Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match:

01 Jones
      1 (1%)
      38 Flanagan
      1 (1%)
      20 Cissokho*
      0 (0%)
      08 Gerrard
      31 (30.4%)
      37 Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      05 Agger
      0 (0%)
      24 Allen
      0 (0%)
      10 Coutinho
      1 (1%)
      15 Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      07 Suarez
      18 (17.6%)
      31 Sterling
      49 (48%)
      14 Henderson (Sub*)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.

Read 29744 times
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Re: Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.
      Reply #552: Feb 17, 2014 11:41:27 am
      Flanno and Cissokho are average at best going forward. They are decent in defense, but for this high level their offensive skills and crosses are poor. That really showed in that game. For me they were the only two players which just stood out as not matching the overall level of the game. Good performance from most of the lads, Strurridge was not in his best form but he is excused.. the effort was evident.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #553: Feb 17, 2014 12:00:16 pm
      Flanno and Cissokho are average at best going forward. They are decent in defense, but for this high level their offensive skills and crosses are poor. That really showed in that game. For me they were the only two players which just stood out as not matching the overall level of the game. Good performance from most of the lads, Strurridge was not in his best form but he is excused.. the effort was evident.

Joe Allen was the worst player on the pitch. Yet again. I can't stand watching him play. Yeah, Cissokho is a rubbish footballer with sh*t technique, bnut he gives it everything and within his limitations has had a few decent games. Allen was a dismal non-enity from strt to finish and was one of the reasons we lost the game. He adds nothing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #554: Feb 17, 2014 12:03:10 pm
      Just go and finish above the cu*ts now.

Terrible officiating costing us in a big game again.

That's City, Chelsea (In the league) and now Arsenal in the Cup.
      Games decided by small margins, games where poor officiating standards cost LFC.

How many consecutive league games has Webb mismanaged and led to a defeat for LFC?
      That tells a story.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #555: Feb 17, 2014 12:21:47 pm
      The result, with Howard Webb, MoM for Arsenal, just leaves us to make an all out assault on the league and a great chance to either snatch the title or at least consolidate a Champion's League place.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #556: Feb 17, 2014 12:36:00 pm
      How many consecutive league games has Webb mismanaged and led to a defeat for LFC?
      That tells a story.

The man is a grade A c***. He is a self-serving pr**k who clearly has an anti-LFC agenda and the FA keep picking him to officiate our big games. He's more interested in being the centre of attention than officiating a good game. This was the pr**k who awarded Man U a 1st minute penalty in Kenny's comeback game when Berbaturd clearly dived. This was the pr**k who ignored a clear penalty against Chelsea when Eto hacked Luis down and he's just done it again against Arse. I have a list as long as my arm about the piece of sh*t.

Now I have got that out of my system, we were the better side and we should have won. We created more clear cut chances and Sturridge should have had a hatrick. He looked a little nervous today, not his usual arrogant and confident self and I can't think why. The only thing that springs to mind is that if he scored, he would have broken the record for being the only Liverpool player to have scored in 9 consecutive games. Perhaps that was playing on his mind.

Either way, we lost due to bad refereeing once again and we learn from it. We shouldn't even have been in a position to allow such influence for Webb by taking all our chances. Move on and finish above the pathetic turds and their dry supporters.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #557: Feb 17, 2014 01:10:10 pm
      damn I forgot it was Webb who decided Eto didn't bodycheck Luis. He certainly seems to assume that Suarez dives all the time. In fairness Luis did go way over the top in the theatrics, on first look I didn't think it was a penalty either when later it was very clear. If Luis had gone down naturally I think it would have been given, maybe Webb just penalises sh*t play acting, which I actually applaud.

Having said all that I'm really not to bothered about being out, especially given we played superbly. It means we can focus on the league and that is the most important thing this season. Personally I hope Arsenal win it just so Wenger can rub it in Maureen's smug arrogant face.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #558: Feb 17, 2014 01:55:12 pm
      maybe Webb just penalises sh*t play acting, which I actually applaud.

completely disagree on this mate. i get your sentiment and i do think that diving and play acting should be stamped out of the game. if a player dives to try and get a penalty, he should be yellow carded, that's the refs job.

but, penalising a player for "over-acting", which is, it must be said, one of luis' weaknesses, by not awarding him a legitimiate penalty is unacceptable and should not at any stage, be a part of a refereeing guideline. it's a dangerous train of thought.

my preference is that persistent divers are retrospectively penalised by way of fines, retrospective cards and even bans by the fa. the ref's job is to ignore any theatrics, reactions from players, emotional outbursts and referee a game on merit...something webb has repeatedly failed to do so and thus proving my point that he is indeed a human turd.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #559: Feb 17, 2014 02:07:59 pm
      https://mobile.twitter.com/HowardWebb_ref is that really Howard webs twitter?  Talking about promises to ferguson and revenge in euro 2012 and betting on games?  Surely a windup.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #560: Feb 17, 2014 02:08:34 pm
      Seven games between ourselves and Arsenal have been officiated by Howard Webb, Arsenal have won the last four while the first three were all draws.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #561: Feb 17, 2014 02:50:56 pm
      Allen actually got mom in the echo
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #562: Feb 17, 2014 02:53:36 pm
      That tells a story.

In both the Chelsea and Arsenal games Howard Webb has waved away blatant fouls inside the box on Luis Suarez,
      which have ultimately cost Liverpool given that both games finished 2-1.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #563: Feb 17, 2014 02:59:27 pm
      Webb should never be allowed to ref a Liverpool again.

How is a policeman for South Yorkshire Police allowed to referee us? You know them corrupt bas**rds don't like Scousers.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #564: Feb 17, 2014 03:20:46 pm
      In both the Chelsea and Arsenal games Howard Webb has waved away blatant fouls inside the box on Luis Suarez,
      which have ultimately cost Liverpool given that both games finished 2-1.

Mate it's cu*ts like him who began and perpetuate the vilification of Luis Suarez, he was and is Ferguson's most willing accomplice.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #565: Feb 17, 2014 03:30:39 pm
      Mate it's cu*ts like him who began and perpetuate the vilification of Luis Suarez, he was and is Ferguson's most willing accomplice.

I can only imagine what would have happened if it had been Suarez and not Sterling that had placed a hand on him.

Pure rage in that stare.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #566: Feb 17, 2014 03:42:51 pm
      Allen actually got mom in the echo

Some kind of technical error or sick joke. He was hopeless. Again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #567: Feb 17, 2014 03:44:04 pm
      I can only imagine what would have happened if it had been Suarez and not Sterling that had placed a hand on him.

Pure rage in that stare.

The F***ing idiot would have gone down like the bag of sh*te that he is and got stretchered off.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #568: Feb 17, 2014 04:02:35 pm
      Anyone else enjoy that loss?

Don't get me wrong was a heartbreaker to be unjustly beaten but F**k me are Arsenal well off us at the moment? We embarrassed them and they treated a fluke win like a F***ing final! Shows who the bigger club is.

We're on our way to plenty more trophies and much more success than they are. Was laughable how much we dominated them in their own backyard. Fingers crossed Wenger and Moyes have jobs next season. Thats two less clubs we have to worry about.

Pleasure to say our rivals this season are City and Chelsea.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #569: Feb 17, 2014 04:06:02 pm

Don't get me wrong was a heartbreaker to be unjustly beaten but f**k me are Arsenal well off us at the moment? We embarrassed them and they treated a fluke win like a f**king final! Shows who the bigger club is.

We're on our way to plenty more trophies and much more success than they are. Was laughable how much we dominated them in their own backyard. Fingers crossed Wenger and Moyes have jobs next season. Thats two less clubs we have to worry about.

No, I didn't enjoy it.

And given Arsenal are now in the FA cup QFs, still playing in the European Cup, are ahead of us in the league, have now beaten us twice this season, and have far bigger transfer funds than us, I'd say that we still have a bit of catching up to do.

But carry on gloating over us getting beat. It's weird, but quite funny.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #570: Feb 17, 2014 04:10:41 pm
      No, I didn't enjoy it.

And given Arsenal are now in the FA cup QFs, still playing in the European Cup, are ahead of us in the league, have now beaten us twice this season, and have far bigger transfer funds than us, I'd say that we still have a bit of catching up to do.

But carry on gloating over us getting beat. It's weird, but quite funny.

I just met you, and this is crazy, but go *** yourself :)
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #571: Feb 17, 2014 04:30:28 pm

Don't get me wrong was a heartbreaker to be unjustly beaten but f**k me are Arsenal well off us at the moment? We embarrassed them and they treated a fluke win like a f**king final! Shows who the bigger club is.

Just came on here to post something similar but this is spot on.
      Don't get me wrong I was disappointed but at the final whistle I had a big grin on my face as we F***ing battered those soppy tw*ts of the pitch.
      It was a pleasure watching that second half performance bloody brilliant .
      Loved sturridges reaction at the end he looked gutted,that's exactly what I want to see players who give a sh*t.
      And helping that idiot tie his laces was hilarious .
      The futures looking good kids:-)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #572: Feb 17, 2014 04:46:31 pm
      Some kind of technical error or sick joke. He was hopeless. Again.

Ummh no that would probably be your rating of Allen!

Considering Allen played 4 Key passes in the match compared to Coutinho's 3, put in just as many tackles and more crucially was a calming influence on the pitch in making sure we completely controlled the game in the second half. Thats not something we have been able to say most of the season. 
      Why dont you berate Sturridge for missing two relatively easy chances or even Agger for missing an open goal with his header. Maybe its just your preconceived view of Allen that you cant see beyond.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Joe was spectacular but some of the criticism on here is just frankly OTT.

We lost yesterday because our forwards had an off day and nothing to do with Joe Allen.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #573: Feb 17, 2014 04:55:49 pm

Don't get me wrong was a heartbreaker to be unjustly beaten but F**k me are Arsenal well off us at the moment? We embarrassed them and they treated a fluke win like a F***ing final! Shows who the bigger club is.

I get your point Crouchie, even if it went over some folks heads!
      You're spot on we have caught right up with Arsenal and will probably overtake them before the seasons out.
      Good times ahead for us if FSG realize what needs to be done.

manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #574: Feb 17, 2014 04:56:09 pm
      He was anonymous and didn't put any pressure on their players. Which is why he won't be playing in our next game and will return to the bench where he belongs.

Hopefully we'll find some mug club willing to give us £5m for him in the summer, which is more than he's worth.

The Welsh Xavi. He's the F***ing Welsh Hayden Mullins.

Quick Reply