Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)

Read 85142 times
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Re: Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)
      Reply #46: Jan 29, 2014 01:06:36 pm
      Finding it hard to get excited quite yet. I would hate to see Sterling lose his place in the squad. The lad's done everything to prove he can be a first team player. Surely there are other areas in need of strengthening?

On the whole though, the lad looks a decent player :)
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #47: Jan 29, 2014 01:06:46 pm
      Konotinho
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Jan 29, 2014 01:08:15 pm
      If Ian Ayre is involved, I'll hold my breath on this one.

Looks like hes not involved pal!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #49: Jan 29, 2014 01:09:55 pm
      Finding it hard to get excited quite yet. I would hate to see Sterling lose his place in the squad. The lad's done everything to prove he can be a first team player. Surely there are other areas in need of strengthening?

This is the mentality we have to get away from. Football is a squad game. If we have quality depth all over the pitch then we can finally start to compete again. If this lad comes in and takes Sterlings place then he will do so on merit and it will be for the good of the team.

Notice United playing Mata yesterday in place of their best player Janazaj. The likes of City, Chelsea, Arsenal and soon United will have quality throughout their 23 man squad. We also need to have the same. Injuries happen and even if they didn't, competition for places keeps everyone honest.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #50: Jan 29, 2014 01:10:25 pm
      Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews 2m
      Sky Sources: Liverpool head of recruitment Dave Fallows heading to Ukraine for talks with Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka

half battle is won i guess ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #51: Jan 29, 2014 01:20:39 pm
      Sky Sources: Liverpool head of recruitment Dave Fallows heading to Ukraine for talks with Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka. It's been reported that Brendan Rodgers tampered with the numbers on his phone, perfected a New England accent and locked Ian Ayre in the boot of his Panamera till 1st February. More to follow.

I've added the rest of the quote in for you mate.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #52: Jan 29, 2014 01:21:58 pm
      Sky Sources: Liverpool head of recruitment Dave Fallows heading to Ukraine for talks with Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka

He better be careful, they are nearly at war over there
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 29, 2014 01:22:11 pm
      it will be hard to dislodge yesterday's front 6 from the starting 11 but Allen, Lucas, Konoplyanka on the bench sounds good. Moses/Alberto/Aspas don't have the same ability to change a game
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #54: Jan 29, 2014 01:23:10 pm

If Sterling loses is place it will be because this lad is better than him. I don't think that's a bad problem to have is it?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #55: Jan 29, 2014 01:26:07 pm
      If Sterling loses is place it will be because this lad is better than him.
      It's really that simple FL and if he's better we are better.

Ain't that what Liverpool fans should be wanting?

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #56: Jan 29, 2014 01:26:52 pm
      If Sterling loses is place it will be because this lad is better than him. I don't think that's a bad problem to have is it?

We cant depend on Raheem to do the business between now and May week in week out. This fella would be a great addition by the looks of him hes as quick as Raheem. Raheem and Coutinho need rest at times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #57: Jan 29, 2014 01:29:39 pm

Not at all

Darn tootin'

We cant depend on Raheem to do the business between now and May week in week out. This fella would be a great addition by the looks of him hes as quick as Raheem. Raheem and Coutinho need rest at times

Options - that's what we need B78. Options. More the better.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #58: Jan 29, 2014 01:30:09 pm

Also wonder about sticking him in there to give Hendo a rest as well.

Attacking front of Sterling, Kono, Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge???

Yes please!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #59: Jan 29, 2014 01:30:49 pm

You would sure think so. I'm one to fall in love with certain players just as much as the next person but if we're able to bring in someone better, and it helps the team, I'm much more in love with that idea.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #60: Jan 29, 2014 01:34:00 pm
      If Fallows is going to Ukraine instead of Ayre we might even end up signing this one.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #61: Jan 29, 2014 01:36:53 pm
      If Fallows is going to Ukraine instead of Ayre we might even end up signing this one.

We might even get 2 for the price of 1 and bring back Yarmalenko too  ;D
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #62: Jan 29, 2014 01:49:16 pm
      This is the mentality we have to get away from. Football is a squad game. If we have quality depth all over the pitch then we can finally start to compete again. If this lad comes in and takes Sterlings place then he will do so on merit and it will be for the good of the team.

Notice United playing Mata yesterday in place of their best player Janazaj. The likes of City, Chelsea, Arsenal and soon United will have quality throughout their 23 man squad. We also need to have the same. Injuries happen and even if they didn't, competition for places keeps everyone honest.

But surely at this point a strong DM should take priority seen as we are weak in that area as opposed to another attacking player where we have quality in abundance?
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #63: Jan 29, 2014 01:52:35 pm
      Looks a talented player. Russians or Ukrainians don't tend to do very well in the Prem but eventually there will be one who can break that trend.

FSG have no excuses here; get the deal done like a professional outfit and don't be hanging around for another club to come in and gazump the deal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Jan 29, 2014 01:53:06 pm
      But surely at this point a strong DM should take priority seen as we are weak in that area as opposed to another attacking player where we have quality in abundance?

We have quality but not in abundance. Our bench has been shocking for most of the season. Yes I agree we have other priorities right now but if those other players aren't available or don't suit the style of play that Brendan bases his tactics on then what's the harm in strengthening another area of the team?
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #65: Jan 29, 2014 01:53:59 pm
      One season wonder in the last Euros.

Nothing special.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #66: Jan 29, 2014 01:56:25 pm
      I like this guy already, don't know why. I think he is better than salah. fingers crossed
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #67: Jan 29, 2014 01:57:41 pm
      We have quality but not in abundance. Our bench has been shocking for most of the season. Yes I agree we have other priorities right now but if those other players aren't available or don't suit the style of play that Brendan bases his tactics on then what's the harm in strengthening another area of the team?

There's no harm at all mate. I was just wondering, because you see it happen often, a young player (in this case Sterling) playing well, then someone else is brought in and takes their place and people start crying out as to why Sterling isn't getting game time any more. I agree that there is absolutely no harm in strengthening ANY part of the team.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #68: Jan 29, 2014 01:58:09 pm
      That being said he looked quality against us a few months back

Yevhen Konoplyanka vs England (H) 13-14 HD 720p by CriRo7i

Quick Reply