Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match:

01 Jones
      1 (1%)
      38 Flanagan
      1 (1%)
      20 Cissokho*
      0 (0%)
      08 Gerrard
      31 (30.4%)
      37 Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      05 Agger
      0 (0%)
      24 Allen
      0 (0%)
      10 Coutinho
      1 (1%)
      15 Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      07 Suarez
      18 (17.6%)
      31 Sterling
      49 (48%)
      14 Henderson (Sub*)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.

Read 29741 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.
      Reply #575: Feb 17, 2014 04:58:33 pm
      Joe Allen was the worst player on the pitch. Yet again. I can't stand watching him play. Yeah, Cissokho is a rubbish footballer with sh*t technique, bnut he gives it everything and within his limitations has had a few decent games. Allen was a dismal non-enity from strt to finish and was one of the reasons we lost the game. He adds nothing.

It's funny football because we watch the same games but I couldn't disagree with you more.

Cissokho has had a few decent games and gives it his all? He wasn't giving his all when he backed out of two 50-50 challenges in the derby within the first 15minutes or so of the match. He is a very clumsy footballer who can barely control a football. Offers nothing going forward, offers nothing defensively either. He makes Djimi Traore look like Roberto Carlos! If it wasn't for Sterling and Skrtel bailing him out all the time you would see 3 or 4 costly errors from him a game.

With Allen, i'll accept he hasn't exactly blown the world away at Anfield yet but I think your criticism of him is very unfair. You can tell he is a gifted footballer, good technique, reads the game well and for a little lad he doesn't shy out of a tackle by any means.

Whereas I cant see any potential in Cissokho ever being a decent player for us, I think if Allen was given a long run in the team we would see what hes capable of and that he is actually a very good footballer.

The problem he has is he isn't as creative as Coutinho, he hasn't go the legs on Hendo, and he doesn't have the same class as Stevie. All three have been good this season so theres no space for Joe at the moment.

In this game, I thought he did ok. Just ok. I wouldn't say he had a terrible game like your making out! 
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #576: Feb 17, 2014 04:59:44 pm
      I just met you, and this is crazy, but go *** yourself :)
      Boom!  :D

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #577: Feb 17, 2014 05:02:13 pm
      He was anonymous and didn't put any pressure on their players. Which is why he won't be playing in our next game and will return to the bench where he belongs.

Hopefully we'll find some mug club willing to give us £5m for him in the summer, which is more than he's worth.

The Welsh Xavi. He's the f**king Welsh Hayden Mullins.

What pressure do you expect him to put on Arse considering we are controlling the game.I cant remember any particular time when we were put under the cosh where he needed to do what you are asking of him. In fact do you know much about football?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #578: Feb 17, 2014 06:10:48 pm
      It's funny football because we watch the same games but I couldn't disagree with you more.

Cissokho has had a few decent games and gives it his all? He wasn't giving his all when he backed out of two 50-50 challenges in the derby within the first 15minutes or so of the match. He is a very clumsy footballer who can barely control a football. Offers nothing going forward, offers nothing defensively either. He makes Djimi Traore look like Roberto Carlos! If it wasn't for Sterling and Skrtel bailing him out all the time you would see 3 or 4 costly errors from him a game.

With Allen, i'll accept he hasn't exactly blown the world away at Anfield yet but I think your criticism of him is very unfair. You can tell he is a gifted footballer, good technique, reads the game well and for a little lad he doesn't shy out of a tackle by any means.

Whereas I cant see any potential in Cissokho ever being a decent player for us, I think if Allen was given a long run in the team we would see what hes capable of and that he is actually a very good footballer.

The problem he has is he isn't as creative as Coutinho, he hasn't go the legs on Hendo, and he doesn't have the same class as Stevie. All three have been good this season so theres no space for Joe at the moment.

In this game, I thought he did ok. Just ok. I wouldn't say he had a terrible game like your making out! 

I agree, Allen does not deserve the stick he is getting.

Comparisons to Xavi? Well, Xavi never got a proper run in the Barcelona side till quite late on - this was a player who almost went on loan to Rangers in the 03-04 season.

All I can say is that he hasn't nearly been given enough game time to prove himself.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #579: Feb 17, 2014 06:35:38 pm
      I agree, Allen does not deserve the stick he is getting.

Comparisons to Xavi? Well, Xavi never got a proper run in the Barcelona side till quite late on - this was a player who almost went on loan to Rangers in the 03-04 season.

All I can say is that he hasn't nearly been given enough game time to prove himself.

Scapegoat syndrome.
      Some people always look for a place to lay "blame".

Allen could have scored a hat trick and some people would still say he was sh*t.

Clearly (to me) he's a lad coming back from injury trying to find his best form, and at the same time, contributing pretty well.

He wasn't dominant, but that's not his game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #580: Feb 17, 2014 07:02:13 pm
      Scapegoat syndrome.
      Some people always look for a place to lay "blame".

Allen could have scored a hat trick and some people would still say he was sh*t.

Clearly (to me) he's a lad coming back from injury trying to find his best form, and at the same time, contributing pretty well.

He wasn't dominant, but that's not his game.

Got to agree, the lad has had a bumpy ride support wise and I've gotta hold me hand up and say I gave him stick when it appeared he was short in the have a go dept.
      To his credit he got his head down and refused to be distracted, as far as I can see nothing in that scenario has changed, Joe is putting the effort in unlike some I could mention, and the criticism is undeserved.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #581: Feb 17, 2014 08:00:26 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10643735/Englands-World-Cup-referee-Howard-Webb-available-for-4000-on-comedians-website.html

'Comedian' Webb has been removed from after dinner speaking guest list. He's pretty good at it though ain't he. That performance yesterday was comedy gold, in front of 60,000 spectators as well. Lee Evans eat your heart out!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #582: Feb 17, 2014 08:11:14 pm
      I normally try not to comment on referees as the way I look at it is that they see it one time, full speed and go on their initial reading of incidents..
      However I've had to stay away following that performance by Howard Webb yesterday because it left me fuming..

What a sh*te excuse for a performance that was, he was inept, arrogant and frankly sh*t.. The way he looks and talks to players is beyond belief, the arrogance of his body language, the fact he utterly got numerous decisions wrong but deemed that he is so f**king clever that he sees something everyone else doesn't.. He bottled numerous decisions..

Now he was sh*t for both sides but we felt his errors more than them, it's not the first time with him he has given us sh*t..

I don't usually put much stock in refs costing you and to an extent yesterday we still created enough to win but if that bloke is the best ref we have in this country the rest must be utter gobs***e..

If we never get the bloke again it would be too soon. F**k off back to South Yorkshire and join your mates back on the beat you c**t.

Proud of the lads though..
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #583: Feb 17, 2014 08:12:21 pm
      All I can say is if given a chance I would have preferred this defeat than a loss in the league.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #584: Feb 17, 2014 08:15:19 pm
      All I can say is if given a chance I would have preferred this defeat than a loss in the league.

Same lad so would I, CL place over the FA Cup anyday.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #585: Feb 17, 2014 08:51:05 pm

What a sh*te excuse for a performance that was, he was inept, arrogant and frankly sh*t.. The way he looks and talks to players is beyond belief, the arrogance of his body language, the fact he utterly got numerous decisions wrong but deemed that he is so f**king clever that he sees something everyone else doesn't.. He bottled numerous decisions..

The way he looked at Sterling after he touched him just screamed of a man full of his own self importance. He's an ignorant pr**k and believes his own hype, got shown up for what he is though in the 2010 World cup final, an absolutely awful referee who can't control a game. Dickhead.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #586: Feb 17, 2014 09:37:43 pm
      I was in transit during the game so didn't see any of it or any highlights since. From what Im reading it sounds like we should have had at least a replay from this. Rarely have I seen so many positives written following a defeat (including the press)

Amazing change in our fortunes in a year

Im old school and love nothing more then progressing in the FA cup and a trip to Wembley and a cup won, but Im wondering does this defeat leave us in a good spot now for a title burst? 12 games left for the season and no midweek games. Could be the best defeat we've had in a long long time
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #587: Feb 17, 2014 09:41:10 pm
      I was in transit during the game so didn't see any of it or any highlights since. From what Im reading it sounds like we should have had at least a replay from this. Rarely have I seen so many positives written following a defeat (including the press)

Amazing change in our fortunes in a year

Im old school and love nothing more then progressing in the FA cup and a trip to Wembley and a cup won, but Im wondering does this defeat leave us in a good spot now for a title burst? 12 games left for the season and no midweek games. Could be the best defeat we've had in a long long time

I don't think any of us wanted to lose this game before hand but having a single goal ahead of you is a fantastic way of focusing your mind.
      these lads now have something within their grasp and all they have to do is continue doing what they have been doing especially at home.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      Reply #588: Feb 17, 2014 09:44:04 pm
      I don't think any of us wanted to lose this game before hand but having a single goal ahead of you is a fantastic way of focusing your mind.
      these lads now have something within their grasp and all they have to do is continue doing what they have been doing especially at home.

Sorry I meant positives in how we played not positives in that we lost (though there is the bonus of only having 12 games left now)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #589: Feb 17, 2014 09:51:18 pm
      Sorry I meant positives in how we played not positives in that we lost (though there is the bonus of only having 12 games left now)

yeah I got that but I don't think many of us are looking anywhere but the Swansea game now lets just count them down one by one and see where it gets us.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #590: Feb 18, 2014 12:45:48 am
      It just goes to show you who is the bigger club when Arsenal beat you in the fifth round of the FA Cup and celebrated like they'd just won the treble.  :D
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #591: Feb 18, 2014 01:55:13 am
      Unjust. That's the only word I can find when I look at our performance, and that of Webbs.

I watched the Brighton v Hull match and Bullocks reaction said everything. His reaction just screamed "WTF?" and he did well to compose himself and ask "How was that not given?"

But im tired of it. Im tired of saying well done to the lads, losing when we deserved to win due to a dubious referee, im tired of hearing "its down to luck", im tired of hearing the "his reputation has gone before him". The simple and obvious truth of the matter is this, LFC are constantly screwed by refs.

Luis Suarez has not dived all season long, he has played the game fairly and squarely and has been the stand out player, the reason why his reputation is being brought into question is because of Webb, I was going to say refs, but no, in general as good as Suarez has been, so have the refs, they have reacted to his fairness with fairness, but not Webb. No he has set out to ensure Suarez gets frustrated in games, it seems to me Webb wanted to get as much a rise out of Suarez as possible, Webb is doing everything he can to enrage Suarez to do something stupid. Look at the penalty given, Webb wasn't going to give it, Suarez FORCED him to give it.

And of course, the reason we are all angry now is because of the corrupted man in the middle, the man who has made it his lifetime mission to piss us all off.

Im tired of it, its unjust. Its not fair that many of us pay to attend these games, or indeed to subscribe to watch these games, its unfair that we pin our dreams of getting to Wembley to watch our team play. Its unfair that the games are not decided by the players, but the man in the middle. Its unfair that it is not the first time this has happened.

ITS UNJUST that NOTHING has been done about it. How this kind of corruption can continue to exist, without one single person unable to bring into question how it can continue to happen, and yet one single person can ruin millions of dreams.

I simply despair.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #592: Feb 18, 2014 02:01:12 am
      Quote from: Brian78
      Im wondering does this defeat leave us in a good spot now for a title burst? 12 games left for the season and no midweek games. Could be the best defeat we've had in a long long time

There's no such thing as a good defeat. There are many teams in the league that only have 12 games left. Alternatively, there are clubs that can still win multiple competitions and that's what we should be aiming for here too.

Our players are employed to play football games. We have one midweek game left, at home to Sunderland. I hope this time next year, we'll have a lot more than one to look forward to.
      GRAHAM01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #593: Feb 18, 2014 07:05:45 am
      does anyone know what date the sunderland game is being moved to??
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #594: Feb 18, 2014 10:29:40 am
      My only worry for the league is one of the Maurinho chelski bandit may do in either Suarez or Sturridge and there goes our top 4 aspirations.

I am really worried that one of those two will be taken out. It would only mean a 3 games ban for one of their players.

I hope nothing happens to either of these two.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #595: Feb 18, 2014 12:08:09 pm
      Let's be honest here. Webb is a c**t. He's a biased c**t at that. We've known it for years. But we shouldn't have been 2-1 in the first place. The first half performance was just not up to scratch and it cost us the game. It was just more evidence, as if more is needed, that our squad is just not up to competing on more than one front and we need some significant investment in the Summer if we're to be able to do that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      Reply #596: Feb 18, 2014 01:03:57 pm
      There's no such thing as a good defeat. There are many teams in the league that only have 12 games left. Alternatively, there are clubs that can still win multiple competitions and that's what we should be aiming for here too.

Our players are employed to play football games. We have one midweek game left, at home to Sunderland. I hope this time next year, we'll have a lot more than one to look forward to.

Yes theres a lot of teams with 12 games left but not many in with a hope of winning the league or a top 4 spot. Our 4 biggest rivals all have European games to content with and all that goes with it plus 2 of them have the FA cup still to play in and 1 of them a league cup final to. Im not saying losing on Sunday was a good thing but if it leaves us fresher then the rest between now and May 11th for us to pick up more points then them all and just maybe have a big trophy that we havent had in 24 years at the end of it then ill take Sundays defeat on the chin!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #597: Feb 18, 2014 01:29:27 pm
      does anyone know what date the sunderland game is being moved to??

No date yet as far as I know .

Quick Reply