Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match:

01 Jones
      1 (1%)
      38 Flanagan
      1 (1%)
      20 Cissokho*
      0 (0%)
      08 Gerrard
      31 (30.4%)
      37 Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      05 Agger
      0 (0%)
      24 Allen
      0 (0%)
      10 Coutinho
      1 (1%)
      15 Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      07 Suarez
      18 (17.6%)
      31 Sterling
      49 (48%)
      14 Henderson (Sub*)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.

Read 29750 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.
      Reply #598: Feb 18, 2014 01:45:56 pm
      Let's be honest here. Webb is a c**t. He's a biased c**t at that. We've known it for years. But we shouldn't have been 2-1 in the first place. The first half performance was just not up to scratch and it cost us the game. It was just more evidence, as if more is needed, that our squad is just not up to competing on more than one front and we need some significant investment in the Summer if we're to be able to do that.

A bit harsh. We weren't at our best in the first half no but we could still have gone in at half time with the lead. We dominated them in the second half completely and by 90minutes we were by far the better team. I think that's credit to Brendan and the players for what a job they've done this season and how much we have improved.

We do need a couple of new additions and they would obviously improve us, but we aren't that far away at all. The league table never lies so they say and if you look at every fixture we've played this season, I can count on one hand how many times the other side have outplayed or even matched us. We'd be sitting top of the league comfortably if we didn't make so many silly mistakes!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #599: Feb 18, 2014 01:50:58 pm
      Yes theres a lot of teams with 12 games left but not many in with a hope of winning the league or a top 4 spot. Our 4 biggest rivals all have European games to content with and all that goes with it plus 2 of them have the FA cup still to play in and 1 of them a league cup final to. Im not saying losing on Sunday was a good thing but if it leaves us fresher then the rest between now and May 11th for us to pick up more points then them all and just maybe have a big trophy that we havent had in 24 years at the end of it then ill take Sundays defeat on the chin!

It is possible we can win the league, we are in a healthy position and have a decent run in as we play two of the teams above us at home.

However, if we are realistic, I think most would agree we had a better chance of winning the F.A cup than winning the league this season. We are chasing three sides at the end of the day, we are hoping all three will slip up at least twice before the end of the season and for us to take maximum points in our remaining games. That is a big big ask. We will probably drop points in about three maybe four games so we need the three above us to drop points in 5 or 6 games each.

Not saying its impossible by any means, but had we put arsenal out which we should have done, we had a nice tie against the blueshite at home, probably an easy semi and then City in the final!

I hope you're right and it keeps us fresh for the run in but the other three also have much bigger squads than us. I think they will prioritise the league just as much as the CL too. 
      GRAHAM01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #600: Feb 18, 2014 02:36:11 pm

thanks mate, will just have to keep my ear to the ground and see what date they push it out too
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #601: Feb 18, 2014 04:49:13 pm
      Has howard webb apologised?  No. Has Howard webb said why he didn't give the penalty?  No. Has FA punished webb? No. Is he still being sent as England's best ref to the world cup?  Yes.... seriously. .. someone should complain! Football is being destroyed by bad refereeing, all that I see are these respect the ref campaigns but respect is earnt and I can't see many earning it at the moment.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #602: Feb 18, 2014 08:54:19 pm
      One thing is for sure, aside from the Chelsea game we have bounced back in style every single time we have had a setback this year. Best of luck to Swansea. A side that likes to play football and not sit in is the perfect opponent for us. Move on and push on up the league.

Quick Reply