Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Southampton

Simon Mignolet
      10 (6.4%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (0.6%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (0.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      9 (5.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      4 (2.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (4.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      123 (78.3%)
      Raheem Sterling
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2014 07:43:32 pm

Southampton 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Celebration

Read 42394 times
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Re: Southampton 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Celebration
      Reply #690: Mar 02, 2014 07:07:53 am
      Brilliant win,so far we have scored 73 goals this season,that is phenomenal,and just shows what an attacking force we are,rode our luck a bit at times yesterday,but in the end our class showed especially in the 2nd half,and we deserved the 3 points,getting really excited now for the run in,some massive games coming up,if we had big Sami,and Henchoz in their prime in this team i think we would piss the league,still we will be very very close come may.

p.s all the best Billy i hope it goes well for you tomorrow.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #691: Mar 02, 2014 08:21:16 am
      On a personal note, on Monday I get the results of a Bronchoscopy I had recently , so I may have my own challenge to deal with, fighting cancer, so for the moment I try and grab anything that takes my mind off the worry of that,

Going through that with my Dad at the moment mate. You'll be fine no matter what happens on Monday so keep up your spirits and there's nothing like Liverpool doing well to keep a smile on the face, just ask my Dad that.

YNWA

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #692: Mar 02, 2014 08:23:21 am
      A great great result. The FA will now have Webb reffing the Manchester game, with Ferguson on one line and kelvin Mackenzie on the other. Don't care we will get the 3 points. Very excited about our run in.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #693: Mar 02, 2014 08:24:14 am
      Good luck billy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #694: Mar 02, 2014 08:45:24 am
      Exciting times, proper win that one, none of that 3-2, 4-3, 5-3 nonsense.

3-0, brilliant. Performance of challengers that one.

Two more away games coming up.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #695: Mar 02, 2014 09:02:51 am
      coutinho wrong choice for me but what i liked is BR didnt wait till 60-70 mins to change it which was refreshing to see .Time to spank the mancs
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #696: Mar 02, 2014 09:18:36 am
      Still smiling after that.  A very important win at a difficult place to go. 

I think we were more nervous about the game than the lads and Brendan, they just took it in their stride, did a professional job, came away with 3 points and more importantly the belief that we can go anywhere and win.

We move up two places to 2nd, still 4 points behind the chavs and they have far more to lose and much tougher games over the next few weeks than we do.

What a season we're having after all the s**t we've had to contend with over the last few years, it's great being a Red right now  ;D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #697: Mar 02, 2014 09:29:01 am
      WHAT A f***in WIN THAT WAS,
      I said earlier that winning today will be a turning point in our season and it is,

WE really CAN go all the way, We ARE starting to believe , and that result today will send tremors to the Ethihad,the Emirates and the plastics of Stamford Bridge,

Brothers & Sisters, I sit here with a grin as wide as the Mersey, I'm as happy as I've been for f**k knows how long because I just know that my team are back where it belongs, challenging for league titles,

On a personal note, on Monday I get the results of a Bronchoscopy I had recently , so I may have my own challenge to deal with, fighting cancer, so for the moment I try and grab anything that takes my mind off the worry of that,

Tonight I feel f***in great, my team sit 2nd top if the premier league, I'm looking forward to bragging about how good we are, how good we are going to be,

What a feeling it is to have a future that will bring titles & trophies galore, this is just the beginning , we've not even started yet, wait t'il the money starts to flow,
      If Brendan Rodgers can have us challenging on a shoestring then what can he deliver with appropriate funds,

Q; Is there anyone still sat on that f***in fence ?

We have a lovely wee break now until we go to the toilet, go to the toilet and tear the hasbeens a new f***in arse, go to the toilet and humiliate Moyes, bacon face, granny shagger, van pussy, camel faced Rio, and that lying little kunt Evra

Be afraid, be very afraid,
      Cos
      Liverpool FC Are Back

Fan-f***in-tastic today,
      What a result, what a team, and what a manager we have, and what a future we have, all of us together,
      The Liverpool Family ,
      The Liverpool Way

YNWA

Cracking post Billy Lad !
      That was a BIG pressure win in my opinion, anyone can be up for the big games! it's the away games like Fulham and Southampton that the players need to be up for, I've always believed we can win the league it's the belief of the players themselves that I sometimes doubt.
      I suppose the results in the upcoming games against the Chavs, Citeh and the Scum will ultimately define our Title challenge, WE WILL the Premier league title it's just a matter of which season.
      Fingers crossed for your personal results Billy, I suppose a positive frame of mind after collecting 3pts (again!) can't hurt ?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #698: Mar 02, 2014 09:31:40 am
      goes without saying, we will always score goals throughout the season. There may be a few occasions when we don't, but from here on in, it has to be every game. Chelsea and city won't drop too many points, but with the three they drop at Anfield, the other odd one or two could swing the title our way.
      I'm not getting over excited about the title as I think either our defence or midfield still have something about them that makes me cautious.
      Get nervous as f**k before every game, and never convinced we are gonna win until it's over, but that's just me. I'd love nothing more than for us to win it, it would put me on cloud 9.
      If we don't, so what, we can strengthen in the summer, and we'll still score shed loads of goals next season, but hopefully with a stronger midfield and or defence.
       Never say never, and as long as we  are in touch, and we certainly are at the mo, we have a chance.
      Not 100% convinced yet, but hoping and praying every minute of every day.

Ask yourself if we look like the underdogs with the winning spirit that won the league against all odds.
      Dare to believe we can win the title.
      I do.
      I get the overall impression it's written already; this seasons story. The story is we are going to win the league this year.
      I've felt like this since before Christmas.
      Chelsea are sweaty plazzy turds with that pleb as boss then it's twice as bad.
      Man city are a team of players that play for the money and have no soul.
      Arsenal are ARSEnal just pathetic dropout bastoids.
      Giroud? WTF! Bouffant haired pleb, is he better that SAS? Common kids think about it in real terms.
      We have the best attack... simple fact.. in the world btw.
      If you can't believe we can win the title then why aren't you entertaining the thought?
      I'm not questioning you, just everyone here who are bigging up the two plastic teams and the arse instead of focusing that logic on us.
      You all best start thinking in terms of us winning the league ok.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #699: Mar 02, 2014 10:24:10 am
      All the very best Billy. You'll win your battle. You'll never walk alone.

As for the win. What a win. We're actually going to win the bloody league aren't we.

Cheers mate , appreciated, yeah not had a better chance for far toooooooo long, we have to stay calm tho, one game at a time see where it takes us , Scum up next and another. 3 pts,

Personally after yesterday's pivotal victory I can't see us finishing below third tbh, Arse have bottled it yet again IMO which leaves only two, both of which have to come to the cauldron of Anfield, would you bet against beating both ?

Remember in 2005, no one gave us a prayer especially at half time, wouldn't it be fitting that we win no 19 in the same manner, remember those special numbers, 54,56,60, that's the times the goals went in that famous night(I think ?)

LIVERPOOL FC
      PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS, has a certain ring to it , BELIEVE !!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #700: Mar 02, 2014 10:43:44 am
      Cracking post Billy Lad !
      That was a BIG pressure win in my opinion, anyone can be up for the big games! it's the away games like Fulham and Southampton that the players need to be up for, I've always believed we can win the league it's the belief of the players themselves that I sometimes doubt.
      I suppose the results in the upcoming games against the Chavs, Citeh and the Scum will ultimately define our Title challenge, WE WILL the Premier league title it's just a matter of which season.
      Fingers crossed for your personal results Billy, I suppose a positive frame of mind after collecting 3pts (again!) can't hurt ?

Thanks mate, yeah two games on the horizon are obvious deciders but who knows what's going to happen in between, I know one for sure tho, we 're going to tear scum a new one and finally put there glory times to bed, from that day they will be living in our shadow just like blueshite,
      We 're just getting started they've had 21 years of almost domination, but now we are back, back where we truly belong, for me it's imminent, we WILL be champions very very soon,

YNWA
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #701: Mar 02, 2014 11:14:21 am

Thanks mate, yeah two games on the horizon are obvious deciders but who knows what's going to happen in between, I know one for sure tho, we 're going to tear scum a new one and finally put there glory times to bed, from that day they will be living in our shadow just like blueshite,
      We 're just getting started they've had 21 years of almost domination, but now we are back, back where we truly belong, for me it's imminent, we WILL be champions very very soon,

YNWA

I like that! I like that! I like that!

The rise of the LiverBird, just like the reborn Pheonix.   ;D   :aaliverpool2xt1:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #702: Mar 02, 2014 11:51:57 am

YNWA

What I like about the possibility of us been champions is the fact that all the Previous winners of the EPL (not div1) have had serous money thrown at ether the club or players in the past, in monetary terms we're the David to the others Goliath's, from 7th to 1st would be AMAZING !
      Who's come from so low down to win the league recently?
      Whilst we're on the subject surely the scums fall cannot be anymore dramatic ? from Champions to no marks in 1 season !
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #703: Mar 02, 2014 11:57:54 am
      Thank you guys for your kind words of encouragement, your best wishes. & your vote ups , very much appreciated,
      Thank you
      We truly are the best supporters in the world

YNWA

Admire your postings all this while. Don't worry, situation will turn out fine for you. We're one happy family here inspite of our little differences along the way. YNWA.

lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #704: Mar 02, 2014 12:19:03 pm
      WHAT A f***in WIN THAT WAS,
      I said earlier that winning today will be a turning point in our season and it is,

WE really CAN go all the way, We ARE starting to believe , and that result today will send tremors to the Ethihad,the Emirates and the plastics of Stamford Bridge,

Brothers & Sisters, I sit here with a grin as wide as the Mersey, I'm as happy as I've been for F**k knows how long because I just know that my team are back where it belongs, challenging for league titles,

Tonight I feel f***in great, my team sit 2nd top if the premier league, I'm looking forward to bragging about how good we are, how good we are going to be,

What a feeling it is to have a future that will bring titles & trophies galore, this is just the beginning , we've not even started yet, wait t'il the money starts to flow,
      If Brendan Rodgers can have us challenging on a shoestring then what can he deliver with appropriate funds,

Q; Is there anyone still sat on that f***in fence ?

We have a lovely wee break now until we go to the toilet, go to the toilet and tear the hasbeens a new f***in arse, go to the toilet and humiliate Moyes, bacon face, granny shagger, van pussy, camel faced Rio, and that lying little kunt Evra

Be afraid, be very afraid,
      Cos
      Liverpool FC Are Back

Fan-f***in-tastic today,
      What a result, what a team, and what a manager we have, and what a future we have, all of us together,
      The Liverpool Family ,
      The Liverpool Way

YNWA

Can't dream of putting it any better than this. Great post mate, goosebumps reading it. All the best with everything mate, hope everything goes well.

Just shows the power of football over our emotions. Absolutely brilliant.

On another note, does anybody know if there are any threads on the HFSG Charity match, just got a ticket in the kop and not heard much chat about it on here. Unless I'm just not looking for it in the right places.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #705: Mar 02, 2014 01:24:59 pm
      Results like this tell me a couple of things

One, we genuinely are turning back into a top side

Two, we may well be right in this title race

Winning so well at a tough place without being at your best?

Good F***ing times ahead

Well in redmen
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #706: Mar 02, 2014 01:31:49 pm
      The more I think of it, yesterdays win was freekin' huge.

Away,
      Boggie team,
      17:30 kick off,
      Live on TV,
      Playing in a sh*t kit,
      Needed to win.

All things that usually mean we come unstuck, but not this time. Really quite overjoyed.  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #707: Mar 02, 2014 01:52:54 pm

The more we look to challenge this season
      The better the black away kit looks.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #708: Mar 02, 2014 01:57:35 pm
      Going through that with my Dad at the moment mate. You'll be fine no matter what happens on Monday so keep up your spirits and there's nothing like Liverpool doing well to keep a smile on the face, just ask my Dad that.

YNWA
      I can feel you BillyTheRed and WhatAHitSon. Recently had a tumour (Partoidectomy) removed and luckily the HPE report came out B9. Praying for Billy's and WhatAHitSon Dad results to be b9 too.

Well done RedMen for keeping all our spirits up.

Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #709: Mar 02, 2014 03:39:53 pm
      Simply Fantastic by the team!! Great result.
      Suarez was obviously the MOTM... but my special mention goes to Mignolet who kept us in the game during that nervy 1st half spell.

Well played LFC.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #710: Mar 02, 2014 05:27:02 pm
      I can feel you BillyTheRed and WhatAHitSon. Recently had a tumour (Partoidectomy) removed and luckily the HPE report came out B9. Praying for Billy's and WhatAHitSon Dad results to be b9 too.

Well done RedMen for keeping all our spirits up.

My Dad has actually got it but well into his chemo but things like your post do mean a lot you know.

Rapidly getting back on topic I am still made buzzing but nothing like a bit of ruthlessness from City today to make me give my head maybe just a little wobble.

The title race is well on and we're in it but let's not forget what would be deemed as excellent progress this season although it's very hard not to dream and believe we are in with a shout of the holy grail.

One at a time and all that like Brendan said.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #711: Mar 02, 2014 05:42:02 pm
      On another note, does anybody know if there are any threads on the HFSG Charity match, just got a ticket in the kop and not heard much chat about it on here. Unless I'm just not looking for it in the right places.

I put the details in the 25th Anniversary thread mate.  Like you I was surprised there wasn't much talk about it on here.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #712: Mar 02, 2014 05:53:11 pm

YNWA

Only just seen this mate, my issues with trying to keep away from match threads.... Hope all is ok with your old fella.. Fingers crossed for him lad

Quick Reply