Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      40 (20.3%)
      Jon Flanagan
      7 (3.6%)
      Aly Cissokho
      1 (0.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      98 (49.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      37 (18.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      7 (3.6%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas
      3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2014 02:43:41 pm

Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!

Read 33500 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!
      Reply #644: Feb 10, 2014 10:53:32 am
      My God! Where to begin.

That opening 20 mins was just frantic, and well discussed. But our hunger, passion, energy, pace, pressing - everything was just fantastic. I'll forget about that moment of madness from the defence that let Monreal/Giroud in on goal just after our 1st slide for now!

Credit to the boss, he set us up perfectly. He saw that Arsenal could be got at early and if put under pressure would buckle. Palace recently set up the same & held them 0-0 til HT at the Emirates. I did not expect this at all, and thought we would set up on the counter to be honest & try nick a goal or 2, hopefully getting a 1-0 or 2-1. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect such a result like this. Certainly our best result since 2009, and possibly more.

All the plaudits will go to Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez, Srktel etc but there was some terrific performances across the whole team - Coutinho, Hendo, Flanagan. Cissohko put in another solid defence game. He gets a lot of stick when on the ball but in fairness to the lad, he is not all that bad defending. Defending is his primary role so cannot be too critical but the modern full back does need to be comfortable in both attack & defence but at least lately it looks like Cissohko can be trusted somewhat defensively. He did get forward ok in this game to be fair to him. I would only be critical (nit-picking here I know) but I think Mignolet could have done better. As mentioned, that chance in the 1st few minutes & again in the 2nd half when a corner came in & was bobbling around the 6 yard box. He should have burst through all the defenders & caught it instead of staying on his line watching it. He did have some good saves tho in the game, notably Arteta.

Great game overall, can't wait to watch more highlights whenever I can - it was that good.

On a different note, what a snide little c**t Wilshere is. Never really warmed to him that much the last few years anyways but because he is English he will get bigged up for 'trying' to get Arsenal back into the game in 2nd half. The only thing he did was throw lat tackles in on players and then run a bit with the ball to try look good for the camera after the game was lost. If he was any good he would have tried stop us in the 1st half & wasn't he involved in loosing the ball for the 3rd or 4th goal too? Do yourself a favour Jack.

Quiet title challenge?! :) 6pts is not much when there is 39 still to play for.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!
      Reply #645: Feb 10, 2014 06:22:36 pm
      What you would call a bitter sweet article ..........

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/arsenal-fan-stabs-liverpool-supporter-during-bitter-argument-over-51-game-9119764.html

An Arsenal fan in Kenya stabbed a Liverpool supporter on Saturday as they watched the 5-1 Premier League game unfold.

Liverpool won the game after racing into a 4-0 lead after just 20 minutes.

The local police chief for the north eastern region of Meru, Tom Odera, told Reuters: "the assailant and the deceased had a bitter argument over the match".

He continued: "The assailant, David Mwangi, drew out a knife and stabbed Anthony Mutethia."

It is not the first time a football related dispute in Africa has grabbed headlines.

A man in the Iganga District of Eastern Uganda reportedly lost his house in a bet over the outcome of the meeting between Arsenal and Manchester United earlier this season. The winner of that particular bet had staked his Toyota Premio and one of his wives.

A Manchester United follower in the capital of Nairobi last year committed suicide after his team lost to Newcastle.

Quick Reply