Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      40 (20.3%)
      Jon Flanagan
      7 (3.6%)
      Aly Cissokho
      1 (0.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      98 (49.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      37 (18.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      7 (3.6%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas
      3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2014 02:43:41 pm

Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!

Read 33501 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!
      Reply #621: Feb 09, 2014 01:34:24 pm
      I did post some time ago, that the Arse are not as strong in the middle with Wilshire playing, and that when the Scum beat them, they had an unfair advantage, as he played against them, and not against us.  It goes to show how disruptive he can be to his own side, if they don't start well. Bickering and bitching at everyone else because he's so brilliant, it's never his fault. Total tosser, and Stevies little nudge really put him in his place. He was massively out played today, and so were the rest of their midfield. Totally dominated in Strength, Passion, Work rate and Sheer Ability.
      If Woy was watching he must have been thinking, F***ing hell, my super star Wilshire, will have to play against that Coutinho lad in Brazil. Holy sh*t !
      We just need to keep the momentum up now, and get the mindset right, that we can start with that same aggression, pace and determination as well.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #622: Feb 09, 2014 01:37:35 pm
      I did post some time ago, that the Arse are not as strong in the middle with Wilshire playing, and that when the Scum beat them, they had an unfair advantage, as he played against them, and not against us.  It goes to show how disruptive he can be to his own side, if they don't start well. Bickering and bitching at everyone else because he's so brilliant, it's never his fault. Total tosser, and Stevies little nudge really put him in his place. He was massively out played today, and so were the rest of their midfield. Totally dominated in Strength, Passion, Work rate and Sheer Ability.If Woy was watching he must have been thinking, f**king hell, my super star Wilshire, will have to play against that Coutinho lad in Brazil. Holy sh*t !We just need to keep the momentum up now, and get the mindset right, that we can start with that same aggression, pace and determination as well.

That last bit, was meant to read,  'same aggression, pace and determination at away games as well.'

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #623: Feb 09, 2014 01:38:46 pm
      Agreed; he was majestic. In fact the only thing missing from his game yesterday was a goal - put the chance, Hendo created for him, either side of Szczesny and the icing was on the cake big style. Are we being too greedy?  ;D

Haha, maybe, but it seems to me he's desperate for a goal.
      He certainly deserves a bit of luck.

What a player when he's in that kind of form, and he kept wilshire pretty quiet as well.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #624: Feb 09, 2014 01:41:22 pm
      When you consider that Suarez made a goal, hit the post with a world class shot, had an incredible freekick saved, made a great first time pass to Sturridge , yet hardly gets much of a mention it shows we were having a good day yesterday.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #625: Feb 09, 2014 01:45:05 pm
      When you consider that Suarez made a goal, hit the post with a world class shot, had an incredible freekick saved
      Two 'shots' I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't saw them with me own eyes mate. If someone had described them to me I'd have thought they were spoofing and called bull-sh*t.

Like I said earlier we were effin awesome from front to back and top to bottom.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #626: Feb 09, 2014 01:51:01 pm
      Agreed; he was majestic. In fact the only thing missing from his game yesterday was a goal - put the chance, Hendo created for him, either side of Szczesny and the icing was on the cake big style. Are we being too greedy?  ;D

If he adds a finishing touch then it would be hard to think of a better front 4 in world football. It always amazes me how someone with such a good pass (include Hendo in this) can lose their composure so much when it comes to a shot.

I actually expect him to develop into a very neat finisher, nothing too spectacular but placed efforts a plenty.

Speaking of negatives, that first corner he took was bloody terrible :D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #627: Feb 09, 2014 01:52:31 pm
      I saw none.  :angel:

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #628: Feb 09, 2014 01:59:13 pm
      The only frustraiting thing is why the hell we can't play like this against lesser opposition? We can smash aside Spurs or Arsenal but struggle against Villa and WBA. With Fulham up next we simply cannot afford to slip up and drop any more silly points because the chasing pack is breathing down our neck.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #629: Feb 09, 2014 02:52:34 pm
      Sunny day today in Liverpool. 

Think we'll be basking in that one until at least Fulham!

Stupendous performance.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #630: Feb 09, 2014 03:00:54 pm
      Joys of Joys .

Another bonus .

The Arse will now probably tank the Mancs.

;D

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #631: Feb 09, 2014 03:51:39 pm
      It's credit to BR for his great job to have the team perform such an excellent form, definitely.

It's not our single or few players to play well and help the team win but this game almost all our players have best performance of their life. It's team performance result of right tactic, strategy and moral.

Just need to make it often enough, boss.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #632: Feb 09, 2014 04:33:03 pm
      I'm not sure how I feel about actually wanting Utd to get something out of their game against Arsenal... hopefully just a point... xD
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #633: Feb 09, 2014 04:46:02 pm
      Wow ! can't believe I've found myself on here again,      Just can't get enough, Just can't get enough, Just can't get enough of your form red men !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #634: Feb 09, 2014 05:25:09 pm
      I'm not sure how I feel about actually wanting Utd to get something out of their game against Arsenal... hopefully just a point... xD

If they lose today then providing we beat West Brom to maintain a 10 point gap over them it wouldn't be the worst result in the world.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #635: Feb 09, 2014 05:33:59 pm
      When we thrash this lot on March 16....

08/09 all over again
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #636: Feb 09, 2014 09:43:40 pm
      Fantastic performance don't think I have seen anything like the first 20 minutes ever.

Exhilarating stuff was almost embarrassing at times how pedestrian we made their back four look, their multi million dollar man and the future of English football.

Amazing performance well played to all.

Massive performance from Skrtel,Flanno, Stevie, Coutinho and Suarez.

Well played lads.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #637: Feb 09, 2014 09:51:36 pm
      Joys of Joys .

Another bonus .

The Arse will now probably tank the Mancs.

;D

Bouncebackability...

But what if they lose and LFC gain on them by 3 points?

Nah, can't see it.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #638: Feb 10, 2014 03:07:44 am
      Ar5ena1
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #639: Feb 10, 2014 04:42:43 am
      Cannot wipe the grin off my face. Best game this season, keep it coming Rodgers Boys!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #640: Feb 10, 2014 06:50:23 am
      Another emphatic win, we've had a few of these this season too. Dare I say it's not a flash in the pan offering either.

I thought Rodgers was brave to say the least in picking Coutinho for the midfield role he did; against an Arsenal side that ran us ragged at the Emirates. It certainly paid off Arteta was made to look appalling and there's us worrying about DM's. Speaking of which this game was a "good comparison for those who believe we're currently better with Gerrard in the side as a DM," I believe we are (and was in a minority) better now with Gerrard there; but we'd also be better there if Gerrard played higher up too. That's to say the captain can still play in most positions and be our best player there - I never doubted he could do the job and I think he can honestly do it better than Lucas because he has more to his game he can offer from that position. His only issue on Saturday was the lunge he made for the penalty, it reminded me of yesteryear when a younger more hothead Steven Gerrard would take someone out with a reckless challenge. Great delivery from two set-pieces that ended up as goals too, another quality that is much needed by any team and as important (in it's own right) as a goal itself.

Skertel & Kolo, after Kolo's horror show last week I think the man bounced back really well and had a good all round game, a lovely through ball to Sterling for the fifth as well, although Kolo could have had a goal himself after Suarez's thunderous shot against the post. I still think as a unit we can much improve from defending set-pieces, including the goal keeper too but it was Arsenal's poor defensive set-pieces that were on show Saturday with a fantastic header from Martin Skertel. That was a cracking header and boy did he look pleased. I think that goal gave him so much confidence (as it should) that for the rest of the game the big Slovak look an imposing figure at the back and did everything right.

Flanno, Flanagan's passing as the last defender on our corners was a crisp and as sharp as anything Gerrard usually does with a pass. The lad has grown in confidence and doesn't look out of place - he's like a mini-Carra scrapping and putting his body in the way when defending and he really got on with his job without a fuss. Ozil & co were in his pocket. Cissoko has improve a bit with his determination.

Henderson for me was my MotM for his industry alone, had he have been a German player he'd be getting rave reviews with this ethic. The lad was all over the place - pressed Ozil to lose possession that resulted in a goal. He allowed the likes of the creative trio ahead of him to go about their business while also supporting his captain going backwards, the lad was everywhere and his was a real handful for Wiltshire and Co.

Coutinho fared better Sat'day than he did against WBA and his work rate and tenacity aided Henderson well in midfield, his vision and through balls especially paid off better against Arsenal than they have done in recent weeks. Had a good game.

SASAS - Brilliant trio that is working well. I honestly think Suarez is looking a little jaded (and who can blame him after the season he's had) but Sturridge and Sterling have IMO carried the mantle and some of the burden that Suarez carried earlier on, and they've picked it up like a baton in a relay race; the pace, threat, scoring, creativity and work rate hasn't dropped and it still rolls on - good to see. I thought Sterling again had another excellent game and it was a due reward in getting his goals.

KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #641: Feb 10, 2014 08:59:05 am
      That game was just simply immense/sensational/outstanding...you get my drift ;D...got goosebumps reading through the match minutes on here.

same tempo again mid-week please lads :)
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #642: Feb 10, 2014 09:50:04 am
      SASASAS

The game against Ar5ena1 was also about Suarez And Sturridge And Sterling And Skrtel.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #643: Feb 10, 2014 10:35:53 am
      One of the most devastating 20 minute spells of football in the history of the Premiership.

Not hyperbole. We could have been 6-0 up at half-time. While it would be easy to say how everything went wrong for Arsenal - and that would be accurate - it's far more exciting to talk about how everything went right for Liverpool.

So what was it? I've always banged on about two things that every great team has: solid defence and pace going forward. This performance showed why. Gerrard orchestrated from deep, making sharp interceptions and moving the ball short and long quickly and accurately. Skrtel was once more solid as a rock, and the fizzing energy and Scouse scowl of Flanno gave Cazorla and co no time or space.

Henderson and Coutinho were non-stop dynamism in midfield, breaking up play and always moving forward, with Coutinho in particular using the ball like a scalpel to peel back layers of defence and leave them totally exposed.

And in the quicksilver trio of Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge were so quick in their movement that Arsenal had no idea were any of them were at any time; for all that they were tracked by Mertesacker and co, they may as well have popped up in puffs of smoke around the pitch, to the surprise and comic dismay of Arsenal.

Mignolet (7). Some decent saves when called upon, and distribution was much improved. Still lots to do, and will want more clean sheets.

Flanno (8.) Had an absolute whale of a time, knocking players over, stealing possession, snarling at whingers.

Skrtel (9). Two goals and another imperious game at the back. Having a fabulous season.

Toure (7). Big improvement from his recent appalling displays, seemed far sharper. Should have scored.

Cissokho (7). Another solid display from the limited but hard-working Aly. Even supplied a great pass for Sterling's second. Neither he nor Toure would be in the first XI - and won't be when injuries clear up - but credit where it is due.

Gerrard (8.). Point off for the penalty challenge, but he was fantastic again. Showed speed of thought and foot, was first to almsot everything, and passed the ball fantastically well. His delivery from setpieces is like lobbing grenades coated with hemlock into the opposition box - explosively lethal.

Coutinho (8.) His passing was mesmerising and his workrate defensively laudable. He had a great battle with Wilshere and came out well on top in that physical tussle, but used his technique to carve Arsenal to shreds.  A passing masterclass.

Henderson (8.). He can be sometimes all workrate and peripheral impact, but our high-energy artisan was integral to how we played against Arsenal's artists. He never gave them any room to breathe, never mind play, and his use of the ball was very effective. Should have scored, and needs to work on his finishing, but is growing in influence.

Sterling (9). Two goals and an all-round great display. He worked tirelessly and that electrifying pace was a devastating asset. Put simply, if he gets the right pass and makes the right run, he can't be caught.

Sturridge (8.). Another game, another goal. 18 so far in a quite brilliant season. He was attacking from all angles and punished Arsenal mercilessly. They had no way to stop him.

Suarez (8.). Unselfish and tireless work from wide positions, he created chances at will and made time stand still with that balletic turn and exocet shot that nearly took the post out of the ground. If thagt had gone in, we'd have been watching replasy of it for years. No other player can do what he does. A magician.

Quick Reply