Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Tour de France: the Grand Depart

Read 6003 times
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Tour de France: the Grand Depart
      Jul 01, 2014 07:33:55 pm
      Anyone out and about over the weekend?  I'm hoping to get Sunday off to watch stage 2 come through Sheffield. Bit annoyed that stages 1 and 3 are set up for Cav to win but 2 will more likely be one of the GC riders like Froome Sagan or Nibili
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Tour de France: the Grand Depart
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2014 08:15:35 pm
      Anyone out and about over the weekend?  I'm hoping to get Sunday off to watch stage 2 come through Sheffield. Bit annoyed that stages 1 and 3 are set up for Cav to win but 2 will more likely be one of the GC riders like Froome Sagan or Nibili

Not happy that I've got to change my route home from work on Saturday due to Woodhead pass being closed all weekend but it'll be an awesome spectacle for anyone able to get up there to watch it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Jul 03, 2014 03:37:58 pm
      this is just the side show I still prefer to see the Tour in France...still cant wait for it to start though even if Sir Brad has been dropped.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3: Jul 03, 2014 07:21:05 pm
      Really think sky have dropped a b0110ck by not taking both of them. Stage 5 features a lot of the cobbled roads used in the Paris Roubaix one day race and are a receipe for an accident. Only needs Froome to fall off and break something (as Sir Brad did 3 years ago) and sky are screwed because they have no one else on the team who can win the GC and few others on stage win contention.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2014 09:55:07 am
      I think Brad will be seething and fully expect him to jump ship later on this year its very disrespectful to him because Brailsford is saying he doesn't trust him. His form has been good enough to get into the team.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2014 08:03:22 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised if he did the Commonwealth and World track this year and then called it a day. Unless of course he fancies a straight fight with Froome to put the record of the last two years straight
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2014 12:19:12 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised if he did the Commonwealth and World track this year and then called it a day. Unless of course he fancies a straight fight with Froome to put the record of the last two years straight

no he wants to do the track at the next games so he could switch back later this year and be done with the road as he has nothing to prove.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2014 12:19:38 pm
      mental size crowd for the grande depart
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #8: Jul 05, 2014 08:17:42 pm
      And I rest my case. If that had been Froome instead of Cav sky's tour would be over.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Jul 06, 2014 12:32:16 pm
      crowds again mental been over Holme Moss and Woodhead many times its going to be awesome
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #10: Jul 09, 2014 02:59:40 pm
      Really think sky have dropped a b0110ck by not taking both of them. Stage 5 features a lot of the cobbled roads used in the Paris Roubaix one day race and are a receipe for an accident. Only needs Froome to fall off and break something (as Sir Brad did 3 years ago) and sky are screwed because they have no one else on the team who can win the GC and few others on stage win contention.

My crystal ball was obviously working!!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Jul 09, 2014 08:24:52 pm
      My crystal ball was obviously working!!

no not really because Brad did not have the form to ride a 3 week tour and a team is based around one rider if that team wants to go for GC.
      If you want to see what happens when you have two big names go back and look at Greg Lemond and LE Badger. Richie Porte can still challenge come the mountains

Quick Reply