Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Fulham

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      (0.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.6%)
      Kolo Toure
      (0.6%)
      Aly Cissokho
      (0%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (67.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.2%)
      Phillipe Coutinho
      (11.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (1.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (6.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      (8.2%)
      Joao Teixeira (sub)
      (1.8%)
      Daniel Agger (sub)
      (0%)

Fulham 2 - 3 Liverpool : In Game & Post Game Added Time Celebration

Read 37017 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,551 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Fulham 2 - 3 Liverpool : In Game & Post Game Added Time Celebration
      Reply #736: Feb 12, 2014 10:52:11 pm
      The ball bobbled horrendously when Toure went to clear it. It bobbled so close to him he had no time to react. He was honest about his pass that lead to WBA equalising, held his hands up and said 'sorry'. But he was equally honest when he pointed to the ground incredulously tonight. He was unlucky in my book.

4 points off the top with City and Chavs at home

One sour note, did anyone else think Flanno had a bit of a 'mare' tonight?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #737: Feb 12, 2014 10:52:12 pm
      How did Flanno do tonight lads?

Well he was on the winning team, lets just leave it there
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #738: Feb 12, 2014 10:52:19 pm

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #739: Feb 12, 2014 10:53:28 pm

Definitely at fault for their 2nd goal, only caught the last 35mins on a crap stream so can't really comment too much on him, but there was one occasion we had numbers on Fulham, Stevie played Flanno out wide and his cross was just appalling - other than that I hardly noticed him.
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #740: Feb 12, 2014 10:54:46 pm

Much better than the response I gave! Couldn't give a sh*te how anyone performed tonight, we won and it was a vital win. We've come a very long way under Brendan.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #741: Feb 12, 2014 10:56:43 pm
      Anyone see Aspas on the side line? He was more animated than half the coaching staff.

+1 FOR IAGO
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #742: Feb 12, 2014 10:58:49 pm
      Much better than the response I gave! Couldn't give a sh*te how anyone performed tonight, we won and it was a vital win. We've come a very long way under Brendan.

The entire defence was bad tonight,
      but hey 3 Points.

8)
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #743: Feb 12, 2014 11:04:31 pm
      Definitely at fault for their 2nd goal, only caught the last 35mins on a crap stream so can't really comment too much on him, but there was one occasion we had numbers on Fulham, Stevie played Flanno out wide and his cross was just appalling - other than that I hardly noticed him.

Don't think it was his fault to be fair. A guy runs through the middle unmarked, Flanno was on his mark. Richardson was at the top of the box when the ball was hit. One of our central midfielders should have picked him up but none of them did. Therefore, the ball was lingering around the box and he just put it home.

Not like I care, we won!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #744: Feb 12, 2014 11:07:03 pm
      Just seen the replay, the ball did not bobble Kolo! Your a lucky lucky boy. But we love ya
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #745: Feb 12, 2014 11:10:38 pm
      Judging by the way Stevie is pumped up and the way Suarez acted after we got it back to 2 2 i would say the players think there is more to this than 4th ,while everyone wanted to grab Coutinho to celebrate the goal he was straight in the net getting the ball, had a little pat with him but was trying to get them back to the half way to get on and find the winner, its this desire and belief that just might drag us over the line ,and talking of goals scored we are only two behind the all conquering city who people have been lauding it over for weeks.
                                                   Come on you reds we are in it. 
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #746: Feb 12, 2014 11:10:45 pm
      The ball bobbled horrendously when Toure went to clear it. It bobbled so close to him he had no time to react. He was honest about his pass that lead to WBA equalising, held his hands up and said 'sorry'. But he was equally honest when he pointed to the ground incredulously tonight. He was unlucky in my book.

4 points off the top with City and Chavs at home

One sour note, did anyone else think Flanno had a bit of a 'mare' tonight?

Didn't think Flanagan had a good game either, nor did the centre backs.

But once again - and fair play to the guy after giving him so much grief - Cissokho didn't put a foot wrong in the game. His tackles were excellent, and while he will never be good with the ball at his feet, he did his defensive duty while also making that great interception for Gerrard to play that wonderful ball to Sturridge.

We obviously HAVE to play much better when away, and certainly against smaller teams. But 3 points is 3 points, and as long as there is an improvement, then I won't lose too much sleep. Defence is the big priority in these games. Major F**k ups by individuals are costing us. Hopefully the return of Agger, and Sakho soon, bucks up their ideas.

P.S. Hope Fulham get relegated - they played awful-to-watch route one tactics. Awful, and I hope Meulensteen fucks off from the Premier League sooner rather than later.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #747: Feb 12, 2014 11:14:49 pm
      Judging by the way Stevie is pumped up and the way Suarez acted after we got it back to 2 2 i would say the players think there is more to this than 4th ,while everyone wanted to grab Coutinho to celebrate the goal he was straight in the net getting the ball, had a little pat with him but was trying to get them back to the half way to get on and find the winner, its this desire and belief that just might drag us over the line ,and talking of goals scored we are only two behind the all conquering city who people have been lauding it over for weeks.
                                                   Come on you reds we are in it. 

I don't expect them to win and I very much doubt they will win the league. But they must keep that mentality of challenging for the league to reach as high as they can, and not just play for Champions League football because that risks looking down the table instead of up.

Shankly's motto, 'aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling, aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor' has never rung more true.
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014 11:41:02 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #748: Feb 12, 2014 11:32:42 pm
      Don't think the alleged bobble had anything to with kolo's blunder just a plain and simple hoof ball clearance from a player who has no touch and finesse where it could possibly have been controlled with a touch before clearing it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #749: Feb 12, 2014 11:34:31 pm
      Wow! Thank you to the players for showing that grit; in this weather, the worst I can remember for weird gales etc.. smashing up my neighborhood with thunderous crashing sounds.
      We did well and I am so relieved that we got the three points, I think we have to try for all points in every-of-the-games to come.
      I'm so pleased and hope all ppl on here feel some relief. We did deserve the victory and it wasn't flucky or nothing.
      Suazez for my motm for his neverending determination even when he's not scoring.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #750: Feb 12, 2014 11:43:40 pm
      still on cloud 9 after that. what a game. but, if our attacking machine has an off day, we're punished. the defense has got to sort these silly fooking mistakes out. the first one was a ridiculous soft own goal. toure's done well for us but time to give him a few games off to get his confidence back. as for the second goal, where do i start? skrtl shouldn't conceded the throw in that close to us. think it was coutinho who allowed them space to hoof it in. mignolet should be coming out to easily claim that and why skrtl doesnt hook it away with his left foot is beyond me.

our attack is awesome enough to get us into top 4...but if we don't cut out the defensive errors, forget about the league. it wasn't even a one off day, we've had these errors throughout the season.

having said that, i'm so F***ing happy with the winning mentality. i'm proud of our boys for keeping going till the end and winning the type of games we would normally give up on. well done boys and what an entertaining game again.

YNWA!!!
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #751: Feb 12, 2014 11:56:39 pm
      Just caught up with the game and the board.
      Appalling tactics from BR tonight. I mean how can you expect to beat the bottom side in the league if you don't bang at least 80 crosses into the box?
      Oh hang on .............!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #752: Feb 13, 2014 12:09:27 am
      Just caught up with the game and the board.
      Appalling tactics from BR tonight. I mean how can you expect to beat the bottom side in the league if you don't bang at least 80 crosses into the box?
      Oh hang on .............!
      HaHa! exactly!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #753: Feb 13, 2014 01:25:06 am
      Think this was one of those game where all the pleasure comes from the result and perhaps our determination to get it, and none from our actual performance.

Gerrard was easily m.o.t.m. while it is difficult to pick out anyone else who had a good game. One of those games were the result may have a huge significance come the end of the season, while the performance is best forgotten.

We certainly didn't make it any easier for ourselves with the defensive errors , but full credit to Daniel for his clinical finish, Coutinho for having...just one more shot, and Gerrard for having the coolest head in the stadium.

More check-side than Hendry can put on a snooker ball

« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2014 02:30:07 am by s@int »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #754: Feb 13, 2014 02:39:39 am
      We got the 3 points and that was all that mattered, It was not easy though and my old heart worked overtime for the full match. I am getting worried with Toure and the mistakes he is making, mistakes that should not happen to a man of his experience. At the back of my mind I am thinking is he a CITY PLANT out to destroy us.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #755: Feb 13, 2014 03:07:27 am
      Think this was one of those game where all the pleasure comes from the result and perhaps our determination to get it, and none from our actual performance.

Gerrard was easily m.o.t.m. while it is difficult to pick out anyone else who had a good game. One of those games were the result may have a huge significance come the end of the season, while the performance is best forgotten.

We certainly didn't make it any easier for ourselves with the defensive errors , but full credit to Daniel for his clinical finish, Coutinho for having...just one more shot, and Gerrard for having the coolest head in the stadium.

More check-side than Hendry can put on a snooker ball

That pass just gets better everytime you watch it. One of the best passes and assists I've ever seen him or anyone made.

Delighted that we are revelling in such a performance from the number one hero. Admittedly thought those days were gone, but as always in his career, he always pops up with a surprise when you least expect it!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #756: Feb 13, 2014 03:09:20 am
      Everyone saying it wasn't a great performance, but we came out in the second half and we were all over them. Then, all of a sudden, they somehow managed to get up our end of the field and scored from defensive howler.

It looked inevitable that Liverpool were going to score, but the unexpected goal from Fulham certainly rocked the boat in terms of performance for the rest of the game.

The fact we responded to it was magnificent.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #757: Feb 13, 2014 03:12:57 am
      Still buzzing

What an important win that was.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #758: Feb 13, 2014 03:35:40 am
      Didn't like watching that match, it felt as though it was going to be 'one of those nights'. Watching that Gerrard pass again in S@int's gif just demonstrates what the advocates of him playing DM believed in, and why he can do that role plus still be a threat there. That pass was something else! And it was finished off coolly be Sturridge who is great in those one on one positions. Another bit of individuality I marveled over was Suarez's little flick on, to himself after turning their RB, that was just sublime.

Fulham played deep and were organised and for a good while there we were going nowhere, our pay was stagnant. I think the team talk at HT must have had an impact because we started to zip the ball from side to side more, and quicker - in order to stretch their midfield and defense. The tempo was up but it still didn't look as though it was going to be our night. Then bang they undeservedly take the lead. Coutinho equalised who up until that point I thought stunk the joint out a bit with his performance, Flanagan to had a game to forget. Then Sturridge wins us the penalty in 90 mins and I couldn't believe our number had come in, because I just had the feeling we'd rue another under-par away performance, only for the captain to calmly finish it off and take 3pts from the match.

Not the most convincing win, but I'm just glad we grinded it out against a very determined, defensive outfit.

Phew!

:scarf:

Quick Reply