Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)

Read 84506 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)
      Reply #1449: Jun 17, 2015 10:01:54 am
      shocked we nearly paid around 12-15mil for him a year ago and yet he's now available on a free and we've not tied up this deal!!! its a bargin he's a very good player that would add set piece abilities and goals to the side and comes with experiance and international pedegree all for free!!
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #1450: Jun 17, 2015 10:12:10 am

100% agree mate he's genuine class another two goals on international duty last week, personally think he's a better player than anyone we have bar Coutinho just my opinion.

:)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1451: Jun 17, 2015 11:02:23 am
      100% agree mate he's genuine class another two goals on international duty last week, personally think he's a better player than anyone we have bar Coutinho just my opinion.

:)
      he would be our best attacking winger/mid player and means we wouldnt have to waste lallana by playing him out wide also will help ibe and markovich become better players. wont cost us the world in wages its a no brainer espically with the fact Sterling will go
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #1452: Jun 17, 2015 04:16:58 pm
      1. He was asking for 100k a week from stoke. No way we would pay that
      2. Winger is not high on our priority list
      3. Was never overly impressed with him. Just because he is in good form now doesn't mean he will be in good form when he plays for us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1453: Jun 17, 2015 04:44:15 pm
      1. He was asking for 100k a week from stoke. No way we would pay that
      2. Winger is not high on our priority list
      3. Was never overly impressed with him. Just because he is in good form now doesn't mean he will be in good form when he plays for us.

Well, we would pay him 100k a week but we obviously haven't shown an interest anyway. You don't know what the club regards as a priority in all honesty and the same could be said about any player in the world.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1454: Jun 17, 2015 04:47:15 pm
      Agree to disagree then mate personally I think the three teams from the Ukraine I've mentioned there would hand a massive spanking to Marsaille Lille and St Ettiene, what I meant was 'descent teams' not 'big name teams'.

Apparently he's now off to Sevilla was Stoke last week, because unlike our scouts Sevilla's have the gift of sight and don't require white sticks and guide dogs.

;)

Dont forget the passports.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #1455: Jun 17, 2015 05:00:38 pm
      Well, we would pay him 100k a week but we obviously haven't shown an interest anyway. You don't know what the club regards as a priority in all honesty and the same could be said about any player in the world.

Nah it is not a priority. We clearly have big holes at ST and RB. Nobody in there right mind, including our owners and Rodgers would say winger is a high priority.

They have kept a strict stance on Sterling that he isn't leaving. You also have Markovic and Lallana that can play on the wing. It's not a priority.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1456: Jun 19, 2015 11:36:10 am
      Apparently he has turned down Besiktas, Stoke and Sevilla (may be cos of wages) and Spurs have turned him down (again may be due to wages).
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #1457: Jun 20, 2015 02:09:04 pm
      The latest in the media seems to be that we're considering him on a free as a replacement for
      Raheem.  I mean, if it worked out that would be a fantastic piece of business by the Club, but I don't know what Kono's form has been like of late.  Does anyone? Any views?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1458: Jun 20, 2015 04:02:08 pm
      The latest in the media seems to be that we're considering him on a free as a replacement for
      Raheem.  I mean, if it worked out that would be a fantastic piece of business by the Club, but I don't know what Kono's form has been like of late.  Does anyone? Any views?

Haven't watched him that much but what I've seen of him he looks class. I'm still sore about how that whole transfer mess transpired though.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #1459: Jun 20, 2015 09:35:14 pm
      sign him ffs  :mad:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1460: Jun 20, 2015 09:39:34 pm
      Raheem.

Sounds about right! Sell high, buy low!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1461: Jun 22, 2015 12:22:56 pm
      i think he's a great option after Sterling is gone as he brings experiance to our very young side and can stake freekicks,corners etc
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1462: Jun 22, 2015 12:30:39 pm
      Oleg Konoplyanka -

“We weren’t in a rush to make a decision because we didn’t want to cause harm to anybody. The transfer will be announced this week”
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1463: Jun 22, 2015 12:45:32 pm
      Oleg Konoplyanka -

“We weren’t in a rush to make a decision because we didn’t want to cause harm to anybody. The transfer will be announced this week”
      hopefully its us as his experiance and ability would be welcome down our wings
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #1464: Jun 24, 2015 06:39:25 am
      We tried to sign this lad a couple of windows ago, now he's free i'm wondering why we are not back for him now he's free.

Watched him during the Europa and seems to be a pretty average lad, though maybe not an upgrade to the guys we currently have but wouldnt be a bad squad player.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1465: Jun 24, 2015 08:07:09 am
      i think deals with us will happen quickly now and all our players will be in before preseason as we need a united squad prior to stoke game to hit the ground running, this lad would be a great reaplacement for departing sterling add to that Firminho and if we can get bacca. WOW!!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #1466: Jun 24, 2015 08:27:15 am
      We tried to sign this lad a couple of windows ago, now he's free i'm wondering why we are not back for him now he's free.

Watched him during the Europa and seems to be a pretty average lad, though maybe not an upgrade to the guys we currently have but wouldnt be a bad squad player.

Yarmolenko > Kono

thats who we should be going for
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1467: Jun 24, 2015 06:13:06 pm
      Yarmolenko > Kono

thats who we should be going for

I agree that Yarmolenko is better but one is free, the other will cost about 15m.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1468: Jun 24, 2015 06:20:40 pm

I just think that ship has sailed.
      We have better quality than him here now, and don't need him.
      He can thank his previous club owner for F***ing us about so much, and perhaps that episode put us off any dealings with the player in future.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1469: Jun 25, 2015 08:04:19 am
      i would still take him unless BR is going to actually start using Markovich in an attacking position(which i hope he does)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1470: Jul 02, 2015 03:32:29 pm
      Seems his dad is marketing him now in Turkey. So from us, Spurs, Stoke, Sevilla, Atletico and now to Besiktas.

Wonder why no one takes him?!  ???
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1471: Jul 02, 2015 03:36:57 pm
      Seems his dad is marketing him now in Turkey. So from us, Spurs, Stoke, Sevilla, Atletico and now to Besiktas.

Wonder why no one takes him?!  ???

His financial demands.

Quick Reply