Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      40 (20.3%)
      Jon Flanagan
      7 (3.6%)
      Aly Cissokho
      1 (0.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      98 (49.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      37 (18.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      7 (3.6%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas
      3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2014 02:43:41 pm

Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!

Read 33504 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Arsenal
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2014 12:18:57 pm
      We're at Anfield, with one of the best home records in the league. It's up to them to worry about us. Not the other way around.

Our line up is one that has served us well and kind of enforced with who is fit and who is playing well. Allen could come in to shore up midfield but he would replace someone who doesn't deserve to be dropped so i see why Brendan has chosen to stay with this line up.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2014 12:18:59 pm
      I would like to see us have the ball a bit more than the last 3 or 4 games....this Arsenal team will be hard to beat but we can do it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2014 12:19:21 pm
      Need to defend better against Arsenal today, with no cock up's in defence. It is vital that we get something out of this game, the way the table stands.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2014 12:20:51 pm
      Think I've gone for a 4-1 win today so they'd better pull their fingers out to get me up the prediction league

I went for 4-2 on the prediction league :D

For some reason I knew Rodgers wouldn't start with Allen, despite all the talk on the match thread.
      It really depends more on how we set up than the name in the team really, here's hope we'll be at our aggressive best and make good use of our chances. Being wasteful against a good technical side like Arsenal could mean death!

Come on Reds!!!
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2014 12:22:12 pm
      Ballsy confident selection from the boss there and I hope we see the team perform as it did against the bitters.

Personally I'd have liked that extra body in midfield but I also like how Brendan slects what he thinks is his best side to attack another team and he's done that again today.

Same here. Allen for Sterling would've been my preference for this one. With Sterling giving us some spark off an otherwise uninspiring bench later in the game.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2014 12:25:57 pm
      We need to get something out of this game today or were relying on Spuds to keep us top 4.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2014 12:27:02 pm
      I think we are going to struggle to get possession today, so when we do get it we need to make the most of it. Hopefully more like against Everton than Villa. I think it will be more about the quality of possession we get rather than the amount of possession.

Would have preferred an extra body in midfield but if we play with the right intensity we can win this. Gerrard really needs to step forward and give Henderson and Coutinho support today.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2014 12:28:43 pm
      Interesting team selection. Really does show how far Allen has fallen in Brendan's eyes when we're against possibly the best midfield in the country and he'd rather go a man light in there than bring him in.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2014 12:32:15 pm
      Interesting team selection. Really does show how far Allen has fallen in Brendan's eyes when we're against possibly the best midfield in the country and he'd rather go a man light in there than bring him in.

When you look at our bench, Allen is probably the only player on it that Brendan still believes in mate.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #32: Feb 08, 2014 12:32:54 pm

Henderson needs to sit right beside Gerrard in this game, otherwise Arsenal midfield runners will make Gerrard look like a 90 year old.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Feb 08, 2014 12:34:08 pm
      As I sit here waiting for the game to start, can't help but think how amazing it would be if we done to these what we done to Everton recently, COME ON REDS!!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #34: Feb 08, 2014 12:34:40 pm
      Going to have to be on it from the first whilst with that team. Do hope Brendan will change it quickly if it seems we're being overrun.

I'd take a draw here to be honest but if we play with a similar intensity to the Everton game we have a great chance of 3 points.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #35: Feb 08, 2014 12:35:49 pm
      Henderson needs to sit right beside Gerrard in this game, otherwise Arsenal midfield runners will make Gerrard look like a 90 year old.

Yeah I agree.

It feels a little bit like the one of those comedy horror films at the moment. I'm trying not to look at our midfield in the hope it's not as bad as I imagine it could be today. Hopefully I can put my pillow down after 5 minutes and just laugh it off.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36: Feb 08, 2014 12:36:24 pm

Hmm, that's a way of seeing it, but I don't really think Brendan has given up on him really, for me it's more a case of him being really without match fitness, and for him to come in you would have to drop either one of Coutinho (one of our main creative forces) or Sterling (in great form), so it was always going to be a difficult decision
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Feb 08, 2014 12:38:29 pm
      C.O.Y.R nervous as F**k here.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #38: Feb 08, 2014 12:39:18 pm
      Pretty nervous for this one. Don't want to spread negativity around here here but their midfield is scaring me. No matter what il be a proud red. Come on you reds
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Feb 08, 2014 12:39:23 pm
      It feels a little bit like the one of those comedy horror films at the moment. I'm trying not to look at our midfield in the hope it's not as bad as I imagine it could be today. Hopefully I can put my pillow down after 5 minutes and just laugh it off.

Thats how I feel, feel like hiding behind the sofa or the first fifteen :D

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #40: Feb 08, 2014 12:40:12 pm
      COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #41: Feb 08, 2014 12:41:08 pm

If Gerrard drops into the centre back position when we're defending, as he hasquite a lot in recent games, I expect Henderson and Coutinho to drop deep and both cover a helluva lot of ground today.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #42: Feb 08, 2014 12:41:52 pm
      Not alot of activity here today. Don't know what to make of it. This place is usually buzzing for big games. Coyr
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #43: Feb 08, 2014 12:41:58 pm
      COME ON!!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #44: Feb 08, 2014 12:42:36 pm
      Pretty nervous for this one. Don't want to spread negativity around here here but their midfield is scaring me. No matter what il be a proud red. Come on you reds

More nervous for this one than I was for Man City or Chelsea games. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #45: Feb 08, 2014 12:42:44 pm
      Ah just seen Monreal starting ahead of Gibbs, need Sterling to get after him cos he's been sh*te lately.

Quick Reply