Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Southampton

Simon Mignolet
      10 (6.4%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (0.6%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (0.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      9 (5.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      4 (2.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (4.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      123 (78.3%)
      Raheem Sterling
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2014 07:43:32 pm

Southampton 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Celebration

Read 42406 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Southampton 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Celebration
      Reply #713: Mar 02, 2014 05:54:56 pm
      WHAT A f***in WIN THAT WAS,
      I said earlier that winning today will be a turning point in our season and it is,

WE really CAN go all the way, We ARE starting to believe , and that result today will send tremors to the Ethihad,the Emirates and the plastics of Stamford Bridge,

Brothers & Sisters, I sit here with a grin as wide as the Mersey, I'm as happy as I've been for f**k knows how long because I just know that my team are back where it belongs, challenging for league titles,

On a personal note, on Monday I get the results of a Bronchoscopy I had recently , so I may have my own challenge to deal with, fighting cancer, so for the moment I try and grab anything that takes my mind off the worry of that,

Tonight I feel f***in great, my team sit 2nd top if the premier league, I'm looking forward to bragging about how good we are, how good we are going to be,

What a feeling it is to have a future that will bring titles & trophies galore, this is just the beginning , we've not even started yet, wait t'il the money starts to flow,
      If Brendan Rodgers can have us challenging on a shoestring then what can he deliver with appropriate funds,

Q; Is there anyone still sat on that f***in fence ?

We have a lovely wee break now until we go to the toilet, go to the toilet and tear the hasbeens a new f***in arse, go to the toilet and humiliate Moyes, bacon face, granny shagger, van pussy, camel faced Rio, and that lying little kunt Evra

Be afraid, be very afraid,
      Cos
      Liverpool FC Are Back

Fan-f***in-tastic today,
      What a result, what a team, and what a manager we have, and what a future we have, all of us together,
      The Liverpool Family ,
      The Liverpool Way

YNWA

And this..

Fingers crossed for Monday lad.. Football means everything to us but this is bigger.

Hope all goes ok lad
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #714: Mar 02, 2014 06:22:03 pm
      I said earlier that winning today will be a turning point in our season and it is,

WE really CAN go all the way, We ARE starting to believe , and that result today will send tremors to the Ethihad,the Emirates and the plastics of Stamford Bridge,

Brothers & Sisters, I sit here with a grin as wide as the Mersey, I'm as happy as I've been for f**k knows how long because I just know that my team are back where it belongs, challenging for league titles,

On a personal note, on Monday I get the results of a Bronchoscopy I had recently , so I may have my own challenge to deal with, fighting cancer, so for the moment I try and grab anything that takes my mind off the worry of that,

Tonight I feel f***in great, my team sit 2nd top if the premier league, I'm looking forward to bragging about how good we are, how good we are going to be,

What a feeling it is to have a future that will bring titles & trophies galore, this is just the beginning , we've not even started yet, wait t'il the money starts to flow,
      If Brendan Rodgers can have us challenging on a shoestring then what can he deliver with appropriate funds,

We have a lovely wee break now until we go to the toilet, go to the toilet and tear the hasbeens a new f***in arse, go to the toilet and humiliate Moyes, bacon face, granny shagger, van pussy, camel faced Rio, and that lying little kunt Evra

Cos
      Liverpool FC Are Back

Fan-f***in-tastic today,
      What a result, what a team, and what a manager we have, and what a future we have, all of us together,
      The Liverpool Family ,
      The Liverpool Way

YNWA

Great post fella, and my thoughts with ya for the most positive of outcomes! LFC Reds with ya all the way.

Being one of those that was probably on the fence as far as a title challenge goes, I guess that result sent me off. I don't know why that one more than anything, but there's multiple factors that impress for that win.

1) Response & Improvement: We lost (& deserved to lose) to this team earlier in the season. And when our impressive home form is considered, it's a great win. To come to their home, regardless of form, and take them down so comprehensively in the end - shows the growth this team has gone through so far in the season.

2) Resilience & Mental Strength: Defense and all has been a storyline (and will continue to be) all season - but after taking the lead and then weathering a storm from a team that possesses some potency, we kept our heads and ground our way back to end up dominating the match. This is what title contending/winning sides do. Lord knows how many times I watched that F***ing team up the M60 look like F***ing dog sh*t for half a game, but they'd end up winning 2/3-0 because they'd weather the storm without panic, and take the game by the scruff when the opportunity was presented. We did exactly that. Took the pressure, held, then bounced back with that beautiful play that led to the Sterling goal. From then on it was ours. Title-winning form.

3) Passion: I love what I saw from these guys in the game. Every guy wearing purple/white/black looked invested. Calm. Like there was a mission firmly entrenched in their minds. For years now, since 08/09, I've watched a team trudge around the field for large parts of the season with no real goal in mind. You could just see it - even the likes of Gerrard just looked down and out, with no real "bigger picture" - that's gone. In it's place is a hunger, a fight, a collective vision of a) What this team is, their identity, and b) What this team can achieve with this identity. They look like a collective. An army in red. And they know exactly what they want to conquer, and they know how they can do it.

I have seen all this in this season multiple times, but I think it just finally became clear in yesterdays game. Who knows why. Mentality as a fan is a funny thing, sometimes clarity just hits for no real reason. Maybe my hungover mind (was a 930am start over here :D ) had an epiphany. Either way, it's ours if we want it.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #715: Mar 02, 2014 10:11:17 pm
      Even though we were on the back foot for large parts of the game we capitalised on the run of play , eventually grinding them down and that was a big part of what was missing from our game for some years now.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #716: Mar 03, 2014 12:19:52 am
      I listened to this match on the radio, and it sounded like we were getting totally outclassed all around the park. On for a hiding so to speak.
      I've just watched the whole match and all I can say is, how misleading the dado iss, and the commentators. We were never really in trouble, our defence and defensive midfield were terrific throughout. So Saints had plenty of poses ion, and the played around us a bit, but they didn't actually play THROUGH us. They were limited to two clear chances,One off target (post) and one great save from Mig. Had their keeper been able to make an equally as good save, they may have stayed in the match longer.  A few half chances i'll grant you, but no more than us. We never seemed to get in the recent usual disarray at the back, and always looked calm and mostly in control. We did give the ball away too often, and let them keep coming at us, but we never seemed to be over run, or out of our depth. The forwards were all great for the full time they were on, although Coutinho's radar seemed tone a bit off course. That's the only criticism I can think of really. thought it was a good open end to end game. Haven't seen any stats but assume they had more possession, we calmly defended and countered.  Scored when we got four chances, and could have had two more at least.
      Can't think where any negative posts come from as I thought that was a great all round performance. A good side saints, especially at home. That was a very good and deserved 3 points.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #717: Mar 03, 2014 10:11:49 am

Cos
      Liverpool FC Are Back

Fan-f***in-tastic today,
      The Liverpool Family ,
      The Liverpool Way

YNWA

Great post mate! All the best with your results today. YNWA.

As for the game,it was the result of champions. Not playing great during periods of the game but still coming away with all 3 points,a true mark of champions. I was nervous going into the game as we all know Southampton are our bogey team and with Arsenal dropping points it was even more important to get the win. Suarez was MOTM but Mignolet is a close second with the crucial saves he made.

Brendan is doing the right thing by deflecting all talk of a title chase/win. All we can do is take it one game at a time and keep winning. As for the next game,bring on the mancs! Time to put them in their place for once and for all.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #718: Mar 03, 2014 11:04:47 am
      Quote from billythered on March 01, 2014, 10:18:02 PM
      on Monday I get the results of a Bronchoscopy I had recently , so I may have my own challenge to deal with, fighting cancer, so for the moment I try and grab anything that takes my mind off the worry of that,
      All the best for today Billy. Hope you get the news that lifts your spirit once again.  Good Luck Mate.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #719: Mar 03, 2014 11:09:21 am

Thoughts with you Billy.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #720: Mar 03, 2014 03:43:29 pm
      That was a very satifying result, even if the display didn't reflect the scoreline. But the difference is, as so often this season, our attacking play. Very clinical finishing. Apart from Henderson, obviously. Southampton looked very good at times, with Lallana the standout performer; very easy to watch him play football.

Mig (8.). You can't criticise his ability as a very good shot-stopper. Some great saves.

Agger (7). Much improved from his last game, played well against a good attacking team.

Skrtel (7). Another solid display and can be pleased with how he has bounced back from the last horrorshow

Johnson (6). Still getting back to top form and fitness, but this was a big step.

Flanno (6). One or two very tasty challenges set the tone. Never concedes anything without a fight. He will never be a silky-skilled, jetheeled attacking full-back, but that's fine with me. He tackles like a demon.

Gerrard (7). Another fabulous, nerveless penalty from The Captain. Started slowly and had a few uncomfortable moments in the first 45 minutes, but very good in the second half

Allen (5). I suppose that's the archetypal Allen game. "Tidy". Didn't really do much with the ball, but the extra body in midfield was useful.

Henderson (6). Decent enough display and very hardworking but doesn't have the right mindset to really take control of a midfield. Missed another easy chance.

Coutinho (3). Passing was all over the place like a mad woman's piss.

Sturridge (6). Had a few efforts and moved well, but will be frustrated that he didn't make the keeper produce a few more saves.

Suarez (9). Unplayable at times, scored the first, made the second, won the pen. A delight.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #721: Mar 03, 2014 08:59:14 pm
      That was a very satifying result, even if the display didn't reflect the scoreline. But the difference is, as so often this season, our attacking play. Very clinical finishing. Apart from Henderson, obviously. Southampton looked very good at times, with Lallana the standout performer; very easy to watch him play football.

Mig (8.). You can't criticise his ability as a very good shot-stopper. Some great saves.

Agger (7). Much improved from his last game, played well against a good attacking team.

Skrtel (7). Another solid display and can be pleased with how he has bounced back from the last horrorshow

Johnson (6). Still getting back to top form and fitness, but this was a big step.

Flanno (6). One or two very tasty challenges set the tone. Never concedes anything without a fight. He will never be a silky-skilled, jetheeled attacking full-back, but that's fine with me. He tackles like a demon.

Gerrard (7). Another fabulous, nerveless penalty from The Captain. Started slowly and had a few uncomfortable moments in the first 45 minutes, but very good in the second half

Allen (5). I suppose that's the archetypal Allen game. "Tidy". Didn't really do much with the ball, but the extra body in midfield was useful.

Henderson (6). Decent enough display and very hardworking but doesn't have the right mindset to really take control of a midfield. Missed another easy chance.

Coutinho (3). Passing was all over the place like a mad woman's piss.

Sturridge (6). Had a few efforts and moved well, but will be frustrated that he didn't make the keeper produce a few more saves.

Suarez (9). Unplayable at times, scored the first, made the second, won the pen. A delight.

Perfect Description and Individual Player analysis mate...
      Especially Coutinho !! :laugh: , he just wasn't in the game was he.. :roll:
      Great description of Flanno too.. He's solid alright.. like a brick wall..reminds me of Carragher in a way..
      One analysis you left out mate was
      Rogers (10) , another commanding tactical job well done away from home against a very good side reducing them to half chances in front of their own fans..

All the post match comments have been great and I can't really add to any of the them if i'm honest except to say that I'm one happy man right now..and how delighted I am at how quiet its gone all of a sudden in the media and across the footballing world..
      They are all shitting themselves at the mere thought of LIVERPOOL FC smashing their way through the Arabs & Russian money spinners and snatching the PL trophy from right under their noses and stamping their authority back on world football..

I hope to God this Battalion of men can all stay fit and strong as we carry on fighting these last remaining battles..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #722: Mar 03, 2014 09:24:17 pm
      Slightly off topic

Not sure where else to post it...

Brothers & Sisters,

Today I was given the all clear form the results of my recent biopsy, I am so relieved I can't put into words the elation I am feeling,

I would like to thank you all for your kind words, your support, and your encouragement these last few days,
      I have been overwhelmed by the response since I mentioned my woe on Saturday,

The result against Saints was so fantastic it brought to the fore inner emotions that LFC really are back where we belong,

We have all been thru some really tough times in our history none more so for those families of our 96 brothers & sisters who are still fighting for justice, we have all witnessed the unity, the togetherness we have in our Liverpool family, but until it touches you like it has myself the last few days you don't truly understand it,

WE truly are the best fans in the world, there is not another club or people in the world that stick by your own ,

I am immensely proud to call myself a Liverpool fan, I  feel absolutely privileged to be part of a family who supports one another thru thick and thin,

You can't buy that, there no amount financially you could put on that, either you have it or you don't,
      It's what makes us stand out from anyone else, it's why we are the best that ever will be.

THANK YOU once again my
      Brothers & Sisters

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      +18
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #723: Mar 03, 2014 09:26:19 pm
      Slightly off topic

Brothers & Sisters,

Today I was given the all clear form the results of my recent biopsy, I am so relieved I can't put into words the elation I am feeling,

I would like to thank you all for your kind words, your support, and your encouragement these last few days,

The result against Saints was so fantastic it brought to the fore inner emotions that LFC really are back where we belong,

We have all been thru some really tough times in our history none more so for those families of our 96 brothers & sisters who are still fighting for justice, we have all witnessed the unity, the togetherness we have in our Liverpool family, but until it touches you like it has myself the last few days you don't truly understand it,

WE truly are the best fans in the world, there is not another club or people in the world that stick by your own ,

I am immensely proud to call myself a Liverpool fan, I  feel absolutely privileged to be part of a family who supports one another thru thick and thin,

You can't buy that, there no amount financially you could put on that, either you have it or you don't,
      It's what makes us stand out from anyone else, it's why we are the best that ever will be.

THANK YOU once again my
      Brothers & Sisters

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Over the moon for you Billy lad.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #724: Mar 03, 2014 09:29:54 pm
      ITS A SIGN BILLY !! ITS A SIGN MATE.. I'M TELLEN YER !!....

You must be on top of the world right now !!..

Made up for yer...

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #725: Mar 03, 2014 10:01:59 pm
      congratulations Billy you're a survivor !
      pleased as punch for you.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #726: Mar 03, 2014 10:28:29 pm
      Congrats Billy mate. I don't know you, but your post just put a smile on my face nonetheless. YNWA
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #727: Mar 03, 2014 10:33:45 pm
      Slightly off topic

Brothers & Sisters,

THANK YOU once again my
      Brothers & Sisters

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Get in Billy.

Great news mate.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #728: Mar 03, 2014 11:04:56 pm
      Slightly off topic

Brothers & Sisters,

THANK YOU once again my
      Brothers & Sisters

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Awesome news mate.

YNWA

redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #729: Mar 03, 2014 11:44:44 pm
      Well in Billy - i'm delighted for you.  You'll sleep very well tonight, and you'll deserve it.

Best wishes to you and yours.

YNWA
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #730: Mar 03, 2014 11:56:54 pm
      Slightly off topic

Brothers & Sisters,

THANK YOU once again my
      Brothers & Sisters

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Great news mate, I'm made up for you :)
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #731: Mar 04, 2014 09:38:31 am
      Billy,

that's great news and one big millstone off your back.

Made up for you and your family. Time for a more enjoyable roller coaster ride now with the Redmen.

All the best, Norfolk Red.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #732: Mar 04, 2014 10:38:03 am
      Best news I've heard all day Billy. Put an even bigger smile on my face that has. Made up for you my RED Brother.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #733: Mar 04, 2014 12:19:46 pm
      Slightly off topic

Brothers & Sisters,

THANK YOU once again my
      Brothers & Sisters

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

GET IN BILLY!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #734: Mar 04, 2014 12:47:58 pm
      Great news Billy lad YWNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #735: Mar 04, 2014 02:01:05 pm
      Great news Billy, I'm made up for you mate.

Your mind, body and soul can now focus on enjoying watching us winning the league  ;D

Quick Reply