Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC pub aims to reopen as hotel

Read 5936 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      LFC pub aims to reopen as hotel
      Jul 29, 2013 08:57:39 am
      Used to be my pre-match boozer.

A fire-damaged former pub popular with Liverpool football fans could be brought back to life as a new hotel complex.

Cabbage Hall, in Breck Road near Anfield Stadium, was the target of a suspected arson attack in summer 2010 and is currently vacant.

New plans have now been submitted to Liverpool City Council by Dales Management Company to bring the 2.5-storey building back into use as a 69-bedroom hotel and pub.

Dales is looking to refurbish and extend the premises, which date back to the early 1900s, by adding an additional storey across the width of the building and four-storey extensions to either end.

The ground floor of the building would house the new pub, hotel entrance, five bedrooms and a 580 sq ft retail unit with the remaining rooms to be constructed in the extensions.

Planning permission was granted last year to a separate development of 25 flats on a bowling green neighbouring the pub.

Liverpool-based architecture firm Condy & Lofthouse has designed the scheme.

A statement accompanying the application said: "The former public house is a significant landmark for this part of Anfield due to its corner position but has sadly closed and suffered fire damage. The property is currently boarded up.

"(The pub had) multi-paned timber windows, possibly sash windows, which helped to give the building a certain character.

"It is proposed that ornate features, such as the existing chimney stacks, are to be retained and increased in height.

"The proposals for the site seek to promote good design in order to create high quality environment for users and seeks to be an attractive and safe place to stay."
      MsGerrard
      Re: LFC pub aims to reopen as hotel
      Reply #1: Jul 29, 2013 03:00:57 pm
      ^^^ Sounds like it could be a good place for me to stay 8) It was always a boss place to have a pre-match drink.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2: Jul 29, 2013 03:08:15 pm
      Did they ever catch the arsonist? Because the cynic in me is looking through conspiracy eyes after the way the club has been dealing with homeowners would not surprise me someone hired a fire starter   :D

Very convenient it's been proposed for a new hotel now that the club is staying put with a refurbishment  :roll:

Jokes aside I think it's a great idea & one that's needed.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Jul 29, 2013 03:16:19 pm
      Its a good walk from Anfield Shabs, not really close to the ground hun  ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4: Jul 29, 2013 03:51:46 pm
      Its a good walk from Anfield Shabs, not really close to the ground hun  ;)

:D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,100 posts | 8521 
      Reply #5: Jul 29, 2013 04:16:53 pm
      Did they ever catch the arsonist? Because the cynic in me is looking through conspiracy eyes after the way the club has been dealing with homeowners would not surprise me someone hired a fire starter   :D

Very convenient it's been proposed for a new hotel now that the club is staying put with a refurbishment  :roll:

Jokes aside I think it's a great idea & one that's needed.

Probably, but happens to loads of boozers around here, soon as they get boarded up, they get firebombed!

Used to love going the cabbage for a bevvy, atmosphere around there for both Chelsea semi's in 2005 and 2007 was F***ing superb.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2013 07:13:55 am
      Sounds alright dun it?
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #7: Jul 30, 2013 11:12:14 am
      I had the unfortunate experience of staying at a travel lodge outside old trafford . Bloody restaurant was full of pictures of mancs, have you tried eating whilst looking at peter shmiekel? Seriously though there was at least four hotel chains near the ground so there must be money in it...
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2013 07:18:09 pm
      Miss the Cabbage and think its a sound idea John just hope it gets going and succeeds.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #9: Sep 03, 2013 10:16:17 pm
      Any update John on the arl Cabbage, not seen anything in the Echo or any other press releases.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #10: Jan 07, 2014 11:13:24 pm
      Any one got any pics of when it was in its glory days ?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Jan 07, 2014 11:59:19 pm
      Any one got any pics of when it was in its glory days ?

Had many a happy bevvy in here before match day and it was especially good when the weather was nice as most people would congreate outside where the flags would be waved and songs would be sung  :scarf:

Unfortunately, this is what it looks like now  :(
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2014 02:07:43 pm
      Happy Days !!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2014 07:55:48 pm

Try this one....Cabbage'd !! ;D
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #14: Jan 12, 2014 04:07:07 pm

Had many a happy bevvy in here before match day and it was especially good when the weather was nice as most people would congreate outside where the flags would be waved and songs would be sung  :scarf:

Unfortunately, this is what it looks like now  :(

Walked past their a lot and always thought it would be an ideal place for a pub on match day. In fact, I've even parked their before a game on at least one occasion. As disappointed as I am to lose a parking space ( ;) ) hopefully it can reopen.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 26, 2014 10:45:03 pm
      Many happy days spent in there before a match, be good to see it back in some capacity, where fans could mingle for a pre match pint or two.

Quick Reply