      Answer honestly had you ever heard of Cheryshev before we were linked to him?

Yeah, but only because I play way too many video games. Honestly when comparing the two it's a no brainier, regardless of whether a Ukrainian team has reached the final of the Europa league (championship teams reach the final of the fa cup sometimes) Ukraine is vastly inferior league to la liga, and kono has about the same as Cheryshev in that inferior league. Plus he's done well with a certain Argie that everyone wants us to sign.
      I'm not championing him as an amazing signing, just a better one than kono.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1429: Jun 04, 2015 01:28:59 pm
      Change of strategy:

Sign players with no experience in a big league and which no big club wants, transfer committee - stupid fuckers.
      Is this a different Konoplyanka Diego?

I mean: he can't be the same one, "with no experience in a big league and which no big club wants", which the transfer committee tried to buy for £15m but doesn't want for 'free'; can he?

Nah, can't be... because that would mean that the transfer committee were either, "stupid fuckers" then or they're "stupid fuckers" now.  ;)

"Logic" - I F***ing love it.   >:D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1430: Jun 04, 2015 01:45:41 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1431: Jun 04, 2015 02:00:11 pm

Better than any player we've been solidly linked with?

No, I don't agree with that at all.

I don't even know if he's better than the player we just signed.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1432: Jun 04, 2015 02:51:15 pm
      Better than any player we've been solidly linked with?

No, I don't agree with that at all.

I don't even know if he's better than the player we just signed.

Fair play.

I think he is up there from what I've seen.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1433: Jun 04, 2015 04:09:17 pm
      Is this a different Konoplyanka Diego?

I mean: he can't be the same one, "with no experience in a big league and which no big club wants", which the transfer committee tried to buy for £15m but doesn't want for 'free'; can he?

Nah, can't be... because that would mean that the transfer committee were either, "stupid fuckers" then or they're "stupid fuckers" now.  ;)

"Logic" - I f**king love it.   >:D

That's beyond the point mate. I'm not even saying he's a bad player, because I haven't seen much of him.

The fact remains: he has no experience in a big league, despite being 25 by now, and supposedly no big club is going after him (that's the only way he will ever sign for Stoke City).

So I think those who keep saying we should only go for proven players and use the "would City want that player?" stick to beat every rumour to death and cry of our "lack of ambition" was if every rumour as true, perhaps should be happy this 25 year old playing in Ukraine isn't coming. It would be consistent, at least. 

But oh wait. Perhaps even those who like bitching about players they barely know because City don't want them actually understand that not all unproven players are bad signings; that some are talented and can add to our team, like maybe Konoplyanka is; but I wouldn't hold too much hope. For some it seems that bitching come first: don't sign unproven players FFS! Why are you not signing that Stoke-bound unproven player FFS! It is tiresome
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #1434: Jun 04, 2015 05:08:01 pm
      Personally I think Konoplyanka is a well known name in European football ever since he scored that cracker against England at Wembley what has Cherychev done?.

The Ukrainian league to my knowledge has three decent teams
      1 Shaktar Donetsk
      2 Dinamo Kiev
      3 Dnipro

The French league also has only three decent teams
      1 PSG
      2 Lyon
      3 Monaco

Teams from the Ukraine have arguably been more successful in the last few years than French teams in the Euro League and neither have teams good enough to impact in the Champions League. So when we get linked to a player from French League why does nobody bang on about about them being unproven from a sh*t League, just a thought.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1435: Jun 04, 2015 07:13:49 pm
      That's beyond the point mate...

So I think those who keep saying we should only go for proven players and use the "would City want that player?" stick to beat every rumour to death and cry of our "lack of ambition" was if every rumour as true, perhaps should be happy this 25 year old playing in Ukraine isn't coming.
      Oh I got you point alright Diego...

I'm just not as sure, as you are, that everyone, who posted their 'disappointment' at missing out [after the Stoke 'news' and before your post] are actually...

"those who keep saying we should only go for proven players and use the "would City want that player?" stick to beat every rumour to death and cry of our "lack of ambition" was if every rumour as true..."

I assume you did check before your post and had someone, specifically, in mind. In which case - you (maybe) should have named "those".

If not - then your generalised swipe is more of a literary sneer rather than an actual point.

The point of my original post? To prove the committee, (as some are inferring) are indeed "stupid fuckers".

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1436: Jun 04, 2015 07:20:18 pm
      Personally I think Konoplyanka is a well known name in European football ever since he scored that cracker against England at Wembley what has Cherychev done?.

1 Shaktar Donetsk
      2 Dinamo Kiev
      3 Dnipro

1 PSG
      2 Lyon
      3 Monaco

Teams from the Ukraine have arguably been more successful in the last few years than French teams in the Euro League and neither have teams good enough to impact in the Champions League. So when we get linked to a player from French League why does nobody bang on about about them being unproven from a sh*t League, just a thought.

ukraine only really has 2 big clubs in kiev and donestk......and you're missing out marseille
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1437: Jun 05, 2015 05:53:57 am
      Oh I got you point alright Diego...

I'm just not as sure, as you are, that everyone, who posted their 'disappointment' at missing out [after the Stoke 'news' and before your post] are actually...

"those who keep saying we should only go for proven players and use the "would City want that player?" stick to beat every rumour to death and cry of our "lack of ambition" was if every rumour as true..."

I assume you did check before your post and had someone, specifically, in mind. In which case - you (maybe) should have named "those".

If not - then your generalised swipe is more of a literary sneer rather than an actual point.

The point of my original post? To prove the committee, (as some are inferring) are indeed "stupid fuckers".

I offer you an example.

About the Stoke-bound (if rumours are to be believed) Konoplyanka:

If we let this guy go to Stoke on a free and sign the winger from Real Madrids B team instead it will further prove this clubs transfer policy is broken.

Do we have a Manc in the committee or something?

About the Russian winger Cherishev from Real Madrid (on loan at Villarreal):

Any more than £10 million for this guy is an absolute joke.

Who the f**k is he like?

See? On the one hand, we should be signing proven players because if I don't know a player, he's necessarily rubbish; on the other, if we let a player apparently no one wants go to Stoke, then we must have a manc at the committee or something.

That's only one example but again that's beyond the point. It wasn't my idea to name anyone.

My point is that people sometimes try to find a "golden rule" for what we were supposed to be doing in the transfer market when reality is a different matter. People say: only sign proven players. But even them are capable of seeing that sometimes unproven players can actually add a lot to our team. Others say: we should not sign players from mid-table clubs (we're aiming at mediocrity blablabla), but again, even those people once in a while will realize that mid-table clubs also have talented players that are capable of making the step up to a bigger club.

So as usual I judge each transfer on its merits, and if I know little about the player, as is the case here, I just admit it is so instead of just looking for stuff to complain about with no consistency whatsoever.

Anyway, I think you totally get my point. And I understand yours as well. I'm not happy with the results of the transfer committee either - I'm just not a big fan of the naming and shaming that has occurred in a different thread (and I said so in there) as we don't know the details of how it works. But one thing is clear: it is definitely not delivering what it was supposed to so far.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1438: Jun 05, 2015 09:31:09 am
      Don't care where he has played previously, Konoplyanka IS a good player. Should we forget where we previously signed players from?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1439: Jun 05, 2015 12:18:50 pm
      is this guy now on a free??

we need to sort this deal out hes a solid player who can take set pieces which is something we lack in the side.

and he's FREE!!!! i thought FSG would bite at this ASAP especially if Sterling is being moved on
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1440: Jun 07, 2015 06:14:00 pm
      My point is that people sometimes try to find a "golden rule" for what we were supposed to be doing in the transfer market when reality is a different matter. People say: only sign proven players. But even them are capable of seeing that sometimes unproven players can actually add a lot to our team. Others say: we should not sign players from mid-table clubs (we're aiming at mediocrity blablabla), but again, even those people once in a while will realize that mid-table clubs also have talented players that are capable of making the step up to a bigger club.
      ... And people like to only sign young players players with potential yet even they will eventually realise that this is not a recipe for success; so yes I get what you are saying. Anyhows...

Although... isn't it possible that, if people do actually take transfers on merit [as you reckon they should], it's reasonable for them to be of the opinion that Konoplyanka is proven, worth signing and that they may get upset at missing him? Maybe that [taking each transfer on merit] is what was actually happening.

Anyway, I think you totally get my point.
      I do and you get mine.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1441: Jun 08, 2015 01:52:29 pm
      Although... isn't it possible that, if people do actually take transfers on merit [as you reckon they should], it's reasonable for them to be of the opinion that Konoplyanka is proven, worth signing and that they may get upset at missing him? Maybe that [taking each transfer on merit] is what was actually happening.

That would be entirely fair - but then would also invalidate the generalizations and "golden rules" often the same people try to create, such as, "let's only sign players with experience in a big league" or "let's not sign players from mid-table clubs". It's a call for consistency, if nothing else.

I do and said as much in my previous post
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1442: Jun 08, 2015 02:25:39 pm
      That would be entirely fair - but then would also invalidate the generalizations and "golden rules" often the same people try to create, such as, "let's only sign players with experience in a big league" or "let's not sign players from mid-table clubs". It's a call for consistency, if nothing else.
      Again... I'm not as sure as you that people who both, 'say' those things and are disappointed we haven't signed Konoplyanka, actually exist and certainly not in any quantity worth commenting on but I catch your drift.

Agree 100% on the consistency bit tho'.  :nod:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1443: Jun 08, 2015 02:39:00 pm

1 Shaktar Donetsk
      2 Dinamo Kiev
      3 Dnipro

1 PSG
      2 Lyon
      3 Monaco

Cos it isn't a sh*t league, unlike Ukraine which is the back of the beyond and those three teams are the only teams in the Ukraine. Fore the French League you also forgot former Champions of Europe Marseille, Lille, former big teams like St Ettiene.

That's were your argument falls down ;)

Plus it doesn't really matter as isn't this Konoplywhateverhisnameis off to Spurs.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #1444: Jun 08, 2015 02:44:58 pm
      Cos it isn't a sh*t league, unlike Ukraine which is the back of the beyond and those three teams are the only teams in the Ukraine. Fore the French League you also forgot former Champions of Europe Marseille, Lille, former big teams like St Ettiene.

That's were your argument falls down ;)

Agree to disagree then mate personally I think the three teams from the Ukraine I've mentioned there would hand a massive spanking to Marsaille Lille and St Ettiene, what I meant was 'descent teams' not 'big name teams'.

Apparently he's now off to Sevilla was Stoke last week, because unlike our scouts Sevilla's have the gift of sight and don't require white sticks and guide dogs.

;)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1445: Jun 08, 2015 03:37:56 pm
      Apparently he's now off to Sevilla was Stoke last week, because unlike our scouts Sevilla's have the gift of sight and don't require white sticks and guide dogs

Yup, http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/157403/sevilla-finalising-bakkali-and-konoplyanka-signings/

Safe to say, we can lock this now. But really wondering if Sevilla matched his wage demands
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1446: Jun 09, 2015 04:46:43 pm
      gutted we should have snapped him up with the potential of sterlings departure with his experiance he could have been a great assest on the free
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1447: Jun 10, 2015 03:33:44 pm
      Yup, http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/157403/sevilla-finalising-bakkali-and-konoplyanka-signings/

Safe to say, we can lock this now. But really wondering if Sevilla matched his wage demands
      is that even a good source?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1448: Jun 12, 2015 11:27:01 am
      is this guy still available on a free?

if so we need to get on this we love a bargin now  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply