Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v West Brom?

Simon Mignolet
      11 (9.6%)
      Jon Flanagan
      4 (3.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.7%)
      Kolo Toure
      5 (4.3%)
      Aly Cissokho
      6 (5.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      10 (8.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      68 (59.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      5 (4.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      4 (3.5%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Feb 07, 2014 03:31:08 pm

West Brom 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match *****

Read 30216 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: West Brom 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match *****
      Reply #529: Feb 03, 2014 08:24:57 pm
      Just like we have the ability to raise our game for the big teams, we have to realise that other teams see us a a big team, and therefore raise their game for us!
      We need to have intensity in all our games from here on in to hold on to forth.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #530: Feb 03, 2014 08:45:55 pm
      We have squashed plenty of the so called smaller sides this season and over the course of the last calendar year we've done as good a job of putting them away as we have at another time in the last 10 years. We're not going to win them all though because we're not the finished article yet. The challenge I think is to get the results against the bigger sides and with the top three all still to come to Anfield we will see how far we've come.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #531: Feb 03, 2014 11:55:01 pm
      Sh*t, game, sh*t pitch, average result. No point getting all doom and gloom about it, just need to move on.
      Aye, agree. Such a forgettable game. Just sad that we so often fail to take advantage of the results around us. As for Toure and the conceded goal, well, you just couldn't make it up could you.
      I left it late commenting on here to avoid the knee jerk, but that result was so avoidable. Is it Brendan playing too clever with the tactics ? Or are we just unable to play two matches in a row at a decent tempo ?
      Only plus to that I suppose, is we will have a decent tempo against the arse in the next game. But if Sissokho fails to get his first crossing opportunity into the box, he needs taking off. I don't think there is a player in the top 3 divisions who has failed to get a cross into the box more often, from the amount of opportunities he's had. He truly has become a joke, and we as supporters are getting the piss ripped out of us because of his ineptness. Surely Brendan cans see it. Think he is very close to the worst player i've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt. If being a decent athlete was the answer to our troubles, surely Fatima Whitbread is a better option !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #532: Feb 04, 2014 12:58:53 am
      Top 3 are pulling away .

Bitters just behind despite us smacking them about and Spuds still in the mix.

These two points were a big loss.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #533: Feb 04, 2014 04:18:17 pm
      Top 3 are pulling away .

Bitters just behind despite us smacking them about and Spuds still in the mix.

These two points were a big loss.

I think if we are honest with ourselves top 4 was the best we could hope for this season and we are still well on track.

After the spurs game, I genuinely thought we were contenders but in the last 3 or 4 weeks its been quite obvious that it is a 3 horse race for the league title and a four horse race for 4th spot.

If we had gotten 3 points on Sunday and with Spurs taking on Everton this weekend, we would have been in a very strong position indeed  :mad:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #534: Apr 13, 2014 10:19:37 pm
      ;D^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :)

Quick Reply