Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Summer Tour 2014 (USA)

Read 10083 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Re: LFC Summer Tour 2014 (USA)
      Reply #23: Jul 20, 2014 03:49:18 pm
      Just wondering if any of our cousins across the pond can tell me if the venues where our lads will be playing are 'sell-outs'?

Saw the seating map for Fenway and there seems to be quite a few seats available. I see also that they're going to separate the fans this time and if anything, it looks like we could be outnumbered by the Italians!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24: Jul 20, 2014 03:59:22 pm
      Just wondering if any of our cousins across the pond can tell me if the venues where our lads will be playing are 'sell-outs'?

Saw the seating map for Fenway and there seems to be quite a few seats available. I see also that they're going to separate the fans this time and if anything, it looks like we could be outnumbered by the Italians!

Dunno about that mate there are a good few scousers and LFC supporters in the New England area, going through Boston it's amazing the number of times you hear a Liverpool accent, there are a good few Irish lads there as well who would no doubt boost the numbers.

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #25: Jul 20, 2014 04:22:24 pm
      Dunno about that mate there are a good few scousers and LFC supporters in the New England area, going through Boston it's amazing the number of times you hear a Liverpool accent, there are a good few Irish lads there as well who would no doubt boost the numbers.

As long as you all get to have a great day out mixing it up and enforcing the camaraderie of the best supporters in the world, then that's all that matters.

And you get the chance to see potentially Markovic & Lallana playing in a Liverpool side before anyone else to boot!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #26: Jul 20, 2014 05:05:42 pm

I went to Fenway 2 years ago when we played Roma, it was sold out. Fenway only holds about 35k.   And we vastly outnumbered them in the crowd. At least two to one.  They had separate sections then also, and most in the nuetral areas were Reds.

Yankee Stadium holds about 48k.  I'd think we'd get at least 40k for that, but its just a guess. Hope it fills up.

Cant wait for this

Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #27: Jul 28, 2014 11:39:40 pm
      Chicago's game had a great atmosphere. I sat in the supporter's section, we stood and chanted/sang the whole game. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and being around fellow fans.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28: Jul 29, 2014 12:05:43 am
      Chicago's game had a great atmosphere. I sat in the supporter's section, we stood and chanted/sang the whole game. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and being around fellow fans.

Came through well over the telly and actually sounded a lot louder than Boston!
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #29: Jul 29, 2014 12:38:40 am

Glad to hear. I was wondering if those watching could hear us.

I always knew that we are a great community to be a part of and it was confirmed even more over the weekend of events. Met fellow fans who are sending me the pictures they took of the game.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #30: Jul 30, 2014 05:38:31 pm

Yeah, Boston had pockets of people who were singing, but for the most part I was unimpressed.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Jenn.

Went out to Princeton on Monday. Enjoyed the training session thoroughly.

New York's turn tonight. Headed out of work soon for a few hours of the pre-game festivities i.e. barhopping. LFCNY have worked hard to create something here and I have to tip my hat to them. Apparently they're looking to march into Yankee Stadium from a bar by the stadium. Vocal chords should be shredded by kick-off. ;)
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #31: Jul 30, 2014 06:42:19 pm

Vocal chords should be shredded by kick-off. ;)

Better be mate  ;)

Look for me, I'll be the guy in the Red shirt   :D
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #32: Jul 30, 2014 11:32:16 pm
      If anyone wants to see the pictures I took, you can see them here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0v1YwjDgfX0NGNpQWxfbUxhRE0&usp=sharing.
      I thought it would be the easiest way to share them.

Hope everyone going to the NY game has a great time. I will be watching the game.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #33: Aug 02, 2014 02:12:30 pm
      Nice pics, Jenn. You and I had very similar vantage points.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #34: Aug 02, 2014 04:44:15 pm
      Nice pics, Jenn. You and I had very similar vantage points.

It was nice being close to the field, Lucas heard us chanting his name and gave us a thumbs up while setting up for an Olympiacos corner. Eric the game was an intense one in New York with the back and forth. Glad to see we won it. Hope you had a great time.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #35: Aug 09, 2014 04:33:12 pm
      Eric the game was an intense one in New York with the back and forth. Glad to see we won it. Hope you had a great time.

Thanks! Yeah it was great to see such a competitive game despite being preseason. Hope you had as much fun as I did, Jenn.

Quick Reply